Welcome to the World of Feila!

Image

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
AmeVulpes
Duke
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Species: undecided
Location: East ohio
Contact:

Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by AmeVulpes » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Tellus was walking through the street of one of the smaller towns of Gawain. He was unarmed but dressed like a noble.Seemed to be a perfect target for a thief.'Where could that house be?'he thought.

The 6'5" ferret has a strange way of walking. His strides seemed to short for the distance he traveled. Noticeable,too.
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

Sponsor
 

IceWulf7
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Varied
Location: Whereever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by IceWulf7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:33 pm

(Hope you don't mind me joining in)
Allison, the plump hunter raccoon, was out in the back of her house tending a fire pit. She was roasting wild boar for dinner; there would be plenty to go around between her and her husband, as well as being able to salt any leftovers for future meals. In her peripheral vision, she would catch a tall, well-dressed ferret and could not help but take glance.

"Honey", she would say to her husband Percy as she motioned toward Tellus, "By any chance, do you happen to know what noblefur that is over there?"

"I've not any idea", he would say. "Why don't you strike up conversation? Hopefully he'll not mind. Maybe we can offer him dinner as well?"

"Very well", replied Allison. "I'll be right back, love". With that, she would give her husband a brief peck on the forehead before advancing toward Tellus. "Good day, my fine sir. What brings you to this quiet town?"
Wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Species: undecided
Location: East ohio
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by AmeVulpes » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:01 pm

The ferret looked over,and being who he was,he disappeared and jumped out of the ground three feet in front of her. "i'm looking for something,but if i only knew what."

"My name is tellus,Spirit of the ground. what's your name?" he held a paw out.
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

IceWulf7
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Varied
Location: Whereever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by IceWulf7 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Upon seeing Tellus vanish, Allison could not help but blink in confusion. As he reappeared, she flinched out of sheer surprise; normally, furries did not disappear into thin air only to come up from the ground in front of others. Getting over her surprise, she took a deep breath. "Tellus, right?" she said. "My... I'm willing to believe you are a spirit, indeed. But, surely you must be careful not to scare others like that in the future".

Nevertheless, the raccoon took up his paw and shook it. "My name is Allison. Allison Brooks. Pleased to meet you. You said that you cannot recall what you're searching for, correct...?" There was a very strange air to this mysterious ferret, indeed, but Allison was willing to help nevertheless.
Wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Species: undecided
Location: East ohio
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by AmeVulpes » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Tellus bows his head in apology "i'm sorry,i just find my way a much easier one to get around,unless of course i'm looking for something."he smiled "i know what it is,it's my sister,Nimeth,but i don't know where to find her. we haven't seen eachother in about a thousand years.but,the reunion can wait. you called me over for something aside from to ask why i was here,no?"
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

Jarr
Cub
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 8:53 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Possibly Human

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by Jarr » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Green stumbled out of the tavern, shaking his fist back at the people inside.

"I told you, I'll bloody well pay my tab when I'm ready! Why won't you grant me one measly extension?"

The weasel's pleas had no effect on the now closed and bolted door, so he picked his hat off the ground and began walking down the street, muttering to himself. "I spend my whole life defending this kingdom (and occasionally attacking it, but that's besides the point), and this is the thanks I get? Next time this place gets attacked, see if I'm going to step up to defend it..."

Actually, he probably would. There's a certain type of personality that doesn't take well to missing a fight, and Green was a prime example. But that's besides the point.

As he wandered aimlessly through the town, the old weasel saw a tall, richly dressed ferret. This was worthy of a second glance in a town where wealth was measured by how many cows you owned. But what made Green do a double take was when the ferret disappeared into the ground and then reappeared like a geyser. I need to stop drinking out of the tavern mop bucket, he thought.

The weasel noticed that Mystery Ferret was being approached by a raccoon. Pulling his hat over his eyes, Green slipped into a convenient corner to listen in on their conversation. This was going to be interesting.
My Characters

One day, I will have something more interesting to add here...

IceWulf7
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Varied
Location: Whereever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by IceWulf7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:52 pm

"Uhm", said Allison. "Nothing too serious, I suppose. I was merely wondering what such a fine-dressed individual like yourself was doing in a town like this". She would think for a moment, hand on her chin, when the delicious scent of roasted boar filled her nostrils on a downwind. "Ah, yes. If you'd like, my husband and I are to have dinner soon, and there would be plenty to go around if you would like to join us. It is roast boar -- a little more gamey than normal, farm-grade pigs, but other than that it's just like pork".
Wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Species: undecided
Location: East ohio
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by AmeVulpes » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Tellus bows."I'd be honored." He stands back up,his eyes practically sparkling with energy. He sees an odd movement of stormclouds on the horizon. "Oh,Reerix..."
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

IceWulf7
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Varied
Location: Whereever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by IceWulf7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Noticing Tellus' eyes wander, Allison would look forth at the same direction he was looking toward. "My... I hadn't expected such weather today. It was rather nice out up until now..." It was a moment later that Allison realized that Tellus had spoken a name of some sort. 'Reerix'. Who was Reerix? Allison couldn't help but wonder. She could probably deduct that it was another spirit, but for now, she would have to find out.

"Tellus... by any chance, is this 'Reerix' another spirit?" she asked.
Wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Species: undecided
Location: East ohio
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by AmeVulpes » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 pm

"Oh,yes,it is a spirit. he's often mistaken for a shinigami,and practically is one,but he is in fact a shadow spirit." he turns back to Allison. "i wouldn't mind it,he tends to do that just to make it darker,as he hates sunlight."
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

IceWulf7
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Varied
Location: Whereever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by IceWulf7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Allison nodded to this. "I see", she would say. "Well, regardless, I am quite honored to have met a spirit of nature in my lifetime, so... thank you for wanting to have dinner with my husband and I". Motioning back to her home, she would then say, "I do think the boar is almost done. I'll be sure to introduce you to Percy. I'm sure he'd be delighted as I to meet you". With that, the chubby raccoon would begin to pad back to her abode.
Wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Species: undecided
Location: East ohio
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by AmeVulpes » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:51 am

Tellus followed her contently,but caught a glimpse of the person watching. "hmm? probably nothing to worry about." he said quietly to himself.He continues walking happily. 'what nice people..' he thought.
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

IceWulf7
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Varied
Location: Whereever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by IceWulf7 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Completely oblivious to the person watching as well as to Tellus' glance toward him, Allie would arrive back in front of the fire, sitting down on the log that she had used for a seat. "Percy", she would say to her husband, "This is Tellus. Believe it or not, but he is a spirit of the ground".

Percy chuckled a bit. "Ah, yes. I did manage to see that movement of his through the ground. Quite interesting". He was a rather fair looking raccoon with a decent build, wearing a pale orange tunic as well as brown slacks and a pair of black shoes. His hair was well-kept and short, his fur a greyish color. "Well, good sir Tellus. Our meal is just about finished. Shall I cut you a slice?" He motioned to a small set of cutlery near him.

Snapping her fingers, Allison added, "Oh! Yes, I should probably get you something to eat on. I'll be just a moment -- let me get you a plate, Tellus". With that, she would head into the house to grab a plate.
Wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Species: undecided
Location: East ohio
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by AmeVulpes » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:14 am

[OOC:i'm sorry about the late replies,my 2-person RPs are getting buried.]

Tellus bowed politely "yes,please." He sat down on a mid-sized rock that seemingly appeared from nowhere. "It's been ages since i've eaten last,so thank you for allowing me to join you."
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

IceWulf7
Thief
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Varied
Location: Whereever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Just a ferret?[Open][Medieval]

Post by IceWulf7 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:43 am

(Not a problem, it's perfectly fine)

"Not a problem at all", replied Percy. "I am more than glad to share a meal". Getting up, he would carefully draw a carving knife and a fork and begin to slice Tellus a cut of boar. "So... if you'd not mind. Please, tell me about yourself. I'm sad to say I don't know much more about spirits than what I have read in books, and even then I'm sure they are not completely accurate".
Wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest