Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Coronation in Maze

Once one of the weakest nations of Feila, ruled and predominately populated by the Rodents. Recently, it has recovered from a famine and Civil War, leaving it governed by a duumvirate of King and Tribune. While still economically disadvantaged, its technology is surprisingly advanced, and it is primed to take a larger place on the world stage. Similar to Earth's medieval Spain.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Re: Coronation in Maze

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:37 pm

Well, that was encouraging! Miles was no stranger to public speaking and its terrors, though necessity had long since purged him of any stage fright. Really, when you were born bent and easy to break, your only hope in life was getting other furs to listen to you. Of course, once you got good at it, there was the more terrifying possibility of having everyone look to you when any difficult or impossible situation needed to get done. And the deeper fears and sorrows, when your words may have led followers to death and disaster...

*Noblesse oblige, sed regis obligat. You've got it all coming on top of you, haven't you?* Well, at least Arneo didn't look as if he was having fun. That was a big red flag, in a new king. Dark times are ahead when all the ruler can see are the pleasures of power.

It was of little surprise to those in the know, as far as international relations were concerned, that Miles and his retinue were at the front of the line of guests. Besides the ferret and his lupine bodyguard, this also included his personal healer, a grey fox by the name of Rulf Halas, who bore the impassive expression of one who might as well be here as anywhere else. He'd entered the young lord's service right out of healer's training, and had subsequently been dragged from Ansach to Salamenca and back on a series of rather-madcap adventures. He hadn't seen everything, but you'd have to work hard to surprise him.
Both the lordling's liege-furs faded into the background as Miles addressed the king. "Glad to see you're in this for the long haul; I can definitely see what David saw in you. You're a lot like him, you know, only with a bit more self-confidence and more trustworthy friends." He wore his brightest smile, and it was true. The former king, David Castillo, had to be more or less rescued from his own court before he could lead the remnants of his kingdom effectively, but once properly in the saddle, he was able to be great leader in his own right, anchoring a treaty that saved Maze from self-destruction. Arneo had the same sensibilities, only with a better start. Provided nobody actively sabotaged the raccoon, all should turn out well...

~***~

...Of course, that was probably too much to hope for. The castle was large, and most of the rooms were unguarded. After all, the guards had filled the first floor, and who tries to get into a castle via the roof?

Bird ninjas, that's who. Cloaked from below with the colors of the sky, a pair of beaked avians silently settled on the parapet, each counting to one thousand before moving. That was the key; stack to many maneuvers without pausing, and anyfur who suspects that something is there is still looking when you move. Eyes detect motion even better than objects.

The windows above were unglazed and unbarred, though the trapdoor inside was trickier work. By the time they had got into the castle proper, the ceremony was mostly over. The best opportunity they would have was between the ceremony and the banquet. Time to move fast...
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:18 am

The avians were not the only creature to enter undetected. Strangely enough, a nearly 7' tigress stood silently staring at the body of the dead paladin. Her black robes only hiding her armor. Her horns gleaned as lighting flashed from a side window. Her eyes glowed faintly, from the tears that streamed down her face.

The wings tucked gently against her back, tail dragging the floor. And through the walls, she could hear the sounds of festivities. The new king of Maze. It seemed so pointless to her to celebrate the beginning of anything when the eventual end was laid out before her. Her eyes brightened a bit as some inner sense warned her to danger. She turned slowly, and reached for the door as it opened before her. There stood a half mouse, half rat in magistrate's robes. His first instinct was utter terror. A massive demon cat stood before him. but she made no threatening move. She actually bowed softly. "Forgive me. I have come to collect the body of my mate. I will be leaving soon." "W..wait. please wait...." he hesitated, not sure what spiritual laws he just broke by telling a demon to wait. "Please. A little longer. Our people owe you a debt...and i will see it paid. Your mate should not have had to die. And if no more.... my village owes you their lives for what he did..."

The lion and his squire moved to the back of the line to meet the new king. They had a gift to offer, and the lion was feeling uneasy. This was all too calm. A demon inside the castle, her mate dead, and she was not on a rampage. That and the deceptive calm of the place. The lion had noticed those that did and did not cheer for their new king. He made note, as well as note of which countries representatives were doing and discussing when he could catch snatches of it. The lighting flashed through a small window and gleamed off his armor. If Catalina was to try something, she would have already.... unless she was getting her mates body already.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

arSyx
Assassin

Post by arSyx » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:53 am

Arneo was glad to see what was sure to be one of the very few familiar faces he would see today, though only slightly familiar, really. The raccoon's face lit up when Miles had given him praise. Given the crowd's mostly silent reaction, he wasn't sure he'd left a good impression, especially not to the one who had seen the new king fail to make conversation at his own coronation. It definitely helped put a bit of faith back in Arneo.
Still, there was a part of what he said that haunted him. What the former king saw in him... Arneo didn't know what to make of this. The fact remained that Arneo had never met David Castillo Bree in all his life, a detail surrounding his claim to the throne that continued to baffle him. All the evidence supported his new rule, but the uncertainty still ate at him. Why had he been chosen? Regardless, he couldn't dwell on it now.
"I appreciate that. I'll try to earn those compliments," Arneo spoke, wondering if he should bow his head. Wouldn't it still be a sign of respect or is it a faux pas for a king to do it? He'd ask Caius later..
"If we're to be honest though, it is thanks to you that we're even able to be here. I think we're going to work together just fine," the king spoke. It wasn't until after the ferret had left him earlier that the name Miles von Wexlar had finally clicked with him.
"And, er, thanks for talking with me earlier.." Arneo added in a hushed tone, smiling at the ferret.
Caius had remained silent the whole time, but looked happy to see Miles once again. He remembered the tense time during which they had worked together, and was glad to have the chance to meet under better circumstances this time around. However, these guests were here to see the king, and he would observe this without fail, though he did make a note to try and meet up with him later.

Arneo was about ready to say something else, until the corner of his eye caught something off. A hint of movement from a small object rolling along the floor, with an indiscernable symbol faintly glowing on it. A few others began to stir, but by this point it was too late.
Within seconds the entire lobby was clouded by a thick smoke. Arneo was caught completely off guard, sitting still and unable to process the situation until someone grabbed his shoulder. He almost freaked out until he realized it was a very urgent Caius, beckoning him to his feet.
"We have to get you out."
Arneo simply let himself be pulled along. It was all happening so fast. He could hear cries of panic and all sorts of movement around him.
-------------------------
Meanwhile, part of the intruders had broken off. There had been an unforseen problem. They had been given a way to detect the aura of their target, but somehow they ended up with two distinct signatures being picked up by the magical device they were using.
The second group was traversing a hallway away from the main lobby. They had a feeling that this signature was not being made by their target, since they knew theirs was a high-profile one and they would probably in the main lobby. Still, they could not afford a mistake. Jobs like this were not completed by assuming anything.
As the cloaked avians threw open the door in the hall, weapons drawn, they were greeted by the sight of a rodent hybrid and... a tall, demonic tigress. That was most definitely -not- their target.
The cloaked ones stood in stunned silence for a bit before taking a step or two back... then breaking out into a full run towards the main lobby. Whatever the hell it was, it wasn't their problem. The best thing would be to regroup and focus on the real objective at hand.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:39 pm

It was not unheard of for Kings to bow their heads, but it was generally considered to be a bestowing of honor not to be used lightly. Having helped secure two Kings already upon their thrones, Miles was rather used to receiving them by now. "Glad to hear it. I won't trouble the feast with further business, but I should like to talk to you later. My own King will be most displeased if he hears I've been using the travel budget just to go to parties." And he took his leave with a laugh and a wave, fully intending to mix with the locals. High official meetings would happen later, but this was a good opportunity to catch up with the rank-and-file.

But, the best laid plans of mice and ferrets...

The job was never going to be simple. Inexperienced as Lucas was in the ways of avian rulership, he was neither fool nor coward. He was surrounded by elders with an interest in continuing his rule, and he himself was a vicious fighter and skilled worker of magic. Only by surprise could the mission be accomplished, and no better opportunity than now could have been selected.

*And the Patrician no doubt knew that those with an interest in cutting off the Lifeblood of Scarborough would be here as well.* The lead ninja reflected. All in all, it was too good to pass up, only...

Only now, they had half their number in the main chamber. The smoke bomb obscured them from sight, but also might allow their main target to escape. The panicking crowd was continually getting in the way. Still, they wouldn't get paid any less for... collateral damage...

There was a scream, brief and piercing, that died with it's emitter from a poisoned blade. If the smoke didn't do it, that would have started the full panic in earnest.

Thari, always the diligent bodyguard, had bowled over all bystanders to reach his liege-lord, lifting him above the danger of being trampled. For his own part, the diminutive ferret wasted no time in his elevated position, whistling sharply. "Alle, alle! Hic, hic!" It was broken Mazan, but the soldiers and paladins present would have recognized the rallying cry. *Just like old times, eh? Let's see if I can't get them over here...* Miles was used to taking command of chaotic situations, he'd often created chaos just so he could have a better control of the situation! Unfortunately, this might have some adverse effects on the perception of Arneo's own capabilities...

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:22 pm

In all the chaos the Paladin and his squire acted. The fox rushed to the king. placing himself between the new monarch and any possible threat. Though he couldnt see, he could hear. his training helping him filter out the shouts and listen for approaches. His short sword in one paw, the other trying to ready for a punch or kick.

The paladin himself formed magic in his paws. The smoke swirled away from him. but only a foot away. He tried to locate the attackers. but what his magic found first made him shiver. The door the other ninjas were trying to get through blew apart. scattering splinters everywhere. the ninjas were not what came through. The one coming through first was a seven foot tall, very angry succubus. Her cloak blew off as she flared her wings and roared loud enough to shatter the windows in the room.

The tigress' weapons flashed as she moved. The smoke actually fled from her as it was blown away by her wings. Catalina snatched up one of the ninjas and held her blade under his throat. She hissed threateningly before roaring in his face. Screaming in rough Mazian she held the poor sod up by his beak. "Si autem et vos ripp LUCTATIO ANIMAM ET DE ANIMA TUA NUTRICOR !!!!" Her voice was shrill. Her eyes stained with tears. Her eyes glowed brightly, but not in anger.

The tigress felt eyes falling on her and gave her wings a flap hard. Clearing the smoke from the room with both wind and magic. Her tone lowered into a dangerous level as she kept speaking. "Nunc ergo audi vocem bene mortalibus . Omnes occidatur pede . Ego evello , si animae de qua volebam . Tu pueriliter cogitationes clamatis . Melius est , filia mea possit moribus. Non intelligitis stolidi. Maritus meus iacet in loco in ipsa arce frigus . Cogitatio stulti estis . Sed hic moriar si quisquam me recipit sistit vitam.."

The paladin came forward slowly, "Catalina... this isn't your matter..." "My husband died to protect these mortals. I think that places them under my jurisdiction child. As far as I am concerned.... All of Maze was his to protect. And so with his death, its now my duty." She said softly. she applied a fair squeeze to the bird's beak in her paw. enough he would be in pain. "I could have killed every living thing when I arrived. You didn't detect me did you? You didn't sense me until I wanted you too.... stand down kitten." The scrape of metal, and then he held his sword. "I cant allow you to kill him. Even if he is a killer. I have my duty." glancing at his squire the lion spoke. "see to it the king is protected. Get him to safety. The guards will be here any second. And I doubt anyone will try anything with a very angry succubus in the middle of the room...."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

arSyx
Assassin

Post by arSyx » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:57 am

When the smoke had mostly cleared away, Arneo and Caius, accompanied by the two guards that had mobilized to their aid, had nearly reached the door to the council room. However, the sound of a dying scream amidst the chaos had given Arneo pause. The raccoon stopped in his tracks and looked back, only now realizing a horrifying fact that had not occurred to him.
"They're killing anyone they can..." he muttered, locked in place with trepidation and uncertainty. Arneo had assumed they would be moving swiftly to eliminate him and no other, but this… Caius made a move to grab his hand but Arneo rejected this.
"My lord, we must keep moving," Caius spoke frantically. Arneo had never seen the black mouse lose his composure. The crisis had visibly shaken him.
"Not if they're dying out there on my account,” Arneo sternly refused.
"Cast aside your pride, sire! This nation cannot afford another dead king!"

Arneo had vaguely heard the words, having been lost in his own head. It was all so much at once, just like before. Almost immediately, and without any warning, his mettle as king was being tested. But that was how life worked, wasn't it? You could make all the promises on how you will 'do your duty', but it was easy to say such bold things when the opportunity to make good on your promises was just a distant shadow looming just outside the realm of expectation. That shadow was here, though. Lives were being lost. These were lives of those who had put their trust in coming to a safe palace, and now they were being taken while the new ruler they celebrated left them all to be slaughtered.
Arneo wasn't going to let things crumble around him again. If he messed up, then at least he had tried, but if this title could give him anything, then let it be to keep these people safe.

“It can’t afford a king who can’t use his own power, either,” Arneo spoke, the gears in his head starting to turn. Where he lacked a certain experience, his instincts in the face of adversity kicked in. The raccoon wheeled himself around and away from the door to survey the situation.
As it stood now, even with Miles trying to organize a defense, the few guards that were in the room at the time and the attending paladins were in disarray trying to fight off the threat with guests milling about in a panic. With no recognizable authority giving them command, they were divided in their efforts. Their enemies would be free to pick off innocents and fight their way through the crowd without much resistance if this continued. If anyone could guide them…

“Those who cannot fight, to me! Gather here! Guards, paladins, form a perimeter and do not let any more harm befall our guests!”
The voice of Maze’s new king bellowed out across the palace’s main lobby. It all depended on the next few moments. This act would surely bring attention to him and make him a target.

Hearing this order from the highest power present, the current guards and the paladins mobilized swiftly and with purpose. Some kept their assailants at bay, and others were directing the palace guests into the corner with Arneo. The plan wasn’t perfect, but it was something. The upside was that this would keep civilian loss of life to a minimal, but the downside was that they were backed against the wall, with one small doorway leading out. If the line was broken, they were doomed. They could try to evacuate, but with no idea if any more of them were lying in wait beyond the door, they could be walking into their demise. In addition, the rest of the guards were still en route to the lobby. This was a critical moment.

Arneo was about to address the next part of the plan before another combatant wildly entered the fray screaming out in what sounded like archaic Mazan. He was awestruck, much as many in the room seemed to be, upon the arrival of the demonic tigress. She looked to be fighting their enemies, so… that was good, right? The raccoon could only hope this as he desperately turned back to Caius. There was no time to lose on distraction. He did not see the exchange between her and the paladins.

“We need to block this door. The council chamber is connected to another hall. We can’t just assume it is safe,” Arneo explained quickly.
Arneo’s advisor seemed to have calmed down a bit in the meantime, and responded, “You may be right, but we don’t have anything… to…”
As he said this, his eyes locked on something nearby and he was struck with an idea. Arneo looked to where his gaze was fixed, and smirked. The throne, perfect. Moving it would be a challenge, but they had lots of people to help.
“Caius, have these two guards keep an eye on the doorway. I’ll see what I can do about the throne. But first…”

Arneo started to move through the crowd a bit, feeling a rush the likes of which he’d never felt before. Maybe it was the impending danger, or perhaps the thrill of taking charge of his own fate. In either case, his defense plan was not a permanent solution to the problem at hand. He would need a fur with a sharper mind than his to help figure this out, and based on very recent impressions, he thought he knew just the right one.

“Miles!”

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon May 04, 2015 5:43 pm

The thing about ninjas is that they have only two modes in which they are of any use to any fur. These are stealth, and shock and awe tactics.

In this case, stealth had been abandoned the instant the second team had encountered Catalina, and as for shock and awe... well, it might have worked in the days before pretty much every fur in Maze was forced by a civil war to become a battle-hardened veteran. Frightened civilians would have formed a panicked crowd that trained infiltrators could swim through like fish.

Between Miles, Catalina, and King Arneo, however, the civilians had parted like the red sea, leaving two walls of trained troops, the larger by the king, the smaller around the Gawainian lord; both blocking the exits. The leader of the birds flicked his eyes upward, as if to prepare for landing, but the readied bows of furs on both sides made that an impossibility.

"Miles!" Arneo called out to the young ferret, who was responding to the cue even before the raccoon finished it. That was the key; move fast and keep momentum. Stay one step ahead of everyone else, so that you're the only one who knows what's going on...

Lord Miles held up his paw, sensing the shift in the battlefield; the enemy knew his plans had failed, but hadn't decided what to do next. It was time to shift into negotiation mode, to prevent them from doing something desperate and bloody.

He leapt from the table, catching his adversary's gaze and transfixing it by getting right up into his face. "Alright, you've had your fun. Now, as you can see, it's well and truly over. And, if you're stupid, so are you. It takes effort, but you don't have to be. Ah, thank you." While the bird was shocked into silence by this bold maneuver, Miles had snatched his kunai, and had retreated with his spoils, picking under his nails with his new knife. "I don't suppose you feel like telling us what this was all about?"

Ninjas may be sneaks by nature, but they maintain a sense of honor. The avian leader shook his head, deciding in favor of death rather than betrayal of superiors.
Unfortunately for him, Miles had a different definition of honor, and it did not include stopping enemies in the middle of their mistakes. He bowed out of the circle, gesturing to Catalina. "In that case, I will leave the matter to you." He refrained from winking at the tigress; bad taste to do that to a mourning widow.

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Wed May 06, 2015 12:52 pm

The paladin was out numbered here. So many looking to the tigress. She was angry, hurt, and worst of all, empowered. And Catalina.... She stood there still holding one ninja by his very beak and still looking ready to start a slaughter. "Catalina.... If I let you have the assassins... can you swear a blood oath you wont try and hurt any other mortals here?"

The tigress arched her headwings up slightly. After a moment her paw came up. the crystal armor on her paw dissolved. she clenched a fist until her palm bled from the claw marks. without looking she held the paw to him. "Here is your blood oath. Take it and leave me to my work." The paladin quickly cast aside his gauntlet and bit his own bare paw. "Master.... no... She cant be trusted." the fox said. The lion smiled, "you will learn young man... that sometimes the greater good is worth the price of one's soul." he quickly grasped Catalina's offered paw. Then he let go as his own sizzled hotly.

As the lion sheathed his sword he saw Catalina's symbol on his palm. "So be it.... My worthless soul sacrificed for the lives and souls of innocent mortals." The lion said. Seeing the ferret taking control. The lion shifted his weight and kept his blade at the ready. A sudden strangled scream and then a crunch of beak was the only sound the bird in hr clutches uttered before it's lifeless body hit the floor with a broken neck. "I suggest you listen to the ferret... I might have to do something very disturbing if you do not...." she whispered in the avian language. Her eyes glowed brightly. She turned slowly as her wings shifted and her gauntlet blades slid out. the tips scrapping the floor. Her eyes drifted over all the birds present. "I am sorely tempted to mistake any feathers I see for a threat."

arSyx
Assassin

Post by arSyx » Sat May 16, 2015 3:07 am

Arneo had been wading through the crowd, head swimming with concerns and plans and possible solutions... Wasn't too easy, either. King or not, a crown meant nothing in a panicked crowd. Some recognized the king, but many were a little more concerned with their own wellness to notice. By the time he'd made considerable headway and found himself at the edge where the troops stood, the crisis appeared to have... already been resolved?

Oh. Well then.

Arneo took a moment to stop and observe the details. First, now that he actually had a good look at their would-be assailants, barely to unarmored and just about as well equipped, he could see they were certainly more the assassin type as opposed to actual fighters. He had reacted with more than was proportional to their real danger, but all the same, better safe than sorry. They were also all avian, which he was sure had to mean something. Next, Miles had already opened the door for having this whole mess end with words rather than blades. Wonderful. That ferret was due for a very appreciative handshake later. Lastly, there was something going on between... who or whatever that tigress was and one of the paladins. 'Blood oath'? No clue what that signified, but if Arneo had to guess, some sort of contract, probably a magical one by the way the word 'soul' was thrown into the mix. This strangely armored tigress looked to be a third party in all of this, but it looked like for the moment she was leaning more on their side. Oh, and now there was a dead bird on the floor, with possibly more soon to follow.
It would look pretty bad if the king here wasn't trying to take an active role, Arneo thought. While things were playing out into a potentially favorable outcome, he probably shouldn't play the role of bystander.

"I need to move th-" Arneo managed to say as he attempted to move through the narrow space between two of the guards, but a troop held out an armored arm.

"It would be safer to remain back," the guard spoke, still not looking back. The one next to him did, however, his eyes widening as he swiftly moved to let the king pass.
Arneo gave a nod to the guard as he passed through. The other guard recognized the king as he moved by and tried not to lose the color in his face.

Arneo was now a fair distance behind Catalina, but still between both crowds. This way, he was using her as kind of a divider between him and the ninjas while still not entirely too close to her. Her motives and allegiances were still to be determined, after all. If nothing else, there were still guards in his proximity, so with that the king cleared his throat.
No big deal. Just... gotta talk to a tall and murderously angry tigress as well as a flock of hired killers whose target was most definitely me. Remember, courage!

"Er, first thing to address. Miss..." Arneo spoke up, sort of freezing up when not having a name to call her by. "Our avian guests that did not very recently enter and attempt to kill are under this palace's protection." And hopefully contractually out of bounds for you, if that little bloody display meant anything.. "The ones who have, however, are a different matter."

"To our intruders, I would like to add..." Arneo tilted his head a bit, trying to make eye contact with the leader. "That in addition to possessing bodies that will be functioning and not gruesomely disfigured, I can assure a slightly milder sentence to those who peacefully surrender and yield any useful information."

Damn, maybe that might have been a better thing to say in a more private setting after they were possibly captured. This was also assuming that their mysterious friend wasn't just going to kill them off anyway, and confidence that he could stop her from any of that was waning. Arneo hoped that little openly declared bending of the rules wouldn't come back to haunt him. He was still in 'under-pressure' thinking. He could use another head.
Arneo momentarily scanned the crowd and found Caius was already one step ahead, moving through. Alright, that would help. But for now...

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon May 18, 2015 2:46 pm

While the leader was an unshakeable bird of honor, his lieutenant was of a more practical mindset. That is to say, enough of a coward to pass for a smart fur. When he saw the ease with which the tigress succubus dispatched his leader, he burst out. "If fedders are the test, then pluck the bloody peacock who calls himself leader of the avians!"

The sentiment was shocking enough, causing ripples through the guests, both foreign and domestic. But what really set them buzzing was not just the implication that Lucas was the target; it was the entirely unexpected cockney accent of his would-be assassins. Even those who couldn't place its region could tell that it was Edwinian in origin. Miles certainly could, and he bounded right up the bird, seizing his chest feathers to get right up into the ninja's face. "I would advise for your own safety that you immediately put yourself into Mazan custody. The Piriqui delegation looks as if they would like to fast-track an extradition." Indeed, there were already glowers and glowing bits of magic from readying spells.

The avian gulped. "Right, right, fair cop, we surrender."

The ferret hopped back, leaving the captives to Arneo's custody. Brushing himself off, he bowed politely to Catalina, for all the world as if they were introduced at an ambassador's ball, and not just after a serious international incident. "Lady Tamiko, tales of your deeds have reached even across the seas and gated borders of my land. I only regret that we met under.... close to the worst set of circumstances possible."
That was the thing about Lord von Wexlar, he moved fast. 'Hyperactive,' a later age would call it. He allowed himself no time of transition, which tended to give all about him whiplash.

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Catalina turned her eyes down at the ferret before her. Her gauntlet clenched a bit, the crystal making a soft grinding noise as the blade slowly slid back inside it. She stood there a moment, before the crystal began to dissolve into water droplets. As it vanished, it was replaced with a rather lavish dress. The kind one would have to pay a king's ransom to afford. "You will address me as Princess Catalina Navellia Tamiko. She said in a choked voice. Tear streaks down her face. The final touch to her outfit was a small crown upon her own head. "Heiress to the Great Dutchess Devina Tamiko." Her tone was not actually threatening anymore.

All the gravity gone from her voice. She stood there now, quiet and calm. She moved to step back. The water her armor had left now evaporating away. And finally, she gave a rather elegant bow. The pendant that hung on her neck dipped low, before resting against her chest again. As she stood back up she looked at the mortals before her. "I am bound now by laws far older than even most of your kingdoms. Lest you strike me, then I must not cause harm to anyone present. That does not mean however.... I can not display what we of the Infernal Realms are capable of..." Her paw curled, hovering to the side as she collected the cold soul of the assassin she had slain. Holding it in her paw, she closed her fingers. Blue swirling energy covered her paw for a moment, before she opened it and in her palm rested a single small pearl. She held it out to the ferret with a gentle motion and spoke softly again. "A gift. Keep it and remember.... Not even a soul can last forever." With that she looked to the newly crowned king. The look in her eyes spoke of pain, suffering. Anguish she could not put into words.

arSyx
Assassin

Post by arSyx » Wed May 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Caius had managed to rejoin Arneo at his side at about the time of the lieutenant's outburst. The king and his adviser looked reasonably unsettled by this discovery, and shared a worried look between each other. If Edwin truly was involved in any way, this was going to get a lot more complicated. Arneo was really hoping any matters involving them would surface further down the road, but such was the way life usually worked. Still, the new king was quick to follow suit with Miles' recommendation, giving a nod of the head to the guards who would begin swiftly taking the avians down to the palace's dungeon. Thankfully it hadn't seen much use in recent years, so they should certainly have enough space, though for how long they'd stay, and if they may end up at the mercy of Piriqui, who could say for sure?

As for the development with Catalina, Arneo was caught completely unaware, whereas Caius seemed to piece things together when her name was mentioned. The king just kind of stood there in shocked silence when she made the pearl from.. was this his..? No, best not to dwell on that. When they met eyes, there was a moment of uncomfortable silence. Great pain afflicted this Catalina, and from her face it was plain to see. What to even say to that? Arneo was about to stutter out something when Caius had spoken up.

"Forgive us, Princess. Since we have your word, and to express our sincerest condolences for your loss, you are free to stay in this palace as a guest while your heart recovers," the rodent spoke with genuine empathy, giving a modest bow.
Arneo breathed a sigh of relief, and used this chance to move on to the next matter at hand.

"To the rest of our guests, we will resume schedule after things are back in order. I trust none of you will object to a brief respite after this horrible affair," Arneo called out, and moved over to the throne where he sat down, rubbing the sides of his head.

Well, they made it. Sort of.

RabidFox
The Great Fox
Great Britain

Post by RabidFox » Fri May 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Lucas was stunned. All around him were flashing colours and muddled sounds. He could not fathom any of it. Like the blur of a blade, everything was happening so quickly. He saw the other Skin Avian rush to his aid, placing themselves in front of him so that no damage could be done to their precious Order. It was times like these that Lucas had to stand aside and let others come to his aid. This was not a situation he was used to dealing with.

Piriqui was, for the most part, a peaceful place, and while all of the men were trained in combat, that did not mean that they had to use such skills very often. Even the other tribes, with their weaker assets, did not need to battle over territory that much. And it was all really mostly territorial battles.

It was something to see. A man who had lived for hundreds of years, still considered very young for his own kind, standing there helpless. He growled in anger as the events unfolded and then at some point he even heard a reference to himself. What? They wanted to kill him? Why?

Lucas was usually not in danger. Deep in the jungle territories of Piriqui, he had lived a long life because Avian, Skinned or Beaked, did not have a tendency to kill one another, even over territory. So this was definitely a surprise for him. Yet due to the sheer speed of the events passing by his very eyes, he could think little of his own fate.

He noticed that the new Mazan king seemed to be all right. It was reassuring for him to know that the ruler of Maze was still in one piece. Also, there was a strange guest who had appeared. Some kind of demon woman or another. Lucas didn't understand why she was so strong. Usually, the women of Piriqui did not fight. It was just not something he was used to seeing.

Someone managed to block the door. That was definitely a good thing. They didn't need any more of the strange Beaked Ones causing more trouble. He did not know why, but the assassins held another secret. Their accents were definitely not from Piriqui. Certainly, there were other places in the world with Beaked Avian living there, but then why would the assassins be from Edwin? How did that make any sense? Skin Avian usually remained in Piriqui and so did their enemies.

Overwhelmed by shock, all Lucas could really do was stand there, still holding the present box. One of the elders came up to him, a look as if almost smiling, and took the box out of his arms.

"I see you used your life to protect this." Said the man in understandable Edwinish, that strange expression still on his face. "It's a good thing nobody opened it."

Lucas had no idea what to say or do what-so-ever.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sun May 31, 2015 6:38 pm

This day was serving as quite a burnishing for Lord Miles' already near-legendary status among the Mazans. Here he was, standing by a succubus at least twice his height, and talking her down from a stance of battle to a stance of peace. Granted, the tigress was not the sort to wantonly do battle, and probably preferred a peaceful existence; that was what the ferret had bet on, at any rate, and it seemed his judgment of character had not failed him yet.

What was more amazing, perhaps, was his reaction to Catalina's soul manipulation. He, his bodyguard, and his healer all looked... not unimpressed, but not shocked either, as if they'd seen this sort of thing before. Miles took the pearl, tossing and catching it like a marble. "Permanence and value are not always correlated, Princess Catalina Navellia Tamiko. In any case, I can speak for my own delegation in that we shall not strike or in any way move maliciously against you."
He handed the pearl off to Rulf, his grey fox healer, who handled it with more care. The fox looked up at the tigress as he pocketed it, giving the impression that he should much like to speak to her later.

In the meantime, however, there were monarchs to manage. Miles had a rather bad habit of sometimes forgetting that other furs were not there for him to arrange, and a disturbing way of making those same furs forget as well. There was a whole lot of charisma packed into that bent little body, almost equalling his chuztpah.
"Well, that's resolved. King- oh sorry, I believe it was Order Lucas? My apologies, I am not as familiar with the politics and titles of your people as I should like. Hopefully, these next few days will give me a chance to eliminate my ignorance." He gave the avian his most winning smile, hoping to put the fellow at his ease. Understandably, Lucas looked rather confused. Miles didn't know much more than him about what was actually going on, but the ferret was good at giving an impression that he did. It kept other furs from panicking long enough for things to get sorted out, usually. That was one of the things about being a leader, you always had to look as if you were on top of things, even if you felt like those things were an angry swan and a banana peel.

Arneo seemed to have picked up on this technique rather easily, earning him a beaming smile from Miles as the ferret noble scuttered back. "Thank you, your majesty. Perhaps we should debrief in private? I think it would be a good thing if all of the royals present were able to bring each other up to speed... free of eavesdroppers, if possible." Naturally, he included himself among this number.

Catalina Tamiko
King

Post by Catalina Tamiko » Sun May 31, 2015 10:53 pm

Catalina again gave a polite bow and then made for the door. As she slid through the half rat made to follow her. He was out of place here. The paladin was waiting until she was gone to let out the breath he had been holding. His squire did the same. "Aye sire.... shes a terrible foe. The records are nothing like her in person." The fox muttered. The lion nodded. "She could have killed us all anyway...." turning to the assembly Miles the lion spoke softly. "I would like a word with you and the new king please. This is important." He kept his tone low. Something was disturbing the paladin knight.