Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A New Beginning (Open)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Aeternae
Peasant
Species: Raccoon

A New Beginning (Open)

Post by Aeternae » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:48 pm

The tavern itself wasn't much to look at. A simple, weather-beaten sign hanging over the door proclaimed the establishment's name to those who passed by it: The Huntsman's Quiver. Residents of the nearby town of Kassel knew it for its reputation of fresh fish caught from the nearby river, always well received, which served to counterbalance the grumbled complaints of overpriced mead. In spite of those murmured criticisms, more than a few times was the common room filled with various anthros from various walks of life. Here, a worker and his friend relaxing after a hard day; there, a young scholar seeking to get away from the books. The floor above this area holds eight rooms for weary travelers, at a rather affordable rate.

A cursory glance of the common lounge found a few tables scattered about, the room surprisingly bright even on this bleak evening. The crackling of the fireplace, coupled with the sound of a soft rain outside, filled the air with a sense of comfort and ambiance. Soft conversations add a low hum to the atmosphere, each table holding a few friends or new acquaintances discussing their everyday lives, with the exception of one such table.

Aeternae sighs quietly to himself as he looks around the room, draping his cloak over the chair behind him. The raccoon opted for a vacant area near the warmth of the fire, to fight off the chill of the rain. He settles himself in, his six-foot-two frame somehow compacting itself enough to fit between the chair and the table. Those discerning silver eyes take another panoramic view of the room, the light from the popping flames giving his mahogany fur a certain shine, as though he were illuminated from within. The procyonid slides his chair a little closer to that wonderful heat, silently thanking the staff of the tavern for helping him dry off; gods forbid his lilac shirt and tan trousers shrink from the moisture.

Once he's secure and settled, he waves over a young barmaid, a cute vixen who appears to be around eighteen years of age. Only slightly older than I am... With a quick shake of his head, he places an order for some hot tea. As the girl walks away, his ears perk up and he turns toward the door, waving over at the entering figure. A large smile spreads across Aeternae's face as he rises from the chair, those eyes shining brighter still at the thought of some company. His baritone voice rings out across the room as he calls out, "Come, friend, do not leave a lonely traveler to his boredom. Drinks are on me, pull up a seat!"
My character: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6138

Imperio absenti, chaos regit.

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: A New Beginning (Open)

Post by Asyriel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Natsuki grumbled as she pulled her cloak tighter around herself. "I hate traveling in the rain" she mumbled as she finally found the building she sought...the huntsman's quiver.

She stepped into the warmth of the common room to be greeted by a voice from near the fire, another traveler. she looked around to see if there was someone else entering behind her, but upon inspection of her surroundings, she decided that the raccoon was indeed addressing her.

The vixen smiled as she pulled down her hood, revealing her black hair, and the three silver hoops in each of her ears. her blue eyes reflected the light of the fire as she approached. Though she only stood just over five foot tall and had a small frame and lean build, she moved with the grace and preciseness of someone trained to fight.

"hello there" she said in a voice smooth as silk as she reached the table the raccoon sat at. "so what's this I hear about free drinks?" she asked as she set her pack on the floor, and removed her cloak revealing well tailored, if somewhat well worn clothes that fit close to her body. She draped her cloak over the back of a chair and sat down. "is this something you do often?" she asked as she settled into the chair, and stretched her wet feet toward the fire to warm and dry them. "I hate walking in the mud" she muttered to the air. then turned her attention back to the raccoon "name's Natsuki" she said with a smile, and offered a paw.

Aeternae
Peasant

Post by Aeternae » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm

The procyonid's grin only widens as another chair is occupied. He shoots the vixen a cursory glance, finding his eyes drawn to her earrings in particular; almost absentmindedly, he reaches down and twists the bone ring on his left paw, before realizing he'd all but tuned out what the vulpine was saying. He hastily grasps the other's paw, shaking it firmly. "Natuski, is it? A beautiful name...I'm Aeternae. Pleasure to meet you. And yes, free drinks." Aeternae raises a paw and waves over a lupine barmaid, but judging from her reaction, it'll be a while before she makes her way over.

With a soft sigh, the raccoon returns his gaze to the vixen, his eyes glittering with excitement. "As for your other question, I only offer free drinks when the mood strikes me. As it is, I've just had a rather lucky...find, shall we say. My job turned a good profit, and I feel I should share the wealth. So here we are, a table for five, albeit only two here present. Shame, really...but I fear I ramble. So tell me, miss: what do you do for a living, hmm?"

Before she can reply, however, Aeternae grins and raises his voice once more, addressing the entire tavern. "Oh, and that 'free drinks' offer applies to anyone else here willing to keep me company. I'll even extend it to meals if you so desire..."

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Enathari was amused at this raccoon's announcement. Not one to pass up a good drink, the Skin Avian Bluejay stopped his playing from the corner. The people around him groaned and tried to persuade him to continue. But he just kept packing his flute away. He then stood and brought his flute and harp over to the table, his sword hanging at his belt. "What's this I hear about free drinks? I might take up one of them."

He sat and said, "My name is Enathari Songweaver, though I am called Weaver or En. Some call me 'That Damned Bard'." En laughed, a short sharp noise. As he spoke, various images popped out in front of him, mainly of him.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Aeternae
Peasant

Post by Aeternae » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Aeternae chuckles to himself as he looks over the avian, watching him settle in with great interest. He hasn't seen many avians in his young life, so the opportunity to get to know one prompts an immediate reaction. "Ah, pleased to meet you, En. I go by Aeternae, though friends may call me Aeter or Aet." He offers a playful grin to his newfound company, leaning forward slightly in his seat. "And I daresay sharing a drink or meal with someone is enough to earn my friendship."

The raccoon barely reacts to the images appearing before him, meeting the bluejay's eyes with his own shining bright, curiosity illuminating their silver hues. "Songweaver. A fitting name...you certainly seem interesting. I would love to hear how you came to become a bard."

He smiles warmly and turns back to face the vixen, a light blush coloring his face. "Ah, but I forget myself. Sorry, milady. By all means, do tell what it is you do to earn a living; I assure you, I am all ears..."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Natsuki smiled, "thank you" she said in reply to the compliment about her name and had been about to continue when Enathari sat down at the table. She listened as the jay spoke, but was quickly distracted by the images floating in front of the avian. she frowned a moment, and stuck her hand into one of the images and moved it around as if trying to disperse the image. as she moved her hand the image seemed to be drawn into her hand. "sorry she sighed...I mean no offense, but that can be a bit distracting when trying to carry on a conversation with someone." she said as an explanation for her actions.

Her smile returned as Aeternae addressed her again. "well, I'm a merchant...of sorts...as well as a musician" she replied "I do a lot of traveling" she continued. "how 'bout you?" she asked curiosity twinkling in her eyes as they met those of the raccoon. she found herself grinning as she was caught up in his cheerful mood.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:04 am

En chuckled as the images disappeared. "Sorry, I can't help that. My powers are either activated by voice or music." He then turned to listen to the two's conversation, politely waiting. "A merchant, as well as a musician? multiple talents, there. What instruments do you play, milady?"
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Aeternae
Peasant

Post by Aeternae » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Even as the bluejay speaks, Aeternae inclines his head in Natuski's direction, listening with rapt attention. He idly shifts closer to the fire and looks over the two, an eager glint appearing in his eyes; his voice gradually becomes more emphatic, clearly showing his youth. "A question I was about to ask, and one I open to you as well...En, was it? I find that in these lonely journeys, a musician is a gift from the gods themselves. Personally, I lack any aptitude for instruments, but singing I can handle."

The raccoon continues on, his expression becoming rather mischievous, although it retains his good nature. "As for what I do, my dear vulpine companion: I think we should leave that until you both answer, for my profession is quite different than a bard or a merchant..."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Natsuki chuckled as she turned her attention to En. "I play the violin, and sing" she replied "it's a good way to get a room and a meal, what about you...just the flute and harp?" she said with a grin.

She leaned forward over the table "so what is this great question burning at you?" she asked in dramatic tones a playful smile playing over her lips, wondering just what Aternae had in mind

Aeternae
Peasant

Post by Aeternae » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 am

Aeternae settles back in his chair, relaxing slightly as he looks over those opposite. He seems to hesitate over something for a moment, before finally speaking in a slow, smooth voice. "Well, you see, milady, you mention that you are a merchant and travel with a fair frequency. As a merchant, you must, therefore, have some funds. And our bardic friend over here can easily earn his keep in any inn he stays at, or perhaps as a street show." The raccoon sighs and averts his gaze for a moment, a tinge of embarrasment coloring his face as he resumes. "My profession - or rather, trade - is threefold. I am a jewler, I am a healer, and I am a thief."

He hastily returns his gaze to the vixen, raising his paws in a supplicant gesture. "Do not think ill of me, I beg you! I steal for the less fortunate. But the point remains that I am not suited for combat, and I grow lonely of traveling alone. I only intend to remain here for the night. So, I ask you, Natsuki, and you, En: will you be my companions from hereon out?"

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 am

En replied to Natsuki, "Flute, harp, and singing. Taught to me by multiple bards." An image of each briefly flashed in front of him. He then turned to Aeternae.

"Thievery is not dishonorable if done for the right reasons. I myself know a few good-hearted thieves. And I would gladly accompany thee on thy journey. But tell me," Enathari lowered his voice and leaned in towards the other two. "Know you two anything of those who Harp?" He used the secret code to find those who belonged to the Harpers, a group dedicated to fighting evil and righting wrongs. Enathari was in fact the second in command of that group.

Aeternae
Peasant

Post by Aeternae » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Aeternae leans in to hear Enathari speak, only to look him in the eyes, blatantly puzzled. "No? As I stated, I don't play any instruments, nor am I often found in the company of bards or others who are musically inclined...although I do thank you for agreeing to accompany me on my travels." He smiles sheepishly and offers a weak chuckle. "Especially since this 'free drinks' offer will deprive me of the little money I have left. Then again, it's usually a draw to gain a few friends, if only until the next town..."

He turns back to face Natsuki, his eyes gaining back their original luster as his smile grows even larger. "So, I have my answer from En...we're all ears. Address our friend, and then - I pray - you find favor on my question as well."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Natsuki frowned as she thought about both Aternae, and En's questions. She wasn't quite sure what to make of En's question, and a theif tended to be an honest merchant's nemesis...gods knew she had dealt with her fair share of would be thieves. She was silent, and chewed at the inside of her lip as she thought. after a long silence, she opened her mouth to speak. "I can't say that I like the idea of thievery of any kind..." she started her voice more thoughtful than scolding. "I wouldn't mind having company to travel with...provided you don't try to steal from me or involve me in any of your personal thieving endeavors" she said with a smile, then addressed En's question, raising an eyebrow as if to suggest that she thought there was more to the question than there seemed even if she was unsure of the proper answer. "are you asking about someone who plays the harp or harps as my old teacher did about my stances?" she asked, clearly not knowing what the proper answer to the question was.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 pm

En waved off the question. "Nevermind, I was only curious. It's a... Eccentricity I have. One of many, I might add." The way he spoke made the question seem insignificant. "But that was a good joke, milady," he added and chuckled.

Aeternae
Peasant

Post by Aeternae » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:02 am

The raccoon's grin only grows wider as he hear's Natsuki's reply, eagerly standing up and extending his paw once more towards the two. By now, the common room has slowly started to empty, and aside from another small group in the opposite corner of the room, the three are alone. His voice quivers slightly with excitement as he speaks, using his other paw to wave over a barmaid. "Then it's settled, the three of us will journey on from here until at least the next town. Perhaps longer, if you so desire. And you needn't worry, milady; I only take to give again."

The lupine barmaid comes over, introducing herself as Sandra and offering to take an order. Aeternae simply hands her a pouch full of coins, slightly open at the top; gold and silver coins can be seen shining through the top as he winks playfully. "Give these two a room, and one for me as well. See to all their needs."