The Assassin's Dilemma

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
osprey77
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

The Assassin's Dilemma

Post by osprey77 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Meliah Klyd sat at a back corner table in the crowded tavern. Despite the dim lighting, the hood on her cloak was up, concealing her reptilian features. She liked the feeling of seeing, and not being seen. Under the cloak, she nervously fingered her amulet, bearing the symbol of Anubis.

There was a disturbance on the far side. some drunken customers were yelling something about a cat, but Meliah was only half-interested.

Suddenly, she felt a small someone dive under her cloak and clamber up her back. A small, young voice whispered in her ear, "Help me, mistress, please help me!"

Mistress? Meliah thought, I’m only seventeen! But something in that pathetic voice of the child somehow reached a place Meliah didn’t know existed- where her training had not penetrated, and she could care about a stranger.

“All right. I’ll get you out of this tavern. But you’ll have to hold tight back there, little one. I may need to move fast.” Her voice held only traces of the accent of her native Kahun.

“Thank you,” the young girl said. “I’m Cierra Shoan, by the way.”

Cierra? It had to be coincidence. This kitten couldn’t be—a cold shiver ran down Meliah’s back, and she was surprised the child couldn’t feel it. Of all the people she could ask for help, she chose me? She thought briefly about the letter in a pouch on her belt that had brought her here, but assassins have a strange code of honor. In a way, she felt as though she had accepted a job, and couldn’t break the contract of even the spoken agreement.

Standing, she walked quietly to the bar and paid her tab. The drunken louts were still searching for Cierra, and Meliah needed a distraction, fast. Imitating a gruff voice, she pointed at a random fur and bellowed: “He has her! I can see it!”

The tavern soon became a scene of chaos as the louts turned on each other. In the midst of the confusion, Meliah slipped towards the door.

Her hood slipped down, but she paid it no heed, as Cierra was still hidden. Just as she stepped outside, a paw grabbed her shoulder. She turned to see the fur who had confronted her, her claw instinctively reaching beneath her cloak for the poisoned dagger she carried.
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

Sponsor

darkkitsune
Duke

Re: The Assassin's Dilemma

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Rami had been watching in from his vantage point in the shadows. The dark furred raccoon smiled as he saw the child that the drunkards tried to get ran to a robed fur. He saw that the robed fur had gotten up and walked out with the child after some excellent distracting. "Hmm... I wander where those two are going to go..." he rushed to the window and quickly transformed into a squirrel that wore a black robe when the hood to reveal that the robed fur was a reptile. He shrugged and jumped out of the window, after he opened it. Rami walked behind the reptile drawing the hood over his head and grabbed the shoulder of the reptile, "Hi, sorry to startle you, my name is Steve, If you would please follow me... I can help in getting you to a more secure location... though you do have some good skills with the blade. I would suggest that you don't try to stab me."

(ooc: This is my ninja raccoon. he would have been trained and would assume that someone would have tried to do something when they are trying to sneak away... but PM me if you think that I have over stepped something. please? oh and Hi again. :P)
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Meliah recognized this creature as a fellow master of craft, but hesitated. All her training said to distrust strangers, but then, her training would condemn her previous actions, as well.

Cierra's tiny voice whispered, "We can trust him."

Meliah didn't take that for much. The child had trusted her, hadn't she? But you did help her, Meliah reminded herself.

"Thank you. I know little of the area. I am Meliah Klyd, a traveler from Kahun." She sighed inwardly Life has gotten a whole lot more complicated recently. "Lead on friend Steve, if that is your name."

(ooc:As a trained assassin, she would be trained to be suspicious. And hey again.)
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:16 pm

The robed fur giggled, "true, that isn't my name but we must get away from here. for those that want your 'client' will be coming soon." he lifts his hood revealing his squirrel face and then jumps to a roof, "if you want I can take you through the alleyways or you can go by rooftop. I would suggest which ever would be better for you... and your client Meliah." and let's be quick about it.

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:18 am

Meliah heaved herself easily onto the roof. She felt Cierra scramble for a better position, then poke her head out. "Whew! It's stuffy in there!"

Meliah turned he head, getting a good look at the child for the first time. Just as the description in the letter read, she was a white Persian cat, short for her age, with startling blue eyes, dressed in a non-descript manner. Why didn't they mention she was all of six or seven? She shoved the thought aside, and cocked her head.

"We'd better hurry," she advised, endeavoring to make herself clear past her accent, "I think those fools are about to spill into the streets. And," she added ruefully, "I don't know how long any roof can hold my weight."

(ooc: you know you're next to post in Search for Fey?)
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Rami looked at the reptile, "you might have a point there... but if I may... I have a justu that would help with getting across any roof swiftly... and don't worry about those fools... No body ever looks up." The squirrel giggles softly, "Anyway, about that justu... I'll just make some hand signs and then you will feel lighter.. if you agree to it that is."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Meliah cocked her head. "I'm not familiar with jutsu, but if it will help, I'm game. Um, where exactly are we going?"

She felt Meliah shifting around, snooping in the pouches at her belt."Cut that out! There are dangerous things in there!" I f she finds the letter, well, I better hope she can't read.

"But I'm bored, are we going or what?"

Meliah nodded at the strange creature. "Do what you have to, but quickly."
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:17 pm

"First, if you would... I'll take the child. that's if you don't mind... I as a ninja won't run off with her." Though Rami didn't care one way or the other, he had to make sure that the kid was safe, "If you want after I put on the justu, ok?" Rami starts the seals that would allow the reptile to float like natural. "As to where we are going... A safe place." then he whispered so that only the reptile could hear what was said, "for marks like your little 'client' here." then the squirrel talked normal again, "ok... almost ready... have you decided? I can do it with her on you too but you might want to get use to the weight of just yourself first though."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 am

Meliah hesistated. Cierra apparently had no qualms, scrambling out of the folds of Meliah's cloak, over to the ninja, where she immediately climbed onto his shoulders.

Meliah nodded. "Yes, you may go ahead and perfrom the... justu." Her tongue glided oddly around the unfamiliar word. She felt herself rising, and it took all her assassin's training not to show fear or surprise. When she felt in control of her new, lighter state, she said, "Lead on friend, I will follow."
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Remi giggled, "ok then, but you have to keep up... even with this justu on you... you would still punch through the roofs... just think of when you are trying to sneak up to your target to kill it... your mark that is." Remi bounded in front of the assassin. "heh, where we are going there will be meat and plenty of it." The squirrel said giggling.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:31 am

Meliah followed him carefully, taking his advice of pretending to stalk a victim. she remembered her father saying, "Lightly now, girl, step lightly! Yes, we are the most powerful lizards, we Komodo Dragons, but you have to be quiet. Stealth is as important as strength in this buisness."

Her jaw clenched as she thought of her father, and the mess she was in now, and it took all her control to continue the stalking movement. This continued for awhile, when Meliah had the feeling they were being followed. Everytime she turned around, however, there was no one in sight.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 am

Rami said, "oh, I feel that we are being followed too... but if it's who I think it is... then it's fine." he jumped down from the roof, "We are all most there... except raccoons... especially this one." he grabbed into the shadows, after putting the girl down, there's a soft eep as the squirrel pulled out a coon girl. "Raliza, tell your mom that they are having company tonight and shows a coin to the coon girl that he pulls out of the air. The girl turns white and nods and bounds toward a fancy looking inn, "Well there is the inn, Harvest Rings." he picked up the girl again and heads for the inn.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Meliah gave a sideways glance to her apparent rescuer. "Friends of yours?" She shrugged. "Matters little, I suppose. They'll be strangers to me."

As they entered the half-light of the inn, she had to wait for her eyes to adjust. When she did, she was surprised at what she saw.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:58 pm

"you could say that... " Rami said with a sigh, "though the inside shouldn't be that bad...." Rami looked around, "hmmm but looks can be deceiving..." the inside looked just like any other inn or tavern, and Rami nodded, "Well, here we are... anyway, your rooms are ready. No one will bother you or your client in here." He nodded at the mouse in front of the counter. "I have to change..." and he put down the child and goes upstairs. The same raccoon girl comes next to them, "heh, he's dreamy... on that note, your room is on the second floor last door the right. Have a nice day." and gave the reptile a key to the room before moving away.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Meliah shrugged, and led Cierra into the room. She had expected a secret opperation of sorts, not a normal inn. And of course, normal here in Gawain was diffeent from normal in Kahun, where she was raised. Cierra however, seemed happy enough.

Meliah decided it was time for some answers. "Why were those furs after you?" Does it have anything to do with why I was sent after you?

Cierra shrugged nonchalantly. "A lot of people in Gawain don't like cats, and they were drunk."

"What were you doing in the tavern?"

"I was waiting."

"For whom?"

Cierra giggled. "You talk funny." At Meliah's glare, her laughter subsided. Tiny paws on her hips, she spoke as if the answer was obvious. "Why for you of course!"

Meliah was taken aback, as the little child continued. "Well, I didn't know it would be specifically you, but well, people have been chasing me and my family for a long time, and I was waiting to see who I would have to face next."

"Then why did you ask me for help?"

"Simple." The little girl looked into her eyes. "You're not bad. I'm Fey, and I can sense auras. I knew you were nice, and would help me."

Meliah groaned and sat on the bed. Oh father, whatever happened to simple jobs?

There was a knock on the door. "Who's there?" Meliah called wearily.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters: