Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Rise of the Knights of Valhall (Private)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant
Species: Wolf

Rise of the Knights of Valhall (Private)

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:14 am

(If you want a good idea of the basis for this rp check out this thread. http://www.feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6658 Pm me if you are interested in joining. Also its late so don't expect any answers immediately I am going to sleep.)

Fenrir had been setting up paperwork on purchasing a location in the Dresden Mountains. It had a large house built into the mountainside and was well hidden from a distance. It was perfect for a starting headquarters for his order. He had put up posters all over the city of Wizmar for a good month now. He was hoping news had also passed by word of mouth to people outside of the local area. He only needed a few people to get started on his grand plan to reshape Gawain. He just hoped by the time it all came together he did not have to sacrifice honor and principle to get the job done.

He quickly signed the last papers and left the coin purse on the table before shaking hands silently with the ferret in front of him and nodding his head before stepping outside with the deed to the home and furniture within. "Well that takes care of the headquarters and logistics. Now I just need to head to the rendezvous to see who is willing to at least try to bring some order to the chaos of the religious upheaval and spread of necromancy in this realm. If no one joins I guess I am just as useful as Edwinish sword on plate armor." He mumbled silently to himself as he headed down the street to the South gate. He took his sweet time and even stopped to make sure his armor was on properly before even making any real effort to get to the gate and the rendezvous point just outside near the Mystic Mist Inn. The thought of cooling off his face in the water of the stone fountain outside put a little zip in his step as he rounded the corner and went out the gate. He nodded and gave a quick salute to greet the guards who were posted at the gate who were friends from his days in the town militia.

As he walked through the gate and towards the Inn a short distance away he saw horses outside but no more than usual which did not help to make him feel any better about this working. He just shook his head and went inside without a single backwards glance. He took his seat at the back table and just waited for the the applicants to come to him if there was going to be any. The bartender just took his drink order and gave him his mead so he could sit there and at least enjoy a good buzz cause the way things were going in his mind that would be all he could enjoy for quite awhile.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

Jesus promised an end to all suffering. Thor promised an end to all frost giants. I don't see any frost giants around so that means Thor is better at keeping his promises.

My character in his insane detail. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6615

Sponsor

Ksaa
Assassin
Species: Dragoness

Re: Rise of the Knights of Valhall (Private)

Post by Ksaa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:58 am

"North, past the Dresden Mountains and Warthe River," she'd heard. She'd met a number of people that dislike her feral looks and rather foreign nature, and yet others that treated her no different than another around. Something nobody had seem to realize, liked or disliked, was she had no idea where the Dresden Mountains were, had by now passed many a river. She sighed and simply pressed north, figuring there would be an ocean if she went too far.

After this last river she'd flown by, she spotted a town in the distance, and winged her way over. "Maybe someone can give me some better directions? I've been traveling long enough!" She said, just as she touched down just outside the place. She was hungry and thirsty, although the cooler climate here kept her from wanting to get into the last river for a drink. She'd also spotted no animals worth her exercise in chasing. It wasn't long before the tinkling sounds of the local fountain drew her attention. Without much thought, she climbed over the walls of it, and took a number of good drinks.

After the last one, she cooed happily. What she had noticed in the background at the point was the sign. "Mystic... Mist... Inn...? Why would they want to keep mystic mist in there? Eh, these people are weird, either way..." She shrugged and hopped down, walking into the bar's cloud of smoke from the patrons. The smell, strong on her nose, made her cough a good bit. Hurrying over to a section where there seemed to be less; a table with few near and only one other sitting at, drinking something she didn't recognize. "Hello," she greeted the wolf as sat, promptly removing her log-journal and an ink well from a bag on the small harness she wore. Dipping a talon, she began writing in the claw-stroke symbols of her native tongue about the last leg of the trip so far.
~Ksaa

Characters

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." ~zen

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:05 am

"Hello there miss. What brings you to the mountains?" He said as he took a sip from the drinking horn. He was hoping she was here to join the knights but the way things were going he doubted that as the case. So he just continued to enjoy his drink and look around the Inn at the rather unscrupulous characters who were hanging about near the bar and the fire pit.

The whole day had been rather droll and he was hoping someone would get into a little trouble and make for some good entertainment. There was nothing like a good fight to break the monotony of a long boring day. Hell even if it was just a simple drunk stumbling into the fire again to get him a cheap laugh it would help to break the rut of boredom he had settled into after leaving the town guard and spending the last few months exploring Gawain and figuring out what he may be able to do to help people.

Now here he was stuck in the local Inn trying to get his idea going but with little to no success toward even getting the plan off the ground. He was even beginning to run low on the cash he had made from making weapons and armor for a group of mercs in Bayreuth. The money was enough to retire a rich man but he had goals in life that did not need money to make him feel accomplished. Now he just needed to get his ac together and get things started but that would require manpower which sadly he was in short supply.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

Jesus promised an end to all suffering. Thor promised an end to all frost giants. I don't see any frost giants around so that means Thor is better at keeping his promises.

materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Post by materwolf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Victor sat in the corner of the Inn, far from most exept one. Seems the local talk was he was looking for people to join his group for something or other. It didn't quite matter to him right now. What did however was the fact one of the drunkards had been making comments about his two wolf companions. The guy had finally had enough to drink to up his false courage-or genuine stupidity-enough to make his staggering way over, eyes targeting the wolves. He was slurring something and drawing a knife.
Before he could get close enough to do any harm, Victor's hunting knife blade clanged with the drunkard's. Instantly Victor had his hand around the drunkard's throat and in a calm voice said "That was a very stupid thing to do. I highly suggest you leave. Now." In a swift movement he flicked the drunkard's blade clean out of his hand and flipped the guy onto his stomach on the floor, arm twisted behind his back. Victor gruffed and let the man up, collected the offending blade and stashed it in his own pack. The two ferals settled down calmly after the tussle was over.
Victor glanced over out of curiosity as a green dragon entered. "Now that is something to peak interest." He watched as she coughed from the smoke and headed over to the other fur in the back. He turned and leaned in to listen. Even the ferals had their ears perked and attention locked on the dragon.
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:52 pm

"I was told to come this way. 'Past the Dresden Mountains and the Warthe River' they had said. It's just nobody will tell me where these places are." Her accent was certainly not native, and even slightly broken as if only recently learned. She sighed, continuing her writing with her talons. "There have been some very odd people around. Everybody seems to think me knowledgeable about the place. I just figured i'd head north till i reached an ocean, or even possibly reach back home. I reckon it's right north of here some distance around." She looked up and around, studying the room and it's people for a moment, then wrote some more. Likely she was writing about the very moment.

She stopped for a moment in thought. "Hey! you're being nice to me! could you tell me where Wizmar is? I've passed so many rivers already, and i'm not sure what's a mountain around here? I heard about the place! they have all kinds of magical lore there, they said!" She piped, rather excited at the latent realization, speaking rapidly. She coughed once more, the breath she took after exhausting it drawing too much smoke. She blushed in a bit of embarrassment after another thought, shown only as a light twinge or color on the tips of her scales. "Oh? i dare say! i'm so sorry, it's polite to exchange greetings, yes? What brings you here as well?"
~Ksaa

Characters

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:28 pm

"This is Wizmar though sadly most knowledge here is held in tomes or old books. If you seek magical knowledge the teachers here are few and already have apprentices. The only way to learn is through trial and error and good old fashioned study." He said as he heard a footstep behind him on the wooden floor that sounded as if someone was trying to avoid being heard. "Warrior it is best to avoid trying to sneak up on me when my weapons can sense your aura and tell me your there." He said as he looked over his shoulder with a glance before turning back to the dragoness in front of him. "And to answer your question I am here to recruit for the order of knights I am founding here in the mountains. I have yet to really find anyone who wishes to join yet."

The day at least would not continue to be droll. He at least had someone to talk to now though the man behind him made him very suspicious of his reasons for snooping. He then took another drink of his mead before sitting back and relaxing. "Now I have just one piece of advice. Beware anyone who offers ultimate power through magic. They are the ones who are corrupting the art with necromancy and evil magic." He said before taking out a paper from his hip satchel. "This least here has the name of every respectable mage within a good 50 miles of this city. They are the ones you can trust with your teaching. If you seek a more passive style I suggest trying to convince my father Harold to take you in as an apprentice to learn rune-forging." He said as he placed the paper on the table and took out a blank sheet. He then placed the blank sheet over the one with the list and waved his hand causing the text to copy itself and make a second copy of the page. "Here is the list if you need it." He said before pushing it across the table.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:20 pm

She took the paper, glancing it over with squinted eyes, turning it this way and that. She'd just learned the local speech, and still was having trouble with the written side. She rolled it, placing it in her pack. Her enthusiasm completely deflated by the news, she sighed. "Truly? all this way and for naught? Well, old tomes i certainly could get into. I read all the ones my clan and the others had... it's why i wanted to explore... This place is very much different than home."

She drooped a good bit, finishing her little section, and returning the book itself as well. "I'm aware of the need to temper one's magic and one's wisdom. It's taught to all that aspire any forms of magic in my home. Although we don't have much on Runes. Just that they are considered Foci- amplifiers- of a sort. or can be. What is a Rune Forger, may i ask? Also what are these knights your are founding?" She was interested in just speaking to someone at length as between the traveling and what she considered odd treatment left little for conversation. This meant she was doing little for private chatting "oh, also! can you explain to me why they keep this mystic mist in here? it doesn't appear so mystic. oh and you said your sword can sense things? that's interesting!" she moved, sniffing at the wolf, and in particular his swords, with little respect for personal space issues, and just as little warning. She sniffed the mead horn promptly sneezing at the smell.
~Ksaa

Characters

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Fenrir raised his eyebrow at the very weird way the girl was investigating him. "You have an odd way about you. And rune forging is taking a enchantment and binding it to a piece of armor or weapon through a rune such as the ones you see stamped into the blade and hilt of my sword. Writing the runes is the easy part placing the magic itself into them can take months or years such as with my sword and armor. Now my shield is the only piece of equipment that is not enchanted cause wood is not exactly a very durable material and is not good for the enchanting process." He said as he drew his sword and placed it upon the table. The runes gave an eerie glow as the gold used for rune showed themselves against the dull glint of the high carbon steel blade. "Just be careful you try to pick it up it will not budge cause of the enchantments binding it to me. To try would risk dislocating your arm or worse." The large wolf said as he then put it back in the sheath.

"Now then the question on this order I am founding has no simple answer for it will have many goals. First goal is to get the order up to strength. Second is to use it to bring some semblance of order to the way the mages are taught around this country. The current system here is not exactly doing its job. It is allowing dangerous magic to continue to harm the innocent while there is no group to police it. The third goal is to aid in preventing religious suppression by any and all churches or religious organizations within the country of Gawain. This could also be done to others outside of the country depending on the severity of the suppression and if what they are doing can impact us here in Gawain." He said as he gently played and pulled on the split braided tuft of fur upon his chin.

"Now this thing with the name of the Inn is a very easy explanation. First the mist in here is smoke from the fire not mist at all. Second they made up the name because of the city and its affiliation with the mystic arts. Third when you want a catchy name to attract customers you would make up anything to help business. Mystic Mist Inn is just a catchy name nothing more." He said with a smile as he considered the childish curiosity of the dragoness. The whole situation was very funny and reminded him of some kids that live near his father's house.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Post by materwolf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Victor stood and watched, listening the whole while. The two wolves he had with him took turns in their sniffing. The white one sniffed Ksaa, while the black one took interest in the sword and armor. Victor himself listened politely. His curiosity peaked as to why someone would try to essentially overthrow such a hard-set religion in their country.
"So why do you want to do this? Oh, and my two friends here don't show you to be hostile to me, therefore no hostilities will I place upon you. Tell me about the tasks you have ahead of you to do this. And do tell about these religions you dislike so much, why do you hate them so? Normally I don't ask questions about things like this. Usually I ignore them altogether unless something poses a threat to me or these ferals. But for some reason, this interests me greatly." He took a seat and bought another round of mead for himself and for Fenrir. "And what can I get for you, M'Lady?" he asked Ksaa politely.
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:27 pm

"Well the problem is no certain religion in particular but right now its the Trinitarian Church and the Iglesia del Santo Ratas. Recently there have been a few incidents in the country where they have fought both themselves and the local religions of Gawain. I am making an order to defend the people from religious oppression from any and all religions in this world even my own." He said as he looked down and clenched his fists as he remember the stories told to him by the people who had been the victims of these actions.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Ksaa sniffed back at the wolf, exchanging friendly greetings like only the two ferals can; the scents on another spoke more in greeting than any conversations could- health, traveling, and even family lines if one knew the person's area well enough. she inspected the blade afterwards, interested in the magic on it. "...can you get for me? wha? umm... i dunno? I was pleased by the local drinking fountain outside. This last leg of my flight has been distant with little to no prey worth the effort, and climate too cool for a dip."

She turned back to the Rune-Forger, interested in his ideals. "First, you are the odd one. all these places have been odd. Especially think you wood not viable for enchantment. Simply enchant the wood for better durability, yes?" To her, such an idea seemed simple; something her own clan did when in need of enchantments, although in defense they didn't use enchantments in any fighting capacity, she thought. "So you say this 'order of knights' is meant to protect others? what is it you mean by the system does not work here? to think about it, what system is even here?" She groaned, questioning with a certain exuberance. "Could you show me more of this Rune Forging? The system seems different than the limited lore my clan has. More like carving then imbuing than enchanting i think?" She sniffed at the sword itself, tapping the steel blade with her talons, the typical 'clank' resounding off it. She was rather impressed and enthralled by it. "remarkable... masterful..."
~Ksaa

Characters

SnapFreeze
Peasant
Species: Gray Fox

Post by SnapFreeze » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Sebastos, just returning from his out take to the mountains to collect materials for dyes, passes by the inn in time for a drunken wolf to come scurrying out with his tail tucked between his legs. "Now, whot could be happening in there?" He asks himself aloud. Sebastos' curiosity gets the best of him as he slinks across to the inn, pretending he's going to investigate some big situation. He walks into the inn and surveys his surroundings. The first thing he notices after flicking a pesky piece of hair away from his eyes, is a green dragoness sitting at the bar, surrounded by most peculiar company. The Grey Fox decides to approach the group, keeping a bit of distance, just close enough to overhear their conversation.
What even is normal?

My Character: Sebastos Soule:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6685

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:38 pm

"I prefer to remain unique. The reason wood does not work well for my type of magic is cause the energy must be housed in a solid of great strength such as a metal. Wood would just turn to ash from the energy placed into the material from the process I use. Even a simple enchantment to harden the wood would do nothing cause the process changes the material itself. Now the knights would be used to police religious affairs and magical crimes. They would also be the basis from which to begin a school the teach people on the proper forms of magic to use that do not ruin other peoples life just through the use of said magic." He said as he smiled and gripped the hilt of his sword the cool metal and thrum of the energy in the metal.

"If you wish to find out more I have a headquarters in the mountain that has been supplied and is ready for use. It is what I was planning on using as the base for the knights. The knightly order of course is open to all types of fighters mages, rogues, warriors, chevaliers, and whatever else you could possibly come up with. The only people banned from joining are necromancers and assassins." He said as he pulled out a map of Gawain. He put it on the table and opened it. "Here is a map it should help you miss." He said as he pushed it toward her.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:33 pm

She took the map, rolling it out, and peering it over. She compared it to her mental map of travel as best she should. "Wow.. yes many rivers and mountain-hills." She used her talon tip to dot lines of places that seemed familiar. She truly had just flew over most of Gawain in search of Wizmar and extremely vague 'north, past a mountain and a river'. "Truly! thank you! nobody has treated me this well since I've left home! Also, you don't simply enhance the natural qualities of the wood, but replace it? Again, you think me odd?" she gave a bit of a chuckle, her thoughts rather random in all her excitement as of late. switching subjects once again, "So you basically wish to create group that teaches proper, safe magics, and allows better access than which exist presently? Well, i must say, i dislike the fact i presently am unable to study at the moment. In my own clans magic is able to be freely studied, although we are careful to practice safe use and balanced applications. Any power able to disrupt the harmony of nature endangers all with it's use."

She gave it a deep thought for a moment. "...Then would you mind if i asked to join? this sounds like it could be fun! Maybe i'll learn a good bit on the way, yes?" She nodded factually with the end of her statement, a happy, almost childish grin. her stomach grumbled as if trying to break the mood, and her grin turned to a sudden frown as she laid her head to the table, moaning. "But have you perhaps hunted recently? this travel has left me starving..."
~Ksaa

Characters

SnapFreeze
Peasant
Species: Gray Fox

Post by SnapFreeze » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Sebastos hears words of traveling and journeying and quests used several times and the curious fox has reached his limits. He had to know more. "U-um, hello..." He started "My names Sebastos, Sebastos Soule, but you can call me Laka, or whatever you wish, I don't mind. I'm sorry but I couldn't help but overhear... are you two planning on going on an, adventure, of sorts? If so... c-could I tag along? I've always wanted to travel somewhere, to be somebody!" Sebastos pauses and looks a bit embarrassed for a moment. "Sorry for being so pushy, but I promise, I can be an asset! I know some Earth magic and I can hold my own as far as survival goes." Sebastos Looks hopefully at the two, his messy, long, unkempt hair hanging in front of his face and eagerly and excitedly waits for an answer. "I can buy you guys some food if you want, I just got payed the other day, I sell dyes to nobles and tailors, if you would accept my offering."
What even is normal?

My Character: Sebastos Soule:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6685