Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Dark Iron Soldiure

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Re: The Dark Iron Soldiure

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri May 25, 2012 11:02 am

The Sun had set before Ivan noticed it. True, he was otherwise occupied with more interesting things than unchanging celestial events, but the realization surprised him nonetheless.
Keeping a grip on the crow's collar with one hand, he smiled acknowledgment of Natsuki's support while holding the other hand up for silence. Not that speaking would have long drowned out the thundering crescendo of iron-clad footsteps. The captain noticed the barricades going up on the houses in the street, and made to pull back the group into the doorway. He motioned the patrons inside to stay calm, more or less unheeded, as he took station by the door to keep a lookout.

The... monstrosity stood a full 20 inches over the not-inconsiderable height of the polecat. Not a scrap of fur or flesh could be seen beneath the black armor, and the battleax dwarfed anything of the kind Ivan had ever seen wielded. He was suddenly very, very glad that his mission was only reconnaisance.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri May 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Natsuk stood just behind Ivan, watching the behemoth that was the Dark Iron Soldier move into the town in front of them. he hadn't seemed to notice them, which was a good thing, and gave them the element of surprise should they decide to attack. She watched carefully, trying to gauge his speed and balance from his movements, as well as looking for any evident weaknesses and signs of magic.

"wonder how much of that he fills.." she commented quietly "and just how fast he is with that axe" she added

The Crow
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow » Fri May 25, 2012 9:25 pm

The crow grinned while he looked out the window at the passing tower of armor. "You beaut... The bloody thing works..." he mumbled. He then turned and tapped Ivan on the head. "There you go you bugger, thats the knight and I want my pay." he said, looking back out and grinning at the armour.

As the knight thudded down the street, he stopped out the front of the tavern. Something had caught his attention. He began to turn to face the barricaded tavern door.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat May 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Ivan was trying to judge of the same questions as Natsuki. Full plate was expensive enough; you saw it oftener on the knights of the Dukes than the royal troops, since the local treasuries didn't have to sustain large numbers. That was like no material he'd ever seen, and Ivan knew enough about magic to suspect that it might move by arcane means.

And then that bloody crow had to go and open his stupid beak! Was the bird trying to get them all killed!? Not only did he have the damn nerve to ask for payment with absolutely no services rendered, but at the same time, alerting the knight to their presence.

"Oh, you'll get yours alright." The polecat growled before snatching the back of the crow's jacket, pulling him out of the doorway to slam him down upon the floor. He'd have set to the guy hammer and tongs if it wasn't for the more pressing matters outside. Ivan directed a couple of patrons to secure the crazy bird before calling Natsuki over.
"Looks like we're confronting him early, any suggestions?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Natsuki eyed the crow for a moment before replying to Ivan. "well, if we live through this, we need to wring some straight answers from that crow...he know's more than he's told us" she said, referring to the mumbling the crow had been doing before he demanded his payment. "other than that..." she shrugged "I wish I could get a better sensing on just what kind of magic is involved with that armor" she growled "How fast are you, can you dodge?" she asked as a plan started forming in her head "if there is magic in that thing, and you can keep it busy....I may be able to drain the magic" she said quietly as she watched the giant suit of armor move toward them. She was beginning to wonder if there was even anything living in the armor of it it was just some sort of construct. "that's about all I've got at the moment...at least without knowing anything about the thing...I'll see if I can get around behind it. don't get yourself chopped in half..that would be a shame" she said, and flashed a grin before heading off quietly along the outer wall of the inn, moving out of the giant knight's line of sight approaching it's rear...

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Sun May 27, 2012 1:15 am

The crow was slammed to the ground. He was fairly light for his size, so was easy to lift. He shouted in pain. "What the hell was that for, he c-" Jack grabbed Ivan's shoulders and yanked him down, just as the Soldier drew back his battleaxe and swung with surprising speed.
The battleaxe struck the door and doorway, practically obliterating it and the barricade. A large chunk of stone flew over Ivan's head, and a chunk of wood planted itself in Jack's leg. Screaming and shouting ensued, as everyone raced to the back of the tavern, but the soldier took no notice. He stepped through the smashed doorway, only just fitting, his helmet scraping against the roof. He tilted his head down and seemingly glared at Ivan with eyes that couldn't be seen.

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon May 28, 2012 9:38 am

"Dodge? Not very fa-" Actions soon made words unnecessary, as the crow had to pull Ivan out of the way of the battleax. It's not that he wasn't agile, but the polecat was built and trained to stand fast. This worked exceptionally well when you had a unit in formation, and if you could just bull your opponent into submission if you were one-on-one. Here... not so much.

As the helmeted visage stared down at him, the captain's mind raced. *Never fought something bigger than me before... but I've been beaten before, so how-*
Ivan stood up straight again; Natsuki was sneaking round the back, unheeded for now. "Scramble to the bar. Get grease, oil, something slippery." The captain muttered to the crow. Some vague rudiment of a plan was now forming in the officer's mind...

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon May 28, 2012 10:54 am

Natsuki flinched as she saw the axe swing, and the damage it did to the inn. Not something to get hit by...damn he's fast, she thought to herself, going to need to hit the speed.

As she crept closer to the backside of the metal monstrosity now wreaking havoc on the inn, she used her spellfire to enhance her reactions. Her eyes glowed slightly as she used the power, and the world around her seemed to slow down as she reached out to touch the dark iron soldier. She readied herself to dodge as her fingers brushed the metal an contact was made. she wasn't sure how quickly it would notice her, but she was sure it would. As contact was made, any magic in the armor would start to drain...though how long it would take to drain it completely depended on how much magic it held...

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Mon May 28, 2012 5:31 pm

The dark iron soldier stood above Ivan. He growled a single word in a rough, metallic voice. "Leave." He then began walking further into the tavern, obviously going for his next victim. He hadn't noticed the magic draining from his suit.

There was a massive ammount of magic in his suit. As it drained, however, the metal went from black to purple.

Jack raced to the back of the bar and started looking. "Vodka, vodka, scotch, more vodka... Butter!" he tossed some butter at Ivan. "There's gotta be something else in here..." he mumbled, still looking.

~ Me.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue May 29, 2012 10:42 am

There was, of course, no possibility that Ivan would ever actually follow that knight's advice. Other than that one swing, the iron-suited giant hadn't done much to discourage the polecat.
Of course, the same might be said of our intrepid heroes. Ivan held his longsword ready, but he knew quite well that there wasn't much he could do with it. Natsuki's effort in draining energy also seemed to have little effect upon its momentum.

That left the crow, and Ivan had to admit that he was both surprised and relieved at the alacrity with which he followed orders. *Something might be made out of you yet.* Sure, butter was a little less than ideal, given how it splattered when he tried to catch it in one hand, and making a butterslide for someone actually walking towards it, with no hope for stealth, was not a pleasing prospect.
Nevertheless, the captain scrambled and smeared the butter on the floor, keeping an ear our for his two companions.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Natsuki silently cursed to herself. There was no way she was going to drain this thing in time at the rate she was going, and there was definitely no way she could store as much magic as was in that armor. She took a deep breath, and concentrated on increasing the rate of absorption she was pulling from the metal behemoth; hoping she wouldn't pull the thing's attention to her. As her body began to reach it's limit, blue bolts of energy crackled through her fur, and her body began to feel as if it were on fire. time to turn up the heat on this guy she thought to herself as she created a small concentrated jet of spellfire from the index finger of her free hand, the spellfire burning hotter than a forge fire, she brought it into contact with the thing's back plate as high as she could reach.

RavenFire487
God
Species: Canine

Post by RavenFire487 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Ivelese was one of many patrons in the tavern, who was now crowded in the back of the inn, in fear from seeing the solider destroy the door, barricade and part of the building "Totally should have just stayed in Domus." she muttered to herself "Nothing good ever comes from going on vacation." it was then that the wolf looked up and noticed the solider advancing into the tavern, her eyes scanned over everybody who was currently inside, trying to pick out who exactly the metal behemoth was coming for. She watched the three who weren't cowering in fear as they tried to stop him, but it seemed like nothing was going to work at this point.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Thu May 31, 2012 12:51 am

The Soldier instantly shouted in pain the instant Natsuki's flame touched his back. He stepped forward to turn around, only to land on the butter slide. His foot slipped, causing him to rotate quickly, but he only just managed to regain balance before falling over. Problem was, he was now directly facing Natsuki. He brought his battleaxe up, but instead of swinging down with the bladed side, he turned it 90 degrees, and swung it, making it look to be he was going to squash her. Natsuki, however, would've seen what he was doing; As it came down, a portal opened up on the side. He was going to teleport her off to some place.

Jack continued scrambling through the closets. He then found a flint and steel, and an idea appeared in his head. He found a bit of cloth, tore it, grabbed a bottle of Vodka and shoved the small 'fuse' into the bottleneck. He then lit it and tossed it at the soldier. "DOWN!" he shouted to Ivan.

~ Me.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Thu May 31, 2012 11:42 am

Truth be told, Ivan hadn't quite expected this plan to work out as well as it did. Credit had, of course, to be given to Natsuki, who poured in a surge of burning spellfire right where the thing could feel it. The timing was impeccable, too; right when the armored monstrosity's attention was grabbed, his black sabaton hit the butterslide.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to topple the beast, but it at least distracted it from its original intentions. Ivan had been about to tackle it, to take advantage of the momentary wobble, when he heard the crow cry out "Down!"
The polecat, true to his training, hit the deck. He couldn't see the bottle from his point of view, but he could see the portal opening up by Natsuki. "Watch out, portal!" He called.

(Sorry for not integrating you, Ivelese, but there's not much to work with yet.)

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Natsuki was a bit surprised by how quickly the metal behemoth reacted to her spellfire. So much for draining the thing...she thought to herself as it spun to face her....and now it's time to move.. she thought as she watched the thing spin it's axe and start ready a downward swing. She prepared to dive away from that swinging axe when she saw a lit bottle come tumbling in from behind Ivan, and a split second later caught something in her peripheral off to one side. Ivan's warning of a portal reached her and she decided her best course of action was to go forward. she dove into a roll between the Dark Iron Soldier's legs, as she rolled through, she kicked out behind her, aiming for the backs of the thing's knees. She rolled to her feet and spun to face the metal giant, a large ball of spellfire burst into life in one of her hands...