Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

... Without a Paddle... (Open)

Once one of the weakest nations of Feila, ruled and predominately populated by the Rodents. Recently, it has recovered from a famine and Civil War, leaving it governed by a duumvirate of King and Tribune. While still economically disadvantaged, its technology is surprisingly advanced, and it is primed to take a larger place on the world stage. Similar to Earth's medieval Spain.
Silent as the Void
Rogue
Species: Lion

... Without a Paddle... (Open)

Post by Silent as the Void » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:29 pm

- STORY -

A thick unnatural fog surrounds the Mazan city of Finport. The water out to the sea has been unnavigable for a week now and the city is becoming a stagnant pool of pent up sailors, fisherman without nets, and privateers without profit. On top of it all, Finport stands in the only buildable land for miles in all directions. The result; a town with more mouths to feed than it can handle. With it's sea trade cut off, so too was it's only source of supplies.

"Did you hear that?" a porcupine man said, his quills standing on edge as the sloshing of boots in the mud halted. "There's something in here!" He said with panic in his voice.

Three peasants from Finport ventured deep into the wooded swamps that surrounded the city. Only three torches lit their way through the eerie trees, and nothing could tell them what stood beneath the murky water until it would be too late. Despite the sun being up, the fog and thick canopy of the swamp trees made it almost as dark as the night. The porcupine was a thin and winy man with eyeglasses, a raccoon woman held a basket and wore typical Mazan peasant's dress. Finally there was a mangled young rat holding a harpoon at the head of the group.

The rat turned to the porcupine and with his rasping voice exclaimed. "Quit yer' whinin'!" He looked back toward the front of the group and continued walking.

"How can I?! This place is creepy, and we don't even have any REAL way to defend ourselves!" the little prickly fur spoke, twitching at every sound around him.

"Oh get a hold of yourrself Connorr." The woman said in a thick Mazan (Spain spanish) accent. "We need to find food for the town, and thees is the only way to do that. Besides, at least we have plenty of daylight. Could you imagine what thees place would be like if it werre darrk out?"

"No, and i'd rather not try to." He said with a slight glare toward the woman.

"Stop!" The rat said, the two behind him stopping quickly. The rat's ears probed the area for a moment before a loud splash was heard from behind them. The porcupine screamed and ran off into the swamp, the raccoon stood behind the large rat. "Connor ye fool! Ge' back here!!" The rat watched the fickle man flee off into the dark, vanishing into a wall of fog wear his screams abruptly ended with a wet snap and the vague light from his torch was extinguished as it fell into the water.

The woman's eyes went wide and she dropped her torch as she held her hands to her mouth to muffle her cries. The rat turned to the loss of light and looked down at the woman, than back at the where the first splash had fallen... A body floated belly up in the water, it's head turned unnaturally to the side, and eviscerated savagely. The rat approached with his harpoon, keeping the woman near him. The rat was cautious and used his harpoon and began to manipulate the body closer.

"Stop! What if it has a disease?!" The raccoon said grabbing the rat's arm.

"Than it has a disease! But if we know 'im I can't just leave 'im and 'is family no' knowin' what happened to 'im!"
He snapped at the woman, he ears bolting back. The rat calmed himself and pulled her closer, her eyes slowly lifting at the warmth of his fur. "I'm sorry Rosa, I just gotta know."

She nodded at him. "You're rright, James... I jus' couldn't stand to lose you." She teared up.

"I'll be alrigh', I always am." He dried her tear with the fur on his arm.

The rat then turned to see the body. James pulled the body's face around with the harpoon and the two both went pale as Connor's face came around, his glasses cracked and bent around his face. The rat's eyes went as wide as the could and the woman keeled over, losing the food she'd eaten that day into the water.

"Wha' sort of black magic is this!?" James said as he unhooked the body and let it slink down into the water.

A unearthly hiss surrounded the two as they realized that the dense fog from the sea had seemed to found it's way around them and was now closing in. The woman clinged to the rat and her clinged to his Harpoon, snarling at the fog inching closer. Connor's body vanished into the fog as it drifted away from them.

"What do we do?" Rosa asked in fear.

The rat turned to her and dropped his harpoon into the water, now only holding his torch in one hand, his love in the other. "We hold each other." He said looking down at the raccoon tenderly. "For th' last moments of my life I would want nothin' different." He dropped the torch and embraced her, the flame went out with a hiss and left them in the dark... only lit by an eerie blue glow coming from within the fog, their embrace seemed to slow even time.

"How can it end like this?" Rosa looked up to James with tears in her eyes.

James looked down with a brave smile. "This ain' the end sweetheart. We'll have each other on th' other side." He leaned down as the fog reached their tails and kissed her with deep passion. Tears rolled down their cheeks as the fog climbed up their bodies slowly, wincing in pain, James hold onto her tightly. They would break their kiss as Rosa looked around as the fog seemed to compress around the rat exclusively.

"JAMES!" She yelled trying to swat the dense fog, without end.

The rat's lips began to drip with blood, wet cracks from inside his body would make him wince. But the man would not cry out, instead he smiled at Rosa.

"Rosa..." she stopped as he spoke quietly from the crushing fog. "Please don't cry... I'll always be there with you. Now..." he mustered up the last ounce of his life and opened his mouth to barely whisper to her his final words. "I love you..."

With his final words, James slumped over and the fog released his body into the water with a splash. Rosa cried out and rushed to hold him up out of the water. She whipped around to the fog as it began to circle around her.

"COME ON!... TAKE ME!" She hissed at it. The fog almost seeming to react to it hesitantly. "LET ME DIE WITH HIM! PLEASE!!" She shrieked.

The fog closed in on her slowly as she sobbed into the dead Rat's fur. The thick clouds began to press into her body, and she smiled. But then something different happened. The fog was pulled away, now glowing a strange pink color. Shapes appearing in the fog seem to come from all forms of fur. The clouds forming cats, dogs, ferrets, birds, and rodents... One figure still circled the woman, a tall rodent without features, glowing pink, against the blue glow of the rest of the figures... The fog rapidly lost it's figures and stop glowing, pulling away from the woman slowly, only the rodent figure remained before turning to seemingly peer at the woman and smile. The figure mouthed words, but nothing came out.

Rosa looked up at the figure and nodded with tears in her eyes. "I love you too..." And the figure vanished into the wind.

- Beginning Here -

News of a woman returning to Finport without her fiancé, and without the town's librarian reached far and wide the swamps around the tale's origins seemed to be a corridor through the deadly fog. Those traveling through swear they can feel a presence holding it all back from them, something eerie and sad, yet adamant to protect the innocents that walked the path to retrieve what little supplies the town could get from miles away. Though many scholars and heroes have come to Finport, none have left when they ventured into the fog. And though months three months have passed, nobody is any closer to banishing the curse on this city.

Fede stepped out of the swamp and into the town on her toes as always. A pack on her back, and shortswords on her belt. The town was solemn, but busy keeping it's people nonetheless. She brought a hefty sack of preserved meats and fish that the mouse at the gate took with many thanks. The little jumping mouse looked around with a grim sadness. Even her greedy little heart could not help but feel sad for the story she had heard.

"Excuse me." Fede approached a man hefting a large sack of grains from the last cart into town. "I'm looking for the woman named Rosa." The little mouse looked up to the rat and he looked down at her as her placed the sack onto the pile.

"Who wants to know?" He said glaring down, two more rats standing up from their work and staring.

"My name is Fede, and i'm hoping to look into the matter of this dark fog. I realize dozens have tried, but just maybe I can do it?" She reasoned. "Besides, what harm could little only me really do? I'm only trying to be -comforting-." She spoke and swayed her hips at the rat, sounding innocent and just a little bit suggestive.

The rat swallowed as she did this. "Um... sh- sh- she's over in that building over there, the healers home!" He couldn't help watch her swaying hips.

"Thank you. Now you be a good big boy and get back to helping your friends eh?"
She patted the rat's chest and walked toward the building.

---- OOC ----

I hope people enjoy this, it's my first real attempt at starting a story with an arch on the boards. PLEASE join, let me know what you think, or both!
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."

"Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find."

-Shakespeare

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: ... Without a Paddle... (Open)

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Daichi had been in the village only a few days. The ship he had been on had wrecked in the fog, and he ended up on the beach not far outside the village. The healer had addressed his injuries, and was the only one in the village willing to offer him a room. Being a lizard in Maze wasn't exactly a pleasant endeavour at times. Even after explaining that he was from Yamaha, and not the neighboring lizard ruled nation, he was often treated with suspicion and contempt. In return for the healer's kindness, he had offered to keep watch over their home.

He was sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall of the healer's home, his head bowed to look at the ground, and his staff propped against his shoulder. As Fede approached, he rose to his feet in a fluid motion and set himself into the mouse's path. He wore a small smile as she closed the distance. "may I enquire as to the nature of your visit?" He asked politely.

Silent as the Void
Rogue

Post by Silent as the Void » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Fede halted on her springy legs before running into the lizard. She jumped back a few feet and held her legs wide, pointing at the scaled man. "Don't jump in front of me like that! You're gonna get hurt doing that!" She smirked slyly. "And I would surely hate to hurt such a handsome man as yourself." She winked.

Pushing herself into the man he would feel the warmth of her chest against his scales, even more so from his cold blood. She smirked and half-shut her eyes, pressing into his chest. "Come on... I'm not going to hurt anybody. I just need to talk to the woman from the stories... Say you wouldn't happen to know why she's in the healer's house now would you big boy?" She ask, running a delicate finger down the scales of his arm. "I would be very grateful for anything you might be able to tell me."

People around them would blush and look away. Not only was she flirtatious, but she was flirtatious with a lizard. And she was a mouse! A few people stammered and tripped as they looked onto them, instead of at their duties in the town. One moving a cart of fruits, crashed the cart into a stone wall, dropping the fruits over the cobblestone.
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."

-Shakespeare

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Daichi stood in the same spot as Fede halted in front of him, then jumped back. "Who jumped?" He asked. He frowned a bit at the handsome comment, as though he wasn't quite sure weather or not to take it at face value.

He stiffened slightly in surprise as the mouse pushed herself against him. He was a little out of his element in dealing with such contact and flirting. "you have no need of the healer, and want to talk to the woman currently seeking treatment." He said as he extracted the answer to his original question from what the mouse said. "She seeks the healer's help for what she describes as visitations from the fog, or the entity behind it, while she sleeps." He again tensed slightly as Fede ran a finger down his arm. "It would be most considerate of you to wait for the lady to conclude her business with the healer before you speak with her."

Daichi had gotten used to receiving dirty looks from the locals, and at this point had resigned himself to them. Which made the actions of the mouse standing against him that much more confusing. The actions of the others in the town didn't strike him as too unusual just slightly less coordinated than any other day. "You are welcome to wait out here for her if you like." He offered.

Silent as the Void
Rogue

Post by Silent as the Void » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Fede pulled herself back from him and brought her hand delicately to her chest. She smiled and blushed, chuckling. "Not even a glance to me. You've broken my heart now." She spoke teasingly. The mouse girl folded her arms over her chest now.

"You're a more respectable man than most I deal with in truth. I suppose you've earned a straight answer." She pulled her hair from her face and lifted up to eye level on her long springy legs. "I'm a sea captain, and this port is a good place of business that I find myself relying on a good portion of the year." She did assault his form with her flirtatious stare. She licked her incisors lightly and shook her head. "I'm here to help her in truth. Her and the rest of Finport... You really are a beautiful man though. Shame most probably glare at you without cause. Not all lizards are the same, and some make great companions on the sea, and for other things." Her strangely predatory eyes would turn up, and gleam with new innocence as the healers' door opened.

The woman, belly slightly swollen, stepped from the home with a bundle of tied herbs. She looked up at the mouse's sweet smile and waved, weakly but kindly.

((Posted on my phone))

-Shakespeare

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:18 pm

"I..I didn.." Daichi began to stutter a response to Fede's broken heart comment, until he processed the teasing tones in the statement. He sighed, though it was hard to say weather in frustration or relief.

He bowed slightly when she told him he was respectable, it was a trait he had always strived for. Again he found himself at a loss in the face of Fede's flirtatious nature, and was thankful when she spoke of her reasons for being there. "Umm...thank you...I do have a bit of an affinity for water" He replied to her compliment deliberately passing over the last bit about 'other things', though he did shift his weight a bit in uncertainty at it. "If you are here to help this village, then I would offer to help you." He offered, pleased at the idea of doing something more productive than guarding the healer's home.

It would be a lie to say he didn't feel some relief as Fede turned her attention to the young woman leaving the healer's, though he quickly felt some worry for that woman, and hoped Fede would be less intense for her to deal with, or maybe it was just him who had thought the long legged mouse was a bit intense. He looked down, and when had his scales darkened so much in that interaction.

Silent as the Void
Rogue

Post by Silent as the Void » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:49 am

"Hello dear. My name is Fede, sorry to bother you but I'm an old sea captain. Why would a sea captain be here in Finport you might ask?" She got serious. "Because whatever is terrorizing this place must be stopped." The mouse eyed the young raccoon woman up and down.

The woman blinked with some degree of confusion, though she smiled all the same. "Thank you for coming. I had the town scribe write down my story though, I really can't provide much more."

Fede hold her arm out as the woman tried to walk passed. "Wait..." The raccoon stopped and looked puzzlingly at her. "How far along are you?" Fede looked down at the woman's swollen belly.

"Why does that matter?" Rosa questioned, putting a hand over her stomach.

"As I can tell there is now two differences between the attack's victims, and it's survivor..."

Rosa winced and shook her said. "Please, I really don't want to talk about-"

"... Not only are you the only woman-"

"- this. P-please I just want to go-"

"- but you're pregnant. Probably with-"

"- home. Pleae STOP!!" Rosa finally broke down in tears as Fede said her final words.

"- the child of the rat in your story, James!"... Fede noticed the crying and her ears fell back. She had no words of comfort for the woman and she had no experience with the broken hearted.

"I... I'm sorry." The mouse sad with a frown, her eyes shining with regret from her actions.

-Shakespeare

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Daichi had been focused on trying to figure out why the mouse had him so very off balance, and as a result, hadn't been paying much attention to the exchange until it was far too late to intervene. On the bright side, it seemed he wasn't the only one who found Fede to be a little intense to interact with.

He frowned at Fede. "Perhaps you should go look at what the scribe's got written down." He offered, though his voice was free of any admonishing tones. "I can come find you shortly if you wish."

He turned his attention to Rosa. "I should have said something to her, I was distracted, I apologize. Would you like an escort to your home?" He offered, wishing to be helpful, but not wanting to impose.