Rise of Anti-Magic [check discussion thread to sign up]

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: Rise of Anti-Magic [check discussion thread to sign up]

Post by Kael » Thu May 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Fera's rage left her, and she looked around. Seeing all the blood, she rushed over to the side, and promptly heaved her food out of her stomach. Shakily she got up, only to heave again.

Shade was over beside her, a rare moment of kindness in him. He held her shoulders, knowing how hard the first kill was. "Don't worry, It'll pass. The sickness passes," he whispered.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Mon May 07, 2012 11:31 am

The wolf moved to the bear, retrieving his sword and sheathing it. Then he moved to Mark. he patted him on the back, "Good shot." Then the wolf turned to the remains of the dead. "No time for a proper burial. Have to do this the quick way." The wolf grabbed some shrubs from nearby, and used the little power he had left to set them a lite. Taking time to rummage for weapons and food, he set aside the things to keep and set the bodies on fire. "Come on. That's going to draw attention to anyone in the area. We need to find a cave, fast."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Post by cossant » Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm

The hyena was as quick in mind as he was dexterous. Diving to the ground, the arrows soared over his head, as he rolled forward, and sprang back up, even picking up speed, as he began putting distance between him and Jack.

But as he sprinted towards a rock, a rune suddenly glowed bright, causing the hyena to stop suddenly. A flash of shadow shot out at him, causing him to yelp in surprise. It was cut short, though, as the shadows engulfed him, and disappeared. One of the hyena's swords clattered to the ground, it's owner disappeared before it even had a chance to fall.

Farther down the mountain, the fox looked back, as he felt the sudden signature of the magic. "Just like you planned, Tannis." he muttered.

Mark gave the bear another look, knowing full well that, had the Legate not killed him, he would have gotten to him. Mark was no stranger to death, but he hadn't truly taken anyone's life. He valued life, and the life of an enemy was still a life.

As Amadeas patted him on the back, he looked down. Truth be told, the deaths were beginning to get to him, though probably more than he let on. As he watched in solemn silence as the bodies burned, his eyes actually seemed to slightly fade in its color. As Amadeas took the lead, Mark followed in silence, his being feeling drained.

The Crow
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow » Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 am

Jack walked over to the sword, having seen the hyena vanish. He picked up the sword and swung it a few times. "Crappy work. Better as a knife." he broke the blade, and it looked more like a blunt knife than a sword now. He walked back to the group. "Somethings amiss, that Hyena turned to shadows in front of me. Anyway, can i have me book now?"
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sat May 12, 2012 1:34 am

[Shenanigans! You can't just break a damned sword like it was nothing!!! They are made to NOT break...]

[oh, and Crow, a bit more content and believability, please. Explanations around your actions go a LONG way in avoiding conflicts like these]

Fera finally stopped losing her nerve and lunch, calming her trembles. Then she realized where she was, and just who was holding her. She backed away quickly, eyes wide.

Shade spread his hands innocently. "Sorry. I just wanted to assist. I have to sometimes help newcomers with squeamishness." Fera just looked at him, eyes wide.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Wed May 16, 2012 3:59 pm

The wolf shouldered his pack, after stuffing everything into it this time. He turned toward the summit. "Let's move please. I'm already tired and if I don't get to sleep soon, someone is going to have to carry me." The wolf looked up, not far ahead. It was a small cave, similar to the one he lived in, in the Artic lands. He was so close, and the way the weather up here was, it felt like home. He moved forward, slow enough that the others could keep up. He reached the cave, peering inside. Even in the gloom, his vision was good enough to see nothing inside but dust, and rocks. It wasn't entirely one piece, but it was sturdy enough to not collapse with out a lot of warning.

As he turned back, he watched them coming on. He figured the bird would only keep trying to get the book back, so he reached into his bag. pulling it out, he took the few moments he had to read over it. It was his friend's writing for sure, but it was in Infernal Speech. Only a handful on this realm could even read the language, let along understand it. As the wolf closed the book and slid it back into the bag, he pulled out one of the daggers he pulled from the mercenaries.

He looked to shade, knowing the demonic energy he had would serve well to protect them should the wolf fall. "Another crusade. At least this time I'm not sent to kill innocent lives." the wolf began to toss the blade up and down. His eyes were locked on Shade. He was waiting for the demon to look up, To see his gaze and understand the meaning that only another like himself could. To see the lust for blood in his eyes. The battle light that wouldn't be quenched until the wolf had literally ripped an opponent apart with his bare paws. The wolf was a warrior born, and a monster at heart. He was cold as the lands of snow he lived in, and hard as the rock they walked on. Deep down, he was as evil as any demon that existed. He knew Shade would see it for what it was, and would know him as kindred spirit. The wolf was in it for the long haul now, and he knew that sticking close to shade would both, keep him alive, and get him killed. The ferret poked it's head from the bag, squalling and chattering; complaining about the cold.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sun May 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Mark looked up at the cave, noticing a small area just above the entrance. Approaching the side of the cave entrance,and, strangely, keeping his left forearm held against his side, he began climbing up, pausing at certain points to make sure of his next grip. After awhile, he had reached the top of the cave entrance. It overlooked the path they came up, and gave him a beautiful view of the sky. Nestling down in it, arrow resting on his bowstring. It was obvious something had gotten to him, but it wasn't just the killings and his hesitation.

The Crow
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow » Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 am

Jack followed them to the cave. "Can I at least look at the book?" he inquired, picking up and breaking off branches and dragging them with him.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Tue May 22, 2012 4:20 pm

[Crow, that last post didn't meet the requirements for length...]

Shade looked at Amadeas, and indeed he knew the feeling. He moved over, and said quietly, "Be careful it doesn't consume you. Greater men have fallen prey to need for battle. We will need all.." he paused and looked at Jack. "Almost all of us to get through this. Especially since magic has no use on out enemies, it seems."

Fera had come into the cave, still in shock, and curled up in the corner. The Hyena was not used to battle, and this was her first kill.

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 am

The wolf nodded and looked to the scrubs around the cave. "I'll take care of this. We can rest here for a day or two. The mountain will hide our presence long enough for us to gather our wits. Besides, the storm will hold us here for a while yet. And even with magic, nothing can survive a blizzard like what's coming." The wolf stepped outside again, "Mark...Storm's coming. get inside. I'll deal with the fire wood and entrance." If he listened, it was his own accord. The wolf was only there to preserve himself now. Though, he did worry for the two younger ones. They were not used to this. It made him worry.

The wolf walked down the mountain a bit, grabbing several bushes by the root and ripping them up. Bringing them up to the cave entrance, he started to stack them up so that there was only a small space where they could come and go, and that wind couldn't get in. He used others to make kindling and wood.

It took him an hour, but he finally got it done. Brushing the snow from his thick fur, he walked to the center of the cave and sat down. making a small fire, he looked around, and spotted Fera in the back. He walked to her, taking off the extra furs he had and wrapping her in them. "COme, the fire's warmer than a corner." He moved back, opening his bag and pulling out some food. Passing it out to everyone. He then brought out a water skin. "Not water." he warned. in the bag was home made brandy.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Fri May 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Mark waited in silence, watching as Amadeas walked down, still just above the entrance. When Amadeas was mostly out of sight, Mark drew back his cloak's sleeve. The underside of his forearm looked sickly. The veins could be seen, even from underneath his thick fur. All of the veins had turned black, and was beginning to spread farther down his arm, though slowly. Drawing a small vial from underneath his cloak, he uncorked it, waving it underneath his nose. The sheer potency of the concoction was so strong, it caused him to turn his head away, and cough violently. Looking back at it, he sighed, brought it to his lips, and tipped it back. He doubled over in excruciating pain. His vision blurred, his head felt like it was being crushed, and his lungs burned as if they were on fire.

Thankfully, the pain subsided a few seconds later, as he regained his breath. Thankfully, he had kept silent during the whole time. Looking at his forearm and parting the fur, he could see his arm returning to normal. "One out of five doses." he whispered, as he returned the empty vial back. Along his back, hidden by his cloak, four other vials rested, containing a blackish red solution. A harsh reminder of past events.

Seeing the wolf come back up, Mark climbed down from his perch, and walked inside, keeping his cloak raised up.