Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Arrival at the docks (OPEN TO ALL!)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: Arrival at the docks (OPEN TO ALL!)

Post by Asyriel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Aloine frowned at Ventus, then smoothed out her fur, gathering the energy and dispersing it in the process. "you may want to keep a bit of distance in the future then if you plan to continue following us" she replied to the bird.

"were you able to tell how I was shaping the energy, the spell I was creating?" she asked Garen again, smiling as they reached the inn. she opened the door, and was greeted by the gruff looking ram at the bar. "thank you, hmmm..." Aloine started, pursing her lips a bit in thought "two rooms if you have them please, and baths for myself and my companion." she glanced at Garen, then back at the ram "how are your baths set up?" she asked "do you have more than one, and are there separate rooms or just one common area?" she asked

Sponsor

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue
Species: Lagomorph

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:05 am

*The ram nodded looking at the small crew*

"Indeed missus, we have plenty of rooms available at the moment, most people don't reserve a room so early in the day, sadly we usually get the drunks who can't walk straight back home to stay the night. Its unfortunate, but it pays well regardless. As for the baths we have stations out back reserved for women and men, medium sized enclosures surrounded by Bale Oak timber walls and thatched roofs overhead, each station has a fire pit to heat the water for your preference and a small tub and sauna for deeper cleansing if water over the head isn't enough. We keep them in constant clean condition for our patrons. In total the cost will come to about 30 gold per room and 10 gold for the use of the showers, a meal of stew at night and breakfast in the morning included, total comes to 70 gold." The ram explained stacking the mug he had been cleaning on a back counter and finding two room keys below the bar and offering them to the group.

*Garen fished into his satchel and pulled out a few coins, counting them up.* "I have enough for my own room as well as for the baths Miss Aloine."
~Garen Laulbrei: Air Elementalist in training

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:24 pm

((OOC: realistically, all that would probably be in silver at the most, rather than gold))

Aloine listened as the ram explained the costs of their stay, and nodded. "good, sounds like a deal" she said as she reached into her own satchel to fish out her money. She handed over payment for her room, and smiled at Garen "well, I guess I'll meet you in the common room in a bit...unless you'd rather just bathe and go to bed" she said as she took her room key, and headed to drop off her things, and make her way to the baths.

In her room, she hung her satchel, and cloak on the wall before heading out in search of the baths. she found them after a short look, and headed into the female's enclosure. Once inside, she undressed and started the fire to heat the water, then used a bit of fire magic to speed up the process. before long, she was soaking in a hot bath. as she enjoyed the hot soak, she mulled over thoughts of how would be best to teach her new apprentice. He had an enthusiasm that was catching, and seemed eager to learn, which would make it much easier to teach...not to mention he was pretty good looking too. she smiled to herself, and tipped her head back to soak her hair. after a bit she finished washing, and used the shower to rinse before drying off, putting on a simple dress, and heading in to the common room.

in the common room, she ordered a drink and sat down at a table; figuring that a drink and some time listening to the common room chatter would be nice before heading to get some sleep.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Kael had decided he had sulked long enough, and teleported to an alley near the inn, startling a pissing drunk. With a nod to the jackal, Kael, sans companions, entered the common room and looked around.

Ventus had left Aloine before her bath routine, and flew outside. Noting Kael come back, he flew over and perched on Kael's shoulder. Kael gave him a good scratch, then scanned the room for those he had been brash with earlier. He spotted Aloine, sans Garen, but didn't approach.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:23 am

asyriel wrote:((OOC: realistically, all that would probably be in silver at the most, rather than gold))

Aloine listened as the ram explained the costs of their stay, and nodded. "good, sounds like a deal" she said as she reached into her own satchel to fish out her money. She handed over payment for her room, and smiled at Garen "well, I guess I'll meet you in the common room in a bit...unless you'd rather just bathe and go to bed" she said as she took her room key, and headed to drop off her things, and make her way to the baths.

In her room, she hung her satchel, and cloak on the wall before heading out in search of the baths. she found them after a short look, and headed into the female's enclosure. Once inside, she undressed and started the fire to heat the water, then used a bit of fire magic to speed up the process. before long, she was soaking in a hot bath. as she enjoyed the hot soak, she mulled over thoughts of how would be best to teach her new apprentice. He had an enthusiasm that was catching, and seemed eager to learn, which would make it much easier to teach...not to mention he was pretty good looking too. she smiled to herself, and tipped her head back to soak her hair. after a bit she finished washing, and used the shower to rinse before drying off, putting on a simple dress, and heading in to the common room.

in the common room, she ordered a drink and sat down at a table; figuring that a drink and some time listening to the common room chatter would be nice before heading to get some sleep.
(Right, silver, my bad on that, I'm used to playing games where they only deal in gold prices so I normally forget the smaller amounts)

"Well I Definitely need the bath ma'am, but I'm not rightly tired just yet. Let me wash away the grime from sailing on the open seas for the past week and I'll be glad to meet you in the common room for a drink, meal and a chance to discuss our plans for tomorrow?" *Garen said taking his own key and heading up stairs along side her and opening the door to the room right across from hers. Garen was pleased with that layout. Not that she needed it he realized in the long run, but if his new mistress needed any protection he would be but a mere earshot away from her across the hall.*
*Garen dropped off his satchel and weapons and reduced his weight down to her jerkin and trousers and locked his room, heading the for the baths. The Inn seemed safe enough that nothing too terrible could happen that night, worst case scenario would be an unruly drunk happening to mistaken Aloine's or Garen's room for his own, which Garen could care of with ease he was sure.*

*Garen finally entered the bath house indicated for men and quickly went to cleaning his fur and body. Garen took a moment to gather his thoughts about the day thus far while he soaked in the hot bath. What a day it had been! Leaving Captain Shamus and the crew, bumping into his new mistress who promised to teach him the deeper secrets of air magic and helping her heal a wounded patient? If this was how his future adventures were to be, life was looking quite promising he had to admit! Using what air magic he knew to douse himself after scrubbing clean and drying himself off. He applied a dash of the scented oil to his underarms and back of his neck along with few other places just in case and left an extra few copper pieces on a plate for the use.*

*Garen left the baths and changed back into his basic clothes, which he realized had been freshly laundered for him while he bathed by, he assumed, a small female Fennic who stepped into the room to gather the clothes of another patron.*

"Did you clean my clothes miss?"
"Y-yes sir, tis my job to p-provide excellence in s-service for t-the patrons of the I-Iron Bear Inn" *The Fennic stuttered bashfully not looking at Garen fully.*
*Garen approached her and tilted up her chin so she looked into his eyes.* "I thank you...here...for your troubles, don't tell the boss." *Garen said and placed five silver pieces in her small hand, he gave her a wink and headed out to the bar*
"Oh...Oh! Thank you sir!" *The Fennic exclaimed happily as she hid away the silver in a pouch on her skirt.*

It felt good to be nice to the little servant woman, Garen thought, but on the other hand that had left his funds a tad low, down to twenty copper, three silver and one gold coin. He would have enough for one drink with Aloine and then it was off to bed.
Garen entered the bar and notice Aloine at a small table near the back. As he approached he realized how beautiful she looked with her still slightly damp hair and clean fur. He could feel a little heat rising in his cheeks then shook his head to clear his mind. Now was not the time. He pulled back the chair and ordered an ale. He looked to his new teacher and grinned.*

"So then, plans for tomorrow? What am I expected to learn on our travels my mentor?"

(Apologies for the slight long winded post...wanted to make up for my absence and also just started getting really creative with my write, not exactly a bad thing but still...)

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:29 pm

(you'll never find me complaining about a long post.)

Aloine noticed Kael as he walked in and rolled her eyes a bit, wondering just what the moody mage wanted; she doubted that it was pure coincidence that he just happen to walk into the same inn that she and Garen were staying at. She didn't say anything or make any motions to encourage him to approach, but neither did she make any attempts to discourage him.

She grinned and waved as she saw Garen come through the door, musing to herself how good he looked cleaned up. She took a sip of her drink to hide the heat she felt rising in her cheeks as Garen approached the table. "well.." she said after setting her drink down "..we'll need to get an early start. I've always felt that the best way to learn is by doing, so, I'll teach you a spell...and as we go through the day, you'll practice it. I'll help you and coach you as you practice, and once you've mastered that spell, we'll work on a new one" she smiled "how does that sound to you?" she asked "of course, we can always get a head start now...I want to try something...since we know that you can at least feel when magic is being worked around you...give me your hand" she said as she reached out and took his hand in her own.

Holding carefully to Garen's hand, she spoke again. "now...I'm going to cast a small spell. I want you to concentrate on feeling how I'm shaping the energies into the spell." Aloine began gathering energy, extending what she felt as she shaped it to Garen; she began to shape it carefully, imparting intent into the energy. After a moment, a tiny whirlwind formed above her drink, picking up and swirling the liquid from inside. A few moments later the spell dissipated and Aloine grinned excitedly at Garen. "did you feel it?" she asked

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Kael approached slowly, eyes downcast. When he got to the table, he said, "I realize my earlier utterances have been a bit... uncontemplated. I was overcome with impulsivity." Kael had been pyromancer first, so his actions showed them at times. Ventus, however, bit his ear. "OW!" he started. "Alright, I didn't think. I am deeply apologetic. I respect your opinion, Aloine, as well as yours, Garen." Kael bowed his head, truly repentant.

Ventus proceeded to shit on Kael's robe.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:06 pm

asyriel wrote:(you'll never find me complaining about a long post.)

Aloine noticed Kael as he walked in and rolled her eyes a bit, wondering just what the moody mage wanted; she doubted that it was pure coincidence that he just happen to walk into the same inn that she and Garen were staying at. She didn't say anything or make any motions to encourage him to approach, but neither did she make any attempts to discourage him.

She grinned and waved as she saw Garen come through the door, musing to herself how good he looked cleaned up. She took a sip of her drink to hide the heat she felt rising in her cheeks as Garen approached the table. "well.." she said after setting her drink down "..we'll need to get an early start. I've always felt that the best way to learn is by doing, so, I'll teach you a spell...and as we go through the day, you'll practice it. I'll help you and coach you as you practice, and once you've mastered that spell, we'll work on a new one" she smiled "how does that sound to you?" she asked "of course, we can always get a head start now...I want to try something...since we know that you can at least feel when magic is being worked around you...give me your hand" she said as she reached out and took his hand in her own.

Holding carefully to Garen's hand, she spoke again. "now...I'm going to cast a small spell. I want you to concentrate on feeling how I'm shaping the energies into the spell." Aloine began gathering energy, extending what she felt as she shaped it to Garen; she began to shape it carefully, imparting intent into the energy. After a moment, a tiny whirlwind formed above her drink, picking up and swirling the liquid from inside. A few moments later the spell dissipated and Aloine grinned excitedly at Garen. "did you feel it?" she asked
*Garen nodded in understanding as Aloine spoke, but he was also struggling to not get lost in her beautiful amber colored eyes.
"Uhm, great, sounds like a plan, you give a spell, I learn it and move on to the next." *Garen muttered still trying to keep his focus on her words and not as much on her beauty.*
*Garen took a swig of his drink and almost lost it when she took his hand in hers. He could hear his heart start to pound in his ears, her words momentarily lost as she preformed the spell.*

"I-I-I think I did? Or, at least I felt something, I-I'm s-sorry, y-you might have to do it again, let me just...uh...clear my mind a bit." *Garen said then took a shuddering breath to ease his mind in the situation.*
Kael wrote:Kael approached slowly, eyes downcast. When he got to the table, he said, "I realize my earlier utterances have been a bit... uncontemplated. I was overcome with impulsivity." Kael had been pyromancer first, so his actions showed them at times. Ventus, however, bit his ear. "OW!" he started. "Alright, I didn't think. I am deeply apologetic. I respect your opinion, Aloine, as well as yours, Garen." Kael bowed his head, truly repentant.

Ventus proceeded to shit on Kael's robe.
*Garen grumbled slightly as Kael came up to the two of them, he was interrupting his time with his instructor. But he chose to give the fur the benefit of the doubt and heard him out. Garen smirked when his Raven nipped his ear then laughed when it took a dump on his robes, he had a new found respect for the bird, but he was glad to hear Kael's apology.

"Fine by me Kael...I accept your apology."*Garen stated but still didn't want to invite him to their table, until Aloine had her say, and even then he was more content to spend time with his mistress than with him.*

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Aloine chuckled softly and shook her head slightly at her student's obvious distraction. "by all means, as much time as you need" she replied cheerfully, preferring that her student be focused; even if it took a few extra moments.

as she waited for Garen to regain his focus, she turned her attention to Kael. She listened to Kael as he apologized, smiling as he did. Once Kael was done, she nodded. "thank you for the apology, I have no ill feelings over the interaction" she replied "everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I will have all sorts of objections should you decide to try to tell me how to teach my student" she said before shaking her head at Ventus' actions "your bird could probably stand to learn some manners though" she commented with a slight frown. "you're welcome to sit if you like, though I would suggest cleaning up your robes a bit first." she said before returning her attention to Garen.

"ready for another try?" she asked her student, the tone of her voice filled with patience.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:57 am

Kael simply gestured, a small rune flared on his robes, and the fecal mater fell off. he then sat, folding his hand on the table. "I wouldn't dare interfere again," he said. "Everyone does magic differently." It seemed a simple enough explanation. He sat back to watch.

Ventus, though, snorted. "I don't need manners. I'm a bird. It's what I do."

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:38 am

asyriel wrote:Aloine chuckled softly and shook her head slightly at her student's obvious distraction. "by all means, as much time as you need" she replied cheerfully, preferring that her student be focused; even if it took a few extra moments.

as she waited for Garen to regain his focus, she turned her attention to Kael. She listened to Kael as he apologized, smiling as he did. Once Kael was done, she nodded. "thank you for the apology, I have no ill feelings over the interaction" she replied "everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I will have all sorts of objections should you decide to try to tell me how to teach my student" she said before shaking her head at Ventus' actions "your bird could probably stand to learn some manners though" she commented with a slight frown. "you're welcome to sit if you like, though I would suggest cleaning up your robes a bit first." she said before returning her attention to Garen.

"ready for another try?" she asked her student, the tone of her voice filled with patience.
*Garen took a deep breath and let it out slowly, pushing his drink to the side*

"Yes Ma'am, I'm ready this time" *Garen said closing his eyes hoping it might help him concentrate more. He put out his hand to hers and awaited for her to preform the spell

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Aloine smiled and nodded to Kael "thank you" she replied before rolling her eyes and turning her attention to ventus. "And most birds would be outside and not carrying on a conversation with me" she shook her head, deciding that an argument with the bird would not be worth the effort.

Aloine returned her attention to her apprentice. "Ok...here we go" she said as she cast the same spell again, concentrating on extending what she felt of the magic to garen as she shaped the spell.

darkkitsune
Duke

Post by darkkitsune » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 pm

A dark furred fox silently entered looking around silently. The fox slide using the shadows that were cast to a seat that was close to the group but not close enough to be caught... Or so he thought. The fox's aura was like pure magic that was shedding in waves from him. The fox was unusually tall and had tattoos on above his eye and covering his hands and wrists. This fox had a big reservoir of magic inside him. He also has a couple of large weapons on his back which he takes off and leans against the table gently. He calmly ordered something to eat and drinking while his ears turned toward the instructor and apprentice.

(I am here :P I hope I got it right... if there are any inconsistencies tell me and I'll edit my post.)
"Let's light them on fire some morrrre."
Group of ninja burst into flames...again

If any of the stories that I am in need revising, please PM me, so that I make the changes. Because I would like to have the stories make sense and flow better. (In the PM tell which story needs changing and how, please?)

Feila IRC Chat

Image I, insert name DESTROYED Feila *Evil laughter*

My Characters

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Kael calmly turned toward the newcomer. "Would you care to turn down the aura please? It's rather distracting." His eyes glazed over for a second as he activated mage-sight.

Ventus, meanwhile, had his feathers ruffling from the pure magic rolling off. He coughed, and small spark shot out to the table, burning a spot.

Kael snapped back into focus. "Oh, my. You have potential, my friend. Have you any training?" Kael's eyes were enthusiastic. This was a rare find indeed!

Garen Laulbrei
Rogue

Post by Garen Laulbrei » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:08 pm

asyriel wrote:Aloine smiled and nodded to Kael "thank you" she replied before rolling her eyes and turning her attention to ventus. "And most birds would be outside and not carrying on a conversation with me" she shook her head, deciding that an argument with the bird would not be worth the effort.

Aloine returned her attention to her apprentice. "Ok...here we go" she said as she cast the same spell again, concentrating on extending what she felt of the magic to garen as she shaped the spell.
*Ignoring the going-on's around him for the moment, Garen kept his focus on his teachers spell. At first there was nothing coming into focus, darkness. Then suddenly a small flame within his minds eye burst forth. Garen's face scrunched up as he focused on the spot. The light grew brighter and he could almost feel the magic ebb and flow up through his arms.*
"I-I feel it, its slow to find but...I can sense it. Like a lather over my skin. Is that right?" Garen muttered keeping his eyes closed in focus.