Twin Fangs: Paren and Naren ((Open))

Once one of the weakest nations of Feila, ruled and predominately populated by the Rodents. Recently, it has recovered from a famine and Civil War, leaving it governed by a duumvirate of King and Tribune. While still economically disadvantaged, its technology is surprisingly advanced, and it is primed to take a larger place on the world stage. Similar to Earth's medieval Spain.
FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief
Species: Chocobo

Twin Fangs: Paren and Naren ((Open))

Post by FreedomFighter »

The town of Soledad was so named because it was, well, solitary. Completely and totally isolated, in every sense of the word.

At some point, Paren's idiot family had decided it was an excellent place to build an inn. She was still uncertain which genius child had had the idea originally. Whoever it was, she nevertheless wished a thousand painful deaths upon them as she sat on her coils behind the visitor's book at the counter, propping her chin on a scaled palm. Her claws rapped a swift tempo against the side of her head. Her brow twitched. "NAREN! I'm going out!"

Shoving off the counter, Paren unloosed her massive tail from around her hips and slithered swiftly for the front door. Just as she reached it, a plain-looking wolf with an overly-made-up jaguaress on his arm pulled it open. Surprised, Paren slid to a stop and reared to her full height (an impressive seven feet) to fix the wolf with baleful jet eyes. "Aiden, that is not your wife. You'd better talk fast." Her forked tongue darted between her lips, idly stroking fangs that looked rather long and rather sharp. That was, after all, the point of the movement.

The wolf apparently noticed this and took a giant step back into the dusty path outside. "Uhm... Good morning... Paren..."

"Morning," she hissed, folding her muscle-knotted arms across her chest. "Does Naren usually let you in?"

"...Yes?"

"Figured as much. NAREN!"
Characters... You know you're curious...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6639

Sponsor

Ingolfr
Cub
Cub

Re: Twin Fangs: Paren and Naren ((Open))

Post by Ingolfr »

"NAREN! WAKE YOUR SCALEY BUTT UP AND GET IN HERE! NOW!"

Letting out a deep sigh, Naren propped himself up on his arms. Laying across a bed, and stretched out across almost the entire back room that served as his bedroom, Naren was sleeping quite peacefully. Until his twin sister called. With exaggerated slowness, Naren picked himself up and slithered his way through the door and into the main section of the inn.

"Yes, my dearest and most beloved sister?" Yawning and blinking the sleep from his eyes, Naren glanced over at the form of Paren, the bright light of daytime making his eyes hurt. Slouching, he grabbed a glass and filled it from the nearest water barel. "Is it time for my shift already? You know I hate it when you make me work early just because you get bored. I get bored too, ya know! But do I ever get to do anything special? Noooo! It's always, 'Naren do this' and, 'Naren do that.' Well when do I get to do something fun for a change? And who is that woman with Aiden?"

FreedomFighter
Thief
Thief
Species: Chocobo

Post by FreedomFighter »

Paren scowled and waited for her brother to drag himself out of his room and wander into the common area. He was, at best, nocturnal, and he preferred sleep to just about everything else in Soledad. Come to think of it, so did she, but that was just because there was so little actually IN Soledad. On a given day it was lucky for a single person to pass, and generally they didn't stop. Keeping the Coils Inn open fell to Paren, who, as a fighter-for-hire and warrior, made coin when she could. Naren, like his sister, could handle a blade, but preferred to win through guile rather than brute strength. His quick hands had often earned them good cash in a pinch.

Aiden had expected Naren to take his side, so he was at a loss for words. The jaguaress rolled her eyes and shoved away from the wolf. "This obviously isn't going anywhere. Work this out, then come find me."

"Do you usually come here to cheat, Aiden?" Paren asked pointedly.

"I...I... Naren, man, help me out!"
Characters... You know you're curious...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6639

Ingolfr
Cub
Cub

Post by Ingolfr »

Finally figuring out what is going on, Naren immediately bursts into a fit of hysterical laughter at Aiden's predicament. After a time of rolling on the floor and accidentally knocking over a chair with his tail, Naren gathers himself and moves to the side of his nearly identical sister, Paren. "And incur the wrath of Paren's mace? I think not. I'm far more afraid of her than you."

Looking at the backside of the jaguaress as she walks away, Naren then looks back to Aiden again. "And how did you get someone THAT far out of your league, anyway? I'm tempted to tell your wife just out of jealousy!"

Straightening himself up, Naren crossed his arms and settled into his normal glaring stare. Having just woken up and only wearing a basic loincloth as cover, it was easy to see why Aiden was so nervous of the two twins. While not as muscled as Paren, Naren was none-the-less quite intimidating with that glaring look and large build.