Rise of the Knights of Valhall (Private)

This is where all of the medieval Gawain role-plays are archived.
materwolf
Omnipresence
Species: Collie

Re: Rise of the Knights of Valhall (Private)

Post by materwolf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Victor had noticed the fox, but didn't say anything. He listened and chuckled a bit at the dragoness' antics. He happily ordered a large roast pig to be brought to the table "Thank you for your offer, but if I remember anything about dragons, your purse would soon be empty." The two wolves sat up at the mention of food and ordered a pair of ham hocks for the wolves. "I'll join you. Seems resistance against the organisation in the realms of government appeal to me. Besides, you could use a skilled hunter with M'Lady along." He nodded politely at Ksaa "Forgive me my dear, what was your name again?" The white wolf lay relaxed at Ksaa's feet while the black one sat at near attention at Victor's side. He gave her a thankful pat on the head and a scratch of the ears before sipping at his drink "Assuming there is little pay at first, would we be allowed to loot the targets?"
"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
-Commander William Riker, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701D-

My characters
[url]http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=4044[/url]

Sponsor

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant
Species: Wolf

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Fenrir smiled as he sat back. He smiled knowing the day was not entirely worthless. "Miss you are welcome to join the Knights of Valhall. However doing so any oaths to the nobility, organization, or any religious groups are to be considered null and void. You must swear loyalty to the knights and knights alone." He said as he looked at the other two people and chuckled. "Now as for you two yes you may join our little group so long as you agree to become a sworn ally to the Knights for the duration of the adventure. It is not that I don't trust you its just both of you have been rather sneaky for my taste." He said as he took out his map of the Dresden mountains. and looked it over.

"Now I hope the lot of you like hot springs and freezing cold winters. If you don't you are in for that once we get up to the mountain West of here. That's the weather for over half the year." He said as he pulled his cloak of the chair behind him and took out a little book with a solid bronze cover inscribed with runes and symbols. "Now as to my explanation on why wood is a useless medium for rune-forging. Let me read from the book. Wood is a terrible medium for the use of the higher levels of magic in this style. The heat generated from it causes the wood to burn and disintegrate upon the final stages of enchantment. This makes it only good for practice for low level protection runes such as silence or extra sensory runes which have minimal heat output." He said as he slid the book down over his face and peeked over it with a raised eyebrow. "Now you have the reason it is not good to use wood as a medium for the type of enchantment I would use upon it." Fenrir said as he snapped the book shut and put it away in a hidden pocket inside the padding underneath his armor.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

Jesus promised an end to all suffering. Thor promised an end to all frost giants. I don't see any frost giants around so that means Thor is better at keeping his promises.

My character in his insane detail. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6615

SnapFreeze
Peasant
Species: Gray Fox

Post by SnapFreeze » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Sebastos is overjoyed with the news of his allowance in to the adventure with the group, and can barely contain his excitement. "Of course! I would never think of betraying a knight! I pledge my loyalty to you for the remainder of this quest! Oh and you don't have to worry about me and cold weather, I was raised in the Arctic Islands!"

Through all of his excited jabbering, Sebastos manages to order himself a meal on the smallish side, he wasn't too hungry. "So, what is this quest you are partaking in, and what will be involved? I'm ready for it whatever it is but I just want to know a bit before time." He nervously shifts his seating position and scratches a bit at the brightly tye-dyed shirt he wears underneath his tweed vest. He starts to have second thoughts about jumping into an adventure in which he has no idea how dangerous it could be, for he had no fighting or adventuring experience, he didnt know what the quest even entailed, hell, he could be swearing his allegiance to a group of Rogues who plan on murduring the emperor for all he knew, and the more he let his imagination run wild, the more nervous he became.
Last edited by SnapFreeze on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What even is normal?

My Character: Sebastos Soule:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6685

Ksaa
Assassin
Species: Dragoness

Post by Ksaa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Ksaa chuckled as the two decided who would buy her a dinner, albeit not in that precise context. "Oh, do forgive! I'm Ksaa. Pleased to meet. I've not have treatment like this since leaving my clan. To what should i refer you two?" She asked, nodding towards the two still-yet-named ones. "Then you shall likely be pleased i and beholden to no oaths nor any of the others you've professed, save that of my family and clan, which has only been that i shall explore this world and its cultures, eventually returning to them the state of the times. May i ask that you show me some of these basics of your Rune Forging when more appropriate?"

It was about time the roast pig was brought out, and her nose quickly caught a bead on it, drawing her complete attention. With an unbreaking gaze she stared at it, licking her chops from salivation, until it was finally set to rest on the table. She looked up pleadingly at the one paying until she was given the okay. Once given she tore into the pig not so unlike the two feral wolves eating style. Despite the rashness, her hunger caused little of it to go a stray, quickly showing the little fox what the other had noticed: feral-draconic appetites were little similar to the rest of the furs around. soon enough the pig was cleaned to the bones, anything fleshy having been consumed with delight, she even taking care to finish off the marrow in a few of the larger bones. She set her head upon the table's top, sighing with satisfaction; although the scary part was that her demeanor was anything but that of a full belly.
~Ksaa

Characters

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." ~zen

SnapFreeze
Peasant

Post by SnapFreeze » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Sebastos became more nervous witnessing the dragoness's eating style. "My name is... Sebastos, Sebastos Soule..." The fox began. " Pleasure meeting you Ksaa, I would be pleased to pay your way, I assure I can deliver for this meal, food is mainly the only thing I ever use money for anyway. I have a bit of a... Privileged, income for someone my age."

Slightly turned away by witnessing Ksaa devour the pig, he began picking at his own meal with the silver provided, taking small bites, savouring the food, slowly but surely finishing the meal.
What even is normal?

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:01 am

"I my draconic friend am Fenrir Far-Seeker. I am the Hochmeister of the Knights Of Valhall. They can also be called the Valhalla Knights for much easier purposes. My current objective is to return to the land I purchased about a good 15 miles outside of town to the West on the dge of the mountains. It consists of a simple stone low walled Motte and Bailey fort built into the mountain. It was expensive and took me months of selling some of my best made weapons to nobles to obtain the money and rights to purchase the land at a reduced price." He said as he pointed over his shoulder in the general direction of the fort. He knew its location made it hard to take but it was hard to keep supplied for a large force. However a small order of knights would fit the living conditions perfectly.

"Now I must warn you bandits run amok in the mountains. They love to prey on any small groups of travelers and and heavily laden caravans. We fit the small group scenario which means with no uncertain estimation we will be hit. If we are not then we are most likely the lucky ones. Now Ksaa since are a member of the knights I bestow upon you the rank of Ritterbruder. As you progress you can rise above that rank which is where everyone who joins must start." Fenrir said before scratching his chin and digging into his food with gusto wuickly eating what he wanted before looking back up to the group.

"So if you are worried about a few unarmored bandits causing you a little trouble this is not the group for you. Tomorrow however we have been hired to begin a search just South of the fort for a rogue mage who murdered his next of kin in cold blood all for a little scrap of gold. He is trained in Ice, Fire and Earth magic. This makes him a pure elementalist who has mastered three of the elements which makes him a very large threat. His young apprentice however has been known to dabble in a little dark magic on the side so he can be unpredictable." Fenrir said as he leaned back and sighed with content at his now full stomach. "If that makes you want to back out I don't blame you. Hell if I was not honor bound to capture or kill the kindaskitur I would let him go. However my duty as a knight now prevents that. So are you in or out. We are allowed to keep any loot we find in his lair as supplementary payment as well if that helps you decide." He said with a smirk.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

Jesus promised an end to all suffering. Thor promised an end to all frost giants. I don't see any frost giants around so that means Thor is better at keeping his promises.

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Victor nods "A few cowardly bandits never gave me any trouble. I'm in." he looked at Ksaa "I am Victor. Victor Wolfswift. The white wolf there at your feet is Old White, this other one is Night Black. They help me and I help them. Oh and as for loot, just an equal share is all I require." He pulled his hand bow out and extended the arms. "I dabble in making weapons myself. I've been living on my own a while." He took a sip of his drink and had another roast pig brought out for Ksaa. "How do you feel about the military here? Having them as an Allie would be more than uncomfortable for me, for my own reasons."

Night Black soon curled up and Old White sat on alert. "These two seem to go where I go, so since I joined, they did too. I wouldn't recommend trying to separate them. They work best as a team."

My characters

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:12 pm

"So, Fenrir, Victor, and Laka, then?" She said, nodding to each in turn. "Thank you for the second. I would have been satisfied with only one. I've no way to pay you back, sadly. I've already learned that you people- the ones out here, from my clans- use... the gold... money's the name, yes? we don't. It's been confusing to get used to. I'd simply prefer to study, learn. Although it leaves me with a certain..." Her nose drew her attention once again as the second pig was brought out. Although she professed one having been enough, her appetite only proved she was simply being hospitable as she torn into the second as easily as the first.

After she finished, she nuzzled the white wolf next to her, "As well as this one being Old White, then Night Black, yes?" she nodded to the black one as she spoke. "Ranks do not matter for me. I do as i say i'm able, and as i'm required. I only request that i can do as i promised my clan, study and collect on the cultures. all of your help could prove valuable to me. So many confusing things, you even helped explain this Mystic Mist Inn! Oh? may i ask, this place in the mountains, does it have some ample prey around? Also, i'm not accustomed to this chill in the air, even now, but i'm sure i'll survive. Worse case i'll imbue a strap to keep me warm."
~Ksaa

Characters

SnapFreeze
Peasant

Post by SnapFreeze » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Oh you don't have to worry about me," Chirped Sebastos feeling more confident knowing he was with a knight of Valhall. "I was raised in the Arctic Islands, and am quite adept in survival skills and am used to the cold. You also don't have to worry about me betraying the cause, I swear my loyalty to you for the remainder of this journey." Sebastos bows in a sort of over-dramatic fashion to prove his point. "I'm not a trained fighter, nor have I ever held a weapon, but I can hold my own in hand-to-hand, I also practice a bit of non-magical first-aid, should the need arise." Sebastos readjusts the satchel on his side, and starts to rummage around in it, but frowns as the item he was searching for was not found. However he soon forgets about it and pulls out a toothpick instead, and starts to pick at his teeth with it. "sho hwen do whe shet ohff?" He asks through his teeth while cleaning them thoroughly with the pick.
What even is normal?

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:37 pm

We set off within the next two hours. Now for the lot of yours best chance to survive it probably best for you to know these bandits use crossbows in large amounts. So two in three will be shooting at you. Your armor, skin, or whatever else you hope to stop a blow will not stop a crossbow bolt. You will need a shield and those are easy enough to come by since I always carry three on my horse and one on myself. Now with Ksaa in the group we will know well ahead of time of any ambushes along the road due to her ability to fly." Fenrir said as he took a drink from his drinking horn.

"Careful with what you say about the military Victor a lot of the men that are guards in this town are my comrades and I would die for any of them. They are all very good and honorable men thanks to the training they receive when they sign on for the militia. We don't have much in the way of a true army more along the lines of a citizen guard who are trained and equipped as professional soldiers." He said trying to show respect for the men he had served with by defending them. "They serve only to protect the town and nothing more. Its the actual city guard who serve in the army when it is summoned. The militia you see protecting the town now was instituted recently to allow for more training of the professional army for Gawain's benefit." He said as he stood up and put on his helmet and cloak the end result making only his eyes and muzzle visible.

He then tied on his sword belt and slipped his shield over his back. "Now you each have an hour to eat your fill and prepare to depart. I will be waiting at the gate with my horse. If you see me talking to anyone you are free to approach." He said as he started walking toward the door and opened it to see the sun approaching its midday zenith. "We have plenty of time so long as we maintain a good pace and remove any obstacles quickly." He muttered to himself as he headed for the stables and his horse.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:48 pm

Victor nodded to Fenrir "I did not mean to offend. Only my personal experience with Edwinish military left me wary of all military types. I won't do anything to harm them unless they harm me first." he sipped from his drink before standing up, the two wolves with him getting up as well "I'm going to tend to a few things and will join you shortly."

After leaving the Inn, Victor took to his horse and went out into the forest, ensuring the wolves had their fill of relaxation in the woods as well as making a few more bolts for his hand bow and crossbow. Before returning to town to meet up with Fenir, Victor sharpened the sword and warmed up using it and his other weapons. He hadn't been in a fight in a while, so practice certainly wouldn't hurt.

Riding into town again, it didn't take long before the wolves lead Victor to Fenrir. Old White and Night Black sat a short distance from him, as Victor stopped his horse just behind the wolves. "Well, are we ready?" He asked politely.

My characters

SnapFreeze
Peasant

Post by SnapFreeze » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Sebastos prepared for his journey by stuffing his satchel full of several materials that he might need along the way. "Rope, oil, vials, first-aid kit..." he rambled on as he packed his things. After he had finished his packing, he set off into town again on foot, talking to himself the whole way, reminding himself about things that he shouldn't forget. He passed by an alley way, just around the corner of the rendezvous point in which he was supposed to meet the rest of the group, when his rambling had attracted the attention of a rowdy group of weasels.

The shifty gang approached Sebastos, two behind him and one in front. "May I help you stranger?" Sebastos asked the one to his front, not even realizing the two coming up on his rear. "Oi mates, this runts beens chattin hisself up like one-a those slack-jaws from the west district!" The weasel barked, getting up into Sebastos's muzzle to the point where he could smell the alchahol in his breath. "You one-a those mently ill sons of bitches? we don't take too kindly to strange folk walkin up our alley way, savvy?"

Sebastos had had enough of this weasel invading his personal space and pushed passed him and continued walking, "Buggah off drunkard! I have someplace to be!" Sebastos called back. The head weasel was not amused by being pushed around by the surprisingly gutsy young fox. "Ey! Nobo'y touches me like tha' an gits away wif it!"

The weasel quickly approaches Sebastos growling loudly "I'll kill you, you little Runt!" Sebastos turns around just in time to be socked in the stomach, causing him to collapse to his knees, gasping for air as he tried to call out for help. And though he didn't succeed in forming his plea into audible words, The weasel had made quite the noticeable commotion himself, His shouting able to be heard from the rest of the group waiting on Sebastos's arrival to start their quest.
Last edited by SnapFreeze on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What even is normal?

Fenrir_Harolfson
Peasant

Post by Fenrir_Harolfson » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Fenrir waited outside the stable after taking his time prepping his horse and checking his recently made hollow iron bow and the quiver of mixed arrow types next to his saddle. He had spent the past hour checking his supplies and making ready for the journey to the small fort in the mountains. He even checked the strength of the fine metal rope used to string the bow which he had spent a good month figuring out how to make. The special forging process made the string as strong as the finest blade thanks to the runes at the ends of the string which also made it as flexible as the supple silks from across the sea.

"If you are ready, I am ready Victor. We just need to wait till the remaining members of the party arrive and then we can make our trip Westward. I hope you have prepared any weapons you have for the cold. Wood becomes very brittle up in the mountains unless properly oiled." He said as he tightened the straps on his saddle. "I made sure to bring my new bow just in case we get ambushed from a distance." Fenrir said as he turned to look at Victor before grabbing his shield and holding it in his left hand as he smirked and then adjusted his helmet upon his head before hearing a shout from the far street. "We got trouble Victor!" Fenrir yelled as he mounted his Clydesdale Slepnir and turned the horse to ride into the city his bow already out and in his hand. He rode around the corner and knocked an arrow as he sat his horse still as he pulled out and arrow and knocked it in a swift practiced motion. "Cease your actions at once!" He yelled before pulling the bow taunt to his ear and sending the arrow flying in a blur which pierced the weasel who was closest to Sebastos clean through the knee dropping him to the ground. "That is a warning now back off!" Fenrir growled as he quickly knocked another arrow and held it at the ready.
Gotter Mit Uns!!!!

Ksaa
Assassin

Post by Ksaa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:01 am

Ksaa had been taking a wing around the city, keeping an eye on the sun's height. She'd gone over the list of mages that had been given to her, and though to seek out some of the various people while in distance. She had found a number of them, although a feral dragoness randomly entering seemed to make their days; especially when she requested as many books on magical lore from no particular origins or genres. This quickly reversed the mages customary entrance smiles as they were not amused. A few yelled at her for making fun of them, saying she "thought it was funny? to think magic so easy to the unenlightened?!" She slunk sulkily out of the those stores with a quick rebuttal attempt. A few less grouchy ones only smiled politely, insisting she take a few self-teaching beginner books, and professing apologies for having no time for another apprentice. She slunk out of those stores as well, more miffed at the assumption she was some simple beginner. "At least i got some books," trying to remain positive. She looked up, watching the sun reach it's zenith, and took wing to the prescribed gates.

Her vision caught the movement first. She aligned for a landing, having seen the gate in the distance. Fenrir had just arrived, and her smile turned as she noticed his fervent actions as he turned, Rapidly following his look and direction, he had seemed to be heading for a ally way just out of her sights. She landed daintily on the roof, and peered over the side, "I'll kill you, you little Runt!" came the shout against Laka.

Her instincts kicked in as her new-found friend was endangered; the strength of a pack was it's number. "That is a warning now back off!" Came Fenrir's response. A loose bit of roof fell just prior to her leaping down with a solid thump! of her comparative builds weight landing form two stories up. She had landed opposite them all, effectively trapping the group in their very own strategy. She gave a snarl as she spoke and deep throated growl. "I suggest you listen. I'm still peckish and have a journey ahead." She eyed them with less a malice, but a notable feral level of emotion, mostly that of purposed hunger. A Hunt was one of the worse times to mess with any feral. She studied their stances and emotions, and she was fairly sure she could take them alone in their inebriated states. Her life in the jungle lent more to her than simple lack of cultural education, it was a daily fight for life, limb, food, and shelter and made her strong in ways cityfolk could likely not comprehend.
~Ksaa

Characters

materwolf
Omnipresence

Post by materwolf » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Victor got on his horse as Olw White and Night Black took off at a sprint. Cisco's hooves clip-clopped on the ground as Victor's cavelry experiance came in handy. The horse and rider pulled up to prevent interfering with Fenrir and his approach. The wolves flanked Fenrir and snarled angrily at the weasels. True the pair of wolves hadn't known the little guy for long, however they understood he wasn't to be harmed. Especially by a pack of drunkards.

Victor drew his crossbow and fired a bolt through the hand of the next closest weasle who was trying to go for a weapon. "Ah-ah-ah. Now that isn't very nice." Came the calm retort as Victor reloaded the crossbow and aimed it again. Before he could think of something clever to say, Ksaa landed. Victor's horse whinnied and shifted with just a touch of worry at the hungry dragoness. Victor didn't have the heart to scold the horse, instead freed his left hand that helped stableise the crossbow to give the steed a gentle pat and settle the buckskin down.

My characters