Welcome to the World of Feila!

Image

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:22 pm

It is summer in the Domish city of Lourdes. With the rocky trails of the Cocotte Mountains being passable, the holy city is filled with visitors from the rest of Domus and even beyond.

In a seedy tavern in the northeast corner of the city, a female raccoon dog sits alone at a table. Old and frail, she is clothed in a cheap, peasant’s dress and a gray shawl. This is Jéanne Alard. Six years ago: her son, Viclau Alard, ran off into the mountains with Philippe Célestine de Lourdes, the now-famous Frère de Les Grottes. Viclau has long since disappeared, and Jéanne knows that the Friar is the only one who can tell her the truth of her son’s fate. No one had seen or heard the Friar for over a year, so she can no longer hope for the mountain hermit to randomly reveal Viclau’s fate to some passerby or oddity-seeker. Jéanne, thus, decided to hire someone to find the Friar. After selling everything bar the clothes on her back, and working nonstop for months, she eventually accumulated 300 Ecu to offer as a reward. When the mountain trails began to melt early in the summer, Jéanne sent out an offer for a job: 300 Ecu to whomever can locate Le Frère de les Grottes and bring him back to Lourdes. The offer stipulated that any interested party meet her in the tavern where she now sat; and she had yet to meet someone interested in the job.
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

Sponsor
 

User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:29 am

(Would have replied sooner but I had been away from home and never realized you decided to start a topic.)

---

It wasn't long into the summer before someone had caught notice of the offer, With the pay and ease of the job it was easily worth it. This... Mercenary, of sorts... had taken the job offer almost as soon as he had arrived sometime in the early morning and gave little delay before he traveled to this tavern.

It was around mid-day before the figure showed up to the tavern, veiled in a brown cloak which mostly covered his head and body. Underneath the figure was clad with steel plate, held together with metal chain. While it seemed rather heavy, It was also extremely minimal - sections of plate missing from it in certain areas. It was easily apparent however, that he was not native to this region with the slightest glance of his muzzle, tail, or feet.

Slowly he glanced around at some of the patrons inside the tavern before he pushed past the door, letting it slide shut behind him. His paw raised to the cloaks hood, sliding it off slowly as he lifted a roll of parchment with his other paw. His ears flicked around slightly as he glanced at the page, If it wasn't apparent before - he stood out quite a bit, a young draconian figure with a coat of beautiful fur covering his body. It was a clean pelt of grey fur which would slowly gradient towards white.

Now as he finished looking at the parchment, he rolled it back up and slowly walked to the back of the tavern. His gaze closed on the old raccoon dog as he circled the table to the other side, setting the parchment down at her table. For a moment he seemed a bit curious, raising his ears up as he stared up at her, wondering how a peasant such as her could afford a bounty so expensive.

"I heard you were looking for someone... - Jeanne?." He stated in a low voice, staring at her with a curious look once more as he remained standing. "If you need them found - I can locate them, however, I require details about this fox." Slowly finishing his sentence as he presses the parchment down, unraveling it against the table with one paw, just enough to see the picture.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Jéanne stares at the stranger for a couple of moments, captivated by his exotic appearance. She quickly composes herself once she realizes that he is expressing interest in her request. "Ah! Of course, Monsieur." The old raccoon dog says, a tad shakily.

"Le Frère is fairly easy to recognize. Tall, round glasses, silver fur save for an orange-white on his socks, tip of his tail, and his jaw going down his belly. When I knew him, before he went off deep into the mountains, he always seemed kind and compassionate. He was smart, too, but a bit too honest for his own good. That's what got him in trouble with his order; he was always questioning and out-thinking them. Oh, you may not know the story, right? Well, he's an orphan. He was raised in the monastery, with one on the brothers, Fourier, acting as his father. Most of the brothers didn't care for Le Frère, and tried to get him expelled. Fourier managed to stop them, so they started a rumor that Fourier was more than just a parent to Le Frère. I never believed it. Anyhow: Fourier killed himself, and Le Frère blamed the whole order for it. He took his best friend, Viclau, my son, and went into the mountains. My Viclau hasn't been seen or heard of since. Everything else is eyewitness testimony and hearsay. He apparently lives in some cave, and he sets up traps to defend it. A lot of people also say he talks to ghosts, that he sees people who are not real."

Jéanne looks up at the mercenary, with a hopeful look in here eyes. "Is that enough information, Monsieur? If so, will you accept? Will you find Le Frère, and bring him back to Lourdes?"
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

User avatar
Chester
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Chester » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:18 pm

The door to the small tavern creaked open as a hooded figure stepped in cautiously. Glancing around, he scanned the inside of the tavern and its patrons before settling his gaze on a frail raccoon dog. Narrowing his eyes he thought back to the quest he'd heard of. Though 300 Ecu for a simple search and rescue seemed to good to be true, so upon hearing the quest, the fox simply waved it off.

Though after spotting the furred draconian figure enter the tavern clad in a long robe, with bits of steel showing through here and there, he concluded such a foreigner might've been looking for easy pay as well. After all, they clearly weren't a local and the travel would be worth it for the pay.

Approaching the pair slowly, he caught a few words of their discussion. Something about a rumor, a suicide and the fox he's supposed to track running off to the mountains. As he pulled the hood from his head, the fox perked up his ears as he drew closer to the conversation. Adjusting his belt and bag underneath the cloak, he prepared his weapons in case he'd face trouble on the mountains with this fox. Confident as he was that this mission was going to be easy, a thought crept up in the back of his mind that this could easily go awry.

Ignoring the doubts in the quests simplicity, he reached the table and spoke, "Hello, I heard of a quest, something of a search and rescue?" His stare flickered between the furred draconian and the raccoon dog before continuing. "You need a fox caught, correct?"

User avatar
Marconominov
Rogue
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:53 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Saltwater Crocodile

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Marconominov » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 pm

The bustling city was a welcome change from solitary travel. The buildings seemed bright, and the people lively. With a broad smile, the tortoise Stohne strolled down the main road. It had been a year or so since his last visit to Lourdes.

Within the hour, he had heard rumors of a missing boy and a worried mother. After some research, he discovered she was actually in need of help. Sure of his new quest, he made his way to the tavern he was directed.

Inside he found quite a mix of creatures. After a slow silence and some stares from curious mammals, he saw the woman described as well as some other patrons nearby. Slowly and surely, he paced towards the table and made a wide bow.

"My name is Stohne. I'm a traveling monk, and I'd like to help you find your son. I am honorbound by my order to help all who are in need, and to do so freely. Therefore, I do not need any reward. Merely a direction."

After he introduced himself, he smiled warmly and gave a respectful nod to the others gathered at the table.
Before there was time, before there was anything, there was Nothing. And before there was Nothing, there were Monsters - The Lich

User avatar
Wolfram Heart
Peasant
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Gray Wolf
Location: Toronto Starbucks/Tim Hortons
Contact:
Canada

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Wolfram Heart » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:58 am

If his gaudy red robes didn't make him stand out earlier, they certainly do now. The bulky tiger, while being native to Domus, was definitely not familiar with the holy city. However, he's here in search of his long-lost lover as he had people in a small hamlet tell him that his partner may have went here after passing through.

The tiger goes about asking various people if they've seen his chéri and know where he is or where he went. Unfortunately he has no luck and can't gather any information on lover.

With that he checks his purse, finding that he's a bit light on coins so he decides to head to a nearby tavern and see what paying work might be available. He adjusts his backpack as he walks and checks the breastplate he's wearing to see if it needs any touch-ups.

The feline finds everything on his person to be in order as he strides into the tavern and checks immediately for job postings, quickly finding the 300 Ecu posting. He likes what he sees and turns around to look for the lady who posted it, soon seeing the raccon-dog at her table accompanied by three others.

He strides over to the table, his hand on the pommel of his longsword as he smiles slightly.
"I hope I'm not to late to join this little search party you have going madame." The tiger then bows briefly. "Claude Herbért, at your service."

User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:54 am

(Terribly sorry for my incredibly long hiatus, my family is known for its timing...)

---

Umbra offered a small sigh as he listened, letting the parchment naturally roll itself up, further tightening the roll with his paws before tucking it back from where he had drawn it from with care. It was a rather unfortunate story which slightly tugged at his fragile heart. It was almost enough to keep him from noticing the other 'patrons' as they stepped near the table with him and the elderly woman. His gaze shifted slightly as he noticed the fox, then the other two as they entered.

While he wasn't too interested in sharing the large sum of coin, the 300, if less would be a plentiful amount in terms of reward for something so minute as retrieving a missing child.

"Unfortunate... I will do what I can to retrieve them, If I only return with one, however... You will have answers of your son."
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 pm

The old woman is briefly overwhelmed by the new arrivals, but composes herself after a few moments. She gives an abridged version of what she told Umbra.

When the draconian confirms his acceptance of the job, she smiles widely. "Ah! A thousand thanks, Monsieurs! If you are able to just return with Le Frère, you will be rewarded. As for where to start: head for the northern edge of the city. You will see a monastery populated by friars in gray habits, and a lone peasant home in very close proximity. Past that you will find a path into the mountains, that is the path Le Frère and my Viclau took all those years ago."
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Umbra let out a gentle sigh, leaving her one last look before he turned to the others. It was rare to find company and he didn't quite enjoy the companionship of random strangers so he found no sense in waiting on the others and quickly set out towards the door of the tavern, pausing as he reached for the metal knob and turned it, pulling open the door and vanishing to the bright outside of the large town. With a moment of silence, the figure unclipped a parchment map and ran it over a number of times.

It wouldn't take him long to get an idea of the location and to plan a rout into the mountains which might lead into some loose ends. When he was satisfied, he would pull his cloak tight around him and his hood overhead, tightening them till they were snug, but comfortable. It would be slightly harder to recognize him if not for his muzzle's color and the ringlet chain he was bard in.

With nothing as much as a word out of his muzzle, he set out through town with his tail swaying from side to side.

'Traps?... This aught to be an interesting story...'
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Umbra eventually made it to the part of the city that the old woman had described. There is a vacant home clearly intended for the lower classes, and a relatively small, but notable, monastery. The path leads along one border of the monastery's ground and, as he starts walking past, a lone monk tending to some flowers outside sees the figure and runs to the nearest door of the main building. He begins shouting and, near instantly a flood of gray-clad canines rush outside and watch the figure pass. Many of them begin praying, while others just look on with sorrow in their eyes. Sorrow for the figure that walks past them.
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:41 pm

It didn't take long to navigate the city, from the tavern to the monastery at the border of the city. As Umbra padded along his gaze fell upon the rather small formation of buildings, inspecting them with slight interest as he passed. For a moment he stopped in his tracks, his ears raising as the lone monk ran off, causing a large ruckus inside the monastery.

It didn't take long, quite the crowd built up outside of the building, leaving Umbrarum quite confused. With a gentle sigh, Umbra returned to a steady pace on the rough path. It didn't take long to pass the gates into the outskirts of the city which consisted mostly of farms and pastures with paths leading off in different directions for miles and miles. It wasn't too far off, thankfully, the base of the mountainous area started near to the city - somewhat covered in trees and shrouded well from sight.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 pm

The path leading to and through the treeline and into the mountains appears overgrown, undefined, and generally disused; seemingly indicating that it is rarely, if ever, used. As Umbra follows the path past the treeline, he finds that the area is strangely quiet. A few yards into the trees, and past the view of the more open areas, he finds what appears to be the remnants of a swinging long trap; one that had been sprung by some unfortunate traveler. The large, bloodstained log which had composed the lethal component of the trap has rolled into the center of the path. Turning the log over reveals a message carved deep into the wood: "LEAVE ME ALONE" in the Domish tongue.

Once he comes upon the sight of the sprung trap, Umbra can feel a pair of eyes watching him. In the distant brush, on the other edge of the wooded area before the terrain becomes severely mountainous, the glare of sunlight hitting glass is just visible.
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:19 pm

(Sorry for the prolonged wait, had a long weekend and it extended into a long week, too! xD)

With the trek towards the mountain it wasn't long till the figure ventured deeper into a woodlands area, slowed down by the dense foliage and tight tree line. Continuing forwards, he scowered the area for the path which slowly became covered by dense bushes and decaying debree. It was rather calm up here, where the sounds of civilization couldn't reach and all that could be heard was the brushing of wind and occasional chirp from the local fliers who resided well above the tops of the trees in the safety of their nests.

It was almost uncomfortable how quiet it had gotten - the adventurer had been expecting quite a bit more... Till he brushed further into the woodlands, the ground soft and moist with dead leaves under his uncovered paws as he carefully stepped through the forest. It quickly caught his eye though... That out of place stain of red in a sea of green and brown colors. It was quickly identifiable as blood... Someone had been unfortunate enough to walk in front of a trap

Curiousity filled him when he wondered what had become of the travelers body, the blood covering the log was long since dried and there was no sign of a corpse in the dirt. Identifying the log, it appeared to have been hung in wait for an unsuspecting victim to trip it. Other than the fact it was an entirely normal log with blood coating one end, someone had left markings into the side, easily identified once the log was rolled over. Perhaps the 'occupant' of this mountain was slightly insane.

Out of the other corner of his eyes, Umbra could catch a glimmer of light as the sun rolled past the tree tops. Aswell as an uncomfortable sensation, his fur slightly standing up as he picks himself off the ground. If only for a moment, he catches the shadow of a figure in the glimmering glass as the sun rolls overhead.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:40 am

Everything remained very still from the moment Umbra picked himself up. The glass in the bush remains immobile, so much so, that is quite unlikely that there is a person hidden in the bush. A cold breeze wafts down from the mountain, rustling the bush and causing the glass item to fall out of sight. From a hidden position at a higher altitude in the mountainous terrain, a screaming voice carries down. The words are fairly indiscernible due to the distance, but Umbra can pick up the words "Go away! Leave!" The person sounds extremely angered and their pattern of speech seems to be off in one way or another.
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

User avatar
Wolfram Heart
Peasant
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Gray Wolf
Location: Toronto Starbucks/Tim Hortons
Contact:
Canada

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Wolfram Heart » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:21 pm

(Urk, just noticed how far you two have gotten along until now XD Hope this works!)

Claude was paying so much attention to the old lady describing the path that Le Frére took, he didn’t notice Umbra leaving the table. Once he noticed, he stood and said farewell to the old lady before making a swift exit from the tavern. Before proceeding further, Claude takes a moment to close his eyes and place a hand on his face.

He focuses, trying to use a scrying spell in order to see how far away the draconian was. The fact that Claude has actually seen Umbra in person makes it easier, as he can recall his appearance and possibly his scent as well, using them as potential links to the draconian’s signature.

Soon Umbra’s approximate location flashes into his mind along with the most direct path forwards. While the spell Claude used can be very effective, it generally only works if he’s seen the person he’s looking for or has something that came from them or belonged to them, such as clothing or a piece of the person’s fur/hair. It won’t work in the case of his chéri as it’s been years since he last saw him.

Now that he knows where to go, Claude proceeds to move through the city swiftly, as he’s used to weaving his way through crowds and busy streets despite his size. He passes by the vacant home and monastery that the old lady had mentioned, passing through the city gates and headed down the path that Umbra took in the hopes that he’d catch up in enough time

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest