Welcome to the World of Feila!

Image

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:13 am

(Great to see you're joining us Wolfram,)

For quite some time, Umbra stood still, his ears perked and eyes focused on the shimmering glass till the wind brushed through the woods, knocking the strange object out of the bush just as the sun passed over. It isn't long before the startled creature takes his gaze off the glass object, turning his head about as an unknown voice shouts from up in the mountains. It could only be assumed that this was the supposed 'occupant' the old lady had described to them.

Nothing was to be gained by waiting here any longer. Stepping a paw onto the log, he continued on his way over and past it, stopping by the bush where he had noticed the glimmer of a glass material. It was no longer obvious where the object had dropped now that the sun had passed overhead. With a slow movement, he pressed his paw against one of the many bushes, sweeping the branches back slowly till he could locate the glass object in the mud. With curiosity taking hold, he would not notice Claude trailing him while he searched, satisfied that he was safe this far down the mountains.

(Since there's three of us now, I'll try to reply a bit faster so I don't keep everyone waiting, but I cant promise!)
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

Sponsor
 

User avatar
Marconominov
Rogue
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:53 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Saltwater Crocodile

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Marconominov » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:59 pm

(woah, I haven't been paying attention. Sorry)

Stohne made a bow before following Claude outside. Within a few moments it seemed liked the tiger knew exactly where to go, and set off at a brisk pace.

"Oh my. It would seem the chase has began." He chuckled before setting off in pursuit. His movement was rather quick despite his age, but he still fell behind.
Soon he saw the monastery, and then the gates. Claude was still within sight as he exited the city.

(I'll try to keep an eye on my notifier)
Before there was time, before there was anything, there was Nothing. And before there was Nothing, there were Monsters - The Lich

User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am

It was wise for Umbra to take caution when investigating the glass object, as it appears that the bush was trapped. A small, ceramic vial filled with some noxious liquid is suspended on a rope between two branches. It seems someone was meant to pull apart the bush quickly and launch the vial upwards, exposing the victim to the solution within it. The glass object appears to be a filthy, circular lens from some pair of glasses.

Claude manages to track Umbra down to the wooded edge of the mountainous terrain. He comes up on the sprung log trap as Umbra is investigating the glass object in the bush. Stohne himself comes up on the scene several minutes later.
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Umbra gently leaned over the bush as he searched, eventually finding rope leading to a vial which contained a fowl smelling liquid that burned his nostrils. With the utmost care, the dragon untangled the rope, letting the vial drop onto the ground - the solution leaking into the soil as the rope was unstrung from it. Hopefully this would prevent any travelers from springing it if they found themselves here. With that, Umbra released the bush, lowering himself further to pick up the lens from the dirt. Interesting... It was unclear whos this was, but it was surely owned by the devious man setting these traps.

With the lens between his claws, he pulled out of the bush, dropping the lens into a satchel concealed by the cloak he wore. Tightening the bag as he slowly let the bush slide into its original place, he turned, eyes flaring up as he gazed about. Over the waves of brush getting flicked in the wind he could clearly hear footsteps of someone approaching at a decent pace. His heartbeat flaired up quickly as he drew a sharp pointed dagger - a mail breaker more specifically. As an unknown figure approached, he stood against the back of a tree, leaning against it with the intent to conceal himself long enough to catch a glimpse of the figure. This couldnt be anything more than a wandering traveler, could it?... His heart paced and breathing grew deep.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

User avatar
Chester
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Chester » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:20 pm

(Sorry for being so late, haven't been watching notifications lately)

With a simple nod, the fox watched as the others prepared to leave. When the draconian stepped out, he decided to stay for a drink or two. With a huff, he downed a few tankards and mingled with a few strange patrons. A little while rolled by when out of the corner of his eye, Chester spotted a tortoise head out.

Realizing he was heading for the mission, the fox quickly gathered his belongings and muttered a few quick, tipsy goodbyes before jogging after him. Pushing open the creaky doors, he looked around for the reptile. Before long, the fox could see him through the bustling crowds and trotted after him, slipping into a casual lope, easily catching up with his long furred legs. He stalked as silently as his paws would allow, just behind the figure, following him to what the fox would hope was where they would begin their quest.

User avatar
Wolfram Heart
Peasant
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Gray Wolf
Location: Toronto Starbucks/Tim Hortons
Contact:
Canada

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Wolfram Heart » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:12 am

Claude watches the area around him as he walks, his hand not leaving the pommel of his sword. When he reaches the area where his scry had located Umbra, seeing that the draconian was nowhere in sight he decides to call out.

“Good sir from the tavern! I know you’re out here somewhere, so please do not hide. We’re supposed to be working together, no?”

The tiger lets his hand drop from his sword’s pommel, looking around to see if Umbra comes out. In case he’s attracted unwanted attention by calling out, he swiftly and quietly casts a simple ranged protection spell so an unexpected arrow or dagger won’t be capable of bringing him down for a brief time.

User avatar
Marconominov
Rogue
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:53 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Saltwater Crocodile

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Marconominov » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Stohne arrives several moments after Claude. Right away he notices the cautious way the tiger acted, and stopped a few feet behind him. "Have we found our eager friend?" He asked softly, casting his glance over the area.

If there was trouble so soon, it boded ill for the longer journey. He just hoped that his companions would be safe. As far as he could tell, there was no immediate danger.
Before there was time, before there was anything, there was Nothing. And before there was Nothing, there were Monsters - The Lich

User avatar
Chester
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Chester » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Chester spots Stohne come to a stop abruptly. Deciding to hang back for a bit, he glanced around the new surroundings he found himself in. Taking note of Claude, the other stranger from the tavern, he trotted a tad closer. Seeing nothing particularly alarming about the area, he decides to make himself known. Stepping forth cautiously, the fox approached the duo. Something about the area, namely their missing comrade along with a strange scent, put the fox on edge and his fur bristled slightly as he stepped into view.

"You two are from the tavern, yes? Are you both here for the quest, something of a missing fox?" He voiced, stepping through the thick brush. "I am here for the quest as well, though I believe we are missing someone." Chester, realizing their cautious movements, began to meticulously scan his surroundings. Upon not sensing any immediate threats, he turned back to face the others.

User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:18 pm

A breeze sweeps through the copse, rustling the branches of trees and bushes and sending a small chill through those assembled. The voice Umbra had heard a few moments ago is once again carried down the mountain, and he sounds significantly more distressed. "Leave, leave, leave! I know you are down there! I know they are down there! They are coming for me! They want me dead! Hanged! Drawn and quartered! Burned as a heretic! They are evil! Children of evil! Hanged as a murderer! Begone! Begone! Leave!" The voice fades as it becomes more distant, leaving the area, once again, in an eerie silence.
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:48 pm

(Happy Easter everyone!!!)

Umbra wasn't fond of strangers, with so many it put him on edge - unsure for some moments as the three talked just behind where he hid. The noise of the strange man yelling from the hills assaulting his ears almost immediately after the three other settled down in the 'clearing'. As the voice ended in silence, Umbra's ears flicked under his cloth hood, instantly - the sound of sliding metal and a loud click as the Draconian slid his sidearm back into its sheath before stepping into the open - the crunching of leaves not doing much to hide his arrival.

"Took long enough, didn't you?..." Umbra huffed softly as he stepped away from the tree and out into the open with his arms crossed."I believe that's our bounty. However... It seems the woods are riddled with traps. - If you've taken a look, yet." The Draconian motions to a collapsed tree with a paw, brushing against the log with his foot enough to roll it out of the way an inch or two. While the blood was long since dried and old, it was still obvious that someone had been hit squarely by a sharp point carved into it.

Umbra gently pulled his hood down, turning about as he glanced around, staring far off into the hills. "We really mustn't delay if we want to retrieve him, Its dangerous out here and we're giving him time to flee."
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

User avatar
Wolfram Heart
Peasant
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Gray Wolf
Location: Toronto Starbucks/Tim Hortons
Contact:
Canada

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Wolfram Heart » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 am

Claude looks up at the mountain as he hears a voice carrying down from it, taking note of the rather distressed and possibly frightened tone of voice. “Hm, seems that whomever’s up there, possibly our quarry, has been gone for quite some time. Their mind appears to still be stuck in the past due to lack of outside input.” The tiger’s eyes instinctively shift over to the direction were the sound of leaves crunching underfoot is emanating from, only to see that it’s the Draconian he was seeking.

“Well, to be fair you did leave rather promptly compared to the rest of us, thus having quite a head start. But, never mind that. We’re all here now, I believe.” He checks behind himself to be sure of his last statement, smiling slightly at the sight of the other two having arrived. “A full party of four. How, appropriate.” Claude listens to Umbra as he speaks about the woods being riddled with traps, taking note of that fact. While he did not notice the trap from the scry he did earlier to find the Draconian, he does recall seeing it but not taking any particular notice of it. “Hmm, I see what you mean about the traps. Not my specialty however, though my reflexes have often been sufficient to keep me from mortal peril. I may be able to scry ahead for traps, but it will be difficult given that I don’t know what any of them may look like and I would assume that the same trap would not be used more than once. Though, people have done stranger things.”

The tiger takes a moment to retrieve something from his backpack. He pulls out a cloak, one that is made from a pelt of black fur that is designed to be reversible, with the inside being dyed white so that when reversed it functions as both suitable camouflage in snowy environments and winter attire. Claude slips it on with the black pelt on the outside, drawing the cloak snugly and throwing the hood up. “In any case, I’m in agreement with you. Best be off to secure our quarry.”

User avatar
Chester
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Chester » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Chester's ears perked up as he focused in on the shouts that rolled from the mountain. As he cocked his head, Chester narrowed his eyes to briefly scan the mountainside. Seeing nothing of interest he focused on the voice, subtly twitching and rotating his ears to locate its origin. The wind carried the sound in shaky dips and swirls, causing Chester to lose the precise origin of the noise. Though even with the disruption, he could tell the vague area of the sound's maker, and he made a mental note of it. There were tones of fear and obvious distress laced in the screams, indicating that their target wasn't in the most pleasurable of situations.

As the Draconian stepped into the clearing, Chester briefly flickered his gaze to him before returning to the mountain. Before long the shouts came to an end, and Chester looked around at the group. Being surrounded by strangers wasn't his idea of "fun", and he was apprehensive about working with them. Of course, the profit in the end would make the journey worthwhile so he kept his complaints inside. Putting on a face of enthusiasm, he approached the group to listen in on what the others had to say.

At their mention, Chester turned towards the trap, crouching down near it. The strange scent it gave off put him on edge as he examined it. While it wasn't the most complex method of stopping uninvited visitors, it certainly was effective. The blood stains were enough to tell him that. With a huff, he stood once more and put on another toothy grin over his sour expression. "Shouldn't be much trouble. We'll just have to be more cautious, though it would slow us a bit. If we don't want to miss our prey, I'd suggest we get a move on. We're tight enough on time as is."

User avatar
The Friar
Peasant
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Red/Bengal fox
Location: Chicagoland metro
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by The Friar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 pm

((Marco has asked me to skip over him; he is dealing with some technical issues.))

After a few moments more, the sounds of life return to the woods. There is no rational explanation as to why the fauna of the area had suddenly broken their silence, nor why they had gone silent in the first place. Perhaps it is because the creatures of the area no longer felt threatened by odd hermit who had gone silent himself, and presumably headed further into the wilderness. Perhaps the hermit carries with him some sort of aura of silence that had magically prevented them from vocalizing. More simply, however, the animals could have all merely been asleep at the same time of day.

Moving further into the wilds, the path becomes less and less distinct; more and more overgrown and neglected. The decay of the path seems to flow an increase in the presence of threatening and nonsensical messages and child-like drawings scrawled into the bark of the surrounding trees. The drawings, as there is no better word to describe them, are always the same: stick-figure representations of two canine and/or vulpine figures, one always drawn taller than the other and portrayed in some sort of dress or robe.
This is my signature.

It is a very good signature.


My Characters

User avatar
HawkerTheGreat
Rogue
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by HawkerTheGreat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:19 am

(I heard his computer bit the dust.)

Interest filled Umbra's face as he glanced about, only the breeze and the subtle brushing of nearby foliage howling gently through the trees. The draconian found it strange that all the wildlife had gone quiet all at once. Seconds past before the creature raised his ears, their tips flicking upwards excitedly with the return of these calming noises. Perhaps there was more to the hermit than Umbra took him for, Indeed it urged him forward without a single word to the rest of the group. It seemed the creatures ear's never rested, as he padded forward with slightly muddy paws that left tracks on the packed dirt of the path.

With that, he stepped further on - ensuring that the rest of the group followed behind this time. Thankfully Umbra left plenty of time for the others to catch up as he inspected nearly every mangled tree with drawings on them, insistent on figuring out what they meant. It didn't take long for the path to lose form, most of it being claimed by greedy trees that hadn't been pruned in years. Soil and stone became broken up earth covered by grass and weeds that dipped back into slightly muddy soil that was soft and wet.

"I find it strange how this 'Order' alone would drive children to such madness. What they must have done to drive his mentor to suicide, if after all this they had the will to drive the orphan out into the wilderness. Unforgivable..." Umbra mentioned as the group endured forward - the draconian slowing down substantially with a regular glance around as the path grew short.
Tidings From Valrei
https://sta.sh/01ppu3vv2ksh

User avatar
Chester
Peasant
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm
Gender: Male
United States of America

Re: Man of the Cloth, Man of the Mountain (OPEN)

Post by Chester » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 pm

(Yikes, that sucks. I hope he can sort everything out soon.)

As the background chatter of the forest started back up, Chester looked around with wide eyes. His ears were cocked in surprise and examined every sound; from the squirrels chattering threats from high in the trees to the subtle winds combing through the brush, causing the foliage to shudder.

Finally though, he started on the diminishing trail. With increasing interest, Chester approached a nearby tree with strange depictions scrawled onto it. He ran the pads of his fingers over the indents in the wood. While he could not find meaning nor sense in the scribbles, he was set on examining each mangled tree.

The trail kept on, ever thinning until finally giving way to the surrounding trees and weeds, left unkempt by neglect. As he pushed onward into the forest behind the draconian, guided loosely by the strange carvings, his glances out into the forest that surrounded him grew more and more frequent.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest