Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

A New Beginning (Open)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Re: A New Beginning (Open)

Post by Kael » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

Enathari shook his head. "No, i need no room, The owner has given me a room for playing, which, by the way, I need to get back to currently." He went back to the corner, where there was a raised platform. He climbed up, and asked for a request. He heard one for the tale of Juma, a farmer known for killing a dragon. He grabbed his harp, and started the opening strains, hushing the nearby crowd. He sang, his voice creating images before him:

"I tell you a tale, so hear me through,
Of a farmer, so bold and true.
Juma was his name,
and he had no fame,
and that was how he liked it too."
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Sponsor

Aeternae
Peasant
Species: Raccoon

Post by Aeternae » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 pm

The raccoon simply shrugs, smiling warmly at the wolfess and gesturing that she may keep the leftover coin, before looking back at the avian and offering a bow of his head. "As you will it, my friend. Do as you will; but come morn, we must be off. There's a small village about two day's walk from here where I intend to earn some coin. Enjoy your evening."

Aeternae turns back to the remaining member of the party, adjusting himself beside the fire. By now, his clothes are dry and he's actually quite comfortable, albeit reluctant to end the night just yet. "So tell me, my dearest Natsuki, will you too leave me so soon, while the night is young? If so, I cannot blame you, but I fear my curiousity is growing rather quickly. Tell me about yourself, if you do not mind it." He chuckles to himself as he watches the avian start playing over in the corner, an appreciative smile on his face. "He does have some talent...regardless, milady. May I tease some further knowledge of thyself from you?"
My character: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6138

Imperio absenti, chaos regit.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Natsuki shrugged as En waved off his question a trivial, but her expression said she still thought there was more to it than he wanted anybody to know. She nodded as En excused himself to return to his playing for the inn and ordered a drink for herself before the wolfess headed off to get back to her work. "he dose have talent..I will give him that."

She turned back to Aeternae. "leave? I've nowhere that I need to be going....especially in this weather" she replied with a laugh. "Let's see...about me" she paused thoughtfully for a moment. "well, I'm from Domus but I've been traveling for the last nine years. I've been around much of the world. as I said, I am a merchant of sorts I buy and sell goods as I travel, but I also make contacts for exotic goods for my family's store back in Domus. I've been trained in the martial arts. I like rare steak, and the colors green and red and well..." she shrugged and chuckled a little "anything else you want to know?" she asked, her lips curved in a gentle smile.

Aeternae
Peasant
Species: Raccoon

Post by Aeternae » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 am

Aeternae listens with patience beyond his years, that amiable grin never fleeing his face. He rests an arm on the table as he thinks, biting his lower lip in thought; after a few moments, he replies - slowly at first, but as he gets into his story his voice smooths out. "The only other question I could think to ask is if you have the ability to use magic. Aside from that, it would hardly be fair to ask so much and reveal so little of myself, now wouldn't it?"

He pauses for a handful of seconds, before getting up and shifting over a chair - placing himself next to the vixen, as opposed to across from her. The raccoon lowers his voice as he continues. "Now, about me...I was born and raised here in Gawain, though I've never been certain of the exact place of my birth; my parents settled in Dausenau, though, so I'd assume around there. As stated before, the trade of the jeweler was my upbringing, and on my own time I sought the healing arts. But of course, you also know I am a thief; though you need not fear anything, those who hoard and amass wealth in excess may wake to find portions of it missing..."

With a soft chuckle, he returns his gaze from the fire to Natsuki. "Personally, I prefer grey and blue to green and red, prefer my steak medium-rare, and am more apt at dodging blows than trading them. Also, this storm ought to clear up by the morn; though the roads may be wet, we can still start our journey with reasonable ease."
My character: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6138

Imperio absenti, chaos regit.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:33 pm

"blegh...I hate walking in mud" Natsuki replied while sticking her tongue out the side of her mouth. "but, I do it anyway" she said with a chuckle. "magic, now that's a tricky subject.." she started in reply to Aternae's earlier question about weather or not she used magic. "I can use some magic" she said carefully "though I can't seem to manage any of the elemental magics" she smiled and her ears drooped a bit, leaving her looking a little uncertain as to weather she wanted to say more or not, unsure weather or not he had ever heard of her family's exploits in Gawain in the past...

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:47 pm

"Juma went away, alone,
hoping to get out of home.
When he was solitary,
He had to be wary.
For fools still came to harry."

Enathari finished this tale with a flourish and a bow. He then quieted the crowd, saying he was tired, and they looked sad, but satisfied. He then finally got back to the table. "Whew, that was a bit harder than normal. What did you do to my images?" he asked Natsuki. He was racking his mind for tales referring to this kind of magic absorbing ability.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate