Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Day after the End of the World (Private)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Kitsunegami
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Re: The Day after the End of the World (Private)

Post by Kitsunegami » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:11 pm

((OOC: I'll have a profile for the staff member I'm putting in this post soonish, lack of sleep this week has my mind a bit frazzled right now.))

While all the fuss of the day was being focused into the Octariot meeting, a peculiar figure was walking along the new road that had been cleared through the muck. It was approaching at a steady pace, but paused around halfway between the exterior wards, and the outer edge of the muck. To any furs watching, what followed would look like sheer madness. The figure turned from the road and walked to the side of the path, and knelt down, seemingly inspecting the corrosive sludge. After several minutes, the figure walked several yards into the muck, and reached down into it, and pulled out what appeared to be some remnant of the battle.

It defied logic, what this figure did. Any fur that touched it would have been swiftly, and painfully dissolved by the sludge.. However, this figure just walked into it, then walked back out of it seemingly unphased...
================
Inside the chamber with the Octariot, packed from wall to wall, a quantity of water began to flow up the wall and form a pool above the center of the audience. A serpentine figure drifted up one of the streams of water into this pool, "If a position needs to be filled, I will take up the role if needed." a gentle voice flowed from the pool. "Professor Undine, Senior Enchanter in charge of Field and Exploratory Magic."

She looked at the various options presented for ways to deal with the muck, "There should be consideration put forth how this material will affect the land it is used on. If it becomes uninhabitable, then the land becomes worth less than the resources put forth to save it. Would we truly consider destroying entire ecosystems just to save time and effort? What happens if this sludge invades the water table? It would make all water it contacts unusable, ruining all crops, and killing any who drink it. If it is to be used as a weapon, we must have a way to contain the effects exclusively to our desired target." the voice flowed from the coalesced pool once more.

It was then that the wards began to alert the University to a powerful presence at the University gates.

Sponsor

Rainwhisker
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:15 am

Feres' idle moments and spectating were once again interrupted - this time by the foreman from before. He shrugged, looking at the current discussion that could become heated in an instant. One never knew with scholarly types pitted against the proud rats. "I've got my own ideas, but they would be more than likely be shared by one of the minds already there."

His ear flicked to Prudence as she spoke, as if on cue. He nodded to the foreman, motioning to her. "See? Exactly my point." Half his attention was divided between foreman and debate at the moment, not having expected someone to strike a conversation with him. "I don't know about the worms, though." He added. "Not quite sure what she meant..."

Feres looked upwards as a pool coagulated, eyes widening. The figure creeping out began to speak, and the lynx was startled, if not amused. A smile crept up his muzzle at the thought, then Undine spoke her wisdom. He couldn't help but nodding in agreement, unsure why he didn't think of that.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Professor Undine having been appended to the nomination list, the discussion proceeded.

"The University has no objection to naming the highway after Jyya. We all owe much to her sacrifices." Dr. Martin could not help but look at Marcus when she said that; her look was too brief for him to have been able to read the real meaning in it, but he could tell something significant was there.

The subject of reasonably less controversy gotten out of the way, the floor was then opened to further discussion of the uses of the muck. The discussion seemed fairly divided between the agriculturalist party with their plans of plants and earthworms, and the alchemist party with their plans for weaponry. Dr. Martin herself didn't think Marcus' objections quite so naive as Antinom seemed to, but Professor Undine was able to put the case with sufficient eloquence without the badger's interference.

Zechariah spoke up then, with a clear and academic tone, but with a voice that resonated, and tended to discourage interruption. "It is true, that the muck considered as a resource is fairly abundant; more than enough to fit multiple purposes. The best way to consider it, however, is in the context of a long-term campaign. Much of the land outside was used for growing food for the University and Town; if we do not act to restore it, we shall be facing a shortage of food. That we must consider as a first priority; that either the land must be restored by transforming the muck, or the muck must be made into a tradable good that can be used to buy food, until such time as nature and earth magic can restore the bared earth."
The Dragon held up a finger, signifying that he'd made his first point. "Weaponry and tactics are secondary to logistics in war; any competent general will tell you that. Now, Undine raises a cogent objection, but not an insurmountable one. If the agriculturalists can find a way to clean up the muck, environmental effects can be effectively mitigated. It is Marcus, as I believe he is named, who has put forward a more pressing question."
The second finger went up. "The fact that innocents have already died from the atrocities of our enemy does not, in any logical sense, justify our committing them. Our own people have died to put an end to those powers which disregard such things; we do not disgrace the memory of our dead. On a more practical note, how does the honorable rodent think that a village will react if, during a conflict, a load of caustic mud is dropped upon their homes, friends, and family? Do you not see, my dear fellow, that under such circumstances, it would be fairly easy for our enemy to convince them to fight against us?" His voice was clear and calm, but the Dysuhlian ear would have been able to detect sarcasm in the tones.

Dr. Martin interjected, before any hullabaloo was to break out again. "In any case, under the present plans, the proposed weapon would have use only in repelling a massed assault, or in carrying one out. When we move against their manufactories, I foresee it's being used extensively, but not otherwise." The ward alarms started up then, causing her to look up in irritation. "Ugh, what is it now?" The Warden might have been able to answer that, but he was... no longer with them.

~***~

Kosygin, who was on gat duty that afternoon, called out to the figure when she began to depart from the path. "Hi! No! Don't go out there!" The figure seemed to disregard his warnings. As the horse looked on with increasing astonishment, she seemed to not be harmed by the muck at all. "Who goes there?" He called out, genuinely curious.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Sade
Dysuhlian >:C
Species: Toaster

Post by Sade » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:58 am

Feres had said something about another feilan making his point, but the rat foreman had been too overwhelmed by revulsion the moment his gaze had tracked the Lynx's widening eyes up to that… that vile thing, that grotesque slimy creature swimming about in magically levitated water. It was a knee-jerk reaction bred from generations of racism, but he'd held himself to be more open-minded than his peers, and he managed something of a humorless gravelly half-laugh at it's- at her concerns. "Look at that, a water creature worried about the water table…"

With few exceptions, the other dysuhlians did not find it funny. Fish were for eating, not talking. Antinom was one of the exceptions. He was not sure he fully agreed with the importance of ground contamination in this case- would the muck really seep deep enough to reach the water table? He'd have to ask the rat foreman- but he knew how to turn the opinion of his people to constructive ends. "Golem manufactories cannot function without clean water." He told the nearest rats and they passed it on. That did the trick. Engineering was in his people's blood. "Without clean water," he murmured to himself again, suddenly feeling ill at ease. The University's enemies were the ones with the manufactories.

Without warning that cursed dragon threw all the statesman's hard work under the golem, so to speak. Like his job wasn't hard enough as it is. He'd heard the sarcasm in the scaly's voice, and so did many of the others.

They were on the verge of another shouting match when the ward alarms started. Almost too eagerly, Antinom stood and shouted "to the gate!" It was… so depressingly clumsy, but it worked fantastically well. The great writhing mass of pissed-off rats turned and surged out the door, shouting and hollering and brandishing summoned weapons.

He turned his baleful gaze to the reptilian interloper. "Your peers described you as an able diplomat." Antinom saw no need to elaborate on the statement or even specify his grievance. He'd split his attention once again between half a dozen things as was so often required of him, out of which Zechariah was only one. He felt… tired; stretched thin. It showed on his face. He sank back into his seat…

"A village cannot be turned against us if we leave nobody alive." That was the lead rat alchemist. He hadn't been swept out with the other Dysuhlians.

Zodt, occupied till now appraising a bundle of herbs, glared up at him.

Antinom buried his head in his hands.

"Not a single warm body, nor a single corpse to be risen."

Kosygin was soon joined by a Dysuhlian who looked in no way even the slightest bit curious. The rat's appearances was no one-off fluke either. Dozens of them began showing up at a time, either climbing to the parapets or clustering immediately behind the gate for lack of knowing how to get to the parapets.

Kitsunegami
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:10 pm

The figure outside the walls responded to Kosygin by holding up what amounted to a pot full of muck, "Who is responsible for this. I could feel what happened here from my forest!" Whoever this figure was, she sounded exceptionally irritated. Something seemed peculiar, unnatural in the way the figure moved. If this was a fur, she wasn't like any fur Kosygin had ever seen before.

To an extent, there seemed to be many verdant qualities to what the figure was wearing.. If one could consider it for a moment, one might just say that the figure was wearing plant materials that might have been grown to fulfill that appearance.

((OOC: Arlune is in her most hardened and toughened form. She's essentially composed of hardwood and thorny vines/briar/bramble.))

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 am

Within moments of the ward alarm going off, Antinom shouted a command - and like that, the rats, and other fiery furs or those simply bored marched on out. Feres stayed, though his concern wandered for a moment if they were under another attack. Such a thing would be impossible, as they'd have seen them by now. He promptly shoved his cautious thoughts under the mental rug, not letting himself go into a long spiral of what ifs. He flattened his ears and sighed, just listening to the discussion continue.

He barely kept up with it all, tuning most of it out in a bout of inattentiveness, but the first thing he heard was the alchemist's suggestion. His ears sprang right back up, and let out a short breath.

In years of being an archaeologist's apprentice, Feres had learnt plenty about politics. He had no interest in them, and there were too many lies. It was too often that they'd find the skeleton some prominent figure tried to hide during their excavations or trips - literally and figuratively. A piece of a forgotten sin, or an ill-attained title. Being rich meant that his family would meet and greet some of these, and one never knew if they could trust every word behind their polished smiles. Batym was exceptionally good at that.

He shook his head, returning back to the talk. He loathed the alchemist's decision - it wouldn't reflect well on anyone's reputation, and there should be no half-truths or lies to the consequences of making such a decision. Even if it was likely easier to murder innocent villagers with a callous disregard for their lives to win their war.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun May 05, 2013 4:13 pm

It wasn't so much the crowding that Kosygin minded; after all, this was something of a remarkable sight. Any being that could walk on such muck without being harmed was worth study, and a crowd of curious onlookers was only a natural response. But this affected lack of curiosity was absolutely alien to all but the most intolerably supercilious in an academic community.
"Ugh, would it kill you to look at least a little interested?" The horse asked the rat, in the tone of one not really expecting an intelligent reply. More pressing matters were happening below, anyway.

"That is the result of an assault by the dark army of a necromancer. He lost. Now, Identify yourself! Who and what are you, and from where could you feel the magical discharge?" Arlune's aura was strong Earth-aligned, but not according to any pattern Kosygin had seen before.

~***~

It was Antinom's attempt to translate Professor Undine's concerns that highlighted to Dr. Martin just what was the essential difference between her people and his. Dysuhl was an Industrial civilization; it grew from the infertile mountains, taking it's life from the breaking of stones and the smelting of metals. The University had grown out of the Agricultural Civilization of Gawain, or rather, of Feila.
For the non-Dysuhlians, life came from the land. Cities were only the rarest and strangest crop that grew on fertile soil, and the ruination of the land or water meant famine and death. Sooner that the city should burn than the crops be ruined. For the Dysuhlians, it seemed, the city was the fundamental thing rather than the land, and the surroundings were to be considered merely as a means to produce them. If the crops were ruined, the city would send forth to find more.

With this flash of insight, came the process of testing the theory against the facts. The founding, expansion, and ultimate defeat of the Dysuhlian Empire was examined in the lens of this hypothesis, and it all seemed to fit together. *If I could get Antinom and Zodt alone for half-an-hour, we might get to the bottom of all of this.* The Dean thought, but remained silent. Other disputes were now filling the hall, and these would have to be concluded, or at least quieted, first.

Not that seemed to be likely to happen anytime soon, now that Zechariah had the floor. His gaze first fell upon Antinom, but he did not speak. He'd lived through most of the years the rat had spent in stasis, and in his early years as a diplomat, he'd felt stresses like that in trying to balance so many competing interests. Over time, he'd evolved methods to deal with it, growing from a simple cunning, to duplicity, to corkscrew wrangling with 9 points of the law, and finally arriving, in a roundabout manner, to a kind of straightforwardness. Part of this development involved no longer bending over backwards to accomodate furs and opinions, whether on basis of principle or practicality.

The alchemist, however, received no such empathy. The reptilian eyes which fixed him in his gaze were cold, but electricity could be seen sparking behind the retina. "I am the Dragon of the West. I have not forgotten what your people have done to mine, not even after a thousand years. You are asking my permission my permission to do it again." There was a pause, as the dragon wished that to sink in. "Leaving aside questions of basic honor and morality, in pure practical matters, your suggestions seem to assume that our enemy is incapable of providing his own corpses. The only way to keep him from getting his hands on any would be to liquefy the entire population. We thank you for your concern, but upon consideration, I decline to give your ideas any support."

With a sigh, the Dean turned to view the mostly emptied chamber. "Has anyone else have anything they wish to say upon the subject?"

Sade

Post by Sade » Sun May 05, 2013 6:06 pm

The rat alchemist opened his mouth as if to speak, but he said nothing. He was no fool. It wasn't even that he necessarily believed the things he had said, but having the last word was part of the game, and this Dragon had quite soundly defeated him. There was nothing he could say to regain the upper hand, so he stepped back from the conversation rather than add to his shame with an ill-begotten rebuttal.

Few Dysuhlians remained in the hall, and none of them were forthcoming with any new contributions to the conversation on the muck and what to do with it.

The affectless rat Priscus had been left behind by the mob, "I want to know about Vedicus' golem manufactories. He must have had the support of the local authorities to construct them. How were they persuaded to side with us, and can we expect them to be duplicitous in the future if they so easily change sides.

"I have read what there is to know about the manufactories in Kent and Rennes. The Kent manufactory is crude. The craftsmen of Rennes are skilled in their own way. I don't believe either of these sites could produce the more powerful weapons we faced a week ago. The four largest were not driven by Dysuhlian power sources, of this I am certain.

"We must find the source of this dangerous new power and destroy it."

Another attendee shouted another question on people's minds: what allies does the University have in this war, and are there any more forthcoming?

"My only interest is staying alive, horse," the rat snapped, "I've never seen a creature such as this. Is it a friend or a foe? Is it dangerous? Well? Ask it whether it is friendly!"

The rodent waited half-a-heartbeat and then shouted angrily down at Arlane, "be you friend or foe!? Surrender or be destroyed! And don't track mud back onto Jyya's road! It's new!" He turned to see the horse's expression of… general displeasure and took a guess as to it's cause, "fine, fine." He turned to the newcomer and tacked a begrudgingly shouted "please" onto the end of his demand, then turned back to Kosygin, "happy now?"

Kitsunegami
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami » Mon May 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Arlane had gained awareness over 1,000 years ago, and had interacted with rodents who behaved as the one who spoke out. They had given her cause to relocate many times before they seemed to simply vanish for whatever reason. She was not amused by the attitude this particular rat, but she really didn't care that much about an individual.

While powerful in her own right, she was no warrior. Her current form made her resilient and resistant to conventional weaponry, but she had seen what inferior equipped yet overwhelming numbers could to any force with superior power. "You may call me Mandrake, if you must." she said as she effectively sealed the muck she was holding. After a few moments, the coiled vines she had been holding it in seemed to writhe like a mass of snakes in a glass jar, squeezing tighter and tighter until they formed a hand.

She looked back, turning ponderously, toward the path she had taken. She glowed a faint amber before she swept it across from one side of the road to the other. What muck she had tracked onto the road was lifted and pitched into the rest of the muck into the reservoir of sludge while the muck that had been on her legs seemed to be absorbed.

Arlune looked back at the rat that had mouthed off with a seemingly happy now? expression for a couple of seconds before turning back to Kosygin. "So you say this was the doing of a necromancer, yet your walls are filled with rodents. Are you certain he has lost? I have dealt with vermin who behaved such as this in the past..." She paused briefly, glowing brightly, almost bursting with light magic before fading back to normal.

To those on the wall not looking at Arlane, something quite shocking would have been noticed immediately after her light dimmed. The horror of the past few days seemed to replay itself in reverse, at incredible speed back to the point of Telemain's return to the University. It took almost 30 seconds to conclude at the arrival of Telemain and company. What Arlane had done was access the very memory of the land, so that she could ascertain the events and find truth for herself. It was like a vast illusion on such a scale that anyone sensitive to magic in an unshielded area would almost be able to taste the energy used to cast such a vast spell.

((OOC: Arlane is standing almost motionless for those 30 seconds, and I figure that some of the rats might get very spooked by seeing the past week or so rewind in ghostly images. So anything other than her getting hit with fire is going to illicit little reaction from her until after the brief illusion.))

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 pm

(Oz asked me to post her reply until she can log in again)

Having said her piece, Prudence listened as the discussion grew in tension, despite the best efforts of the leaders of both parties. Finally, Antinom took advantage of the alarm wards and cleared the room. The old bird nodded at him, saying softly, “Well done.”

The osprey took neither side as Antinom verbally struck out at Zechariah, noting how weary both looked. The alchemist’s remark earned a withering eagle’s glare, but Prudence was distracted by the herbs in Zodt’s hand. Her gaze softened, and she drifted by muttering: “You take them whole. Most people put them in a salad of some kind—helps to cover over the bitter flavor.”

The Professor may have technically been an earth Mage, but nearly all ambulatory furs not otherwise engaged had been helping in the infirmary following the battle. In addition, the herbs native were to her first home—Piriqui.

At Priscus’s concerns about their enemy, many other furs began asking about allies—did they have any, and how soon could they be reached. “Who can say, friend? We have parties out soliciting aid, but who knows how son they will return? We have very limited means of contacting them.”

Crisena had been swept up by the mob charging to the gate house, but she managed to worm her way to the back, and slip away from the crowd, returning to her duties in the infirmary, while she still had them.

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Wed May 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Feres stood still among the discussion, which ended with the dragon's sharp rebuttal. The alchemist could not make a reply and stepped back. Curious and curiously still, this was historical territory out of his family's bounds. Gawain wasn't the easiest place to access, and at the same time, he heard nary a whisper about Dysuhlian history. Perhaps they were one of the many rumours, but only with changed names or vague abstracts. Or perhaps he didn't just pay attention when his father talked about them, or missed it when he skipped chapters.

Whatever the reason, it was beyond his scope. He purred contemplatively while he saw the discussion reach its conclusion. He didn't have anything to say, of course, so he just kept quiet. Amidst all this talk of warfare and power sources, he just remembered that moment of helplessness where he ran away from an unending horde during the battle. His fur stood on end as he recalled that feeling of weakness. How could he actually help? He felt irrelevant in the grander scheme of a war.

He snorted, opting to just see the meeting through till the end. His eyes caught Crisena walking back, and he simply flicked an ear, grateful to just see a familiar, friendly face.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri May 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Equines are particularly good at snorting in derision, and the rat received one of Kosygin's finest efforts. Honestly, the sooner the Dysuhlians could settle outside the University walls, the better.

Not that... Mandrake, as she seemed to label herself, was all that more kindly of a figure, but at least her irritation and irascible nature was reminiscent of a cantankerous professor. He'd been about to address her next question, when the plant creature decided to answer it for herself, in perhaps the most traumatic way possible. Everyone on the wall had bad memories of the past week; Kosygin himself was pale and sweating after seeing all the horrors of the battle trotted out before him. "As you... have seen, it is a long story. Do you want to come in to hear all of it, or are you content enough?"

~***~

The Dean was glad to hear that the debate over the muck was closed without recourse to fighting (which would not, in fact, have been without precedent in University meetings).

Moving on to the next subject, Zechariah took the floor after Priscus and Prudence had their say. "I have been away from the University, working on that particular issue, gathering both information and allies. For the manufactories first," Here he brought out a piece of parchment, upon which notes and a map had been marked. "The Kent site was sponsored by Lord Cyrus Evoncar, who had supported it in order to supplement his own forces in a bid to seize power after the fall of King Godric Manchester. An agent of ours, Telemain in fact, was instrumental in halting his advances at the battle of Sheringham. This failure was enough for another to reach the throne, from the house of Windsor. This is a stroke of fortune for us; the Central authority will provide an occupation force after the golem-makers are sabotaged. In Rennes, a similar situation prevails; a centralizing king can provide an ally against local authorities who have sided with Vedicus."

Another sheet of parchment came out now, showing a marked point in northwest Edwin. "We have not pinpointed the exact site of the third manufactory, but we do know where his new power originated from; it is classified as 'fey' magic, though it is only recently that any practitioners have come to our attention. It apparently comes in different varieties, and we are currently sending recruiting missions to all furs with any expertise in it. I passed a large procession of them, in fact, on the way. They should be arriving in a day or so."

The Dean nodded, "Well, that is good news at least. It gives a basis to plan our counter-attack. If our calculations on production capacity are accurate, Vedicus should have spent nearly his entire material assets on his assault. We will not long have an opportunity to catch our opponents on such a low ebb. The next order of business would be to plot these sabotage missions; I believe that Zodt is the one with the most practical experience in that manner present?" Dr. Martin ceded the floor to the jird.

Sade

Post by Sade » Thu May 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Zodt more or less crushed the herbs in her hands when the osprey told her how to take them, the rodent's face a mask of fear and anger. The secrecy she had hoped to maintain would fall apart if more and more people recognized the herbs for what they were. She was distraught enough to miss the rest of the conversation until the Dean called for her input.

The jird tried to gather her composure as best she could, standing to be seen and heard. "Dysuhlian manufactories are usually built from granite, metal, and wardstone. Fortresses they are not, but they were designed to last. However, they are not unlike most other things the rats came up with; filled with immense power, barely contained. Fire will not help us here: Rain and water will undue what they've built.

"Assuming our enemies followed the same design schemata as they did a thousand years ago, they will have built a dam up-flow from the manufactory to store water. The water collected from rain and other sources would pass through the dam in controlled amounts to turn the water wheels. The wheels themselves will have speed governors high up near their axles.

"We must accomplish three feats to destroy a manufactory. First, we need water. A lot of it. Mages must conjure storms to fill the reservoir behind the dam as high as possible. Next, we must seize control of the dam long enough to blow open all the gates. We cannot merely destroy the dam; we need to send the water down the channels as it would flow normally, but in excessively high quantities. Finally there is the most difficult and dangerous feat; we must sneak into or fight into the manufactory proper and disable the wheels' speed governors.

"Assuming we can accomplish all three feats, the excessive flow of water will turn the wheels ever faster, generating more and more energy in constructs designed only for so much. The excess energy will destroy the dies they use to produce golems, and the whole structure will begin to collapse.

"Some among you are averse to civilian casualties, even those necessary to achieve our victory and to you I say this; the destruction of the manufactory will kill a great deal of people. I cannot see a way to remove the workers without alerting security. We cannot trust our enemies to leave the site unworked at night. Perhaps another fur smarter than I can figure that problem out.

"There exists a fourth challenge; assuming we somehow evacuate the site without our enemies knowing, and that we succeed in all other areas, the destruction of the casting dies will most certainly alert them to our presence. It may also release enough energy to trigger a thaumatic storm, though this is not a certainty. Those who go in may have to fight their way out without the aid of magic, and if they are too slow, they will die when the manufactory begins to come down around their ears.

"The group going into the manufactory will need fit feilans able to fight using traditional weapons, and preferably enough non-magical healers to keep them alive until they can escape. We need people quick of wit who can think on their feet. They- we- may encounter things disturbing or unexpected once inside."

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Fri May 24, 2013 10:37 am

(Posting for Oz, as she can't log in still)

Prudence listened to the jird, taking in the strategy she presented. She had a thought, and, waiting until Zodt had finished speaking, she said softly but with authority, “One thing strikes me—as we have noted, the odd energy of the constructs coming from this third manufactory was remarkably similar to that wielded by our one Fey student—Kasha. Zodt, is it possible that whatever process by which they were imbued with this Fey has…affected the design of the building?” The old osprey knew that was not a clear question, and she shook her head. “What I mean to say is—there is a variable with this location. Would it not be best for someone adept at wielding Fey to accompany the group, in case their expertise is needed? Now, I know Kasha is who-knows where soliciting aid, and can’t rightly be called an expert, but Zechariah did mention a group of Fey users en route…perhaps they know of this, or one or two may wish to accompany us, if we think it necessary.”

Prudence knew she might have to explain her statement, so she fell silent, trying to form it in a more coherent fashion.

Crisena set to work as she had for the many days and weeks following the battle—mechanically, almost manically—doing whatever she could to stay busy, to not think, to not feel.

Orlando had been passing by the door when he saw her. He hesitated, torn between concern and fear of setting off an outburst. When a fur was this overworked and emotionally wrought, just one wrong world could produce an explosion.

His fear too much, Orlando turned to keep going, his tail drooping. When he caught sight of Feres in the meeting, he slipped in. Pulling himself together quickly, the beagle nodded at the lynx. “How’s the meeting going so far?” he whispered.

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Fri May 24, 2013 6:07 pm

The beagle approached Feres when he was trying to distract himself by watching Crisena get to work - he barely had any time to notice Orlando approaching. He snapped his attention to him, letting out a short, surprised grunt. "Oh," he started, flattening his ears with uncertainty. Funny how he had a grasp on the conversation above earlier, but it fell flat when someone asked him to revise - akin to a sudden quiz at school. "I think it's going fine. A bit tense here and there, but most of the anxious crowd's ran off when the wards were set off to investigate outside." he tried to explain.

"Right now they're talking about their next goal - where to strike next and how. They've got a few leading figures now, and...I think they were going to fix the muck problem by...hrm."

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!