Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Arrival at the docks (OPEN TO ALL!)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Arrival at the docks (OPEN TO ALL!)

Post by Asyriel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am

"well, normally I would suggest seeing what we can scare up in the way of game, but we've got plenty of food supplies for now, and there won't be a whole lot in the way of good game nearby..." she said as she set her satchel on the ground, and dug out a bedroll. "...so, let's get a fire started, and get some dinner going, then we can sit down, and I'll teach you a spell or two." As she finished saying this, she looked over at the pile of wood Garen had gathered. A moment of concentration, and a hearth of hardened sand rose around the wood. All but enough wood to start a decent fire was whisked to the side by platforms of air, and a fire was sparked to life in the hearth. Aloine smiled. "Now, what sounds good for dinner?" she asked

Sponsor

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue
Species: Lagomorph

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:04 am

asyriel wrote:"well, normally I would suggest seeing what we can scare up in the way of game, but we've got plenty of food supplies for now, and there won't be a whole lot in the way of good game nearby..." she said as she set her satchel on the ground, and dug out a bedroll. "...so, let's get a fire started, and get some dinner going, then we can sit down, and I'll teach you a spell or two." As she finished saying this, she looked over at the pile of wood Garen had gathered. A moment of concentration, and a hearth of hardened sand rose around the wood. All but enough wood to start a decent fire was whisked to the side by platforms of air, and a fire was sparked to life in the hearth. Aloine smiled. "Now, what sounds good for dinner?" she asked
OOC: Sorry for the delay, this is the first free moment I've really gotten to just sit down and get back to this. My new job is crazy busy.

*Garen watched in silent amazement as the fire seemed to construct itself before them. It took him a moment to get over the amount of of sheer raw power his new teacher was capable of preforming with her magic.*

"Amazing...simply amazing, and I'm just trying to focus on the wind element alone!" *Garen said as he began to rummage through his bag for odds and ends for food. He managed to withdraw a lamb shank wrapped up in a roll of some sort of vegetable leaf and a bottle of some odd flavoring the market butcher had suggested he get. He also withdrew coffee grounds, a metal pot, fresh water and a small jar of honey. He was quite fond of a certain coffee recipe an old friend had told him years ago. Lastly he pulled out a sizable wrapped package of vegetables which he set beside the flames to toast, while he skewered the lamb shank and set up up over the fire on a spit and doused it it the odd flavoring. Almost instantly the meat started to cook and a wonderful scent wafted up from the fire. He then smiled at Aloine.*
"Heh, your skill might be with magic, but when it comes to cooking, I think I might excel in that department!"
~Garen Laulbrei: Air Elementalist in training

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am

Alone smiled a soft warm smile "not really" she replied softly I've been training with magic since I was ten, and fifteen years of that was tutored. I've mastered Light, Earth, and Air so far and almost Fire; I've got passable skill with water" Her expression took on a dreamy quality "I hope to one day master all of the elements..." she trailed off, staring at the sky for a few moments before the smell of food brought her thoughts back. She chuckled at Garen's comment on cooking "I think I've got to agree with you on that point" she replied cheerfully "it smells delicious." she said as she closed her eyes, and took a deep breath, filling her nose with the smells of the cooking meal. "if you're interested, I can teach you other elements once you feel comfortable with air" she offered "much can be done when elements are mixed..."

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:02 pm

asyriel wrote:Alone smiled a soft warm smile "not really" she replied softly I've been training with magic since I was ten, and fifteen years of that was tutored. I've mastered Light, Earth, and Air so far and almost Fire; I've got passable skill with water" Her expression took on a dreamy quality "I hope to one day master all of the elements..." she trailed off, staring at the sky for a few moments before the smell of food brought her thoughts back. She chuckled at Garen's comment on cooking "I think I've got to agree with you on that point" she replied cheerfully "it smells delicious." she said as she closed her eyes, and took a deep breath, filling her nose with the smells of the cooking meal. "if you're interested, I can teach you other elements once you feel comfortable with air" she offered "much can be done when elements are mixed..."
*Garen withdrew the lamb from the spit and took a knife to split the meat into two hearty chunks and passed one to his tutor.*
"Perhaps one day...but for now I want to master the air as my family has done for years. Once I feel I've gained that much, maybe I'll give a try at the other elements. But for now, food!" *Garen said with a quirky grin as he started into his meal and occasionally picked out bits of fireside cooked vegetables as they became ready. He also poured two small mugs of coffee for them when it was done peculating.* "Now what are all of the elements...so I can decided which to next move onto...I imagine there are more out there past what you have under your belt correct?"

OOC: Again my bad on the delay...work is putting a damper on my fun times. TT^TT

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Aloine took a bite of the meat, and chewed. "mmm..delecious" she said as she wiped some of the juice dribbling down her chin away with the back of a hand. She nodded as Garen asked about the other elements. "yes, there are seven in all." she said "Light, Dark, Earth, Fire, Water, Air, and Ice" she said with a smile before taking a sip of the coffee. She was quiet for a bit after that, concentrating on eating her meal. She waited for Garen to finish his own meal before she grinned and asked. "so, are you ready to try learning a new spell?"

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 am

asyriel wrote:Aloine took a bite of the meat, and chewed. "mmm..delecious" she said as she wiped some of the juice dribbling down her chin away with the back of a hand. She nodded as Garen asked about the other elements. "yes, there are seven in all." she said "Light, Dark, Earth, Fire, Water, Air, and Ice" she said with a smile before taking a sip of the coffee. She was quiet for a bit after that, concentrating on eating her meal. She waited for Garen to finish his own meal before she grinned and asked. "so, are you ready to try learning a new spell?"
*Garen mulled the elements over in his mind as he ate. Dark was something he was sure he wanted to stay away from. He was not much for fire...but one really caught his attention.
"Ice magic sounds like it could be a promising second tier of magic to pursue. Strange though how its different from water, I would think the two would go almost hand in hand. No matter." *Garen thought as he took a swig of the hot caffeinated liquid contently*
*Garen, when finished patted off his hands on a scrap of cloth from his pack instead of trying to find something else to clean them.* "Right, should probably stick to air magic for now...get that mastered before I consider a second course."
*Garen raised his hands ready in case his teacher was about to throw something his way for him to balance on air currents.*
"Go for it!"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:51 am

Aloine shrugged "fair enough" she replied before grabbing hold of one of Garen's free hands. "watch carefully" she said as she started gathering and manipulating energy for a spell. As she shaped the spell, the energy seemed to be forming a bubble, or pocket in the air in front of her. "this is a useful spell, it will allow you to send messages to anyone you know, and with enough practice to nearly anyplace on Feila." she explained as she worked the spell. she did everything much slower than necessary to allow Garen to see what she was doing. "you basically from a small magical pocket in the air. Once you have it, you speak your message into it. "she put her muzzle to the area where she had formed the spell, and spoke. Her mouth moved, but the sound did not escape the spell. She smiled, and began speaking to Garen again. "once you've spoken your message, they you merely visualize your target, and send it off" Aloine pictured a target, and gave the bubble of air magic a magical push and it shot off, faster than the eye could track. "the more energy you put into it, and sending it off, the further it will be able to go. Any questions? do you need to see it again, or do you think you've got it?" she asked

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:40 am

asyriel wrote:Aloine shrugged "fair enough" she replied before grabbing hold of one of Garen's free hands. "watch carefully" she said as she started gathering and manipulating energy for a spell. As she shaped the spell, the energy seemed to be forming a bubble, or pocket in the air in front of her. "this is a useful spell, it will allow you to send messages to anyone you know, and with enough practice to nearly anyplace on Feila." she explained as she worked the spell. she did everything much slower than necessary to allow Garen to see what she was doing. "you basically from a small magical pocket in the air. Once you have it, you speak your message into it. "she put her muzzle to the area where she had formed the spell, and spoke. Her mouth moved, but the sound did not escape the spell. She smiled, and began speaking to Garen again. "once you've spoken your message, they you merely visualize your target, and send it off" Aloine pictured a target, and gave the bubble of air magic a magical push and it shot off, faster than the eye could track. "the more energy you put into it, and sending it off, the further it will be able to go. Any questions? do you need to see it again, or do you think you've got it?" she asked
"Anywhere in Feila? Even to my folks back in Domus? Fantastic! I wonder why my mother never sent me a message this way yet. Probably didn't want to shock me with a sudden appearance of a orb of voices visiting me in the middle of the night. I hope they are alright." *Garen mused as he watched the night skies to see if he could see the message she had sent race across the stars.*
"I think I got it...and I know who I want to send my first message to as well. Let me try and see if it works."
*Garen focused the energy into his hands as his mentor had and slowly an unstable bubble began to form. It was not nearly as elegant looking as Aloine's but Garen had a feeling it would work. He leaned forward and began to whisper into the orb. As the message was taken in the orb expanded in his hands to the point in almost looked like it might pop. Finally Garen finished the message and thought of his folks back on Domus and sent it off. The Orb bumbled along through the sky much slower than Aloine's message but with enough speed to not be shot down by a archer thinking it was some form of game.*
"I really need to work on it it would seem...do you think it still will make it despite the distance?" *Garen asked as the orb took off over the ocean towards home.* "Speaking of which...who was your message to? If its...y'know not to personal or anything?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Aloine nodded "it should be able to reach Domus" she replied with a smile, "just keep n mind that the further you send it, the more energy it will need" she cautioned as she watched Garen attempt the spell. It wasn't perfect, but it did seem to be working. Thankfully the spell itself would go unseen by any but a mage, and even a mage would have to be looking for it to actually find it. She watched as the spell tracked it's way across the sky before addressing Garen's question. "well, it will take practice to get it perfect, but it did seem to have enough energy. Having energy enough to make the trip is the only real obstacle to the spell." Aloine was a little surprised when Garen asked who she had sent a message to. She smiled as he amended his question, obviously trying not to make her uncomfortable. "I sent it to a merchant friend of mine." She replied with a chuckle. "She's an interesting individual....absorbs magic. I send her messages every now and then, it's interesting to find out how many she actually gets, and how many she accidentally absorbs."