The Assassin's Dilemma

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
osprey77
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Re: The Assassin's Dilemma

Post by osprey77 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:12 am

"But-- But--" Cierra's blue eyes widened in disbelief, and she clung to Meliah's arm.

Meliah cut her off. "If you even think of following us, I will personally tie you to a bedpost until I get back. The answer is no."

"But you'll need a Fey to help you! I'm a Fey Master, remember?"

"No, Cierra. Don't you want to be able to be a child? Why do you want to grow up so fast."

Cierra truned to her, dead serious, speaking in a manner that belied her years. "Meliah, I already grew up when they killed my parents. I can't go back..."

Meliah remembered feeling that way, the moment she knew her innocence was gone forever. "Cierra, your time will come, but not now."

Reluctantly, the child went with Alice. Meliah doubted she would give in this easily, the assassin definetly suspected something. She looked at the furs who had offered to come with her. "Well, since it seems that I won't be able to leave without you, how about starting?"
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

Sponsor

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Raliza giggled, "ok. Where do you want us?"

Rif nodded, "This is your rescue. I am a mercenary and can take care of furs well."

Rami nodded, "Well, like they said. It's up to you Meliah and don't worry about the girl, Alice can take care of her for you."

Alice whispered to Cierra, "Don't worry, We will go too.. just not at the moment... wait from them to leave... then we can follow through the earth." Alice smiled. Alice looked like a child, hardly older then ten at least, but her eyes show that she was older then what she appears do be.
Last edited by darkkitsune on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:05 am

(ooc: Cierra is seven. I reccomend reading the character descriptions at the entrance hall, at least for Cierra.)

"We have two options." Meliah explained. "Since the Black Fangs are in the Dresden mountains, near the border of Wessex, and we are here, almost at the intersection of Hesse, Saxxon, and Nassau, we can either circle though Hesse, enter the eastern part of the mountains, and cross to the west. or, we could go west throug Saxxon, and enter the mountains just south of their camp and travel north. If we go that way, we'll probably get there quicker, but run a higher risk of being seen. If we go te ther way, it will take longer, but we haver a greater cjance of surprising them. What do you say, my friends?"
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm

"What if we split into groups and do a pincer... but wait, I guess, we would have to know the area... good thing that my friend had maps of the area with that." Rami smiled and produced some maps, "heh, I don't know if you can read maps or not Meliah but if you can't, We could have have Rif and Jerard with you go the long way around, while I go the short way. Me being a ninja and all, I have ways to hide in plain sight. Thought the choice is yours." Rami stood up and walked toward the bar, "now I'm going to get something to eat. Do any of you kitsunes want anything? How about you, Meliah?" Then he used wind whispers so that only Cierra and Alice and hear, "if you want to try to sneak out you might want to get Jerard to put an illusion spell on you two." he smiled as he ordered food.

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:44 am

"The pincher movement sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind going through the mountains, being from Kahun, I am no stranger to rough territory." Then she nodded to Rami and the others. "Eat if you must, I am not hungry. I say we meet oustide after we're packed." So saying, Meliah stood and walked out the door.

Cierra looked at Alice with her intense blue eyes. "If we're going through the earth, will we need an illusion spell?" Then she glanced at the floor, brow furrowed in concentration. "I wonder if I could learn how to do one. Fey can do just about anything," she scarcely more than mutterd. Absentmindedly, she formed a ball of blue irridescent energy-- blue Fey-- and started fiddling with it. Then she tossed it into the air, where it burst like a firecracker into a thousand blue fireflies, minuss the explosion sound. She whispered to Alice, "The others have to think we're talking about Fey. I think that little spell should do the trick. It's really great for parties and things."
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Alice giggled and nodded, "I don't think that Rami knows that we are going through the ground. Heh, that raccoon hasn't seen half the stuff that I can do." She looked around, "I can make myself look as old or as young as I want." she smiled, "so we don't have to worry about disguising me... you, on the other hand, might still need a guise. Isn't there a way for the fey to put on a magical cover? I doubt that any of this group has seen much magic done by the fey."

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Cierra considered. "I think I can, but I don't know how long it will last. I can always re-do a spell, so that shouldn't be a problem. Let's see... I shouldn't be a cat, that's too dangerous here...Lizards like Meliah tend to stand out... I can try a fennec fox. That way, if anyone bothers to notice, it'll seem like we're sisters, or mother-daughter." She stopped talking, and a blue aura, smilar to the ball of energy, surrounded her, until you couldn't see the fur beneath. when it faded, she was a fennec fox that looked remarkably like Alice, but still with startling blue eyes. "There. And I think it will last a while. When it starts to fade, I'll just re-cast."

Arval was sitting outsideafter his shift. He thought back to Shianah and Cervante talking in the cell, the part he hadn't been able to make out. The black panther was slightly curios as to what they had been talking about. They obviously knew each other well... Suddenly, he remebered Shianah's words to him when he was a new recruit: I have a daughter somewhere...She's about your age... Were they mates?! It was certaintly a logical conclusion.

Arval also remmbered a recent briefing, from a few moments before, where he found out why they were keeping Cervante a hostage. The daughter, she'll be coming here eventually to collect her father after she's done the deed. Does Shianah know? The dove had been alomost like a mother to him. He wondered if he could get her, and himself, apparently the only two disenters, out of the Black Fangs clutches when the young assassin arrived. It may be our only chance, and it certantly is theirs. He knew what happened to assassins that had served their use.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Rami nodded, still using wind whispers, "heh, that will work better then having Jerard do something for you..." Rami went back to the group, "So, When are we going? I would say soon. because we don't know when they should expect you Meliah."

Rif nodded, "aye, though I think tomorrow would be the best time to leave... weather provided."

Jerard giggled, "heh, I just wonder what those two are up to." he pointed to Alice and Cierra, "That's disguise could fool everyone."

Alice stares at them, "Oh don't worry about us... I just wanted to see if she could look like me... and look she can." she smiled. Rif looks at Alice but doesn't say anything.

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:45 am

Meliah chafed at any delay, but recognized the need of this particular pause, the day was well spent. Ahe slepr soundly and woke early. She ate a quick travelers breakfast, retrieved her packs of supplies, donned her cloak against the early-morning chill, and met the others outside. The inute they set out, she felt some of her tension slip away in the relief of actually doing something.

THey hadn't traveled far when it was time to split off. They halted.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Rami grinned, "Well this is where we split off. I'll go the short way and find a spot to attack from and the rest go the long way. right? Do you need a rest meliah? Rif? Jerard? No? then let's get to it."

Alice had woken up early to get changed into her more 'adult' form. hmm... let's go with ten more years added onto my appearance... She concentrated on making herself become older then her current state that she was in. After a minute or two, she opened her eyes and looked at herself and nodded. heh, this will fool everyone... except Rif...

Feila IRC Chat

My Characters

osprey77
Marquis

Post by osprey77 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Meliah and her companions traveled at a fair clip northwards, stopping briefly at midday. They brought out food from there packs and ate in relative silence. Meliah hadn't expected to feel so uneasy about leaving Cierra behind. In the short week, a bond had formed between them. She felt protective of the child, like a mother or older sibling, but did her best to shake off the feelings. An assassin cannot afford affection. Look what you got into because of your father.

Cieera looked at the older form of her companion. "How did you do that? I mean, what type of magic did you use? Do you think I could do that? How are we going 'through the earth??" As energetic as ever, Cierra was always curious.
C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

C. S. Lewis

All my Characters: