Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Kills 99.9% on Contact!

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Re: Kills 99.9% on Contact!

Post by Larcen » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:39 am

Randy smiled almost drunkenly. If there was anything that could make a man feel like a superhero, it was a kiss from the woman he adored, and it worked on the raccoon. "Nah, you don't have to come in," he insisted, "I'll just be in and out, and hope none of it sinks into my fur." In truth his motivation was not wanting her to get all besmirched by whatever nasty was in there. He could only imagine.

Without further delay, Randall Lotorsky, Liberator of Fine Alcoholic Drinks, scurried his way into the bar, finding it of course unlocked. Greeeat, that meant there were likely more patrons to decompose within. Bravely, and with his shirt up over his muzzle, he stole through the dark bar. Having spent most of the last month in the same room, he hadn't developed the desensitization Dima and her friend had. It appalled and unnerved him, seeing things like only two darts stuck in the board, meaning someone had dropped in mid-turn, not suspecting. Open beers now gathered dust, sitting alongside exactly the kinds of prepackaged fried appetizers he'd expected. What he woulda given for some fish sticks and apple fritters right now. On second thought, seeing what they looked like, kinda ruined his appetite for the moment, and for a starved raccoon, that was saying something. Ok, to the good stuff. Something dark. Huh, he figured, looking at the taps, There's an experiment. Wonder if they still work? Nope, they didn't. Oh well, curiosity killed the coon, satsisfaction brought him back. Anyway, hmm. Ah, that might serve. He picked up two six packs, figuring he himself wasn't a beer guru, so why not take her recommendation?

In fifteen minutes' time, Randy emerged with a grateful gasp of fresh air, holding up the six packs to show off his loot. "Yuengling Dark Porter good enough? I'm no connoisseur or nothin'. Usedta just get Miller High Life with my fake ID before I went away, heh," he confessed.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Dima smiled and nodded as Randy insisted that she didn't need to accompany him into the bar. "Be careful in there." She told him as he headed off. She propped her feet back up on the dash, and wiggled herself into a slightly more comfortable position. She did her best not to get too antsy as she waited for Randy to return from his mission. She wasn't used to having someone doing things for her, let alone a romantic interest. She found it both strange, and very flattering.

Five minutes passed, and the gentle sway of her tail sped up. After ten minutes, her ears had started to pin back, and she tapped a foot against the dash. By the time fifteen minutes had passed, and she saw Randy emerging from the bar, she had been about to hop out of the vehicle and run into the bar herself. It wasn't that she was impatient, but everything that had happened since the start of the big infection made her much more prone to worry, especially when it involved the very few people left that she cared about. Thankfully Randy emerged from the building looking no worse for wear, at least physically, and Dima released a relieved sigh before settling back into her seat again.

She gave a grateful smile as he approached with his prize from the bar. "Ooh, can't say I've had Yuenling before, but Dark Porter should be good." She replied before chuckling at his admission. "I wouldn't exactly call myself a connoisseur either, though I suppose I do have a little more tasting experience." She found it a bit amusing, considering that he was older than her, even if he had been a bit sheltered over the years. She was thoughtfully quiet for a moment before she spoke again, she didn't really want to dwell on Randy's incarceration and she figured he didn't either. "Could always try brewing our own sometime. Of course if you'd like the arctic drinking experience of the motherland, we'd need some good vodka, and maybe some Mors" she commented with a chuckle, and a more pronounce accent than usual. She eventually shook her head and chuckled again. "Well, off to the pond for relaxation and fish." She proclaimed, thrusting a finger into the air as she did.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 pm

"Hear hear!" Randy agreed as he clambered back into the 4x4. That suggestion about starting up a microbrewery sounded interesting. Heck there were whole granaries sitting full and dormant. The accent, however, made Randy melt. "Sure! Heck I'd bet our two biggest fish the bat knows how to make wine, too. We are gonna party like it's the end of the world!"

Feeling frisky, and figuring the course was unplayable by this point anyhow, Randy broke free of societal conditioning and left the cart path behind. Over former fairways they rolled at an almost reckless pace, though the raccoon kept enough sense to avoid the sand traps and the worst of the little knolls and pits in the land. By and by, he spotted a larger pond and slowed, stopping a good distance away so as not to scare the fish.

"That one look good?" he asked in a low voice. "We'll walk up, just in case. Darn, shoulda brought some lawn chairs or a blanket or something. Oh well. If I don't get a line in the water in the ten minutes, I'll lose my mind," Randy grinned. He hopped out and fetched as much of the gear as he could schlepp. His fur bristled with anticipation, a return to that which felt right in his instincts. Might even have to try fishing by paw once they'd caught a good supper.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Dima chuckled at Randy's speculation on the extent of Cila's wine making knowledge. "Don't take bets I'm likely to lose." She replied with a grin and a wink. "And what a party it will be."

"Woah." She soad as Randy's decision to go 'off road' surprised her a bit. She was quick to adjust her posture to better compensate for the extra bumps. Once she was better situated, she wore a wide grin as she was able to enjoy the ride. She spotted the pond once Randy started slowing down, and quickly caught on to his plan.

She nodded as Randy asked her opinion on his chosen fishing spot. "Looks promising to me." She replied quietly. "I don't mind sitting in the grass." She commented when he lamented over not bringing chairs or a blanket. She chuckled when he mentioned losing his mind if he didn't get a line in the water soon. "Careful, don't over exert yourself." She commented quietly as he started pulling gear out of the vehicle. She found it absolutely adorable to watch his excitement. She grabbed the rest of the gear as well as the drinks, and quietly brought them over to the shore near Randy.

She got her rod set up with a simple hook, bait, sinkers, and bobber setup and cast it out into the pond. With a line in the water, she grabbed a couple drinks. She opened them both, and handed one to Randy before she sat down in the grass with her legs spread out. She gave a gentle sigh, and leaned her head back, closing her eyes for a few moments. Before long, she opened her eyes, and looked at Randy. "You know, I could really get used to this." She told him with a smile before taking a swig from her drink.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:59 pm

After getting his own gear set up, pole in the ground, propped against a stick, Randy reclined beside Dima and sighed contentedly. When he noticed her closed eyes, he couldn't help but stare, awestruck at the with whom he shared mutual affection. Sure, she wasn't built for the glamour magazines, but she was far more... well, real in this case would be the best compliment he could come up with. Real. Yeah. Not some plastic broad only interested in how much botox he could afford for her. Of course, now it was up to him to prove himself worthy of her. Maybe do a trick for her, Randy.

About the time he realized he was gawking awkwardly at her, he snapped out of it and crawled to the water's edge. Kneeling down without explanation, he slipped his paws into the water and began to feel around. Though his eyes were closed and his face blank like a yogi lost in meditation, Randy's paws danced through the water like a DJ. He felt around for the faint little disturbances and slippery scaly feel of... A MINNOW! "HAH!" the 'coon exclaimed, holding up the wiggly little fish, then tilted his head and held it out to Dima, the tail of it pinched between his claws. "Appetizer?" he asked with a grin.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:09 am

Dima caught Randy's awkward gawking. Where in the past and with others, such gawking had more often than not been motivated by fear and made her feel self conscious and ashamed; the open affection she saw in Randy's eyes made her feel warm inside and she couldn't help the slightly shy smile that crept onto her muzzle. To find someone that accepted her for what, and who she was, she still felt as if she were in a dream at times.

She tilted her head a bit as she watched Randy crawl to the water's edge. She watched with some fascination as he stuck his paws in the water and closed his eyes. She began to slowly stalk closer to him, curious as to just what he was doing. Just as she started to get close enough to see what he was doing, he exclaimed, and held up a minnow. She sat back on her haunches for a moment as she hadn't expected the sudden proclamation. She tilted her head a bit, genuinely impressed at the feat he had displayed, but simultaneously wasn't too sure she wanted to eat it in it's current state, at least not while there was other food still to be had.

She gave a clap to express that she was impressed as she finished approaching Randy. "Hmm, probably better as bait; though you'll have to use it on the fish since you've already caught me." She said as she pushed her muzzle against his, and gave him a kiss. She knew it was a cheesy line, but couldn't help it. She still felt warm and giddy over the way he looked at her. "I am impressed though. Think you could do that with a big one?"

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:12 pm

In truth, Randy had never caught anything larger than a minnow with his bare paws. The kiss, however, made him feel like he could go whaling without a boat. After his brain sputtered back to coherence and the love-drunk chuckling stopped, he remembered there was something struggling at the end of his fingertips. "Well, I never tried before, but, sure, it's on!" he proclaimed, tilting his head back and snapping the fishy up, killing it quickly with one bite. He then knelt back down, shook off from head to fingertips, and slipped his paws back into the water. His face returned to the zen focus.

Nevertheless, he hadn't practiced enough to catch a decent eating-size fish. After a few minutes, he snapped out of his trance and dried his paws on the grass. "Heh, nope. I'd hafta practice harder for that. I tried anyway," he said sheepishly. Defeated by the fishes, he swore his revenge and checked his line. Then he lay on his back, gripping the rod with his feet, and lay back alongside Dima, staring up at a sky devoid of jet streaks, pollution haze, and howling planes. Satellites still streaked by, but half beeped to empty towers, relaying nothing to nobody.

"Think anybody else is alive, or is it just us few? Like around the world. Did anybody survive besides a few of us?" he wondered aloud. As it turned out, there were others. In fact, on the other side of Edwin, another group of furs was gathering, even as other convoys rode or hiked or trotted toward Bonneauville and the benevolent siren call of Brother Jesse.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Dima still thought the reactions she got when she kissed Randy were absolutely adorable. At the same time she still couldn't figure out what it was about her that elicited those reactions, but she wasn't complaining. She grinned as he proclaimed that he would try catching something bigger, and leaned forward a bit to watch with rapt attention.

Eventually, Randy got back out of the water without any more fish. She gave a soft chuckle before she replied. "Ah well, it was worth a shot. Got plenty of time to practice now if you wanted to." she told him with a wide smile. She spent a few moments thinking on just how much her life had changed in the last couple days and the idea spending a great deal of time just like this in the future. She snuggled up next to Randy and gave a contented sigh. "I could definitely get used to this." She commented quietly

She nodded slowly in reply to Randy's question. "Even if we're just statistically speaking, less than one percent of the population would still leave hundreds of thousands of survivors, at least of the virus. As to how many of those continued to survive..." She shrugged "I would think at least a few thousand if not tens of thousands, but it's a lot of space, and until recently, there's been no beacon to bring them all to one location." She smiled "Of course, at this point, it could just be you and me and Cila and Jesse, and I'd be happy. I guess we'll see what the future brings us." By this point, she'd nearly forgotten about the fishing lines in the water.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 am

"That many, huh?" Randy asked, sitting up in surprise. He lay back down, looking up at the clean sky. "That's a relief. Glad you found me first instead of some other mook," he said with a wink.

Scarcely could he fawn over her more, though, before his fishing rod nearly leaped from his toes. Randy doubled up to grab hold. Fish on! He snarled and growled, fighting the finned fiend at the end of his line. But rare was the occasion when a raccoon lost a fish. He planted his feet and dug in, playing the large mouth bass like Paganini on the fiddle. He was panting by the time a good, eatin'-size fish flopped up onto the pond bank, but for the first time in roughly a decade, Randall Lotorsky found himself happy, truly filled with joy. He removed the hook, then with a flick of the wrist, whacked the fish's head on a nearby rock, ceasing its flopping about. Zip went his knife, and in less than a minute, he had a cleaned fish and a measure of fresh bait.

"That's one! How many you hungry for?" he asked, grinning from one side of his mask to the other.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Dima nodded as Randy asked for confirmation on her guess to how many survivors there were. She chuckled and gave him a soft kiss on the side of his muzzle when he said he was glad she found him first. "I've known other mooks." She replied with a wink. "None of them were able to accept me the way I am, while you my dear have. You're the only mook for me." She finished with a cheesy smile.

She would have given him another kiss, but he had a bite, and sat up a lot faster than she would have expected, all things considered. She watched, rather impressed, as he brought the fish in. She had worried a little bit that she would have to help him for a few moments, but he got the thing on shore. Before she thought to ask if he wanted a hand with it, he was up, killed the thing, and already halfway through cleaning it.

Randy's grin was infectious. "Probably wouldn't hurt to catch one or two more if we can." She replied. "We don't have anything more pressing to do, and I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying myself." She pointed out before she settled back in to keep an eye on her own line. She wasn't sure she would catch anything, but she didn't mind. She could lay with Randy like this all day and be completely content.

"You think anybody else is going to follow Jesse's broadcast like we did?" She asked thoughtfully.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue May 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Randy didn't mind one bit. He could probably stuff down a couple fish, maybe three or four. Heck there was enough in the groceries department to preserve them or something, especially with all the chest freezers in the world. Why hadn't he joined a fishing fleet long ago instead of...eh never mind. That Randy Lotorsky was dead. He cast again and waited while Dima mused.

"Iunno. I kinda hope so, but then again...if we're the only ones who come by, I wouldn't mind. Cila and Jesse are nice enough people. But yeah, four people probably can't accomplish too much. Iunno, what do you think?" he reversed, sidling up to her. He never would have admitted it before, but there was something comforting in being able to snuggle up to a girlfriend bigger than him. And he would go rabid psycho raccoon on anybody who made her feel less than beautiful, he realized.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu May 17, 2018 11:56 am

Dima was thoughtful for a moment before she responded. "Well, we know at least Phil and Ginny were planning on showing up. Whether or not they find it and actually make it here is another matter. I definitely would mind much if it were just the four of us, but I think there's likely at least a few more that heard the broadcast and plan to come." She replied.

She gave a soft sigh as he sidled up next to her. She leaned her head against him, and started purring softly in contentment. She wasn't expecting to get anything on her line. She often went fishing just to enjoy a quiet day near the water, and didn't catch a thing. With this in mind, she was paying much more attention to Randy than her own line. She nuzzled against him, and continued to purr.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:52 pm

With a line in the water and his woman making those fantastically hypnotic rumbly noises by his side, Randy was a lot more than content. He said little, not wanting to ruin the moment, but he was already thinking about ways to make this new life work. Much of it revolved around plans for winter, but even those he was sure would work out somehow, in some old-timey way.

He caught more fish, enough to bring some back for later, and for offerings of goodwill to the others. Rather, other, singular. He could already picture Cila scrunching her nose up at a fishy present and it gave him half a chuckle.

Soon dusk fell, and with the issues of no street lights, unfamiliar roads, and obstacles in the way, Randy packed up the cooler full of bass, bluegills, and sunnies, and fired up the Scout again. He tried the arcane AM radio and heard as they traveled back:

"As we've said numerous times already, friends, we are so overjoyed to welcome three new friends to beautiful Bonneauville--I'm sorry, Ol' Brother Jesse is so delighted I can't stop talkin' about it. Anyway, I'm here with one of them, Miss Cila Decolare. Say hello to all our radio friends out there, Cila. Yes, that's right, lean a little closer. You're live on the air."

"Hallu? Vait, they can all hear this, yes?"

"Mm-hmm!"

"Hallu everyvun! I am, vell, ve arrived today, and vere so surprised at vhat ve found here. Brother Jesse is as nice as he sounds," Cila giggled, "And you should see him blush vhen he is complimented!"

The coyote on the air laughed. "Well, for our other two friends, we hope you get to hear from them soon enough. But for the two lovers, if y'all are listenin', this song goes out to you, Stryper--er, oops, I meant Michael Sweet, front man of Styper's solo track, 'Baby Doll.' Ha-ha, friends, if you could see Ms. Cila's beautiful face staring at me right now...What? Cheesy is good someti--KSSSSSHHHHH."

Randy blinked. "What the...? What happened to the music?" He scrunched his muzzle up and played with the knob, trying to get the broadcast back again. He was rewarded with nothing but static for a good fifteen seconds of frustration. Then the single speaker picked back up, but further down the dial. The hokey music was gone, and in its place, an ominous announcement.

"This is an official FCC broadcast going out to anyone listening. Anyone caught broadcasting on any AM, FM, VHF, UHF, or HD channels without proper authorization is committing a criminal act, and listening to them is not advised. Those listening to this broadcast who wish to seek civilization are hereby ordered to make their way to the Los Andales Metropolitan Area. We have resources, medical supplies, food, and water. This message will repeat..."

"What in the name of...?!?" Randy was flabbergasted. He fought with the knob again, and found nothing. Looking to Dima with round eyes, he suggested, "We better get back pronto." He floored the accelerator to the rattly SUV, but half a V8 didn't have much highway speed.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Dima was enjoying the chance to spend an afternoon thinking about nothing but the moment, and reveling in it. The fact that Randy was able to catch quite a few fish just made it that much better, the thought of a meal of fresh fish almost had her salivating.

Before long though, the sun was getting low in the sky and it was time to pick up and leave for the day with their haul. She hopped in the passenger side of the scout after helping Randy haul the gear, she still didn't want him to over exert himself.

Randy turned on the radio, and Jesse's familiar broadcast greeted them, though there was definitely more enthusiasm in this evening's broadcast. "Heh, he was quick to announce our arrival." She commented with a small chuckle. "Oh, and he's even got Cila on there with him. She'll be a radio star in no time." She continued to comment with a grin, then laughed as she pictured Jesse in his homemade studio with Cila getting flustered over her compliments. Her mirth continued as Jesse talked about the next song to be played, and the expression she imagined Cila had.

The mirth ended abruptly though as the broadcast cut out, and a fist of ice began to form in her gut. That feeling only got worse as Randy picked up on a new broadcast that had nothithing of the welcoming friendliness of Jesse's. It all sounded cold, dispassionate, and likely not very authentic to her. "Really? FCC? Do they not realize that there is effectively no more FCC, or government of any kind? Do they think they're going to come out here and track us down?" She was ranting a bit at the audaciousness of the announcement.

She nodded when Randy suggested they head back quickly. "Yeah, I don't like the way any of this feels right now." She replied she settled in for the ride back to the house.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:46 pm

"I'm glad you said it too," Randy agreed. "Sounds more like somebody trying to sound official but not really knowing what he's talking about. But if you think about it, Los Andales? One of the biggest cities on the border? If you can get everybody cleaned out and calmed down, that'd be the place to do it. Plenty of population, so plenty of chances somebody survived, right?" Randy backed off on the accelerator after the Scout screamed up to sixty, its archaic speedometer quivering wildly.

Before long he swung a turn into the hardware store parking lot, nearly rolling the pint-sized SUV, and slid to a halt. Having left the doors at home, he vaulted out and ran...jogged...trudged his way back to the broadcast center.

"...we here do hope you enjoyed that last tune, friend, and as we sign off and let Otto our automatic DJ take over, I just want to again invite you to join our growing family, here in--" Randy banged on the door as he panted to catch his breath, which produced a squeak of surprise from the other side of the door.

"JESSE! OPEN UP!"

"--as I said, here in Bonneauville. That ends our broadcast for tonight." Jesse jumped up, caught himself by the headphones, turned back to switch off the mic, caught himself again by the headphones, removed them finally, and scrambled to open the door. "What, Randy?! What's the matter?"

"Is Dima all right?!" Cila asked, trying not to flap for panic.

"She...whew. Ha--hang..." Oh forget it. Randy needed to catch his breath, and so he leaned against the door frame and gestured for Dima to fill them in. Apparently they hadn't experienced any abnormalities in the transmission and were fully oblivious to recent events.