The Silver Spoon Pub (Open)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
IceWulf7
Thief
Species: Varied

The Silver Spoon Pub (Open)

Post by IceWulf7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:55 pm

As noon turned to dusk in a small town in Gawain, many people went to the local bar to unwind after a hard day's work. For some of the people in that town, their work was just getting started -- the bartenders, cooks, waiters, waitresses, and hired entertainment for the pub would all have to put in their best efforts to please the pub's patrons. For most who came into the pub, known as The Silver Spoon, it was just another night.

By the time a certain young lady of a coyote arrived at The Silver Spoon, the pub was already filled with patrons. The white noise of the pub was almost deafening, threatening to swallow up any words spoken too soft. Padding into the pub in her typical attire -- a blue hooded cloak and a purple dress -- the coyote known as Vivian would find herself a seat at the bar.

"Aye, welcome to The Silver Spoon", greeted the barkeep. "Anything I can get for you, lass?"

"Indeed", said Vivian. "Just a glass of decent red wine will be more than adequate". With that, the barkeep nodded to her, strolling off to the wine rack in the back to select a vintage. Vivian looked as though she had various thoughts on her mind; such expressions wracked her normally serene-looking countenance to one more of worry. She awaited a friend to arrive that night, but wasn't sure how long she could last by her lonesome.
Wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: The Silver Spoon Pub (Open)

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 am

A short, lean, female red fox sauntered into the pub, she was dressed in well tailored pants and tunic that looked like they were mostly for traveling. Her braided black hair fell to the middle of her back, and three silver hoop earrings adorned each of her ears. Her right ear was missing a large notch near the tip. She moved with the grace of a trained fighter as she made her way from the entrance to the bar. She found an empty bar stool, and seated herself. "I'd like a cider please" she called to the bar tender before turning to watch the bar's entertainers. She smiled, and leaned against the bar, an air if easy confidence about her. She listened to the din of conversation all around, sometimes picking out bits and pieces of whatever rumors were being traded, but not concentrating too hard on any one thing as she relaxed after a good day's trading.

it was a few minutes before she looked at the coyote she had sat next to, and noticed she seemed to be waiting for someone. "hello, waiting for someone? I didn't take someone's seat did I?" she asked

IceWulf7
Thief

Post by IceWulf7 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Sitting at the bar with the vixen arriving next to her, casually sipping her glass of wine Vivian didn't do much of interest -- she seemed to be staring off into space, once more caught up in thought. As the fox spoke up, Vivian shook her head briefly. "Oh. Oh! Did not really notice you there, to be honest", she would say. "I'll admit, I am indeed waiting for someone, but I'm sure she'll not mind. Don't worry about taking her seat".

Taking another sip, she would smile back. "So... what's your name? I'm not sure if I've seen you here before". The coyote could definitely sense a pleasant air to her acquaintance, which was part of what influenced her smile. She had an uncanny ability to sense others' emotions; it was most likely due to a passive form of her telepathy, but nevertheless she was happy to have company while awaiting her friend.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:17 am

Natsuki returned the coyote's smile "well thank you" she replied "My name is Natsuki and it's likely you haven't seen me before. I've only been in this town a couple of days, doing some trading. I deal in exotic goods" she continued in companionable tones. "and judging by your statement, I'm guessing you live in this town" She ventured before taking a drink from the mug of cider the barkeep had brought, and setting a coin on the bar in payment.

IceWulf7
Thief

Post by IceWulf7 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:21 am

The coyote nodded. "I see. Perhaps some time I should see your wares; I've had a fair amount of business lately and have some extra money to spare". Taking a sip of her wine, she would continue. "My name is Vivian. It is nice to meet you, Natsuki. Indeed, I live in this town; it's usually a rather quiet place, it is".

Within a few moments, a lady raccoon would arrive at the pub. She was wearing a dark green tunic, a pair of black slacks and a pair of brown boots. She was a bit chubby, but had a welcoming look to her regardless. She began to approach the bar, waving to Vivian as she did.

"Ah", said Vivian. "There she is. Natsuki, I'd like you to meet a friend of mine: Allison".

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:08 pm

"certainly, it's nice to meet you too." Natsuki replied "do you have a shop? I could bring what I have by sometime tomorrow" She offered "I have goods from all over the world." she said with a enthusiastic smile before finishing off her mug of cider, and placing it and a coin for another on the bar for the bartender.

A raccoon arrived and Vivian introduced her as Allison. "A pleasure Allison." Natsuki replied with a friendly smile.

IceWulf7
Thief

Post by IceWulf7 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:39 am

Vivian shook her head. "Not precisely. I am something of a healer -- I am one of the salve makers at a local apothecary. Still, I'd be interested in seeing what you have to sell nevertheless".

Allison took a seat near the pair, turning her body to face Natsuki. "Good to meet you as well... Natsuki, was it?" She shrugged. "Now, what's this about selling?"

"Ah, yes", replied Vivian. "Miss Natsuki here happens to sell wares from all over the world".

"Hmm!" chimed in Allison. "You don't say! I'd be more than happy to see what you have as well. When you're able, that is".

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:13 am

Natsuki nodded, "I would love to show you what I have" she replied, always happy to be doing business. "do you have somewhere I can bring my goods to show you?" she asked "if not, my room in the inn will have to suffice, thought it would likely be a much smaller venue" she said with a chuckle. "do you have anything in mind of particular interest?" she asked "I have silks, spices, weapons, crystals from the arctic islands, pelts as well" she said excitedly "and many more things that I have found in my journeys" she finished with a grin

IceWulf7
Thief

Post by IceWulf7 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:34 pm

(Sorry for the wait; I was busy the last couple days)

Allison shrugs. "If you wish, we could head back to my abode. I am sure my husband would also love to see what you have", she would say.

"Hmm..." pondered Vivian. "I think I'd like to see those crystals. I had been looking for a very... special type as of late".

"As for me", said Allison, "I'd be more than happy to take a look at the spices and weapons. By any chance, do you also happen to have any body armor? I had some boiled leather armor, but it got tore up like a cheap tweed tunic -- monster tore into it. I have the treated wounds to prove it..."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:24 pm

(not a problem, I'm not in any rush)

Natsuki nodded, "that would work" she replied "I would just have to collect my pack from the room I'm renting" she said, and paused as Vivian mentioned crystals "well, the ones I picked up in the Arctic Islands are supposed to be special....most of the natives don't like to part with them.." she commented before addressing Allison "I've a variety of spices, and weapons from Kahun, and Yamaha..." she frowned a moment in thought "I don't think I have anything in the way of armor...I would have to double check to be sure though. I don't normally carry it as it takes up a lot of space" she explained "and I've never been too keen on wearing it...too restricting for my tastes..."

AmeVulpes
Duke
Species: undecided

Post by AmeVulpes » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:48 am

I walk in to the pub,tired looking and with a subtle blood stain on each paw. I walk over and order a bottle of vodka. God dammit that was a fight...

I look around and don't see much out of the ordinary,aside from a few people talking of magic. he watches for several whole minutes,a bad habit of his.Nothing better to do... I watch contently,but don't move yet.
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:13 am

Vanasethari was sitting in the corner stall, half awake, mostly putting out his telepathic senses. The manticore was looking for anything interesting. He willed the glass of ale from the table to his mouth, and drank deeply. He carried three swords, but didnt look to have the muscles to use them.

He detected someone who seemed to have telepathy too. He eavesdropped by listening in on the fox, the one without telepathy. <this may be what I am looking for... some fellow who knows the Way...> he thought.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

AmeVulpes
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:58 pm

OOC:((i say we steal this dead thread and call it our own! TONIGHT. WE DINE. IN HELL!))

I notice Vanasethari's abilities and walk over, sitting by him.

"Hello. I'm Amethyst." Despite my job, I am a very social fur. Telekinesis? rare enough around here, that's for sure!
Oh hey guys.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:23 am

A voice speaks in Amethyst's head.

You would do well to possibly not get close to me...

That was the message. Vanasethari was on a mission. He was in need of spreading the Way of the Mind. And he could see this one had only a small potential for joining the way.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

AmeVulpes
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:12 pm

"Problem, sir?"

I spoke quietly, but in a respectable tone. "It's much more polite to say things, you know."

I sit by him. Besides, since when do i heed warnings?
Oh hey guys.