Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

ASTRAL [Closed: Asyriel|RaelScion|HawkerTheGreat]

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: ASTRAL [Closed: Asyriel|RaelScion|HawkerTheGreat]

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Sakura looked down at the waystar she'd strapped to her wrist, and smiled at the idea that it would give them access to additional resources while they were in the field. It was at least a little reassuring to know that there would be places for the group to resupply. She continued to listen absently as Solomon went on to explain some more about the waystars and their capabilities.

She followed along as Solomon left the holotable and headed for the elevator. Her attention was still mostly on the waystar, but she perked back up a bit when Solomon addressed her question of transportation. "Well, a ride with somebody else is better than hoofing it at least." She commented when he pointed out that they wouldn't be receiving a transport of their own.

She nodded as Solomon explained who would drop them off, and how they would arrange for their transportation back. "Well, Let's get to it then." She said as she took the piece of cloth that had come with her armor and tied it so it hung from her hip. She turned to walk off, but stopped mid step and turned back to face Solomon again. "Is this their vehicle, or do we need to go find them?"

Sponsor

RaelScion
Outlaw
Species: Feline
United States of America

Post by RaelScion » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:25 am

Nyulotha is silent as things are explained. As they move from the table to the elevator, she experiments with the features of the Waystar, though one ear remains swiveled toward the majority of the group to take in what's being said.

"Fascinating. What do they key off of to locate us? Do they track one another's location? What about other information? Do they provide status displays? If so, what does that track and how does it work?" The elevator ride is punctuated with queries about the Waystars, their functions and operating methods. For once, the wolf is showing real interest in something, albeit a commonplace piece of kit. However, that's far more interest than she's shown in just about anything else, save perhaps baiting her teammates.

Upon arriving at the vehicle, she immediately begins looking it over studiously, as if cataloging its features. It looks as though she might unleash another barrage of questions, but restrains herself with a quiet clearing of her throat. "I volunteer to wait at this location if we have to find them, in case they turn up and need to be informed of our presence." Nyulotha certainly isn't shy about stating her thoughts, that's readily becoming clear.

RasHeart
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:24 pm

“I sent out a summons for the team that’ll be transporting you. They’ll be here soon.” Solomon paused for a moment, listening for the sound of an engine. “And the Waystars operate on signal beacons we’ve set up in various operating areas, allowing us to build a networked ma—” He’d be interrupted by the distant roar of an engine.

A bright red Rambler would very suddenly skid to a halt in front of them, kicking up a cloud of dust in its wake while its occupants climbed out. There were four of them, each clad in stylish, yet functional equipment. “This is Strike Team Bandit.” Solomon would call out. “They’re some of the only Reclaimers I can trust to move people and equipment quickly over Nereid territory. I must warn you, though. Once you’ve reached the Frontier Zone, you’ll be deep behind enemy lines. Husks will be the least of your worries there.”

“So these are the guys, chief?” A tall coyote stepped forward, mostly obscured by an orange cloak that seemed to match the colour of the fall foliage around them. He’d glanced over at them for just a moment before turning towards Solomon, who replied with a short nod. “They don’t look too special, what makes you think they can retake the FZ? We’ve already lost two teams out there.”

The white-clad boar nodded slightly at the coyote. “We’re shorthanded enough as it is, and normally, I would have either called in a more experienced strike team, or pulled out of the Frontier Zone altogether, but there are resources there that would be better kept from the hands of those scavengers.” Briefly, he’d turn towards the group. “Until you re-establish communications from our base in the FZ, your Waystars won’t work for navigation, though they will still be able to open most Reclaimer caches you find in the field.”

Adric stayed quiet for most of the conversation, but soon addressed one concern. “Most?” he’d ask. “Why not all of them? Did something happen?”

“Sometimes, the Nereid raid the caches they find, and often, these go into lockdown mode, meaning they won’t accept any regular Waystar key. If you find any caches in lockdown, mark their location somehow if you can’t recover them. Once the comms network is back up, you’ll be able to access a database of the caches’ last known positions. The Nereid like to move them if they can’t open them directly.”

The boar would soon gesture towards the Rambler, signaling for the group to board it, either on inside or on top. “Get ready. You leave immediately.”

RaelScion
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by RaelScion » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:09 pm

"If they've not been broken into already, then I suspect bringing them back will be our best bet," Nyulotha says, "though I would love to attempt cracking one open myself. Although... Given the lack of resources, I suspect the damage done to the case would probably be held against me." She laughs. "I would rather not accrue debt before I've scarce begun to earn my keep!" She crosses her arms and looks over the Rambler and its crew. Her thoughts aired, she falls silent again; watching, waiting and listening, until instructed to board the Rambler. Once bidden, she promptly climbs to the highest point on the vehicle that she can and still remain secure, settling herself in to keep a watch on everything around her.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Sakura had been about to volunteer to go searching for their transport when it came roaring up. She listened carefully as Solomon briefed them more on what the situation would be like once they got out into the field. The possibility of perhaps finding some better equipment in the caches sounded appealing. Of course finding caches in lockdown would be disappointing if their luck ran that way. "Sounds like getting the comms system back online is going to be the first thing we should worry about." She commented.

At the gesture from the boar, she immediately hopped up on top the waiting vehicle. She was ready to go; ready to be doing something. She got herself situated with her weapon ready at hand just in case, and waited for the others to be ready and the vehicle to begin their trip.

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:05 pm

Adric followed close behind his two new partners, climbing aboard the Rambler and settling near the rear of the hulking vehicle. He sat flatly against the floor, bracing his feet against the low-slung guardrail. “If we find a cache, I think our best bet would be to try and open it right away, don’t you think?” he’d reply, glancing over towards them. “Besides, I’ve got the feeling I could use some better equipment.” Once the four of them were safely aboard, the Rambler roared to life. It took a path through town, allowing the group a short tour down the main concourse of Zhedrin’s Hold. The ground had been paved with what was essentially cobblestone, while squat wood-and-metal structures lined the street. People moved to and fro, going about their lives like any other day: clearly, life in the Hold was good, all thanks to the Reclaimers that protected and nurtured it.

“Now that we’re a team,” Adric called out over the din. “I feel like it’d be a good idea to get to know each other past our names.” He’d pause for a moment, allowing someone else to get a word in. “I woke up in some kind of wreckage. A starship, maybe. Don’t know how I got there. To be honest, I don’t remember much of anything past making my way to the town.”

After a while, the crowded buildings of the town’s central district begun to thin out as they strayed further and further from The Nest until all that remained were ruins; the sites of previous battles within the Hold. The Rambler came to a stop at a large wall connected to the skeleton of the massive starliner husk the town was built underneath. The gate opened slowly, soon revealing a dense forest with a single dirt road weaving through it.

RaelScion
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by RaelScion » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:43 pm

Nyulotha needs to shout to be heard from her elevated, wind-scoured position. "I don't remember anything either. I woke up from a bizarre dream, and tumbled out of a glass tank full of some rancid-smelling liquid. I don't know what it was, just that it was hidden inside this cave not far from the Hold. I could probably find my way back if I had some daylight and a few minutes to orient myself. I found the shotgun and some clothes in it. Looked for the world like some of it had been stripped for parts, on the far side of a tunnel collapse anyway. Tin or something was used to panel the walls, they'd pulled all that off to get the copper wiring behind it." She raises her head to peer forward, familiarizing herself with the landscape of her new environment. After a moment, she speaks again. "I don't know what it was, but something pointed me at the Hold, told me which direction to walk. No words, just a feeling."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:45 am

Sakura nodded her agreement as Adric suggested they outfit themselves from any cache's first before bringing them back. "I'd love to get some better equipment. " she commented with a meaningful look down at her obviously second hand armor.

She was mildly surprised that Nyulotha actually told them how she'd recently awoken. The cagey answers they'd gotten from her up to this point left a certain expectation that she'd broken.

"I'm in the same boat as far as memory goes" She shared after Nyulotha spoke. "I think it was a dream. I slipped and fell into a pool, then the next thing I know, I'm gasping air into lungs that feel like they'd not been used in ages. I was mostly buried in some sort of tunnel collapse. Outside the tunnel seemed to have been some old battlefield; I found a working weapon, and something to use as makeshift armor. After I found my way out, I just picked a direction and started walking. I eventually found my way to the hold" She shrugged at the end of her own story. She became more attentive to their surroundings as the gate opened, and they made their way back out into the hostile frontier.

HawkerTheGreat
Thief
United States of America

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:23 pm

(Just gonna catch up here, its safe to say I'm back in the RP.)

Uthix had scrambled into the rambler with the others, this time choosing to sit inside rather than on top. He figured it might be safer on the inside - and - he could still watch from the windows as they were driven along. Sitting near the middle of the rambler, the reptile could still catch what his squad mates were talking about while sticking his muzzle between the bars to watch the passing buildings as the rambler made its way towards the gate. His curly horns made it difficult to get a good look, as they'd hold his head in place behind the bars when he leaned too far forward, but of course, he still tried his best.

After the rest of them spoke, Uthix finally managed to pull his head out from the bars after he had gotten his horns caught in a tight grip between the bars. He looked towards the others, speaking up this time so they could actually hear him. "Probably a good idea... I mean, considering I only have a low caliber pistol and two mags of ammo." The reptile commented, wiggling the holster around his waist with his paw. Quite a few moments of silence went by from Uthix, who looked to be in thought as he questioned what he'd tell his team about. Unfortunately, he too didn't remember much about who he was or where he came from before waking up - of course other than his name and what exactly he was. It felt like he had been alive for much longer, but all his memories had just disappeared, as if he had just up and forgotten anything important.

'There must've been more to the crash, a fight - a struggle - maybe a large battle?... But what?...' By this time Uthix had his paw on the underside of his muzzle and he seemed in a deep trance, before he snapped and immediately proceeded to begin talking once more. "I don't remember anything... Its as if I never existed until yesterday. I woke up in a suit and a small space fighter with a broken leg. Had I not... Escaped when I did, - and found help... I might not have made it. These... Creatures..." The reptile spoke, his words becoming a bit more convoluted as he talked, eventually pausing and shivering a bit. The scales across his body noticeably stood up a bit more. "Fr-reaks... I-I believe Fen c-called them H-Husks. Even after I shot it multiple times, i-it just... kept walking!" He continued speaking, his words seeming a lot more stuttered.

Uthix placed a paw on his head, brushing it over his eyes before he turned back to the window to watch the beautiful green trees roll by outside, sticking his head between the bars of the rambler with interest. This time, however, he was sure to keep his horns from locking into the bars.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:51 am

“Wonder why, though,” Adric mused. “we all found ourselves here in the same way.” He let his ponderings linger for a moment while he took in the sights of the ever-deepening forest surrounding their Rambler as it tread slowly down the worn dirt path. Evidence of civilization lingered, even out here, ancient but identifiable. Old signs, marked with a language they could just barely understand lined the path, ever increasing in proximity. No doubt they were growing nearer to something. “Those Husk things sound like trouble.”

Their conversation did not go unheard by Strike Team Bandit, who would pitch in once Uthix and Adric had mentioned Husks. “The Nereid are crawling all over the FZ. The deeper you go, the more you’ll see, and more than just Husks, too. Aim for the head, and if you get in a brawl with one, grab ‘em by the skull and squeeze.” The orange-clad coyote smirked, glancing over his shoulder at Uthix. “What’s inside doesn’t taste too bad if you’re in a pinch, either.”

The path begun to open up and ahead of them, they could see the ruins of a large city: its once-proud spires of steel and glass now overgrown with flora. Nature had reclaimed the land it had lost over the course of hundreds of years. “Welcome to the Old Edwin Frontier Zone.” The coyote grinned. “This place used to be called… uh… Ol’ Nottingham.” The Rambler begun to slow, and eventually came to a stop beside a large sign bearing an old sigil. “Be on the lookout for pre-Cataclysm tech, specifically stuff from the Party Era. Whatever was going on back then, seems like they needed some pretty nasty gear for it.

Anyway, I did you guys a courtesy and marked the forward base on your Waystars. If you pull it up,” The coyote raised his arm, holding the bracelet on his wrist at a horizontal. “like this, a waypoint’ll show up on the map. So far, we can only get local scans of the area, so until you get that uplink back, you’ll be maneuvering blind.”

Adric hopped off of the top of the Rambler, glancing back towards the rest of his team as he pulled his rifle forward from over his shoulder. He’d listen to the coyote’s advice before taking a single step forward. “Gotcha.”

The concrete below was obscured by a four-inch deep blanket of water that seemed to persist throughout the city: massive swathes of the old ruins had sunken, perhaps due to erosion, earthquakes, or some ancient combat. Compared to the tall steel-and-glass structures in the distance, the buildings here were lower to the ground and made from stone and brick. It appeared that this was the Old Quarter of the city. Rusted cars lined the streets, providing ample cover and concealment for both them and any enemies hiding in wait.

What secrets lied in these sprawling ruins? Image

RaelScion
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by RaelScion » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:51 am

"With anything resembling good fortune, we'll find our answers out here," Nyulotha says in reply to Adric. "Regarding those Husk things, where do we aim if we want to take them down in as few shots as possible? I'd rather not have to punch them to death instead." She chuckles wryly. "If that does become my only option, though..." The wolf trails off vaguely and shrugs. As the Rambler slows, and talk turns to the Waystars, she listens quietly, taking the information in.

"These things will be massively useful," Nyulotha muses aloud, "perhaps more than any weapon," before vaulting off the Rambler and landing with an anomalous metallic clattering, even beyond the loose rattle of her weapon's aged pump action. She rises to her feet again and dusts her hands. "Your assistance is appreciated," she says to their hosts, with a courteous bow. Who would believe this curt, reticent creature can actually show something akin to manners?

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Sakura wasn't sure that Uthix should have come with them. "Aside from his injuries, he seemed much more shaken up by the idea of encountering the hostile creatures that roamed the wilds than the others.

She looked over at Adric as he wondered about the why of their situation. "Not a bad question, though I'm a might bit more curious as to the 'how' of it." She commented. "I hate to say it, but I think that we were all dead. At least until we woke up and weren't anymore." She finished with a shrug as if to dismiss the thought.

She listened and nodded as a coyote gave them some advice for fighting husks should they run into them. "Destroy their heads. Makes sense." She commented in reply. She looked around as they reached their destination. There was a sort of beauty to the place, civilization returned to the wilds. "Pre-Cataclysm..." She trailed off as she wondered just what the Cataclysm was. She shook herself and refocused on the task at hand. They had arrived, and there was work to be done.

"Thank you." She called as she hopped off the Rambler and splashed onto the water covered concrete below. "Head shots." She told Nyulotha when she asked where to shoot the husks. "I don't mind the idea of crushing a few heads." She commented with a laugh. "They'll be even more useful if we can get the network out here restored." She added on the subject of the waystars.

She pulled up the location of the forward base up on her waystar, then looked at Adric. "Who do you want on point?" She asked, ready to get this expedition started in earnest.

HawkerTheGreat
Thief
United States of America

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:31 am

Eyes set in the distance, Uthix watched as the landscape rode by, signs of long dead civilization almost everywhere. It was strange, unnerving, and frustrating at the same time for him. Seeing these remnants of what once was filled his head with thoughts and made up memories, ideas of what had come before all of this. As the rest of his team talked, he listened - recalling the events from yesterday when he awoke. There was nothing to remember before this, other than the dark figure he could only remember as his father. Perhaps it was true, Sakura could of been entirely correct. 'What if - Uthix had simply crashed long ago... Not this Uthix, the before Uthix, in a fight. Breaking his leg from the impact of the crash and knocking himself out. It turned out, that rather than waking up and freeing himself from the cockpit, he had simply asphyxiated in his sleep.'

The reptile was just paying enough attention that the voice of the coyote was heard. Turning away from the window, he stared across the cabin to find the owner of the voice. As much as Uthix regretted being pulled into this odd alien conflict, he wasn't ready to let his team down or flat out make a fool out of himself. With an uncomfortable look, he questioned, "W-Wait... Theres m-more than just the Husks?" Uthix nervously fidgeted with his bracelet as he leaned back in the seat. As the coyote turned to Uthix, he shifted his gaze back towards the window. The thought of drinking that disgusting blood-slime mixture was off-putting and he momentarily stuck his tongue out. "I-I really... d-doubt that's necessary..." He replied to the coyote with a low voice that would undoubtedly go unheard.

As the scenery slowly changed, Uthix moved his head back towards the window. The tall structures in the distance quickly rolled closer as the rambler traveled. The closer they got, the more dense the signs of civilization became and the more destroyed everything was. Nature had long since reclaimed this area and it had obviously been generations since these buildings had actually seen real traffic, he figured. Soon they came to a stop and Uthix stood as soon as the rest of his team started to climb down. He took one last look at the rest of the strike team inside the rambler, stopping to listen to the coyote. He moved over to the door and slid it open, letting in a stream of light before hopping down a short distance into the shallow water.

It was a cool feeling between the toes of his feetpaws, his feet shifting a bit as he stood in the refreshing water. It soaked the dry scales on his feet. He felt confident, despite being rather nervous. Reaching for his pistol, he proceeded to eject the empty mag that he had fired off at the group of Husks, swapping it with a loaded mag. It made a satisfying click and slid into position as he loaded it and racked the firearm.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

RasHeart
Marquis
Canada

Post by RasHeart » Thu May 09, 2019 10:01 am

(Hi, sorry for the delay!)

Adric peered closely at the signal pings around them. The one labeled with the tag ‘UPLINK’ was fairly distant, perhaps somewhere deeper in the city. It would take some time for them to get there. However, other signal pings dotted the area, each labeled with ‘UNKWN’, save for two.

One persisted nearby, labeled with a graphic of a lock. “Do you see that, guys? That could be one of those caches Solomon told us about. I—” Adric would be interrupted by the sound of something wading through the water nearby. It sounded as if there were more than just one set of footsteps, punctuated an alien clicking sound that Uthix would be intimately familiar with. Husks. And lots of them. “Oh, no…” He muttered to himself. Quickly, Adric would take his rifle in both hands, raising it up to a ready position.

A swarm of Husks begun to emerge from within the ruins on all sides, quickly descending upon the group. “Make a decision, guys…!” Adric grit his teeth, firing off a few shots to dispatch of any of the strange creatures that got too close. “Damnit, come on! We’re going to the uplink. The cache can wait!” Adric broke off, sprinting in the direction of the uplink’s ping.

RaelScion
Outlaw
United States of America

Post by RaelScion » Tue May 14, 2019 5:14 pm

The sound of approaching movement sends Nyulotha into a defensive posture, shotgun leveled. "Stay defensive, don't let them separate you! Follow Adric, let's go!" As a group of Husks draws close, she wheels and unloads a blast of buckshot into them before racking the slide on the shotgun immediately after. "Go, go, go!" As Adric starts moving, so does she, starting to move with a loping stride. Her movements are measured and precise, trying to keep herself within a step of each of her comrades so that she can advance or drop to aid them in their self-defense. "Keep moving!"