Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

ASTRAL [Closed: Asyriel|RaelScion|HawkerTheGreat]

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
RaelScion
Outlaw
Species: Feline
United States of America

Re: ASTRAL [Closed: Asyriel|RaelScion|HawkerTheGreat]

Post by RaelScion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Nyulotha nods cordially. "Nyulotha," is all she says by way of introduction. There are some definite questions forming in her mind, but it is not an acceptable time to ask them. Too much else is already going on, and Sakura's remark about their new comrade needing medical attention is just another bullet on the list of things that need completed before she can indulge her own curiosity. Regarding being lost, she remains reticent. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, and all. The wolf continues observing everything going on around her, focusing only a portion of her attention on the remainder of her new team. She'll have time to familiarize herself with them later, but it seems that this settlement might be out of reach, at least for a while. Once things turn once more to something she can grasp, then her attention will swing back that way.

Sponsor

RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Adric’s attention quickly shifted towards the reptile’s injured leg, rushing forward to grab Uthix and pull his arm over his own shoulders. “Uh, yeah. I think getting this one fixed up is something we should do first before we talk about setting a team up.” He’d support Uthix’s weight, taking a few tentative steps forward. Astra would simply point towards a small door at the left side of the complex, marked with a familiar symbol: two serpents surrounding a winged rod. “Thanks.” Adric nodded, now turning his attention to the two women he’d apparently been grouped up with. “We’re a team now, I guess. That probably means we should all be around for this.”

The short fennec was suitably impressed at Adric, who seemed, at least to her, to have been shaping up as a pretty good leader. She’d shrug to herself, turning back around towards the massive holotable she’d been standing beside to continue working. “Find Solomon when you’re done. He’s a big, scary boar in grey armor.”

The medical bay was expansive, roughly half of the main chamber’s size. Red jumpsuit-clad medical staff walked between cots lining the walls while small drones floated close behind to carry medical supplies and tools to the med-bay’s many patients. It seemed, from the number of brightly-clad adventurers sitting around in the room, the Reclaimers had taken a considerable hit. Adric shifted in place, tossing Uthix’s arm further up his shoulder to support the reptile better while he ushered him towards one of the medical staff, handing his new teammate off, much to the medic’s dismay. “You do realize we don’t have any more space to keep wounded. Whatever you Reclaimers are doing, you ought to do better.”

The only reply the hare would have would be a short, awkward nod.

HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
United States of America

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 pm

(I hate to be the person who holds this up, I highly, highly, highly, apologize for the wait.)

Uthix wasn't in any condition to put up a struggle as the hare took his arm and lifted his weight off his foot. Unfortunately, it didn't make him feel any better about his shattered foot, the reptile in fact only felt more embarrassed and lost. With the weight lifted off his foot, he slightly lifted it, moving it slightly to be greeted by a sharp, but dull pain in his foot. Uthix was quite confused, It was as if he'd never met any of these 'reclaimers' and they were already taking him in and claiming him as one of them. "-U-Uthix... I-I sorta just woke up this way.-" He states, stopping to glance at his injured foot for a moment before he turned his gaze back to Sakura, continuing, "And I w-wouldn't... be here, i-if Fen hadn't r-rescued me."

Staring, Uthix listen'd to the small fennec as she directed them towards what looked to be the medical bay before directing them to a 'Solomon', who was apparently a scary 'boar'. The reptile didn't seem too thrilled, but allowed himself to be helped towards the medical bay by Adric who had been the only one to let his broken foot rest.

Pushing past the doors into the medical bay was a interesting sight, Uthix was far from the only injured as far as he could see. It was packed in here, injured creatures laying in the various cots, being attended to medical personnel in uniform. With a tug of his arm, Uthix snapped back to reality, walking forward with Adric's help and locking his sights on one of the more busy looking staff who didn't seem too excited to meet another injured 'reclaimer'. "I-I... U-Uhhh. S-Sorry?... We're...- I'm new h-here, I w-wasn't aware." The reptile starts, shaking his head a bit as he stutters his words, only making the situation more awkward than it started, "I've got a s-shattered foot, b-but I woke up this way." Uthix finished with a clear sigh.

The painkillers would have worn off mostly and Uthix could feel the dull pain in his foot, it felt extremely uncomfortable.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Sakura was a bit appalled that someone who was supposed to be a medical professional would talk in such a way. She took a step forward, relying on her imposing size, and muscular frame to hopefully add a bit of intimidation factor. "Hey now, give the guy a break." She spoke up. "He's only just awoken and been rescued from the field. He needs a bit of care, and you can give him back to us if you don't have the room. Patching up a broken foot shouldn't need convalescence in the infirmary anyway." She finished. As she spoke, she'd balled her fists and tensed up a bit with her outrage at the flippancy she perceived from the medical personnel that had addressed them.

As the medical personnel took Uthix to work on his foot, she stalked back to the rest of her new teammates. "I hope that's not the normal attitude." She commented as she leaned against a nearby empty bit of wall to watch. She folded her arms across her chest and watched how the medical staff treated Uthix while she continued to speak to Adric and Nyulotha. "Have either of you been able to remember anything that happened before waking up to this mess?" She asked them quietly. She was still feeling a little distressed about the fact that she couldn't consciously remember anything before waking up buried in a pile of rubble in a tunnel in the ruins of some ancient city.

RaelScion
Outlaw
Species: Feline
United States of America

Post by RaelScion » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Nyulotha seems flatly unperturbed by the medical personnel's behavior. In fact, when Sakura starts to bull up to the medic, the wolf rolls her eyes and snorts softly. "The first rule of front line medicine is triage. Priority goes to the most severe. A broken foot shouldn't take a space from a potentially fatal injury," she says to whomever might be listening to her. "Furthermore it does no good to protest it, because from the looks of things everyone is understaffed and short on supplies. Possibly to do with whatever massive undertaking we are being sent on," she muses aloud idly. "Even further, it is unwise to start off on antagonistic terms with those who might one day be called on to stitch your spleen back in place. This is all opinion, mind, so pay no heed to it if you like." She closes her eyes and shrugs, hands rising nonchalantly to shoulder height.

Once Sakura approaches with the question about before, Nyulotha becomes reticent. Her expression drops to an unreadable neutral from her previous wry humor. It seems that she has no intention of answering, until she has some idea what import the question has to the others. She'd rather gather information first than volunteer it.

RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:54 pm

Adric gave Uthix a concerned look once he was led away, though still within earshot of the group: all of the cots were occupied with Reclaimers who were in far worse condition. The reptile would instead be seated on a nearby crate while the medic produced a large, orange case to begin working on patching his foot up. He’d apply a translucent teal gel with some kind of gun-shaped applicator, spreading it around with their gloved hand. The gel felt cold at first, though quickly it begun to heat up as it dried into a kind of brace. It would let the reptile move freely, though he’d lose considerable feeling in his foot, leaving it numb. A quick, desperate fix. “This won’t hold in intense fighting, so be careful.” They’d say, packing the applicator back into the orange case, which would soon find its place on a wall-mount.

The hare, his concern now satisfied, turned his attention towards Sakura and Nyulotha as the former begun to ask a very interesting question.

“Waking… up?” Adric asked. For a moment, the memory of a field of golden millet surfaced from the depths of his mind. He’d begin to feel a dull pain in his eyes for just a moment.
The knife had a million terrible blades.

You were powerful once, and wise. Of fire and brimstone and wisdom. But the knife tore you apart. An insignificant shell of what remains. You are a stone in the river, small and simple.

There is one thing yet that remains. A black tower resides in the deepest corner of your memory, but how much of it, this sliver, can you trust?

Up. You must go up. A secret giant awaits you at the end.

He’d clutch his face for a moment, letting out a low groan. Were those his thoughts? He’d shake his head. “No, I… don’t remember anything after waking up.” Adric said. “From what I can tell, I’m some sort of pilot.”