Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Ever Onward (Fey thread, CLOSED)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Re: Ever Onward (Fey thread, CLOSED)

Post by cossant » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Aiden was kept with the injured early on, one of the healers noticing the extent of his wounds and recognizing the signs of an infection beginning to set in. They had to clean his wounds extensively, and the process left Aiden a bit weak, something he was not used to having to endure.

Another healer, a young bat, was currently checking on the wounds. "How are you feeling?" the bat asked, as he examined Aiden's bloodied shoulder. Aiden growled. "I get dragged into the middle of a battle for my life, was lucky enough to survive, and I'm taking down by a damn infection. How do you think I feel?" The bat ignored Aiden's hostility. "Physically. Any pain in your shoulder or side?" he asked. Aiden gave a huff. "My shoulder feels fine. Side's a bit sore, but I'll live."

Looking over, Aiden could see Mark, still unconscious, And Elayn farther down among the more seriously injured. "They gonna be alright?" Aiden asked. The bat paused in his examination. "We're familiar with the otter's wounds. She's got a good chance at pulling through." Aiden, sensing the underlying concern, pressed the question. "And Mark?"

The bat stopped examining Aiden't wound, looking up at him. "I'll be honest with you. We don't know what's wrong with him. Only his left ankle was shattered, and his right leg was slightly fractured, but there is no damage we can find that would render him unconscious. No blunt force trauma, no collapsed lungs, nothing. And yet his breaths are shallow, and he is feverish."

The bat redressed the wound to his shoulder, and checked the one on Aiden's side. Aiden didn't ask an more questions, his mind now wrestling with the fact that he was losing his friend. The healer, satisfied that the wounds were no longer infected, nodded to Aiden. "Alright then. You're wounds are healing up nicely, and you should be back up by tomorrow." After a pause, the healer nodded. "I'll go check on your friend."

Aiden laid back as the healer went to check on Mark. Sighing, Aiden closed his eyes, trying to clear his head of the headache from his blood loss.

"That's impossible." the healer muttered, as he examined Mark's ankle. The swelling from the break and the fracture had disappeared, and it looked like the bones were almost healed. His breathing had gotten strong, and as the healer put two of his claws near Mark's neck, he found that the pulse had returned to a healthy beat. Mark had recovered.

"Something wrong?" Aiden asked, noticing the healer's sudden change in demeanor. The healer hesitated before saying, "He'll be fine. Perfect, even." he breathed, though it was with a disbelieving tone, rather than a comforting one.

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Russel had just finished applying the salve, when he saw Aloine stoop to heal Elayne; from the very start he could see that this would not end well. The cheetah was simply to exhausted to do the full job she'd feel obligated to do. In a split second, the ginger cat was on his feet, and sprinted over to her in time to catch her as she blacked out.
He scrabbled for firmer footing as he bore her full weight on one arm. Having steadied himself, he bent his head, putting his ear to her muzzle to check for breathing. *I can feel the puffs of air... regular. She'll need care herself, but she ought to be alright.*

There was a slight twinge of shame in Russel's heart, that he couldn't carry the healer himself to the infirmary, but that couldn't be helped. The village healers, now out in force, while not ungrateful for his offered help, had two-armed volunteers enough. Little he could do, then, but to at least keep an eye out for Aloine, staying by her, feeling mostly useless.

~~~

Siegfried was not with the injured; that was the healer's business. His place was with the upright... and the dead. Those who tended not to the beds of the convalescents had dug graves for corpses. Neither were very heartening activities, and many in the village had sought what refuge they could in the barrels of the inn, which had all been tapped, as if no tomorrow was expected.

Truth be told, the fruit bat was uncertain that he should expect it, at least for his village. A huge swath had been cut through the able-bodied fey, leaving the young and old. As a community, those who guarded the spark lived on thin margins, and now they were so far below, they'd have to cut and run, split, fade; certainly they could not continue. *Yet, we must. We cannot let the black fey be corrupted to that fiend's service.*

Caught in this dilemma, Siegfried sought solitude, and found Kasha. Irritation and exhaustion both weighed heavily, and were not restrained. "Oh, you. I don't suppose you have any good news or ideas to share?"
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Aloine slowly opened an eye, her head was pounding, and she wasn't sure where she was at first. As her awareness grew, she realized that her entire body ached, and she felt like she had just run across the country and back. She slowly turned her head to get a better take of her new surroundings. As she turned her head, she found that she was with the other injured. She could see the shapes of other furs laying on cots, many whimpering or groaning in pain as healers moved around the room to tend those who needed it. She blinked a couple times, and turned her head the other direction to be greeted by the sight of Russel watching over her. She smiled softly as she looked at him through half closed eyes "Hey there, how are you holding up? How are Elayn and Mark?" she asked with obvious concern. She attempted to lift herself up but, even after working through the pain, there wasn't enough strength in her muscles. It was easy to tell that it wouldn't be long before sleep took the cheetah again.

Natsuki sat up as Siegfried strode into the area. She was tired, and sore, and had started absorbing fey energy again despite her attempts not to; this left her just as irritable as the bat. "I might if you'd care to shut up and listen this time" she snapped. She was tired of being ignored or brushed away when it came to any discussion regarding the fey village. She understood they weren't exactly thrilled about outsiders and wondered at the same time if they just genuinely believed that no outsider could possibly have anything helpful to contribute or if they were just being rude. "I helped defend your village...I put my life on the line out there just as much as anybody else. I think I deserve my chance to speak here." She said harshly, eyes glowing slightly.

osprey77
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Post by osprey77 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:43 am

Elayn continued to lie mostly still, but she would recover. She’d awoken briefly only twice since the battle, but the healer furs seemed hopeful a full recovery was pending. Many others, it seemed, would not be so lucky…

Bardon was as upset as Natsuki at Siegfried’s belligerent attitude, But Kasha understood. She placed a hand on her mate’s shoulder, signaling this was no time for bickering, and cast Natsuki a weary, warning glance.The look the feline/avian hybrid cast Natsuki warned the merchant that, if she was allowed to speak, she should do so diplomatically. These are our allies after all. But Kasha was not unsympathetic, having deduced what Natsuki’s main physical irritant was. The sooner she is away from this place, the better for her overall health.

“Friends, finger pointing, blame casting, and general unpleasantness will advance the aims of neither side here. Calm words shed light, while angry words generate only heat. I must admit, I feel partly responsible for the horrors that have visited this place…”

Bardon placed his own hand over Kasha’s, placing his free arm behind her back. His tension drained out in concern for his mate—the last sentence she spoke had been heavy with shame and weariness. "It wasn’t your fault, love,” he whispered quietly, “You didn’t know…”
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Aiden had tried to stay awake to watch as the healer looked over his friend, but the exhaustion from the battle, and the blood loss from the hasty treatment he received finally lulled him into a sleep.

The healer shook his head, as he determined that Mark was no longer feverish anymore either. "What are you?" the young bat whispered. His claws then checked his neck, and, as he turned Mark over, he saw the black vein on his neck. The healer leaned in to examine it, curious about the one possible blemish. His claws tenderly brushed over it.

Instantly, the vein receded back and returned to its normal color. Before the healer could react, Mark quickly sat up, his head catching the healer underneath the jaw. The healer, dazed from the blow, was sprawled out on the ground, his vision blurred. "Hey, take it easy. Are you okay?" Mark checked on the healer, kneeling down to help the healer up to a sitting position. The healer nodded, blinking his eyes a few times. "I'll be alright." he shrugged off the pain.

As the Healer got to his feet, he turned to Mark, to ask him how he could be alright, but Mark pointed him to the others. "I can take care of myself. You go take care of the others." he suggested. The healer, still dazed slightly, just nodded, as he walked away. Mark looked over to Aiden, who was sleeping, before smiling and going to rejoin the group, limping slightly on his left leg.

Though no one around was close enough to see it, Aiden shivered in his sleep, as a cold chill tried to alert him of something around the area.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:20 pm

When he saw Aloine awake, Russel let the tension finally drain from his shoulders. Lending his arm to prop her up, the ginger looked affectionately down at the cheetah. "You did good with Elayn, she'll live, though it'll be a while before she's up and about. And Mark-"

Russel took a look around, at the sound of some commotion behind him, and exclaimed in surprise, "Well! Looks like he's already walking out. Huh, tough kid." Shaking his head in admiration, he turned back to the healer. She still looked exhausted; unconsciousness was no substitute for sleep. Letting her back gently, he leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. "Rest for now, we'll pull through alright."

The cat spoke with as much encouragement as he could muster, for himself as well as Aloine. From where they were, among the injured and the dying, that wasn't easy to believe.

~

Needless to say, Siegfried was not in any mood to receive backchat calmly. He wasn't backing down from the trader vixen as he retorted. "Yes, but see, my people and I have to live with whatever's decided, while you can simply depart like the transient you are!"

Kasha's attempt at diplomacy gave the bat a chance to breathe, and cool down a little. He was quite ignorant as to the physical causes of Natsuki's irritation, but he was now in a frame of mind to be at least somewhat sympathetic. "I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but this has more or less been an unmitigated disaster for us. We've lost so many, I don't know if we can sustain the village any longer. But, if we don't keep up our vigil, the black fey will be put to that... madrat's service. I will not allow that, but there is only so much I can ask from convalescents. Unless you're willing to invest in our future, I'm not particularly inclined to let you decide our fate."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Aloine couldn't help the small giggle that escaped as she saw Russel's obvious relief, it was a little surprising as well as endearing. her good humor was unfortunately short lived, her expression showed both open relief, and dismay as she heard about Elayn's condition. "I should have done more..." she turned her head to see Mark as Russel spoke of him being up. "that's good" she said softly. She smiled softly as Russel pulled back and caught his hand in hers. "thank you" she said softly as she gave his hand a bit of a squeeze and drifted off to sleep...

Natsuki opened her mouth to make a biting reply to Siegfried when Kasha spoke and she shut it almost hard enough to make her teeth snap. She let out a sigh and shook her head, she knew the was letting her surroundings get to her, but she was stretched to her limits of self control. She took a few deep breaths as Siegfried continued to speak, and looked up with a tired and very pleased smile as he made his last comment. If one were to look close enough, they would see a calculating light in her eyes as she spoke. "why that is very close to exactly what I am about to propose." she replied, her tone becoming much more businesslike "my family has access to not insubstantial resources.." she began "..my proposal is that you send half of the able bodied combatants you have access to, and those who are not able enough to join the fight but can still work the fey can work making fey enhancements to items for my family's business to sell...nicknacks and small things will work fine until you have more able workers." she paused for a moment "In return, we will provide you with the supplies you need to recover from this battle as well as some of our best and most trusted guards to help protect the spark...once the village is restored we can negotiate something more long term if your village wishes to continue the partnership.." She watched Siegfried carefully trying to gauge his reaction as she waited for his response...

osprey77
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Post by osprey77 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:47 am

Kasha didn’t have too much to add to the discussion, but she felt like a moderator of sorts, watching each participant in turn, ready to jump in if things turned ugly, but perfectly willing to leave the arrangement-making in more capable paws.

Bardon saw his wife droop a little, imperceptible to anyone but him. The battle had exhausted her, and the results had disheartened her, but even worse, Bardon knew, was the knowledge that Vedicus had gotten his claws on some of the most potent magical energy yet discovered: Fey.

((ooc: sorry for the fail post, but my characters don’t have much to add at this point. Sorry for the delay, I’d been about to post when, as you probably know from Rackenhammer, we lost power/internet.))
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Mark sat back, as he surveyed the group. Though he kept a straight face, there was a certain energy in his eyes as he surveyed the entire area. He seemed unusually happy for someone who just witnessed a war. Perhaps the fall had taken more out of him than expected?

Overhead, a falcon let out its shrill cry, drawing Mark's attention. Casually, he reached for the bow slung over his shoulder, but paused, realizing that he had no arrows left. Sighing, he made a mental note to get the supplies to craft a few more. Looking back up, he smirked. You get off easy this time. The Falcon let another cry out, before flying out of view.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:11 pm

"She'll live, thanks to you. I'd say that's pretty fantastic." Russel was glad that he could put a smile on Aloine's face before she fell asleep. The troubled expression she'd worn while unconscious had been a haunting companion of his vigil. Now, with those who would survive recovering, the atmosphere was much more pleasant.
The ginger yawned; how long had he stayed awake? Not for much longer, anyhow. The next infirmary nurse who came in saw him asleep beside the bed, and decided to leave him be.

Siegfried hadn't been exactly serious in his outburst, but he was too smart not to be serious now. One way or another, outside help would be absolutely necessary for the survival of the village. His ears swiveled forward to catch the vixen's every word.
The offer... was a good start. And surely a businessfur wouldn't respect one who wouldn't bargain, right?
"I have no fighters to spare to send away, but any villager worth their salt can craft something. Give us a fair price, and we won't short you on stock. I would prefer that any guards you send to us be willing to stay long-term; my people will have to have time to accept them, and it is unlikely that any who come here will leave... unaltered by the spark. Don't swindle your own people, let them know exactly what they're getting into. Besides that, your offer is fair. I will speak for you in front of the Council... or what's left of it." He frowned at that, sighing. "I don't think they'll refuse, though they'll want input on the contract. I'll let you handle that, but the final approval is mine."

That settled, the bat looked towards their new arrival. "You're looking rather chipper today, Mark. Strange for someone who seemed close to death not long ago." He spoke in a voice carefully bleached of suspicion.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Aloine slept peacefully, still wearing a smile on her face.

Natsuki nodded as she listened to Siegfried's terms. "perhaps you can at least spare a representative, it may benefit for the fey to share their knowledge with eachother" she pressed, careful to highlight possible gains. "I can assure you a fair price in either gold or goods and supplies, though I would suggest goods and supplies at least at first. It will save you having to expose anyone from your village." she smiled despite how she felt physically. "No one we send will be misled or under compensated....you don't gain loyal employees by ripping them off or deceiving them" she held out her paw to Siegfried "Thank you. It sounds like we have the workings of a partnership, just needs a bit of formalization. I'll have to contact my family before anything is final, but I have the utmost confidence that they will agree. When would you like to have these talks?" she asked before Siegfried brought her attention to Mark. "great recovery time Mark" she commented "you'll have to let me in on your secret sometime." she teased.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Mark shrugged, his eyes briefly meeting Siegfried's, before smiling at Natsuki. "If I told you that, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, now would it?" he teased back. Mark turned his gaze over to Aloine, still sleeping among the wounded. Rest now, dear healer. You'll need it for the road ahead.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 pm

It seemed Mark would not be forthcoming on his secrets. *I'll have to keep an eye on that one, or at least find someone who can do so for me.* Siegfried didn't dedicate any more thought to it than that, though. He was bargaining for the future of his village, after all.

"Each other, you say?" The bat raised an eyebrow at that. "How many other villages does your family have contact with?" His tone of voice conveyed that the bat knew perfectly well that knowledge gains to the Fey would not be a certainty, as much as the knowledge gains to Natsuki's family, anyhow. It was a minor point, given that he would have not minded telling anything to a comrade-in-arms, but the dubiousness of the offered benefit was not something the bat would let pass without comment.
"Hm, it sounds like we're going to have to trust your word on what a fair price is, given that we wouldn't be able to compare prices without gold of our own. Not that I don't trust you, but I don't know the furs you would send. I should like for you to accompany the first party of merchants, and lock in prices then. As for the discussions..." He paused to consider. "As soon as the surviving Council members have recovered, I suppose. If one of them volunteers, that would also solve the issue of a representative. Sound fair?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Natsuki stuck her tongue out at Mark "fine, be that way" she called to him, only half seriously, before turning her attention back to the bat in front of her.

She grinned as the other villages were brought up. "my family only has limited contact with chosen members of one other village...I have a way to contact the leaders of said village, but it's primarily a business situation." She replied, noting but not acknowledging the knowing tone the bat used. Siegfried's next comment is what set her slightly off balance. her ears drooped a bit as she spoke. "I could move with the shipment if you insist, but that would pull me away from other clients....the normal business arrangement is that I leave a way of contacting me if a situation where negotiated prices need to be adjusted." She replied as she pulled on a glove and reached into her pack, producing a small silver mirror. "I create a connection between this and my own, and when the goods arrive you can contact me, and we can go over prices together. Would that be acceptable?" she asked with a hopeful smile. "..and a council member would be wonderful, should they decide to volunteer." she said as she held out the mirror to Siegfried

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Siegfried's face kept a grim expression, but he didn't prod the point too much. He knew well enough what it was like to have to balance multiple things, and his village would not be helped if he pushed this vixen too far from her own responsibilities.
The bat reached out a wing for the silver mirror, snagging it neatly with a claw and bringing it close for inspection. It was mostly for show, he could tell the thing was magical, but wasn't schooled enough in outside forms of magic to know what it was for or if it was working. He'd have to take Natsuki's word for it, but it didn't do to appear less shrewd than he could help.

"That would be acceptable." He pronounced. Not ideal, but it would give his village a leg up. He surveyed the place. Structurally, it was mostly undamaged, but the people, the real substance of the place, had been badly hit. *But not ruined. We are not a dead town yet, you'll see.*
"The details may be threshed out at the Council later, though I don't expect they'll be much of a change. I am needed elsewhere. Until then..."
The fruit bat bowed to is guests, and then moved to do his own daily duties.