Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Rien
Thief
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Rien » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:15 am

Somerled shook his head and gave a quiet laugh. He paid the wench when she came and stood carefully to make sure he didn't knock anything- or anyone- over. HE gestured for Droy to follow and led him out into the streets. "An arrow through an eagle's eye? Pretty impressive. I'm not a bad archer myself. We'll have to see how good your accuracy really is. For now I'll just show you where the ship is. There are a few cheap inns down that way as well, mostly catering to sailors."

He led the way through the winding city streets until the smell of old fish and salt was nearly overwhelming. Ah, the docks. They turned a last corner and the harbor opened up in front of them. It held vessels of all sizes, ranging from fishing boats to huge merchant vessels. The red deer glanced down at Droy with a slight smile- it was an impressive sight if he'd never seen it before.

Sponsor
 

Triss
Spy
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 am
Gender: Male

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Triss » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Pattering along behind the larger taur, Dreumich stares shamelessly at the vessels as he looks side to side at them, ears folding back slowly as he sees the many vessels each of which could likely house every person in his home town and then some. The amount of wealth and the number of people present dwarfs everything the otter has ever known, and the fear nervously churns in the otter's features as the crowds get thicker the deeper in the district they are and the warehouses get larger the further they go towards ships capable of crossing the known world. The largest and deepest keeled ships of the line with wide arrays of siege weapons built into them, liners, and cargo vessels.

Hulled in deep oak and with her name recently repainted in a deep red the Lady's Fortune reads in Edwinian script, its heavy hull not yet laden the ship appears to be one of the newest and largest vessels in the harbor, not an ideally secretive vessel, but plenty capable of storing an excess of cargo.

Rien
Thief
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Rien » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Taking the otter gently by the shoulder, Somerled led him further along the docks until the reached the proud hull of the ship they were to sail on. This close to the water there was no crowd so he paused and pointed out the lettering on her side. "That's her name, Lady's Fortune, written in Edwinian script. She's the prettiest vessel I've ever sailed on."

Not quite sure what to do about the otter's growing uneasiness, Somerled turned him from the ships and pointed out the rows of buildings built close enough to the warf to nearly be on the water. There were seperated from the warehouse in a thin strip, distinguished by the way they were lumped close together and the brisk activity going on around them. "Those are the inns I was talking about. They're a little rough but don't piss anyone off and you'll be fine." He hesitated, then bent his torso slightly, resting both hands on the otter's shoulders as he brought his head down to Droy's eye level. "Think you can manage, Droy?"

Triss
Spy
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 am
Gender: Male

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Triss » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Looking rather indignant as the stag drops down to eye level, the otter audibly beats his tail on the cobblestones, "I don't pick they fights, some people just don't like peasants!" looking towards the buildings the otter nods nervously as he calms back down, "I think I can...if it's like the story and you just rent rooms I dunknow why I would have trouble." Shifting his pack as he steps away from the other mercenary, Droy doesn't wander far, sticking close for the moment, too nervous to dash off without the taur yet, he watches the crowds. "Where do you bathe in the city? there's no rivers or streams to get the water from." the fact dawning on him rather rudely.

Rien
Thief
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Rien » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 am

"Well, then maybe you should stop acting like a peasant and act like a mercenary with a job." Somerled said back primly, straightening up. He strolled through the crowd, moving slowly so Droy could wander and look around and still keep up with him. He gave a half shrug, figuring the otter would be able to manage well enough in finding a room. The baths however, he certainly could help with.

"Well, some people just order them to their rooms in the inns, but that gets pricey. They don't have a tub big enough for me anyway, so I usually go to the public bath house. It's cheap, and pretty nice if you ask me." He didn't mention the occasional perk of picking up someone equally frustrated from a long day of work or travel who was happy to sneak off into one of the private rooms that wasn't being used and have a quick romp.

Triss
Spy
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 am
Gender: Male

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Triss » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:57 am

"Oh..." flinching at the accusation of him acting like a peasant being the source of his problems, "You can stop acting like a peasant even if you are one?" Soaking in the information about the bath house and watching the passers by with growing anxiety as they pass through a surge in the foot traffic, huddling close to Somerled's haunch Droy continues to follow close. "What of stranger's watching you there?"

Stumbling sideways on a loose cobblestone the small otter runs nose first into an overlarge dock worker before stumbling into the buck-taur as he attempts to regain his balance, taking some shouts of anger from the worker as he attempts to hurry along and avoid the ruckus.

Rien
Thief
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Rien » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Somerled shrugged. He'd known one or two men who'd worked their way up from a similar position. Most were killed before they had a chance to get the experience they needed to survive. "Once you're cleaned up and you get some real clothes, you'll be surprised at the small difference it makes." Of course, keeping his mouth shut would probablly also keep people from realizing that he was rather woefully ignorant.

"They seperate the women and men, what does it matter? No one really cares, they've all seen it before." He stopped when the otter ran into the dockwork, his hooves clattering on the cobbles as he shifted so he could catch Droy's shoulder, pulling him close as he called a couple return insults back to the dockworker. As the worker went back to his business, unwilling to get into a fight with the large taur, Somerled glanced back to Droy. "You know, at this time of day there probablly aren't many people there, and it would be nice to get out of the crowd and relax. I'll show you where it is."

This time Somerled kept his hand on the otter's shoulder, keeping him close as they wove through the crowds toward the bath house.

Triss
Spy
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 am
Gender: Male

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Triss » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Nodding happily the luturine skittered on his way, eager to explore his new life style and stop 'acting like a peasant' and fairly sure that the first step by the experienced mercenary's measure would be cleaning off the filth of travel that had built up in the last several hard weeks, particularly the last where the welcome wash of rivers had been denied to the otter. "I would like to escape the crowd, they seem to wish we weren't here as if by being we are in the way."

After a few wanderings and turns but not near so many that the mustilid feels lost Droy happily buys proper soaps from the near vender, picking one with rose petals at an attempt at not choosing the cheapest and most peasantly of the items and purchasing his bath with some excitement. The prospect of being clean and being in clean water doing amazing things to the otter's oft worn on lately spirit.

Rien
Thief
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Rien » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:06 pm

After they purchased their soap and chits for the bath house, Somerled turned Droy away from the doors, shaking his head. "Hold on, the inn I'm staying at isn't far away. Its best to not take anything into the bath house you wouldn't mind losing."

The inn was only a short walk away, and his room was on the ground floor, one of the few offered in the city. It cost a bit more, but he'd pay the extra when he had the option to not climb stairs. He opened the door and gestured Droy in, relieving himself of his own extraneous gear he'd been carrying and the little money he'd had with him, stashing it amongst the other gear that littered the otherwise unused bed. "Just stash them somewhere and we'll get back to the baths."

Triss
Spy
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 am
Gender: Male

Re: Der HurrikanKurs (FFA, check the rp plan first though!)

Post by Triss » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:03 am

Piling his things up swiftly the mustilid doesn't take long, he just doesn't have much in the way of 'stuff'. Things acceptably stowed and stacked they both leave the otter smelling the bar of soap with a strong measure of excitement along the way. "Why does soap have to smell so nice if it's expensive...it makes it seem like it would be nice to eat...but I'm fairly sure it's not." The luturine nimbly dodges and twists as he almost runs into a larger fur on their way out of the bath house and then they wander in, the attendants point them to the newly prepped baths before leaving the two to it, the bathhouse empty save for the two mercenaries.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest