Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Rise of Anti-Magic [check discussion thread to sign up]

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Catalina Tamiko
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Re: Rise of Anti-Magic [check discussion thread to sign up]

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Amadeas took the hit, and did little more than turn with it. moving, he slung his sword at the door. With it buried in the door, baring it, the door itself began to glow. Then the wolf reached a paw behind his back as he moved to protect the others in the room. kept his stance, ready to use the last of his energy in this fight to protect them. Leaving the fighting for Shade at the moment. The wolf wondered if he should call for help. The one person he could trust. But Shade seemed more able to deal with this than anyone. The wolf wondered why the avian would grab a book from the small shelf, knowing the skunk kept little more than journals of his own life. And never did he record anything of value. Only things that would interest a person enough to read a few passages.

The wolf was angered, however, that the avian had the audacity to steal from the dead.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

Sponsor

cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Post by cossant » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Hearing the scuffle, Mark's breath increased due to a sudden spike in adrenaline, added to the fact that he couldn't see. Great. I can't see, and there's a fight going on around me. How long does this blindness last? he thought.

Suddenly, Mark's body relaxed, his breathing becoming slower than it should have. Opening his eyes, he could look around the room now.

Only he could also see his own body. The slow rise and fall of his chest told Mark that he wasn't dead, but something weird was definitely going on. Looking around, he realized that everyone had a certain aura around them. Shade's was black as the night, along with the shadow he grappled with. Amadeus' was lighter than the others. "Strange." he said, though his body said nothing. Looking down, he realized his was in an ethereal form of some kind. "I swear, my powers get more unpredictable by the minute." he growled.

The Crow
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:15 am

"Grah!" shouted the avian shadow. The punches landed, but the crow managed to recover. He suddenly jumped out of the ground, spinning and attempting to kick Shade in the face. He then quickly melted back into the ground, and then jumped back out again. He was now cornered. "Don't make me do it!" he shouted, a scowl on his face. He was poised for what would probably be a fire spell, but the only one he could do in that stance is one to make a short spark. "I'm not gonna let my family's legacy die!" He clicked his fingers.

Anybody who could see the auras of the furries would have seen that something was drastically wrong with the crow. It wasnt that he didnt have enough power for a fire spell; he had too much. instead of creating a small spark, there was a massive explosion, almost completely destroying the house and sending the crow flying. He crashed a fair distance away, still clutching the now fairly scorched book, unconcious and badly burnt. "Mustn't... loose... omina..." he mumbled unconciously.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Shade turned at the last second, making the blow hit his chest, not his head. The Avian was able to go farther, though, and launch that spell. Shade knew instantly something was wrong.

The blast hurled him away, and badly burned him. In fact, half his face had melted away. When Shade stopped rolling though, a darkness covered that half. Shade stood quickly, hurrying to find that damned avian, most of his body covered by a strange darkness.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 am

Amadeas was subjected to the intense heat like it was a flickering candle. "Fire....idiot." He muttered. holding out his paws he absorbed most of the spell that came near him and the others. Protecting them. As he took it all in, he cracked his neck and waited. Shade could care for himself, but the others, maybe not. He turned toward them and watched them a bit. After a moment he let out a soft sigh and just turned back toward where the fools had unleashed that spell from. "Daft fool thinks he's playing with children. He's going to have to do better." Looking back to the others he asked, "Are you alright?"
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:49 pm

The explosion sent Mark's body in to the floor, and caused his ethereal state to fade, as everything around him went dark for a second. Suddenly, the heat of the fire became painfully obvious, and, gasping, he quickly found himself back in his body. Standing up, he sniffed a few times, before realizing his shoulder was on fire. Quickly ditching his cloak, he picked up a nearby book, and smothered the fire on his cloak. Sighing, he put it on. The shoulder was burned through, but the rest of it was okay, save for a few soot marks.

Looking up to Amadeas, he nodded. "Yeah. A little shaken up, but I can see again, at least."

Looking off into the distance, Mark scratched the back of his neck. "Either that guy's dead, or he's not gonna wake up for awhile. Think we should go after him?" he asked.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:58 am

The crow remained unconcious. Suddenly, some of his feathers burst aflame, but he did not seem to take notice, and for some reason they could not be extinguished. Even if he was thrown underwater, they kept burning.

[Next...]

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Shade was furious. Caring not for the flaming arm, he roughly hauled the crow up, and dragged him over to the others. "Damned idiot, we don't need more enemies," Shade snarled. He went through his pockets, until he came across a chain. He wrapped it around the crow, holding the ends of it.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:11 pm

The wolf waited until Shade had secured the avian. Then he went close and retrieved the book. "You know. I wonder why he would steal this?" He opened it, flipping through pages and reading it. Then he got an idea. He reached for his hook sack, picking it up and opening it. The ferret he kept as a pet popped out, chattering noisily. "Yea yea I know. Here. make sure this ends up where it should be." He dropped the book in the sack and watched as the ferret vanished in with it. Before long the ferret came back. "There. Now he shouldn't get his hands on it. COnsidering where I just sent it." Amadeas walked back to Mark. "You alright my friend?" He held out a paw to him to help him up.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Taking Amadeas' paw, he lifted himself up. Rolling his shoulder, he took note of a slight tightness near his neck. "A bit bruised up from the blast, but I'll live." Looking to Shade, he sighed. "You know, after being attacked by a shadow twice, blinded, and burned, I'm beginning to think whoever our enemy is, they have us pretty much out-maneuvered. May I suggest we find a place to regroup, maybe come up with a plan?"

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 am

The crow came to. The first thing he noticed was that the book was missing. He immediately became enraged at Amadeas, despite not being awake to see him take the book. He leaned at the absolute edge of the chain. "GIVE ME THE BOOK!" he shouted, not noticing his flaming arm. He continued shouting, and the flames on his arm shot out like spikes, going from red to an intense blue and then green. The chains began to melt where they touched or were near the flames. "GIVE ME THE BOOK!"

~ Me.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:44 am

Shade grunted, transferred the chain ends to one hand, and grabbed a vial of... something... out of his clothes. He quickly poured the vial over the chain, and it stopped melting. He then hit the crow over the head with the vial. "SHUT UP!" He yelled at him. He then gave him a jab in the kidneys for good measure. "We really could use that safe house, anyone know of one?" He asked. The darkness lifted from parts of his body, showing repaired skin with already sprouting fur.

[Woops, forgot all about Fera...]

Fera, during all of this, had been cowering in fear of being hurt. She was NOT a combat person, she was an illusionist. The blast had pushed her away, but she had managed to roll.

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Amadeas grinned. "You'll have to get into heaven to get the book back. And There is only one of us that can get you there. Considering you stole the property of my friend, I'm more inclined to tell them to destroy the book, than hide it." After speaking the wolf brought up his paw and motioned to the mountains. "You want a safe house? Nothing safer that the place no mortal can go without the hand of Avia on his shoulder. Those mountains are hell on earth for anyone that doesn't know them. And with a little luck, the weather up there will be blindingly cold."

The wolf them patted Mark on the back gently and moved to Fera. Holding out his paw he whispered soothingly with an angelic tone. "Shush little one. You are safe. The fighting has stopped. Come now....you are unharmed."

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Looking at the thrashing crow, Mark crossed his arms, shaking his head. "Take my advice, pal. Both of us are outclassed by these two. Just calm down, and see where this leads. It'll be a lot easier." he advised. Looking over to Amadeas, he lowered his head a bit. "Okay, that's great and all, and is probably the best shot we have, but two things bother me. One, we've seen what this guy can do. He's given us the slip, killed someone, and basically left us hanging over a fire. I don't think mountains are going to be too much of a problem, unless it has some type of divine angel magic thing or whatever that protects it. And second, if we need your help to get there, wouldn't that mean that we'd need your help to get out?" Shrugging, he sighed. "Just my thoughts. I don't have a better idea, so, I'm good with the plan."

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:07 pm

"I stole from your friend? THAT BOOK IS ALL I HAVE LEFT OF MY FAMILY YOU IDIOT! HE STOLE IT FROM ME! GIVE IT BACK!" He shouted, reaching for the bag.

~ Me.