Bells in the Void (Racken, open, PM me first please)

Feilans have finally entered the realm of space in their solar system, a vast area, full of exotic planets and phenomena. The colonies created by the old Edwinish Party have developed into a new faction, the Dmitrians, whom are descended from Feilans, but whom have developed a separate cultural identity from their colonial forefathers. At the edge of the system lurks the formidable faction known as the Immortals, a group of furs whom have used technology to live forever, in a constant state of hostility with Feila and Dmitri, both of whom are on tense enough relations as it is. All natives are furry (Skin Avian are present here too). No native humans.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Re: Bells in the Void (Racken, open, PM me first please)

Post by Rackenhammer »

Before Peter's gesture, Syme bowed out in a manner mixed of grace, irritation, and condescension. "Some misfortunes we bring upon ourselves by isolation, and among them is madness. Stress and pain are insufficient reasons to reject life and those living." The fox was older than Peter, and to that extent had a wider knowledge and appreciation of life. To anyone who has suffered acute, but not chronic, periods of depression, all malaise seems only morbidity, that must by any shock possible be got out of a person, like poison, lest they should die.

Well, the Doctor would be better able to tell whether it were a physical imbalance of chemicals, worrying by blue devils, or simply a funk that was affecting Martha. Syme went over to Freya, peering over the relevant machinery. "Perhaps it would be simpler to bring her here? After all, now that you've got the door open, and the principle authority who closed it now adheres to the idea that authority is irrelevant..." It was probably the best idea, since this place still was better set up as a hospital.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Sponsor

Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Peter and Barius were swift and accuate. Thought mostly Peter, as Barius was only assisting. It took fifteen minutes for peter to finish and leave it to Barius to stitch her up. Coming to Freya and Syme the wolf looked around the room. "I dont think half this stuff will fit inside the cargo hold. My spire is cozy but its not huge inside. Its only the size of a small apartment. This room... I could turn her inside out and then still have room in here."

He came to the screen. Seeing the different power readings he popped on his specs after removing his gloves. "Well now. Thats new. Mom never said she was sick." He tapped on the key pad. "Very unusual. Looks like her body has destablized. I have never seen readings like this. Its amazing to look at. Her power spikes are incredible. More than me devina and vanessa can put out all together. But her average output is barely enough to keep away the common cold."

Barius came back after a moment. He looked at freya and syme. "I erd wat he said bout bringing the wee lassy ere. Twould take some doin lest she be out cold." He let peter work. It was beyond him. "Now there be sumtings we can work with. Shes not apt to strike a family member. 'Cept when shes gone mad in the 'ead." He rubbed at his shoulder on reflex. Looking at syme the ferret whispered. "The wee lassy can be down right strong when she wants. Rather like the ye when you actually open ye ears once in a while." He stuck his paw in symes pocket, retrieving the first headband and pulling a duplicate key from it. "Learn ta listen to tha noises. Not the words." He snickered as he put the key in symes paw.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya looked at Syme as he suggested bringing Catalina to the lab rather than moving the equipment. "that would probably be easier in the long run." She replied as she handed Syme the notebook. "But, if we could get all of this moved somewhere that realmwalkers gather. All of the in and out traffic might be enough to create something that will work a little longer." She mused as she continued to walk around the room. "It would be best if we were to relocate the entire room." She watched Peter for a moment as he walked into the room. She walked up to stand next to him, and look at the screens. "Seems like she's been slowly burning herself out." She suggested as she looked at the spikes on the screen. "using more power than her body can properly handle." She shrugged after a moment. "whatever we're going to do, we probably shouldn't tarry long." She paused for a moment. "I think we should just relocate the entire room." She put her suggestion on the table.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

As much sympathy as he normally felt towards chaos and its followers, Syme in his own natural tendencies regarded most of what they said as nonsense. If Barius wanted to be mysterious about the Noises vs. the Words, there wasn't much the fox could do to tease out whatever scrap of meaning the ferret had. He accepted the key with gratitude, however.

Returning to the issue, Syme put in, "If I open all the doors and portals to this place, it will have the energy, but hardly the restfulness. In any case, given how long it would take to transport the room, you may as well bring Catalina here to stabilize her, and once she's out of immediate danger, transfer the whole shebang."

"Sounds like a plan, foxy boy." The unexpected assent caused Syme's head to turn sharply as Vanessa entered, the wolfess wearing a grim smile. "Between you and me, Peter, we should be able to get Cat in. Or me and Freya, if you need to prep it, but we need to act now." She had that tone in her voice, that of a ruler of Inferno that would brook no contradiction whatsoever.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Peter waved a paw at them and spoke. "Knock it off im trying to think here." He began pacing slowly back and forth. "Energy isnt the problem. Its the type. Conversion to a suitable form that can be processed by her body is tricky. And if we get it wrong fates know what will happen. Probably the only way to be sure..... at least it would buy us more time." He was biting a finger. Looking at the group he paused. "I can not condone what is called for here. What she needs is a mass feeding. Some ten to twenty souls. Slaves or not I cant condemn that many all at once. So we have a choice. Risk mother dying and taking half of us with her... or try and deal with a guilty conscience. The reason being is that persons BORN as cubi are already born with the glands needed to break down pure sol energy. Mortals that are changed and made to be cubi, through request or by force dont have these glands to begin with. Vanessa you remember that your first few feedings were really rough on your system? That kind of raw energy needs something to bring it down, much the same as food in your stomach. Which is why finishing her meals is becoming difficult. The glands she was born with.... have started to shutdown. Much the same as a Thyroid gland can be restarted by a massive dose of medication, we can force her glands into operation for a while by providing her with a huge meal. Or she needs a transplant. My glands are already dead themselves. I have been on synthetic for long enough my glands are like raisins. If we can buy ourselves at least a few days I can figure out something we can make something she can use to feed on and store extra in her amulet."

The first to speak was Barius. "I can do eet laddy. Locked room. Just tossem all in und let 'er have at them. But I warn ye lad, taint gonna bother my conscience a bit. Now as for who... I got a few choice people I'd like ta toss en dere wit 'er." Peter shivered at the thought. But nodded. "It would buy us the time to move the room, synthesis what we need and still have time to spare."

"Before we begin this here attempt at whatever it be. What in the green shamrocks do eet have to do wit all dis?" Peter pinched the bridge of his nose. Much the same Vaughan had done once or twice. "Shes... eating herself inside out. Physically her body is starving. Its begun using her muscle and soul as food source. Mentally it will reach a point she snaps and the woman we know as my mother will cese to exist. She wont be anything more than a mindless eating machine. It would carry on to the point that... she could go after a god or unleash armageddon on the universe. Or do something worse and try to feed on A drive core of an active ship. Which would turn her into a walk nuclear bomb giving off... some 30k rads per millisecond. Her body would just be a hungry shell. As much an Anarchist as you are, even you have some self-preservation instinct."

"So we do eet and lose a lil sleep. Or dun do eet and watch tha bloody universe burn? No big deal etha way to me laddy." "Its not up for debate Barius. We have few options available." Peter said. Barius nodded. "Aight. I go with princess and we toss yer mum in the slave pens. You stay ere and work with the fox and the nice un ere ta get yer room packed away. We be back soon enough."

Peter wasnt pleased with how enthused barius was. But he couldbt argue that it was helping. Looking at Syme and Freya Peter motioned around. "Come on. Most of this equipment was made to compact back down for easy storage. Once we get done here, we can transport Martha and send Bobby some place he wont get hurt. I'm fairly certain he cant get into much trouble on the Von Drake station. Gil will handle the papers. He owes me a favor as it is. Syme. Do me a favor. Make a phone call. Here is the number. Dont ask, just do. Use the phone on the console of the spire. Freya... Your assistance please...." Peter began powering down the equipment. He looked over the labels, some of which were written in an ancient dead language he seemed to understand. "Why the hell would this label be on this? Its not a blood pump.... Oh.. it is a blood pump. Just for a species with three hearts."

The number Syme was given was a long serial of digits. It was a call to Atlantis, straight to the cargo bay where peter docked when he arrived there. The number had a date mark, set to three days ago. the paper said to ask for the Maverick.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya sighed when Peter explained that the problem was the energy type. "It's here in Damian's notes." She replied as she handed over the notebook that had notes about the required energy type. "that's why I suggested that the equipment be set up somewhere that realmwalkers gather." She frowned when Peter talked about not being able to condone a mass feeding for Catalina. "it's in her nature....your nature. I'll say it again...you don't get upset when a feral tiger kills to feed; it's acting within it's nature. It's no different for cubi, you have to kill to eat...it's in your nature, there's no point in getting angry about it, or trying to deny it." She shrugged as Barius volunteered to oversee Catalina's feeding. "see...he understands.....or just doesn't care...either way."

She paused for a moment when Barius mentioned the princess, the fox, and the nice un....the fox was easy enough to figure out, but she wasn't sure who was supposed to be princess, and who the nice un. Peter dispelled the confusion by addressing her and Syme, though she wasn't quite sure what made er the nice un, she figured there were worse things to be called. Peter sent Syme off to make a phone call, then asked for her assistance. She shrugged in response. "Okay..." She said as she started shutting down pieces of equipment. "I thought you said the spire didn't have enough room to transport all of this." She commented, still thinking they would probably be better off just moving the entire room. "you got anything in mind for where we're taking all of this?" She asked

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Vanessa snorted at Peter's dilemma. "Don't see what a damn bit of difference there is on feeding on one soul over time, or 20 at once. They're not counted by integers, you know; each is a separate infinity. That's why your father was never comfortable with the feeding at all, not really." She looked over the equipment as it was prepared for disassembly and transport. "I don't know if you remember your uncle Morrissey, but he did most of the prototype work for this, back in the day. Probably put a century or two on the shelf date of Cat's amulet, too."

Syme made the call, not comfortable with how the proceedings were going, but ultimately knowing there wasn't anything he could do, at this point. He himself was living proof there was yet another way... but Catalina would have had to come for help much earlier, and even then, he'd affected his transformation when young, and full of the willpower that could overturn entire hierarchies. Tellissa was not so strong as she used to be, either...
"Hello, Maverick? Yes, this is Syme. Listen, Peter and the Tamiko circle could use a place for an emergency operation on Catalina."

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

The other end of the phone line picked up. "Yes sir. Arrangements will be made. Does he need emergency pick up?" The voice was male. Gravelly.

Peter was working hard to get the stuff packed up. Almost feverishly. Barius went to vanessa. "Seems we got ta get tha lady in a room wit a buncha poor sods." He cracked his neck. "Ye wanna round um up while I grab 'er?"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya sighed as she was more or less ignored, and continued to work on packing up the equipment in the room. She watched Peter's pace as he worked as well. After a moment's thought, she came to a decision. She closed her eyes again going over the psychic impressions in the room of the equipment being set up. After another moment, she started working with her telekinesis. She used a light, and careful touch as she used it to start shutting down, and packing up several pieces of equipment at once, each piece floating over toward the spire since she wasn't sure where else to put it. The room was now quickly beginning to empty.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Vanessa nodded assent at Barius' proposal to divide the labor, particularly as she trusted no one else but herself in deciding which among her slaves were expendable. Having done so, she went over to assist Freya in efficiently packing in all the equipment into the Spire. "You mustn't mind Peter; he gets wrapped up in whatever he's doing, and those around him are just there to carry forth his plans. Feel free to shake some sense into him if you think he needs it; I do it all the time. Only be quick about it, he saves the nasty jobs for last when he assigns them." And with a wink at the dragonness, they prepared for takeoff yet again, back to Tamiko Realm.

Syme, meanwhile, concluded the accommodation arrangements, tossing the phone back to Peter. "Let me know how it goes. Good luck, and thanks for unlocking the door."

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Peter paused from the equipment to catch the phone. Putting it down he continued. "Realmwalkers are ok. But I know a place that generates the very time and space fabric itself. We will have to make two trips to get all the equipment on board Atlantis. Aftet that we jump to the nexis of the galaxy. The energy reserves there are pure and totally benign. We can sculpt the energy we need easily while surgery happens."

Barius was confused. "Surgery?" "My glands may be inactive. But I bet you anything that in an actively feeding cubi.... it might make them come alive. So we can put one of them inside her." The ferret looked at them. "Ye be cracked in ye 'ead laddy. I aint ne'er heard o' such." His accent was stressed. It bugged him. He knew peter and what he was capable of and thinking of anything of peter being in cat bothered him. Not for thr destruction it could cause. But the fact it made more sence for peter to do this for hisnmother.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya sighed and shook her head. "It is what it is I suppose...though I'm not unwilling to refuse to do something I don't want to. For Catalina though, there's little I would say no to. She is a good friend and I would hate to lose her." Freya spoke to Vanessa as she continued to use her telekinesis to move equipment into the spire. She laughed. "Besides, I've had to do some pretty nasty jobs in the past....sometimes they're the fun ones...depends on the kind of mood one's in I suppose."

Once everything that could be loaded in their first trip was into the spire, she made her way in, and managed to make her way to a seat, and waited for them to depart.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

"DIY surgery?" Vanessa clicked her tongue in a half-laughing sort of way. "I can think of so many ways that can go wrong, but that's never stopped you before, has it?" Shaking her head yet again at her nephew, she gripped one of the Spire's handles as it took off. The first stop was back at Tamiko Manor, to arrange for the emergency feeding.

"This, I think, is where we get off, Barius. Freya, you'll help Peter set up the operation room. You'll like Atlantis, I think. Yes, it's the real truth behind the legend. Ancient aliens, and all that. Don't worry, we'll keep Cat alive long enough for the Doctor to help her!" Despite the wolfess' ostensible hopefulness, a feeling of apprehension was unshakeable. Pointing Barius to the tigress' room, she called out after him, "And if you break anything on the way there, it's your bones that'll pay for it!"

Trying not to let irritability crawl into her voice, she called out, "Devina? Get all the slaves assembled; your granddaughter's got a big appetite, and we'll need a strong selection!"

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

"I wont be operating.... Maverick will..." the moment vanessa ans barius were out of the spire peter began flipping switches. The spire suddenly shifted and slammed down. "Hey!" Peter yelled and slapped the monitor. "Come no now. Bloody behave." He tried again. This time woth better results. Running to the door he flung it open. "Ok boys!!! Come get all of it! I can be back with another load at the exact moment you finish this one!" A small crew of furs came rushing in. Peter smiled at Freya. "Atlantis... greatest ship in the universe. Intergalactic capability, time traveling, and can cross any dimentional plane. While its a ship the size of York... its stil a ship. Speaking of...here comes the captain." A small, pregnant succubus came running. "Peter! You called yesterday. Whats happening?" "Del. Meet freya. Freya, meet del. Now ladies.... del we have a problem. Need to use the surgical ward, but additionally I need you to take us to the nexus. We need all that raw energy we can hold." Del looked at freya and then spoke. "I take it hes lost a few marbles along the way dear. By emergency he meant his mum and hes time hopping again to try and fix it... right?" Peter was offended del wouldnt play his game.

Martha came up behind syme and put her good paw on his shoulder. Digging her claws in she spoke. "You ever... meddle in affairs that you know nothing about again.... I will personally shove a tree in your ear and make it grow...just to watch your face in agony as it happens..." walking off she ripped her gown off, leaving only her shirt and shorts and headed for thr stairs. "Get your butt in gear fox! We have stuff to do before they get back!"

Devina was up instantly and yelling orders at the intercom. After a moment she came running. "Whats happening love?" She asked. Seeing Vanessa's face was more than enough to fighten her. Barius mean while paused by cat's room and picked himself out a tidy weapon. Which was little more than a candle stick on the table. Entering her room she had just enough time to say his name before he brained her. Effectively breaking the candle stick and rendering her out cold. He picked her up and tossed her over his shoulder. One of the servants happened across him and was rather startled. The poor sod got slammed into a wall. After which Barius locked the bedroom door and began headinf toward where he felt Vanessa was. The whole while singing a jig at the top of his lungs and fumbling with his pockets for a lighter and a cigar.
Last edited by Catalina Tamiko on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Freya watched as a crew came in to get the equipment unloaded. She was careful to keep out of the way of the unloading crew as much as she could as she looked out at Atlantis. "it's definitely rather huge." She replied. "And here I've just been going wherever time takes me all this time." She commented with a chuckle. She watched Del's approach. She grinned and held out a hand to Del "it's a pleasure to meet you." She said as Peter explained the situation. Her grin became impish as Del asked about loosing marbles. "It's quite the possibility, but hey, what's a lot marble or two between friends right? I'm sure we've all lost one or two...or a dozen, over the centuries." She chuckled before nodding. "In all seriousness, yes. Catalina is in a bit of a bad way at the moment." She replied with some concern evident in her voice. As she spoke, she started using her telekinesis to start helping the crew unload all of the equipment from Peter's spire.