Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

ASTRAL [Closed: Asyriel|RaelScion|HawkerTheGreat]

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Re: ASTRAL [Closed: Asyriel|RaelScion|HawkerTheGreat]

Post by RasHeart » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Uthix would find that wherever he shone the spotlight, the Husks would actively stay away from. “Keep them at a distance!” the Reclaimer yelled, squeezing the trigger on their rifle. Nothing but an empty click as the bolt pushed forward into empty space. “Anyone else have ammo?!” The other figures on the back of the massive six-wheeled truck shook their heads, and as if on cue, they would rush over to replace their rifles with the remaining spotlights. The near-endless wave of Husks would eventually taper off, however, as the truck approached Zhedrin’s Hold, and the warm glow that emanated from the city’s lights. As they arrived, the truck slowed to a crawl, passing through a massive gate flanked by large metallic walls and watchtowers.

Finally, they were safe.
-o- Sloane crossed his arms as Nyulotha requested some better armor. With a smirk, he’d gesture over to the stairway heading down into the Nest’s main terrace. “I’m starting to like you, Rookie. We think the same way.” The bear begun on his way, briefly glancing over towards the pair to follow him. “I’m sure we can find you two something adequate… for rookies like yourselves.”

Even at this time of night, the Nest’s Reclaimer Terrace was a bustling affair. Brightly coloured stalls were surrounded by brightly-dressed people, each going about their business. The widely varying scents of food from dozens of different surviving Feilan cultures filled the air, and the din of activity was cut only by the whir of landing aircraft. “The armorer’s over by the back wall there.” Sloane said. “Don’t know if he’s got enough stock left to make you two new gear, so just make do with what you get. I’m sure we’ll be restocked soon.” The bear would leave Nyulotha and Sakura to their own devices, but not before giving them one final instruction. “When you’ve gotten everything, report to Solomon. The boar with the white armor.

Sponsor

HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
United States of America

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:02 am

It wasn't long till the truck finally reached the stronghold, the spotlights which stood over the metal walls illuminated everything in a soft bright glow. These massive fortifications were incredible - the lizard simply stared in amazement as they passed through. It was finally over, this nightmare would come to an end and he would still be alive. With a sigh of relief, Uthix flicked the switch on the handheld light and set it back in the box. Even though he felt safe, somewhere in the back of his mind, fear held onto him - It was a faceless creature that didn't fear the light like the others and it never stopped whispering. Uthix remembered what they looked like so clearly - and - the sounds they had made left a sick feeling inside of him. It almost seemed unreal, as if a bad dream had become reality... sent by his father as a messenger from the depths.

The lizard blinked as he felt the truck bump against the terrain slightly, the breaks slowing it down to a walking pace. Uthix took in the sights once more, observing more than the gates this time as he took in the sights of Zhedrin’s Hold. It wasn't difficult to spot, on the top of the ruined starship was the familiar structure he had seen from afar just hours back, At this distance it looked incredibly bright and it was easier to get an idea of how big the starship had really been before it supposedly crashed here. With all the stimulation of sights to observe, it was easy for Uthix to get lost in his thoughts - there wasn't even a reaction from him by the time the truck finally came to a complete halt.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Sakura nodded as Sloan motioned for herself and Nyulotha to follow him. "I'd prefer something heavy in the armor department if it's possible." She commented as they headed down to the main terrace of the Nest. When they reached the main terrace, she took a long look around. She hadn't realized just how much was going on up here when she first came up.

She nodded as Sloan pointed the way to the armorer. "Certainly, will do." She replied to his final instructions before he left. She looked at Nyulotha for a moment before she shrugged. "Well, I think I'm going to go see about some armor first, care to join me?" She asked the wolf before making her way toward the armorer.

"Hello." She called as she approached the armorer. "We were sent this way to see about getting something a little more suitable in the way of protection." She said with a slight smile. "I'd like something heavy if you have it." She added, hoping there was something available that was at least a little better than the hastily improvised chest plate she was wearing.

RaelScion
Outlaw
Species: Feline
United States of America

Post by RaelScion » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:25 pm

Nyulotha nods at Sloane. "I would rather not be walking around out there without anything between me and a blade in the dark beyond a bit of fabric most likely older than I am." That raises a question in her mind, how old is she? Her eyes betray nothing, though, as she looks around. She follows Sloane and Sakura down to the Terrace. Her glance flickers here and there as she familiarizes herself with the area.

As Sakura addresses her, she nods briefly. "I am curious to see what they have to offer." She crosses her arms behind her back, glancing from side to side as she makes her way to the armorer at the back. Nyulotha hangs back to observe the armorer's process after Sakura makes her request, watching with mild curiosity.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Adric’s ears swiveled towards the two women who’d arrived at the armorer’s workshop just after he’d finished. Naturally curious about this, he’d continue to make adjustments to his own piece of armor, listening in just closely enough to gather what was happening. These two were like him, it seemed. New to this place.

The rat behind the counter let out a small hum as he begun to rummage about inside old crates of various size and shape stacked about in his workspace. “No more print material. No more Dust.” He said. Eventually, however, he’d produce two bundles of what appeared to be thin ceramic-type plating laid over a deep grey bodysuit. A pair of old chestplates accompanied these, their dull chalk blue paintjobs worn to show bare alloy underneath. The sets of armor were tied together by what appeared to be long, tattered pieces of fabric, probably once brightly coloured, same as the garments of other, more experienced Reclaimer. The armor didn’t look like it’d stop a bullet, but it was better than nothing. “Last print was for him.” The rat gestured towards Adric, who appeared to be a little more well-equipped than the two females, if only for the single piece of armor he’d been given.

The hare would scratch the back of his neck, giving Nyulotha and Sakura a nervous little grin. “Sorry about that.” He shrugged. He’d take a moment, before extending a gloved hand towards them. “Adric. I think we’re in the same situation here. You two look new.” Adric introduced himself, figuring it to be the decent thing to do. They looked just about as lost as he was. "A fox told me to report back once I got this armor, it'd probably be a good idea if you tagged along. I wanna know what's going on here."
-o- The occupants of the truck had already begun to pile out by the time Uthix had come to his senses, with one of them giving the reptile a quick punch to the shoulder. “Wake up, pal. End of the line.” They’d say. Now that they were under direct illumination, Uthix could finally make out the details of his rescuers. The person who’d pulled Uthix onto the truck in the first place was revealed to be a feline of some kind, though her features were mostly concealed by a large, hooded poncho she wore over her body. “Now, I dunno whether to take you up with us or leave you down here with the civvies, but I’ve got a hunch about you. What’s your name?” she asked, reaching out and up to help the reptile off of the back of their truck. She’d soon be accompanied by the other members of her group as they ushered Uthix up towards the Nest.

HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
United States of America

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Uthix blinked slightly as he was punched in the shoulder, coming back to reality. Just a slight shiver came from him as he focused on the details of the occupants on the truck who had risked their hides to save him. "I-I'm awake already... I'm j-just trying to get ahold of myself." He softly muttered back, his voice was shaky and weak and it was clear he was still terrified. Uthix turned his gaze back to the feline in the poncho who had helped him up onto the truck in the first place. She was making her way off the top of the truck, Uthix following as he accepted her help and climbed down slowly, resting his good foot against the ground before he let his injured foot touch.

At first it wasn't so bad - just a slight bit of pain... It had been a while since he had taken the drugs... But he let go from the truck, a wince on his face as he felt weight shift onto his foot. It was a dull, horrible kind of pain. Bone against bone that sent a crawling pain up his foot. Taking a deep breath - he was careful how he walked on it, turning to reply to the Feline. "Uthix... You can call me, Uthix. I... d-don't know where I am, to be honest. T-Those creatures, t-the ones that attacked me earlier... W-What the hell were those? And why were they after me? I have so many questions..." Uthix spoke up, his first words weak and quiet under his breath before he spoke up sharply this time, his voice easier to hear, but still quite stuttery.

The reptile would go with them as they guided him towards the tower, supposedly known as the nest. Unfortunately, he was rather slow and stopped every now and then to take in the various sights - he wasn't from around here and that much was made obvious if it wasn't already. By the way and the speed at which he walked, it was clear that he was injured because he avoided putting too much weight on his right foot - not to mention the makeshift splint he had made for himself. It had seen better days when it was first administered, but now it was falling apart.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Sakura's expression visibly fell just a little when the rat behind the armor counter mentioned that there was no more print material left. She wasn't sure what the print material was, but judging by the way he said it, she figured it was the preferred armor material. She watched as he rummaged for something else instead.

She couldn't help the small sigh that escaped as she saw what was available; it wasn't much better than what she was already wearing, but it was better. "Right. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose. Thank you." She replied as she took the offered armor. She looked over at Adric as the rat pointed him out, and gave a slight frown. "Well, looks like you had better luck on the draw." She commented, shrugging when he apologized. She nodded when he mentioned them being new. "Well, I can't speak for her, but I am. My name is Sakura." She replied.

She looked a little uncertain when Adric suggested they tag along with him to meet a fox. "Well, we were told to meet up with a boar named Solomon. I suppose we can look for them on the way." She reasoned with a slight shrug.

RaelScion
Outlaw
Species: Feline
United States of America

Post by RaelScion » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:24 am

Nyulotha frowns, a bit irritated that she cannot achieve her objective, but brightens at the sight of the older armor. She picks it up and immediately begins examining it, tapping it with claws, scratching it, hefting it. She inspects the piece of armor from side to side, front to back. She inspects every rivet, every fastening, every strap and buckle. Satisfied that it will stop at least one attack, she nods. "It will be sufficient," Nyulotha proclaims; "I am satisfied with it." She buckles on the armor and adjusts it carefully.

As Adric offers his hand, Nyulotha reciprocates the gesture, shaking his hand firmly and briefly in a businesslike manner. "Nyulotha," she responds to his introduction. "I can't offer much beyond what I've seen, but something significant is about to happen. We are apparently going to launch an assault on the den of something dangerous. More than that I do not know myself." She gestures at the armor. "I sincerely hope that this is enough." The suggestion that they follow Adric draws a shrug from the wolf. "If it means more answers, certainly."

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:11 am

“Those’re Husks, Uthix.” The feline spoke, raising her raspy voice slightly as the lift begun to work. Large motors at each corner of the platform hummed deeply, each contributing to the lift’s increasing elevation. “What, don’t you know that? They’ll go for anything with a pulse, especially if that anything’s kicking and screaming like you were.” It seemed that the presence of such creatures was a normal thing, though without answers to his questions, it’d be hard for the reptile to imagine why. “Their kind’s been getting real bold, pushing us back ‘s far as they have. Word is that Solomon wants all hands on deck for something crazy, so…” Just as the lift had come to a stop at the Nest, the feline would introduce herself. “I’m Fen, by the way. Strike Team Golden. We’ll probably see each other around again. Go get that leg of yours looked at by the way, I’m sure we’re still good on gel.”

Fen stepped off of the platform to accompany the rest of her team, leaving Uthix completely unsupervised and unguided. Reclaimers walked to and from around him, each going about their own business while Nest technicians worked tirelessly on various control screens and maintenance panels to keep the building running in peak condition.

-o-
“Solomon needs to make more supply runs.” The rat muttered, “Hard to do with Nereid presence, though. Worm nest sitting on a Dust mine.” To the three, it would seem that the armor had more of an idea of what was happening than most. More mystery words, though. He’d gesture Nyulotha and Sakura towards the worn piece of cloth that had acted as a bundle for the armor, making various hand motions. It seemed that she was supposed to put it on… somehow. As soon as they were satisfied with the equipment they’d been given, the rat went back to work on a peculiar-looking rifle on his workbench, allowing them to converse uninterrupted.

Adric shuffled his feet while the two mentioned their own tasks. “I saw a boar hanging around Astra.” He said. “Maybe he was the one you’re talking about. It seemed to me that those two are the leadership around here. By the way, do I look colourful enough to fit in?” He’d look down at himself, spreading his arms out in front of him before letting out a short chuckle. “Anyway, I don’t suppose they’re in the same place.”

He begun to head back over towards the operations center of the Nest, glancing over his shoulder to signal to the two women to tag along. His eyes darted between the two, whispering under his breath to commit their names to memory. Something about them seemed familiar. Like he’d met them before some time ago. He couldn’t quite place it.

As they entered the ops center, Adric would be approached by the same fox he’d mentioned before. She seemed pretty upset about the pair he’d found himself with: they’d dwarfed her considerably. “Looking good, Rookie.” She smirked. “Seems like your friends got the short end of the stick. The last two people I saw wearing that particular gear died horribly.” She’d turn towards the two, giving them a begrudging nod. There were already enough tall people around, she thought. “I’m Astra Mir, leader for the Reclaimers. Sloane told me he’d met you two already, seemed to like you. Come on, I’m gonna hand you bunch over to Solomon, he needs to talk to you.”