Showdown [Rioshi]

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Showdown [Rioshi]

Post by Kael » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 am

Carda was sitting on the side of the road, sharpening her blade and doing her morning prayers. She had just traveled from the base of Peloron's order for a personal challenge. Her code of honor made it so she must accept. The 7' tall lioness stood up and straightened her platemail. She picked up her longsword and large shield. She closed in on the meeting place.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Sponsor

Rioshi
Cub

Re: Showdown [Rioshi]

Post by Rioshi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:28 am

Stalking his prey, the light calmly reflected off a glint of exposed fang and claw, breathlessly amused by his own sudden appearance. Wordlessly, the brow of a lion calmly gazed upon the exposed steel as if ripping apart the platemail with a burning pair of golden eyes, wind ruffling through his mane in an idle gesture of appreciation.

Silence. Temporary. Illuminating. But tense as gazelle fleeing across the Savannah. Rioshi neither cared where he was, nor where he was going. Amnesia, or Apathy? A predator neither desired to be the hunted, nor a feral beast flee from the prey. Gesturing just within sight of the lioness, the Pride leader simply blocked her path...

And waited.
I Laugh at Life: its antics make for me a giddy game,
Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.

Robert Service

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 am

Carda raised her sword. "Stand aside, knave, I have a challenge to accept." Carda looked fearless. But inside, she was wrestling with Jarlaxle. He wanted to obliterate this fool. Carda needed to keep him under lock and key. Ever since childhood, she dealt with him. It was worse after being Thumb. But she managed to keep him away for the most part. If he ever got control, she would doom them all.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Rioshi
Cub

Post by Rioshi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:58 am

Glancing up and down thoughtfully, he raises his arms in a pose of his own. Moving one across his fangs with a smear of blood from an upturned claw, he nods in acceptance of your words, misled or no.

"Challenge Accepted." he remarks offhand, barely stating more than a word or two lost on the wind. Not moving, he stood as immobile as stone, obviously not moving, nor particularly caring to move. Emotionlessly, he turns his left foot and twists his stance, slamming down into the ground like a tremor of movement. No armor, no sword, no history. An easy victory, no...?

With a voice broken by the elements, he prepared to strike with nothing but his bare paws. "If I am the knave, then I will defeat you, and you will submit. En guarde."

Robert Service

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 am

Carda's sword and shield lit up with a holy light. "We shall see about that, fool." She kept her stance defensive, but her sword was ready. All of a sudden, a bolt of light shot out at the lion, filled with the heat of a sun. She screamed out, "Peloron!" as she charged at the lion.

Rioshi
Cub

Post by Rioshi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:14 am

Moving to all fours like a lion on the prowl to duck under the light attack and moving to meet the oncoming opponent in case it was a homing attack, the Rrr'alme waits till the last second, swiping like a burst of a cannon to the left- crushing his hind leg against the back of her ankle to knock her off balance, not waiting to see the result as the weight of the platemail came crashing down on an injured limb. Was he successful? Was he...even going to care?

"Irritating. Use a swordplay technique against a more agile or armorless opponent, not an outright downward thrust. Less strength put into directional attacks will allow for feints to catch them off guard. The weight of your own armor into the swing will bring power down into the blow for you." the lion remarks, not asking for a name nor giving one. His stance moving, circling around her like a shark smelling blood on the water, he prowls on all fours and waits. Toying with the opponent, a psychological advantage. Her move, again.

Robert Service

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:27 pm

As the lion struck at her, a lance of light emerged from the impact point. It seared his leg, but Carda buckled a bit. She got back on her feet, then turned. Her stance wary now, she held her sword out in front of her. A halo of light sprung up around her. It was a bad idea to try and maneuver around her now. She lit her sword up and waited for the lion to attack.

Rioshi
Cub

Post by Rioshi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Letting the burn apply openly to the fresh air, the lion licked his fingers and ripped out a length of his fur around the wound, calmly disinfecting the wound with his saliva to clot the impact point should it yield to her blade. Cracking his claws hard to apply pressure, he eases into his stalking movements, circling around even slower, gauging her for weaknesses like a feral hunter on the prowl...

Robert Service

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Carda followed his movements. His surprise attack earlier had almost let Jezebel free, and that would be bad. So she kept an eye on him and wrestled Jezebel into silence. If he got free now, there would be no chance for his opponent. Jezebel never showed mercy. He slaughtered whatever he wished to. And he had the power to back it up.

Carda eased herself into a fighting stance.