Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

No Job too big, too small, or too Unusual (Miles and Co.)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:10 pm

In the dungeon, Raliza had gotten her cell door unlocked and was going to start on the door next to her's when she felt like she was being watched...but then the feeling faded. She shrugged her shoulders, and got to work on the door. Always watching for whoever set her off...and the guards.

In front of the tavern, Rami came out disguised as a red fox with a blade at his side, one on his back, along with traveling gear. He handed Miles a paper that read, 'Remi will represent me, John Coon.'

"I'm ready, sir," he said saluting Miles.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Miles pulled up his cloak to ward off the early morning chill, and chuckled slightly at Zack's gratitude. "You'll want to save your thanks until after we do the job. Might invite bad luck otherwise." Miles was only half-joking, the ferret was, in fact, rather superstitious. He could hardly help being so, having grown up in a land where second-hand magic had so soaked into the ground that the climate, flora, and fauna no longer matched the rest of Gawain. He could remember vividly at age 12, how angry the gardener had been when the fruit trees started to grow tulips. And even stranger happenstances were rumored to happen in the wild woods and mountains...
Miles jerked back from his reverie with Zack's next question. "Well, that's a long story. To say it briefly, my father retired from a similar business some time ago, and lent me some of his trusted officers to form the core of my group. The rest came from the ranks of my defeated enemies. They stay... well, I think they stay because none of them were completely corrupted when I met them, bandits though they were. They wanted to be something better, and I offered them an opportunity." He was silent for a few seconds before he added. "It's strange, bearing the ideals and hopes of a group on your back. To tell you the truth, the thought of my troops losing them frightens me more than the prospect of their death."

Miles raised an eyebrow at this new red fox that emerged, bearing a brotherly resemblance to Pierre. Reading the note, the ferret gave a curt nod to him and returned the salute. "Good. The rest should be out shortly."
They were, too. There was no uniform, only field clothes and chain-mail. No marching orders, other than Thari's "Fall in, let's go." And with that, they were off.
The plan was to move towards Batym's place by a slightly longer route, select a secluded place in the woods to disguise the rest of the group, and then march right through the "Duke's" front door.
"So, about how long do you estimate it will take us to arrive?" Miles asked their customer.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Rainwhisker
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker » Mon May 03, 2010 3:04 am

"Fear not," Zack grinned. "My thanks in full will be gold." he nodded, before they set off. He was quite intrigued by Miles' explanation of his troop's history, finding it quite amusing as to how a band of thieves were suddenly overturned by a young initiate to the world of leading mercenaries. Of course, the ferret's father's officers would probably have guided him. That was the most likely case, regardless. The calico was definitely interested in whatever future that this general could have. But of course, business came first.

---
"His estate is by the sea, near northern Saxony." he started. "We should reach there just before sundown at this speed," he calculated, noting how fast they were actually moving. "If we're right, this route should get us through without any detection from anyone." he added, though he was still awfully concerned about the validity from the other patron's word.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Guynio
Outlaw

Post by Guynio » Tue May 04, 2010 4:56 am

Devo was getting rather unedged, guards could come around the corner any moment and kill his only way of escape. He was nervously checking the parts of the hallways he could see to make sure no one was coming, before saying, "Hurry up! Guards could be here any moment!", he didn't meant to make her nervous as well, just to make sure she was hurrying up...
We do what we must, because we can ~Glados

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4379&start=0]Click here for Devo's character sheet![/url]

[url=http://guynio.mypersonality.info][img]http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/194595.png[/img][/url]

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue May 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Miles chuckled, "Well, we'll find out the validity of that assumption soon enough. Hm, I'll start looking for a good place to get on out disguises." It was not long before the band came upon such a place, a peaceful, secluded glade in the woods that covered nearly all of Northern Gawain. They were mystical places in the day, and somewhat nightmarish at night if you were not used to them. In any case, it was no coincidence that in Gawain could be found the finest fairy tales.

"All right, then. Lena, you know what to do. Upgrade us to a more regular-looking bunch. Pay close attention to Zack's disguise, that one is most important." The revelation of the lynx's true identity was the one thing in the plan whose failure Miles did not think he could talk his way out of. Most of the "troops" he'd brought with him were from his own household, and he was going as his own self, so no problem there. Pierre was commoner with pretensions, but was charming enough, and could be glossed over as an eccentric Domusian. Tansa-
Was now right in front of Miles, out of sight of the rest, tacitly waiting for orders. "I think I can safely leave you to your own devices; you always seem to do best when given a free hand. And anyway, I hardly need teach you stealth, eh? Come along, sergeant."
Rulf came up to the leopard soon after. "Take care of yourself, alright? I really would like to talk more about... what you said yesterday, after we finish the job, alright?" The gray fox whispered in her ear, before retreating almost shyly, with an unsettled but not unhappy mind, and flushed ears, to get his disguise from Lena.
Miles had not magical disguise. He had no disguise; Thari had brought a few sets of Miles' nobility clothes with him. The ferret was arriving as who he really was, Lord Miles von Wexlar. Of course, he would be playing more to his reputation than his true character upon arrival...

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 am

The black and white tom nodded, finding the nice, peaceful glade much to his liking. He watched as Miles was brought an array of nobles clothing. Strangely enough, it seemed that the ferret was born to wear such clothes - it fit his...strange aura quite nicely. The cat just enjoyed the tranquility for the moment before they'd have to dive into meeting the elusive Batym at last. His tail flicked nervously but he forced himself to calm down. His heart raced as he wondered what lies in wait - did Batym truly have a single shred of connection? What if this was all in vain? He quietly pondered on, waiting for his apparel to be ready.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

darkkitsune
Duke

Re: No Job too big, too small, or too Unusual (Miles and Co.

Post by darkkitsune » Mon May 17, 2010 8:34 pm

The raccoon had almost gotten the lock picked when a sound came from down the hall, Shoot and I was about done too. she hurried and unlocked the door quickly and unlocks the fur trapped in the cell. "Well, we better hurry...sounds like someone's coming." Raliza says looking down the hallway.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Guynio
Outlaw

Post by Guynio » Tue May 18, 2010 10:39 am

Devo quickly got up and walked out, though he made sure his pawsteps couldn't be heard, trying to hear where the sound came from as he motioned Raliza over, "C'mon, he's coming from the left and he's almost here, too. Maybe we can surprise him and take his stuff if we hide..." he whispered loudly enough so the raccoon could hear him, but the guard that was coming wouldn't. His ears perked and he checked to make sure he only heard one pair of footsteps, sneaking on and slipping around the corner.
We do what we must, because we can ~Glados

[url=http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4379&start=0]Click here for Devo's character sheet![/url]

[url=http://guynio.mypersonality.info][img]http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/194595.png[/img][/url]

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue May 18, 2010 11:04 am

The nice thing about magical disguises is that they required no storage space. Not only could bodily appearance be covered by illusion, but clothes could as well. In addition, Lena was skilled enough to be able to disguise voice and scent as well. Body language, however, always shone through, no matter how skilled the magician. The she-wolf looked him up and down critically. "Hm, you'd probably best come as a University scholar, from my own, in fact. That will raise less questions, and I'll be able to back you up if any are asked. As for species... skunk, probably. Mustelids will be questioned least, and the similar coloration may buy a second extra of confusion to cover lapses. Alright?"
Without wiating for an answer, she cast the spell. Now, to all appearances, Zack was a skunk, of similar build to his old self, dressed in the knee-length vest that marked a student of the Universities of Western Gawain, and Lena's alma mater in particular. His voice had been taken down half a ptich in octave, and his native accent replaced with one of Gawain.
Miles walked up, after having completed his inspecition of the rest. Like himself, they were dressed in Miles' House colors of brown, silver, and black, only with cloth of lower quality. It took good design to make such earthy colors look splendid, but Miles' unique body shape demanded the best tailors. He nodded approval.
"Good work, Lena. Alright then, Zack, what are we to call you now? You're the only one here whose name need be hidden."

(After you settle your nom de guerre, Dark, you can take us to the estate.)

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami » Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 pm

((OOC: I'll work on making a few posts for Tansa, but do remember that I trust you with her use. I've been a little ill the past few days so I'm not likely to think of everything I should.))

Tansa remained in the shadows, darkening them further with her own subtle power, and changed into court finery. A deep navy blue and scarlet affair with silver lining. Much of it was silk of high quality, and other durable fabrics so as not to be too revealingly thin... Minutes later, she released the shadows from her darkness and approached Miles. In an upper-class accent she spoke briefly, "Well Miles, are we ready to play our parts?" Having asked, she did a small turn to get a little attention. Her hair was done-up in the newest style popular for the court parties of Gawain.

"Should I have Pierre as my assistant? One of weak constitution shouldn't go anywhere without some assistant." she said with an almost sinister grin.

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Wed May 19, 2010 6:14 am

Zack nodded, the disguised feline now looking himself over. It was certainly something he needed to get accustomed to. While he knew that such a skill existed, it was a different experience altogether to actually magically don a costume as such. Especially one that altered him in so many ways. "Ah, well --" he stopped, suddenly bringing a paw to his throat, realizing that his voice had deepened and his accent sounding a lot more native to Gawain. He cleared his throat, blinking now and then. He clearly recognized the garbs that he wore - University of Western Gawain. He chuckled, recalling of an old thought he had of joining the university at some point during his trips. Of course, that was before he enrolled into Azalus. "As for a name..." he trailed off as he spoke again. He still felt foreign due to the voice. He thought briefly and recalled a random name from a thesis he had read from a scholar who was researching into runes. A few changes here and there, and he had come up with a new Gawainian name for himself. "Rudolf Adalbert." he dipped his head.

---
Not long later, the group had found themselves before the estate just moments as the sun made its final movements down. The lake had a reflective red sheen coating its surface, and the land had a vermillion haze blanketing it and the trees. From the front, the estate indeed looked very formidable in its own right. A high wall lay before them, and in front of it was a drawbridge. Guards were stationed at the drawbridge at a small post. "Who goes there?" were the first words cried out by an otter, stationed as a guard. He froze when he saw people of noble garbs approaching, before he stuttered.

"Helmut!" a deep voice came from the post, followed by footsteps which got louder as its owner exited. A proud, well dressed weasel took steps, before his mouth gasped as he saw who would appear to be guests. "Ah!" he said, eyes widened. "Do forgive his rudeness!" he quickly apologized, moving to stand in front of them. "Helmut was but recently recruited, I humbly apologize on his behalf." he bowed, taking a look at the most extravagant looking person amongst the group - Miles. "Forgive my ineptitude, but I haven't been informed about guests arriving -- may I have a name, perhaps?" he asked the ferret.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed May 19, 2010 11:53 am

"Rudolf... that is a good name. Sergeant, make sure the word gets around, especially to our other guest." After tasking Thari with the message, Miles diverted his attention to Tansa. He was impressed, and gave courtly bow. "I should say so, milady. You look enchanting." Miles had become quite good at reading people, and caught the undertones to her smile. "Hm, you do know Pierre's a bit of a chivalrous twit," *Like you're one to talk, von Wexlar.* "He's likely to take that line seriously, unless you hit him with something. Perhaps Rulf would be a better fit?"
Miles grinned as he imagined what the the healer's reaction would be to seeing Tansa looking her best... and pretty much lost control over his face when Lena came up and saluted, resplendent in her own disguise. While the young magician was beautiful as a default state, the robes her magic had clothed her in enhanced the effect, while pretending to downplay it by leaving everything to the imagination. *Someone like that no noble house should be without.* Thari had by this time returned, and looked with narrow eyes upon his liege-lord...
Snapping himself back to reality, Miles called muster. "Right troops, on with the mission."

The first meeting with the guards went as well as Miles could have hoped it to. Apparently, the rank and file were intimidated by nobility, and the officers were sycopantic, and neither suspicious. Any noble worth his eustachion knew how to handle that.
"If you wish to avoid embarrassment in the future, I suggest you take initiative to better inform yourself of arrivals. As it seems you do not know, I am Lord Miles von Wexlar. I have come to see your lord concerning conflicts over relic excavation. We have been made to understand his interest in the matter, and have full confidence we can do business with him." Miles delivered this speech in the tone of one who usually gets his way and can deal with obstacles to that goal. It was undercurrent with almost anything he said, even as a mercenary officer, but here it was played to the hilt. Also, he had pulled off the quite difficult trick of looking down his nose at someone taller than him. This, combined with an almost contemptuous showing of his signet ring, cowed the guard officer into submission, and he followed Miles' party like a meek puppy as they crossed the bridge.
The ferret lord softened his gaze a bit when they went past the second station, and said in lower voice to the weasel. "As it happens, we were hastened in our visit by several disturbing developments, so much so we overtook our courier." He pulled out a letter he had prepared the night before as an excuse for entering, genuine enough, as it was by Miles own hand and seal. Also, the ferret had brought out a few gold coins held between his claws. "I can see you are a fur of no small influence. I should not like our visit to be an unwelcome surprise. A little smoothing of the way..."
The weasel may have been a suck-up, but he wasn't dense. Surrepticiously, he accepted the gold. "I'll tell the Duke you are coming." With that, he scampered off ahead.

The estate was insular, but had open fields enough so that the commoners there could see Miles coming. A few made hex and warding-off signs at the sight of the deformed noble. Miles hid his irritation. This had happened often enough, even at home. It was too much to expect the commoners merely to fall in awe before nobility, they were smarter than that. *Just you wait. I'll show you that I'm not less than a fur just because I look it.*

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami » Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Tansa thought about Mile's suggestion for a moment, "I would have selected Rulf, but I'm unsure if he would be the proper accomplice for the infiltration I intend. Pierre, as I remember, is quite stealthy without relying on any sorcery, and is one of your best fighters. Stealth and fighting skill are paramount to what I intend. Though I will abide by your suggestion on an attendant. Primarily someone who can be excused without looking suspicious. Possible both Rulf and Pierre if Rulf is talented enough at creating illusions. It remains to be seen how skilled the enemy magicians will be..."

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Thu May 27, 2010 7:27 am

"Guests?" Came the calculative voice, its owner's cunning eyes looking out the window, a grin forming.

Then came the timid reply. "Y-yes, I--"

"Was there a cat amongst them? Black and white?"

"N-no."

The grin slowly drooped to disappointment. So they were real guests? Curious that this visit from the son of Frederick von Wexlar came at such an opportune moment. "Fine, then." he waved his hand. "Show them in. Let the cooks and the maids know. I shall address them shortly in front of the manse."

----
Down in the dungeon, a family of cats sat and waited, but they heard sounds coming further in - somewhere where the latest prisoners were tossed in. One cat, the eldest and grizzled amongst them got up from his sitting position, weakened and tired. He looked over to the rest of his family. His mate, Anna lay on the floor, sleeping. His elder son, Raseus leaned against the wall and tried to sleep. Poor lad, Galvan thought. His son had been unable to sleep for the last few days they were here. They were fed, sure enough, but being down in this dungeon for days was stripping them of their health. He leaned against the bars and peeked left. There were sounds of a guards coming their way, and peeking right he saw a someone just making the turn. He didn't look like a guard, but rather, possibly another prisoner. The cat poked his paw through the bars and motioned to him. He quickly turned right and kept his ears open for the sound of the other guard getting closer. He tasted the air, but nearly ended up choking as he found a melangerie of noxious scents that it was difficult to even discern if the guard was getting anywhere closer in the stagnant air.

---
"Ah, Lord Miles von Wexlar!" came the noble. "What a pleasure to see you." he said, his eyes looking over each and every one of the ferret's entourage. "How fare you and your father?" he bowed his head. "All is well, I hope?"

Rudolf just flicked his tail slightly, gently keeping a straight face. The estate was large, to be certain. The disguised cat wondered what sort of connections did Batym have to actually have gotten land this large overseas.

"Please, do come in, come in!" the fox smiled, "I wish that news of your arrival would come sooner, but alas, so I've been told you were in a rush, thus I wasn't able to prepare anything to especially welcome you, but have no fear, you and your party will be treated with the finest blends of Domish and Gawainian cuisine and the utmost hospitality, I assure you." he said, leading the group inside the mansion, in an almost hastily fashion. The fox was dressed in a fine red coat and sported silken breeches and gaiters.

The inside was decorated finely like most estates belonging to Earls and Dukes - the notable difference is that it was surprisingly a very pleasing blend of both Domish and Gawainian taste. Between fine candle chandeliers and carpeted floors and paintings, it was appealing to look at, to say the least, to those of such taste.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
United States of America

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:50 pm

During the short wait in Batym's audience chamber, Miles looked over his troops one last time, replaying his final instructions to Tansa in his head.
"I'm not sure about that; Rulf's a bit of a specialist in his magic." The ferret couldn't help but agree with Tansa in that Pierre would be a better accompaniment should any sneaking around be required. "You have my permission to requisition Pierre should you need him; hell, you outrank him! So long as you're in public, however, Rulf would probably be a better accompaniment. Also, make sure that no one will miss whoever you do take. Absences are almost always as conspicuous as presences. Anyhow, when you can get away, search for the prisoners our customers were talking about. After that, try to get them off the estate without being discovered. Signal us if you can; Lena should be able to detect it. With luck, all the Duke will get is a friendly visit and an unpleasant surprise when we go."

That, at least, was the plan. Miles, however, was reminded of a favorite quote of his father, and of the Sergeant: "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."
*Well, here comes first contact now.*
The ferret lord gave the slight bow protocol demanded of guests to hosts. Batym was cordial enough, Miles had to admit, and possessed good taste in dress if not in action. "The Duke my father is very well. Wexlar remains peaceful, and our estates prosperous. I thank you for your offer of hospitality, and accept on behalf of my servants."
Miles and the rest followed the Duke into the manor. All of the ferret's entourage couldn't help but look, almost gawk, at the surroundings, each in their own way. Lena looked around in general wonder, her father in suspicion. Pierre looked for pretty girls, and Rulf for dangerous furs.