No Job too big, too small, or too Unusual (Miles and Co.)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
darkkitsune
Duke
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:47 pm

A sliver furred raccoon went through the doors of the tavern. He was very dressed with frills on collar and cuffs and a cane with jewel on top. Walked up to the group, bowed and said, "My name is John Coon, a spy by trade, I think that Rif talked about me. If not, well...it doesn't matter. What matters is that I can help get the information that you seek, or that I already have some of the information on this Batym character that the yakura is helping. Myself, my wife, and Rif...and Alice, have come to get Raliza, my daughter out of the hands of Batym. I know that you won't do it for free, so I offer up my services as a spy. While I can't grantee Rif's help, I doubt that he will not come to help also. If that isn't enough, I will give you up front is here bag of gold...unfortunately, it's all in coins of Yamaha, not that it would matter one way or another." He takes out a small bag from his pocket and tosses it, in the direction of Miles. It sounds like it is filled with coins. "Also, if there are no objections, I will give you the information of the layout of the manor. I will not feel in the least bit sad if you check it but I assure you ladies and gentlemen, that it is correct." He pulls out a couple sheet of paper, very detailed maps including some secret entrances, "I am not so sure that they would not know about those entrances, but I would think that they would. When the job, getting Raliza out, is completed, I will pay double the amount that was just paid there. If we are agreed, then to the next we meet. Oh, and Rami, you might want to come too. I doubt that it would be necessary for you to stay here today. After this..." He turned to leave. Also, a small mouse got up from one of the tables and walk out head of the elder raccoon, dispelling his illusion before going outside. His form changed from that of a small mouse to a raccoon in ninja garb.
Last edited by darkkitsune on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Sponsor
 

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Gender: Female
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Tansa mentally shook her head. This individual obviously knew too much to be safe, or trusted. The first rule of gathering information is not to speak of it so publicly. The second was not to divulge any more than one had to at any given time, until requested.

Once the two left, Tansa used her power to animate the shadow of the one who spoke so freely.

"You know. For a spy you seem to lack the intelligence and common sense to hold back information, and speak in private. If any of the furs in there wanted, they could contact the target and thus all of your plans, and ours, would be for naught. You may have very well damned our mission to failure..." John's shadow said, standing behind the two, then simply melting back into the ground.

((for what it's worth, Tansa has used this technique all of 2-3 other times. Once in private, Once in a meeting she was observing, and I think once again in a battle against bandits. She is, infact almost completely unknown to the world for being an assassin, or having powers. Those that see her in her assassin garb rarely live more than a couple of hours at best. Aside from her allies that is. I'm saying all of this to note that nothing is indicating her abilities, or reputation.))

User avatar
Rainwhisker
King
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 am
Gender: Male
Species: Lynx canadensis
Location: Travancore/Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Post by Rainwhisker » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 am

The cat was pleased with how he managed to snag a few coins off the price - it wasn't so much as the price as it was to show he was competent. Truth be told, he had on his person much more than the original 50.

He then offered a detailed explanation on where Batym the II resided - the estate was somewhere further to the northern region of Gawain. The area was secluded on an island, connected by a bridge. However, it did not have much in the way of tall towers, only a strong wall at the gate on the bridge's side of the island. From what he could see from a nearby hill a week ago, past the gate was a central courtyard, surrounded by a few buildings. At the farthest end was the main estate, so the other buildings must be quarters for the guards and servants. From what he saw, guards were only stationed at the gate, and the rest at the estate. How many furs there were, he couldn't offer a good number.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation
Avatar - Merci @ Duchess!!!! :D

Chat on the IRC!

User avatar
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Posts: 4534
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:37 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Ferx
Location: Maryland
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Miles could only watch the raccoon in expertly concealed bewilderment. He knew how to deal with normal customers, much like the cat he'd struck a deal with and was now going over assignment details. The vulpine that had entered earlier, as well, was understandable. A person might very well leave after being brushed off, and some pretty hot soliciting would have to be done to win back their custom. *But this...* Miles weighed the sudden windfall from the 'coon in his paw, with a thoughtful and not approving look on his face.
*To come in here like that, and to throw names around so casually...* Tansa completed the first string of thoughts herself, aloud, though not in person. "Thank you." He responded, his mind already moving to the next step in his train of thought. *Okay... so what purpose could he have? Why is he telling me this? His tone resembles several aristocrats I have known, who do not even entertain the possibility I might refuse... the casual tossing of money supports this. Might be a trap, very possible. To lure me to "secret" entrances, and straight into the arms of the constabulary. No thank you!
But there's another thing. I would actually do it for free, if no one told me about it before hand. Break-ins and takeovers are almost always assisted by a detour to the dungeons, and recruitment of the prisoners... and maybe the jailer too. After all, General Rackenhammer is my public face, but my inner person is a rather romantic sort of fool, Lord von Wexlar.*
That last train of thought was working towards a familiar groove, Lena. Aloud, he only said, "Perhaps it would be best, sir, if you did not leave so casually."
"Yes," Lena agreed. "After all, I clearly saw who you really were, whoever it is you are. Do you normally drop disguises like that?"
Lena was a magician, not a Master, but well versed enough in arcane studies to see what was a disguise and what was not. Before, it would have been rude to ask, though she had been keeping an eye on the "mouse." This open revelation, though...
"Indeed." Continued Miles. "I would not presume to teach you your profession, but your accuser was right; thanks to your rather obvious laxness, I may not be able to carry out my professional obligations in good faith." That raised the prospect of not getting paid; which caused murmurings among his troops, and glares directed towards the raccoon.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

darkkitsune
Duke
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by darkkitsune » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Both Raccoons flinched. John turned, walking towards the group and said, "I'm sorry if you are in distress about what I said, but you very much want to get what ever plan you have going, and soon because the mission that was given to Raliza, my daughter, was to tell her client when a person said he was from 'Lightfang' to notify him. We know that the client works for Batym, oh and for everything that was said to you, it won't leave this room. You see shinobi have magics that can effect sound, so in fact you would have been the only ones to hear what was said." Right at that moment the other raccoon had finished some hand seals.

At that moment, Rif came through the door saying that he was sorry for what Alice did and offered up his services as a summoner and a mercenary.

(If anything isn't what it should be, PM me please. I will edit. Thanks for allowing me to join.)
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

User avatar
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Posts: 4534
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:37 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Ferx
Location: Maryland
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:30 pm

If there was one thing that Miles could not stand, it was losing control over a situation. He would make ever more complicated and crazy plans, just to maintain enough forward momentum to be at the lead. This had its positive effects along with its drawbacks; the consequences of errors in his planning were felt by him first and foremost.
But while he craved control, he did not require obvious power. *These raccoons are aristocrats in everything but name. The casual use of magic of that caliber is not among the scholars, or even the common hedge wizard, but of the magical nobility.*
A quick glance confirmed that there were no other obvious furs besides Miles' commanded and his customers. "You are in a hurry, I see. Understandable, of course. The problem is, I have no plan as of yet; plans formed too early tend to collapse on first contact with the adversary. I do have a few ideas, though, which depend on two things. One, who is this Batym? I mean, what kind of person is he, and by extension, who would he welcome and who would he shun? Secondly... is it absolutely true that the bridge gate is the only way on or off the island?"
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

User avatar
Rainwhisker
King
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 am
Gender: Male
Species: Lynx canadensis
Location: Travancore/Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Post by Rainwhisker » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:35 am

Zack only listened to the Raccoon, nodding. He deemed what was relevant, though he was curious to these strange arts that they were referring to. However, business called him to remain focused on dealing with Miles Rackenhammer.

"Batym the II is the son of the recently deceased Duke Batym the I. The father, had, by title, a considerable amount of power, yet he had held it very tightly." He explained. "He was harsh, strict, firm, yet loyal to the throne. However, he had made many enemies during his reign - from all sides - within the country, and outside. His laws and regulations had made it difficult for others to maintain a decent foothold in affairs decided by the Duke. While that was no problem in its own, as the King approved, it sparked a lot of anger from those of lower status and those seeking trade."

He stopped to finish his drink, and set the glass down. "He died mysteriously, however, and his son took his place. People sought to control him or take over while he was weak, but he was just as keen on keeping his position as his father. He always had a strange perk of patriotism, for some odd reason - I happened the chance to speak with him during a costume party, and he detests people who aim to take national or historic treasures - either that or he simply does not like the Edwinish or has a case of greed and seeks to hoard treasures. I truly do not know, but my family deals in uncovering them, but he has made it very clear that he did not approve."

"As for the second question..." he thought. "The only way would be to swim around the island - it's a bit of a rocky cliffside, but a climber can reach what looks like a viewing area or balcony behind the estate."
---------

Meanwhile, in the estate...

Two guards simply walked idly by along empty cages - one wolverine, and another a fox. They made small chatter as they passed the barred rooms, but apparently, not all of the rooms were empty - there were a few prisoners, tossed in very recently...
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation
Avatar - Merci @ Duchess!!!! :D

Chat on the IRC!

darkkitsune
Duke
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by darkkitsune » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Raliza woke up having a headache and when she tried to rub her head, she found that she was in shackles which were chained to the wall. Wha..what happened to me. I must have gotten caught somehow...what now I remember my client double crossed me. Well, lets see if can get out of here. She moves her hands and arms to see how much room she has to work with. Well, there isn't much space to work with. let's see how through of a search they did when they brought me here... From her mouth, she dislodges a thin metal wire and inserts it into the key hole of one of the shackles. With her mouth she works the wire until she unlocks the shackle making sure that metal doesn't hit the wall. She unlocks the other shackle and goes to the door of the cell. When the guards pass the cell she feints being still unconscious and chained up. As soon as the steps of the guards are gone, she goes to the door to see if she can unlock it too.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Guynio
Outlaw
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Guynio » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Meanwhile, a grey wolf in the cell next to Raliza's was shaking around like a maniac, "I'M TELLING YOU, I DID NOTHING WRONG!" he shouts as the guards pass, but they seem to take no heed of him. He leans his head down and softly speaks, "I did nothing wrong...", but then he hears something in the cell next to him, and when he looks, he sees Raliza moving around. When he's sure the guards can't hear him, he asks, "Hey, how'd you get out of there?"
We do what we must, because we can ~Glados

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4379&start=0]Click here for Devo's character sheet![/url]

[url=http://guynio.mypersonality.info][img]http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/194595.png[/img][/url]

darkkitsune
Duke
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by darkkitsune » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Raliza smiles to herself, "I have the right tools for the job. What did you do to get there...Yes, I know you didn't do anything wrong be you must of to get put down here. Now...Who are you? What is your job? Oh...My name is Raliza the thief." She said still working at the lock on the door.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

User avatar
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Posts: 4534
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:37 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Ferx
Location: Maryland
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 pm

"Hmm... I see." Miles leaned back in his char for a few seconds, staring abstractedly in thought, and then dismounted from his chair and began to pace. He was what later centuries would call a kinesthetic learner, and was most certainly hyperactive, though he'd gained some measure of self control. Still, for him, calmness in the mind was usually preceded by activity in the body, deformed though it was.
"An interesting job you've brought me. Batym has reduced the entrances to his estate and manor effectively to one, though we have a few options as for exists." Miles, being an aristocrat himself, had some familiarity with estates; they took advantage of every feature of the location. To think that an island estate in the North of Gawain where the great fisheries were would not have boats was simply absurd, or it would be absurd if Batym was Gawainian and local. Foreigners might not be so knowledgeable. "The fact remains, we'd look rather conspicuous, passing under the eyes of the guards at the bridge, and then trying to enter the manor by secret passage. And anyway," here the ferret addressed his remarks to the raccoon. "If sneaking in were a viable option, you probably wouldn't need my help. No, the only door open to us is the front door."
Miles realized he was trusting his life, pretty much, to the word of the raccoon that magic was protecting him from eavesdroppers. Lena would have signaled him if it were not so, but he was conscious of not having waited for her to check. But he was good at reading people, and the raccoon did not have the look of a liar about him. Miles continued, "He is a patriot, or greedy hoarder, and either way will welcome knowledge of ancient artifacts." Both in body and in mind, Miles had a precipitous forward momentum now. "As it so happens, I have one such with me, which will serve as an entrance ticket." That was a medallion, which looked to have come from Lourdes; it came into his possession under rather... unusual circumstances in his very first job. "I shall probably have to affect nobility to enter; I have done so before successfully." And so he had, though the experience of being a disguised noble disguised as a noble was surreal in the extreme. "My troops, and you also I suppose, can come as my retinue. We get in, seize the duke, free his prisoners, and run like hell, secretly if possible. That's as much as I can plan ahead without actually being on the spot. Right, get some rest, we mobilize tomorrow!"

Rulf watched the proceeding with eyes wide open, and had difficulty restraining his jaw from imitating them. "You think I'd get used to the little bugger." He sighed and shook his head. "Well then, once more into the breach."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Guynio
Outlaw
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Guynio » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 am

The wolf shook his head, "Carrying a sword in civilian areas apparently is forbidden in this guy's area. Kinda hard to get by as a mercenary with all these laws. Heh, if it keeps up like this, I might just need the cover of night for once. Don't have to ask for your story though, if you introduce yourself as a thief you're very liable to be put in here. But the services of a thief would be very helpful in the situation I'm in...", he lifts up and rattles the bracers around his arm, "These things're kind of tight y'know."
We do what we must, because we can ~Glados

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4379&start=0]Click here for Devo's character sheet![/url]

[url=http://guynio.mypersonality.info][img]http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/194595.png[/img][/url]

User avatar
Rainwhisker
King
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 am
Gender: Male
Species: Lynx canadensis
Location: Travancore/Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Post by Rainwhisker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Zack looked at the medallion. "Interesting." he said, studying it. "A plausible plan." he looked at the ferret. "He's never seen my face, but I'd rather not take risks. If I'm not needed at the locale, I can wait outside the estate. When are you ready to depart?" He maintained his calm, but he could not wait much longer - he had been searching for so long. But he can't let impatience cause him to make rash actions. So far, everything had been going fine. No one else knew. Or did they? There was someone who had been looking for him under Batym's employ - related to the raccoon in some way. It would be best to exercise caution at this point.

--
Elsewhere, at the estate...

"The prisoner's currently in the dungeon?" the fox asked.

"Yes, my lord." came the reply.

"I'll see her in the morning. She's done well to tell me that much. Tell the guards to expect guests." a grin formed on his lips. "He's finally made a move."
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation
Avatar - Merci @ Duchess!!!! :D

Chat on the IRC!

User avatar
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Posts: 4534
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:37 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Ferx
Location: Maryland
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Now that the initial idea had come forth, Miles could mentally step back and criticize it, and everyone's place in it. "Hm, you might be just as much a liability just outside the estate as inside it, given that the guards patrol regularly. With us, at least, you'd have a semi-plausible reason to be where you are doing what you're doing. In addition, if we're questioning Batym for your family's whereabouts, you're the best person to ask." The ferret hadn't stopped pacing at this point, merely slowed down. He didn't speak as fast anymore as well, now in the realms of contemplation rather than inspiration.
"Lena's rather good at magical illusions; she can help disguise your looks however you please. I think all of us who go might want to make some use of that. We probably shouldn't apply them yet, though, just in case any spies were in here before our friend here worked his magic. As for how soon we leave... I travel light, and I doubt a full muster is necessary. Myself, you, and you as well I suppose," Miles pointed at the raccoon. "Thari and Lena, of course, with Rulf and Shadow. Pierre and the rest will hold down the fort, and subcontract if necessary. I can get everyone ready by dawn tomorrow. Until then," Miles saluted, and departed upstairs.

***
In the predawn chill, just a little before most furs got up, Miles was ready, in the hyperactive state that marked great anticipation in him. He would probably pay for this early-morning eagerness later in the day, but for now all he could think of was the job ahead. He awaited his troops and customers outside the tavern, a general awaiting muster.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

User avatar
Rainwhisker
King
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 am
Gender: Male
Species: Lynx canadensis
Location: Travancore/Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Post by Rainwhisker » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Zack exited his room just a few minutes after Miles had awoken. He drank a gulpful of water from his water flask and left the building, dipping his head courteously as he saw the General. "I'll take this moment to say an early thank you for considering my offer." the cat said, placing his paws into his cerulean robe. He didn't show signs of tension, but his heart raced - after so long, he would finally come face to face with the Duke - assuming they reach there - and he could finally discover the fate of his family. He shifted sideways now and then, as if he kept a close eye on the road. "How did you come to lead such a large band?" he finally asked to break the moment's silence. He was curious enough - most mercenaries stayed in smaller groups or formed a large organization full of swords-for-hire, but from the feeling he got last night, it seemed that all of them were more of a large crew with closer bonds than most mercenaries looking for coin.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation
Avatar - Merci @ Duchess!!!! :D

Chat on the IRC!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests