Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Subfursives (1980s Sci-Fi Non-Canon)

For non-canon Feila and non-Feila role-playing, the Twilight Zone offers a venue to experience all time and all settings. If you'd like to role-play in a time period that has no canon counterpart, or if you'd like to role-play on a world that is not Feila, then this is the place. All races are allowed, including humans.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: The Subfursives (1980s Sci-Fi Non-Canon)

Post by Asyriel » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Malcom shook his head when Turnpike mentioned killing cops. "I almost think that my be a mercy for them." He muttered with a slight shrug. Turnpike asked to borrow a phone, and before Malcom could tell him that there was one on the far side of the room they were in, the coyote was gone. "Sure why not." He said, addressing it to Turnpike though he had left the room. "There's one right over there."

Spike spoke again, and Malcom couldn't help the helpless chuckle that escaped him. "Nah, brought it on myself. Coulda just looked the other way like all the smart witnesses." His demeanor changed a bit though when she mentioned Turnpike not having a taste for blood. "That's all well and good, but that raises the question, can he handle it, can you? If something goes south in this endeavor, and blood's gotta be spilled, can you do it?" There was none of Malcom's normal jovial manner in his questions. He didn't know just how deep this rabbit hole was going to go, but he wanted to know that he could count on them to be able to watch his back if it came down to it. "Remember, we're talking about taking on SoluNet..." He trailed off with a bit of a shrug.

Sponsor

Larcen
Duke
Species: Coyote

Post by Larcen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:13 pm

"Yeah thanks, I found it!" Turnpike's voice called. He dialed, and a few seconds later, "Hello, Phil Clawson? Hey, Doc... Yeah, you know who this is. Listen, I need to know everything you do about SoluDyne's footmen..."

As her husband droned on in the background, Spike shifted, finishing off her sandwich quickly, but clearly unsettled by the question. "Well, uh, y'know, like, I mean, 'cuz, but...I don't know," she whimpered. Sure, her ancestors wouldn't have given two thoughts about ending someone. Would have enjoyed it. But they had been cruel and uncivilized. This world was different. Her savagery had been trained out by age two, and roller derby provided a safe outlet for the urge to beat on someone. What Malcom was suggesting made her nervous. She could bust someone up if they deserved it, break a muzzle or two, but actually take a life? The hyena gulped. Her answer was forestalled by an incredulous coyote in the other room.

"No. You're not serious. Hey, don't you f--! You're serious?! Oh, oh geez. So they're... they're, what? They're WHAT?! Then how could someone even stop them?! Oh. Huh. Yeah, I guess that'd be the best way. Geez...I just, this is heavy, Doc. Thanks. No really, you've been super helpful. Thanks again. Bye." The phone clicked, and Turnpike stumbled back into the room, the color drained from behind his fur. He looked at his wife and host with what soldiers called the two-thousand-yard stare, a look of dread on his face that could have sold Halloween decorations. "You...got anything to drink? Something hard," he requested as he sat down.

"Boo? What's the matter?" Meaty, spotted arms curled around him, but he didn't flinch. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Zombie is prolly closer, babe. Wanna known the reason the cops didn't sign up to be SoluDyne's super-soldiers? Because they ain't alive no more. Well, maybe they are."

"Boo, start making sense." A big, cold, wet nose kissed his cheek and shook him out of it a little.

"Okay," he sighed, running a paw through his slicked-back hair. "The good news is, we don't have to worry about killing anyone living. The bad news is, our job just got more complicated." A concerned yet frustrated look from Spike made him dispatch with the verbal dodging. "They don't just link up to SoluDyne through them helmets. What the bastards did was cut out their brains, man. And most of their giblets. Left 'em with lungs, heart, and brain stem, and the uh...parts of the brain where speech and movement comes from. The rest is just a sack of bones and muscle twitchin' around to SoluNet's puppet strings. They replaced everything else with some kind of computer box. Injects IV nutrition into them to keep 'em running, a mini dialysis machine to serve for liver and guts and stomach, with replaceable filter cartridges like a... a fish tank or whatever! The helmet connects to SoluNet, with little cameras and microphones. They send info to the 'Net, and it goes back in at electric speed to the helmet, and that triggers the speech and movement. These guys are dead, dead, man, but they aren't even allowed to die! That's why they used jailbirds. Oh geez... This...this is fff---... I don't even know."

"Well, well, how do we kill them? They wear them, y'know, bulletproof vests over their hearts and lungs and stuff, right? And their helmets are tougher'n mine."

"That's the thing. You can blow their knees off and disable them, and they won't even feel it. The only way is to shut down SoluDyne. Like I said, you don't have to worry about killing anyone. I think...I would hope they're already dead. Their, uh, spirits, right? They'd already be gone. It's just enough wiring and organs to make them move, and machines to maintain and control it."

"So I can like, do whatever I want to them?"
"Yeah."
"Good." That bloodlust inherent to hyenas was rising.

"We have to kill SoluNet from the inside, Mal," a haunted ex-gangster stated.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

You say 'fundamentalist' like it's a bad thing. X3

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Malcom watched Spike as she squirmed around his questions. His gaze was intense, and his eyes were hard; it was the expression of someone who had killed before, and would again if it became necessary. He didn't enjoy the thought, or act of taking a life, but if it came down to it he would. Spike's avoidance of his questions didn't instil a lot of confidence at that moment.

Luckily for them both, before the situation could continue much longer, there was an outburst from the Coyote in the the other room. Malcom sighed, and shook his head before leaning back in his seat. He raised an eyebrow a bit as he watched Turnpike come back into the room. He got to his feet after Turnpike sat down. "Sure, just a minute." He left the room for a few moments before he returned with a bottle of inexpensive whiskey. He suspected that Turnpike wasn't really in a state of mind to actually enjoy a drink at the moment, so he didn't bother bringing in any of the good stuff.

He set the bottle down on the cart with a glass. "Here you go, not sure what you normally drink, or how you take it, but I got the feeling it doesn't make much difference at the moment" He said as he returned to his seat. He listened to the back and forth between Spike and Turnpike carefully though he remained silent through it. All in all, he took the revelations a bit better than Turnpike had, though he did wear a look of mild disgust at the idea of what SoluDyne was doing. "Well, I suppose that does explain a few things." He said with a shrug. "Just means that more than anything, we need to take out whatever mainframe they've got running them." He frowned for a few moments. Spike seemed less worried about spilling the blood of SoluDyne's cyber zombies, but he still wondered how they would handle it if someone that wasn't zombified got in their way.

He laughed when Turnpike mentioned that they had to kill SoluDyne from the inside. "I'm sure that's likely to be the easy part. It's getting to that point that's likely to be the most dangerous. Either way, I'm going to want some heavier ordinance, and explosives." He paused before muttering. "Be nice to have a good sharpshooter watching our backs"

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Turnpike graciously accepted the booze and drank a shot straight from the bottle. Sorry, Mal, but this mind-screw kinda required it. Before he could knock back a few more ounces, Spike took the bottle from him, wiped the mouth of it with a napkin, and put it back. Woman always knew what was best for him. Her strong paw rubbed his back as he began to think hard and fast, his specialty since his crime days.

"Sharpshooter might work, but I want as few people in on this as possible--fewer next of kin to contact. Let's see..." he began, leaning forward and pressing the tips of his fingers together.

"Can't we just, y'know, blow it up? Bomb the place?" Spike wondered aloud. Turnpike pointed at her, half nodding.

"That's the basic idea, but a plane would get shot down by radar before we got close. Even a missile would get intercepted. Unless... hey!" he snapped his fingers, looking at Spike with a look that told her whatever he was about to say would go over her head. "That turtle, the one always going on about doomsday garbage." Spike shrugged, so he continued, looking at his knees as he remembered. "He said all they--Gawain I guess, or Kahun, or whoever he was afraid of that day--all they'd have to do was detonate a nuke in the upper atmosphere, and zappo, the...uh," *snap snap* "EMP? Yeah that. It would fry any electronics or computers in the continent. Should take down SoluDyne, unless half the building is lead. My guys could get ahold of a bomber from the EAF hangars, load up a nuke, and--" A spotted paw tapped his shoulder.

"Boo, wouldn't that put us in the Dark Ages too? The whole continent, you said. And like, hospitals and junk run on computers too."

Turnpike growled. "Yeah, that's true. Never mind. Okay, so we gotta pull the plug and smash it with a hammer from the inside, back to square one. So yeah, like you said, heavy ordinance. We'll need the good stuff. M-16s or whatever. Big clips. Heck my boys could raid an army depot, get us the nastiest stuff they can find. Saaaaay, a flamethrower might work; burn their muscles off, and they can't come after us. Eww. But then we need a way to get in. Just fetching a tank will be too conspicuous; we need subtlety. Tank's too slow anyway; they'd send out the reserves and blow us to kingdom come before we got close enough to target. Maybe an armored car? Yeah, the kind banks use. Long as they're not careening down the street, nobody notices them. We reinforce the bumper, turn her into a battering ram, and plow through the front doors. Take the eleva--what am I saying? Stairs, take the stairs up, dodging or taking out anyone in our way. Get to the central computer, and douse the whole bugger with coffee or whatever. Boom. Meanwhile, we contact the Fraternal Brotherhood of Outta-Work Fuzz or whatever they call themselves, to set up positions around town and keep any rioting under control that might result from all the zombies dropping where they stand. Most of those guys wanna serve anyway. Sound good? Anything to add, Mal?" Spike had nothing; this planning stuff was above her ken.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:12 am

Malcom shook his head at the suggestion of bombing wherever it is that SoluDyne was controlling their forces from. "Not to mention the amount of collateral damage from using something like a bomb. Plus, if they're smart, these jokers will have the important stuff underground where a bomb may not actually do anything to it." He commented, adding his own thoughts to what Turnpike said.

Malcom was happy when Spike turned Turnpike away from the idea of a nuke. "Not to mention the fallout could be devastating." He added. He nodded when it was agreed that they would need heavier weapons. "I was actually thinking something more along the lines of light machine guns." He commented. He grinned at the thought of rolling through with a tank. "Oh, modern tanks have plenty of speed on them, but you're right, it would be a bit conspicuous." He replied with a nod. "Armored car isn't a bad idea though. I'd rather use explosive on whatever systems they have though. It'd be a little harder for them to repair, actually, a few thermite grenades would be perfect for that." He rubbed his chin in thought. "It'd be great if we could get a map, or blueprints, or something to give an idea of the layout of the place before we go charging in. At least we wouldn't be running in blind that way." He sighed. "It's at least somewhere to start. I suppose we ought to see what we can manage to procure, and take it from there." He suggested, knowing that if they couldn't get what they needed they would need to revise the plan.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 pm

"I'll see what we can do about explosives," Turnpike pondered. He changed the subject. "We'll have to draw up a shopping list, try and get some blueprints if we can. If we can't, we set up a building demo, drop the whole place. Meanwhile, though, this is gonna take money. The folks I employ get paid a little bit for stuff, much less than it's worth. But they never have to run anything like heavy ordinance, and they ain't dumb. They're gonna want big money for these shipments, because the Domish coast guard is gonna be reeeeal interested, and if they catch us, whoever they catch holding it is gonna have a real bad day, know what I mean? So we're gonna need serious capital, like I said. Problem is, I don't have the liquidity to fund this venture myself. I've got assets, charities, stuff like that, so I can't just drop a pile of cash on it. So what do you have up your sleeve? Any ideas on how to turn a couple hundred thou into a few million?" Yes, he'd caught that little line from Malcom about not saying he didn't have anything.

Spike, this whole time, had pretty much resolved to sit with her paws in her lap. She was more action oriented. Show her what needed messing up, and she would be glad to oblige and mess it up. Have a little fun playing Rollerball Versus the Evil Dead while she was at it or whatever. As far as strategy went, though, she was in over her head. Go head, boys, do the brainy stuff. She was fantasizing about cracking a few bones while on skates.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:39 am

Malcom nearly growled with the frustration of everything they didn't know about SoluDyne and their workings. "We really need to know where they keep all those systems. Dropping the structure above ground on it won't do a lick of good if it's buried deep enough underground." He sighed, though he was still frowning when Turnpike brought up payment to his friends. "A few million for some machine guns and explosives? Seems a bit steep. I thought you had the smuggling angle locked down." He muttered mostly to himself "Hell, I can make my own thermite if I need to, the grenades are just so much more convenient." He paused, looking at Turnpike again, the conversation seemed to keep coming around to money, and it was making him a little wary of revealing just how much he had access to, so he decided to focus on Turnpike's last question. "I got a couple ideas." He eventually replied. "Probably the easiest one, though there's no telling if it would be worth it or not till we get there, would be to bust into Edwin's gold repository. Barring that, there's always gambling." He finished with with a wide grin and waggling eyebrows.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:13 pm

Turnpike waved off Malcom's misgivings about ordinance, curling his lip a little at the veiled insult to his smuggling abilities. He could commission an A-10 if he wanted to, and carpet-bomb the place. It was a piece of cake for him logistically to get most anything in.

"Reason for the price hike is that it's an extra risk. Everybody's so superstitious about Edwin that they wouldn't think of going there, unless they already know, and I pay for secrecy. Besides that, usually I only deal in consumer goods. Pull over a fancy yacht holding a GTO Judge, a few signed baseballs or John Wayne's hat, and you might get some funny looks, but there's not much to bust anyone over. Intercept a boat carrying a crate of M-16's and pineapple grenades, and you're sunk. It's hazard pay and the boys won't like it--remember, some of these guys are ex-navy. They're already compromising their morals just to get me this stuff; accomplice to domestic terrorism is more of a stretch. But anyway forget the thermite, I can get aircraft bombs if we want. Little clumsy though...aaaah, we'll figure out what we need when we know where we'll be. On that note, I'll get one of my contacts, ex-CIA, to sneak in and get us some plans. Don't sweat that part; our current concern is cash."

He stood and wandered around, thinking best on his feet. "Gold repository is out; I mean, come on, if that had been an option, you think I wouldn'a picked that plum on day 1? Problem is, gold bars have serial numbers, and serial numbers get tracked. I simply can't move 'em; no dealer is gonna wanna look at them, so unless you wanna melt 'em down into a sixty-foot-tall golden statue of yourself for the heathens to bow down to, they might as well be useless. But you said gambling?" Turnpike asked with a headtilt. That mischievous feline expression had confused him. "You count cards or what? 'Cuz if you got an angle, I'll foot you some seed money, make you a high roller, and you can pay me back. Anything we don't spend on hardware can go straight into your pocket for compensation. But seriously, what's your game?" Turnpike asked, sitting back down next to his wife and locking paws with her. Both wondered at the serval with rapt attention and perked ears. Spike was already fantasizing about a weekend on the Mazan casino coast.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Malcom chuckled when Turnpike mentioned compromising morals. "I doubt they would morally accept exactly what's going on with SoluDyne." He replied. "But I suppose that's not the point." He nodded when Turnpike mentioned he knew somebody that could get the plans for SoluDyne's building, glad that that much was easily handled.

He frowned when Turnpike shot down the idea of raiding Edwin's gold. "Nobody said it had to stay in bar form." He tilted his head with a slight grin at the idea of a sixty foot gold statue. "Could do that, but I was thinking something simpler like gold rings, but maybe I'll make that a personal venture later." He finished. his grin returned, more manic, as Turnpike pressed for more information on the gambling angle. "Count cards? No, lot of places use more than one deck at a time to try to combat that anyway." He said while shaking his head. "I'm good at poker, but I can get more faster playing other games." He chuckled. "Of course, once the casino catches wind that they're losing large sums quickly, they're going to politely ask us to stop gambling. Poker is slower, but we're less likely to be politely cut off." He shrugged, wondering if they would even believe him if he tried to explain his unnatural luck.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:07 am

"Hey, you're the alleged gambling sharp here. I'm just the guy who's gonna be using your kneecaps for coasters if you lose all his money," Turnpike clarified with a grin. "Anyway let's get going. We'll take my boat to the Mazan coast, get to know each other, lose the heat. Shop for suitable clothes while we're there, something that says big shots ready to lose money, and then hit the tables. Got your passport? Never mind you can't use it cuz they're looking for you. Luckily I know a guy can get us one or, well, three. Right then. Pack up your seasick bands and we'll get ready to go. I gotta make a few phone calls to get ready first, withdraw some cash outta my personal safe, make sure the boat's ready, all that jazz. You got any final preparations to make or can we leave asap?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:29 am

"Guess it's a good thing we're not going to loose it all then." Malcom replied, again wearing that slightly manic grin. "Oh, a boat. That could be fun." He replied, nodding as Turnpike listed off a loose agenda. "Right, I just want to grab a few things, and make a couple calls, and I'll be ready to go. Um, feel free to raid the fridge I guess." He called as he padded off.

He headed to his bedroom first. He pulled out a decent sized duffle bag, and tossed in some clothes that were appropriate for a boat trip, and a couple of his personal weapons just in case. Next, he headed down into the cellar. He slid a barrel out of the way before pulling a brick from the wall, and pulling out several stacks of cash. He tossed the cash into the bag as well before he headed back upstairs to the phone Turnpike had used. He dialed the phone, and after a few moments spoke.
"Hey, it's me, Mal."
"No, you know I hate it when you call me that. Look, I'm going to be away for a bit, and I need you to watch the place."
"Yeah, not sure. Couple weeks...a month...no idea really."
"Yes I will be back eventually."
"well, we'll see. Might be some things happening."
"All right, thanks. Bye."
He hung up the phone, and briefly debated making another call before deciding against it. He headed back to where he had left Spike and Turnpike with bag in hand. "All right, ready to go." He said with a smile, ready to follow the couple out to the car, and beyond.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Turnpike had never been much for waiting around to go forth with plans. The faster you got things done, the less they saw you coming, was his philosophy. After loading up Malcom's stuff in the trunk of the Rebel and the cat himself into the back seat, he and Spike piled in and they were off.

"Oh boo, you know how to treat a girl," the hyena murred, making him chuckle.
"Yeah well this is business for Mal and I, pleasure for you, I guess."
"Hey! I gotta be there to hang on your arm don't I? Look pretty and make sure you guys behave, y'know?" she grinned.
"Yeah I guess. Let's hope our luck doesn't cancel yours out, Mal," Turnpike quipped in a shockingly speciesist self-deprecation. The luck of coyotes was legendary, whether good or bad, but usually bad. And everyone knew hyenas were bad luck. At least those were the ageless stereotypes.

On they sped to the docks, up to a warehouse, one bristling with fancy goods. Electronics, cars, sports memorabilia, anything anyone would pay dearly for on the black market, or in the back room of a collectibles dealer.

"Welcome to just one of the hubs where all the magic happens. I've got locations like this all over Domus, distributing centers. Mostly employ displaced Edwinish, and most of the proceeds funnel through my charities to displaced families. This one's where I keep my personal funds and the Savannah Queen. Ironic name, but the wife liked it. Which means I liked it," Turnpike said with a chuckle, before being reminded that he was the one who'd come up with the name. "Well then, babe, why don't you and Mal get yourselves situated while I make a withdrawal?"

No snappy objection was made to this, so while Spike led Malcom to the yacht, Turnpike made arrangements by phone and took the trip and seed money from his safe. The Savannah Queen was technically a yacht, but not the kind of ostentatious mega vessel one might expect from someone so full of himself. While perfectly comfortable, it looked more like the class of boat some old guy would live in but rarely leave the dock. Still, she was shined up and in perfect shape for a voyage.

"So yeah like, welcome aboard," Spike said, finding a cheesy captain's cap and donning it, though her head was a few sizes bigger than the Savannah's true skipper. "Your bunk's in the front...uh, bow or whatever. There's a bar below decks, but this boat isn't like, big enough to hold a car or nothin'. Just kinda, y'know, cozy for two people to go have fun in. Plus a guest, heh." Her smile faded. "And Malcom, I'm sorry I like, kinda ruined your life and junk," she apologized, more sincere than her speech patterns usually sounded as she sat on the built-in sectional in the back of the ship.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:31 pm

Once they were in the car, Malcom leaned his head back, and closed his eyes. His ears occasionally twitching, and turning gave away the fact that he was still quite aware and listening to what was going on.

"Don't make it all about business on my account." He chimed in on the conversation between Turnpike and Spike. He shrugged when luck was mentioned. "Eh, well. If that starts to happen, the two of you may have to find something else to do for a while." He replied with a half-hearted shrug that implied he wasn't terribly worried about that scenario coming around.

As they made it to the docks, and they all piled out of the car, Malcom took a good look around. There was quite a bit going on around them on the dock. The operation was definitely much more than Turnpike had made it seem when he had told Malcom about it. "Color me impressed, quite the operation you've got going on here." He replied when Turnpike mentioned that it was just one of the hubs. He was genuinely impressed with what the coyote had assembled.

He followed behind Spike at an easy pace as she led the way to the yacht. Personally, he wouldn't have had any complaints about a mega yacht, but he couldn't complain about what they had going for them either. "Thanks." Malcom replied to Spike's welcome as he looked around a bit from where they were. His ears perked a bit, and he turned to more fully face the hyena as she made her apology. He flashed a smile that was much more genuine than the manic grins he been wearing since the talk of their current endeavour had begun. "I appreciate the sentiment, but don't beat yourself up too much over it. I've been in tougher spots than this, and pulled through ok...more or less...in the end. So long as we watch each other's backs, I think we can pull it off." He hoped at least.

Larcen
Duke

Post by Larcen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Spike smiled at the cat. She appreciated his forgiveness and reassurance. "I'm just glad you didn't meet my husband sooner," she joked, "Else who knows what trouble you two'd be up to." Always end on a joke.

Anon came the skipper with a zippered bank bag in tow. "A'right, let's shove off--" He quirked an eyebrow at a grinning hyena.

"Give it back," he insisted, beckoning with outstretched paw. Spike removed the captain's hat and hugged it to her breast in defiance.
"No! It's mine now."
"It doesn't even fit you; it's sized for my head."
"But I look cuter in it."

To that, Turnpike could only bite his lip, blink a few times, wag a pointing finger at her, and not really refute. Woman had a point. "You..." He huffed through his nose. "Be that as it may...gimme!"

"Oh all right fine!" Spike flung the hat to him like a frisbee, which he managed to catch before it landed in the water. She giggled at his one-handed, leaning way over on one foot grab.

"Go.. get in your bathing suit or something so my boat looks good! We're setting sail!" Turnpike barked, leaning forward to swat Spike on the tush. She whooped and fled below decks. "Women," he lamented, grinning. "Anyway Mal, make yourself comfortable, get yourself a drink, and we'll be there in a few hours."

With a coyote at the helm, the Savannah Queen rumbled to life and sailed off, leaving Domus behind for the time being. Spike returned topside in a sailor's cap, polka dot bikini top and...swimming trunks? At least the pattern matched, if not the cut, but they were indeed men's styled shorts. Hyena problems. "Like, ahoy Mal!" she called, heading toward the wet bar to whip up a little something. Might as well turn this into a pleasure cruise.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Malcom chuckled at Spikes assertion that she was glad that he and Turnpike hadn't met earlier in life. "The worst kind I'm sure." He replied with a wink, attempting to keep the mood light. He couldn't help but chuckle at the exchange between Spike and Turnpike over the hat. The chuckle became an all out laugh when Spike caught Turnpike up in a trapped statement, and he had to take a moment to work himself out of it without saying the wrong thing.

Once spike had headed below, and Turnpike insisted that he make himself comfortable, Malcom headed down to his room, and tossed his bag down next to the bed. He pulled out a pair of shorts, and a t-shirt that were more suitable for a vacation, and put them on before he headed back out.
From what he knew of Spike, he wasn't surprised that she wore shorts that were men's styled, though he wasn't quite sure what to make of the polka dots. "Hey, that sounds like a plan. I could go for a drink myself." He replied with a smile before following Spike toward the wet bar.