Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

WA01; The Wandering Opportunist.

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
Whitepaw
Peasant
Species: Dingo
Location: Wherever your imagination wants me to be~! But mostly in my bedroom -__-

WA01; The Wandering Opportunist.

Post by Whitepaw » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 am

The Parfum Winds swept strongly through the grasslands surrounding Aquilon, Domus territory. The trees and forested areas rustled loudly but it was all music to the ears of the dingo who watched the faraway town with a smile on his lips. He wore black boots and a black hooded jacket which made him look more penniless than sinister. Under that some dark blue pants and a similarly coloured shirt could be seen. At his hip was a rediculously ornate defense cross-sword. The blue dyed fur of the dingo, however, hinted at either money enough to afford regular dyeing or some potency at magic use.
With a song on his lips the dingo strutted down the incline and made for what would likely be a thirty minute walk to Aquilon. He hoped it was Aquilon. Either that or his map reading really was god-awful.
In truth his legs were tired and his heart a tad heavy from his travels. The sight of his destination had given him a new strength though. He reached into his jacket and produced an apple. He munched on it greatfully as his discordant singing was swept away to dance with the wind.
It really was beautiful weather.

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: WA01; The Wandering Opportunist.

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:41 am

Natsuki had not paused in her own walking, the result of which brought her close enough to the dingo ahead of her on the trail that she could catch his singing on the wind. The musician in her wanted to cringe at the discordant notes, but it did bring to her attention that someone was on the trail ahead of her. She picked up her pace in an effort to catch up to the other traveler before they reached the city ahead of them.

It had been a couple years since the petite vixen had last been in the country of her birth. Every time she returned she was filled with conflicting emotions. It was nice to return to familiar lands, but at the same time, they weren't as familiar as they had been when she left. She felt less and less connected to the land and the people each time she came back, but despite that, a part of her was always grateful for the familiarity she could find.

Her thoughts had been everywhere but on the road in front of her, and she was surprised when she spotted the other traveler ahead of her, and again cringed a bit at his singing. She picked up her pace a bit more and was quickly walking alongside the black clad figure. "Hello." She said cheerfully "Nice to catch another traveler on the trail." she continued. She wore well made, if well worn, clothes that were dyed in different shades of green, and carried a large pack on her back. "where you coming from?" She asked with some interest.

Whitepaw
Peasant
Location: Wherever your imagination wants me to be~! But mostly in my bedroom -__-

Post by Whitepaw » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:14 pm

((//This is what I mean by 'wandering'; awful net where I live. Sorry for the wait!))

Whitepaw jumped and turned, blade drawn as fast as lightning. He was half terrified, half blushing because he knew he had been caught singing. In his free paw he held his Apple like a rune-stone, ready to read some enhanced enchantments on his would-be attacker's tail.
A gust of wind blew through the area. Whitepaw, terrified of an actual fur - possibly a bandit - as opposed to simple beasts, froze on the spot. His blade didn't quiver, but he made neither to slash, to stab or to sheath. Still hungry, he took a bite from his Apple as menacingly as possible.
He wound up looking more adorable than he did dangerous. One ear was blown lopsided by the parfum winds.
"I-I am Whitepaw Ninich...who are you?" He asked, his voice wavering just a little.
It was an almost epic scene as seen from afar, the one in black and the one in green standing there in the wavy green hills outside Aquilon.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Natsuki jumped back as Whitepaw drew his blade, her paws wreathed in what looked like blue fire, and her stance one of a ready fighter. Her response had been as much on instinct and reflex as Whitepaw's initial drawing of his blade. As Whitepaw took a bite of the apple he held, she raised an eyebrow, and shook her head. She eased her stance as he spoke, and the flames that had been covering her paws winked out of existence. "My name is Natsuki Leveau." She replied to his question, holding out a paw as she did. "I heard you singing, and thought I would catch up. A little company is always welcome on the trail." An impish grin spread across her muzzle. "I'm a musician and a merchant." She took a closer look at Whitepaw's sword from where she stood. "And that sword looks more suited for display than an actual fight. I could trade you something more practical, for it. Of course I would offer coin to make up the difference in monetary value." She looked at him expectantly.

Whitepaw
Peasant

Post by Whitepaw » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:13 am

"It does look like that, huh. Take it." Whitepaw offered, changin his grip to the cross guard and pointing the grip to Natsuki. He smiled and nibbled further at his apple, apparently really not bothered by the offer to remove his sword from his person. The wind blew his coat back, revealing nought but his non-threatening stance and his dark clothes under the coat.
"You remind me of a story I heard, with your hands that hold fire. It was a Yamaha story, full of 'desu' this and 'konnichiwa' that. But the translator made good if it. I can use a few water spells myself and I think I had a few rune stones somewhere, but I rarely use them. I'm kind of a hoarder. And I LOVE using screamers; so pretty."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:13 am

"All right then." Natsuki said as she gently took the blade that was offered to her. She set it down carefully on the ground next to her before removing her pack. "let's see if anything I have strikes your fancy" She said as she pulled on a pair of gloves before digging into the pack. She eventually removed a satchel with a strip of red cloth tied to it. She smiled as she set her pack to one side, then opened the satchel.

From the satchel she began pulling an assortment of blades from short swords to claymores, even a couple of scimitars from Kahun, and a katana from Yamaha were included in the assortment of weaponry she laid out on the ground between her and Whitepaw. All of the blades were practical in design and construction, though they were all well made and balanced. It was easy to tell, upon inspection of the blades, that the vixen knew how to pick out well crafted weaponry.

She chuckled at the mention of her spellfire reminding Whitepaw of a story from Yamaha. "Oh really now, what was the story about?" She inquired with some curiosity. "Normal magic and I don't really get along." She continued when he mentioned knowing a few spells, and carrying runestones. "I tend to absorb it, though I have found a few things that help shield magic items from that absorption."

She looked at Whitepaw for a moment, then down at the blades. "So, which one would you prefer?" She asked.

Whitepaw
Peasant

Post by Whitepaw » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:27 pm

"This one," Whitepaw said with a flourish of his hand. His blade seemingly melted into vapour where it had been placed and blew back into formation in Whitepaw's paw. He smiled apologetically.
"This is a manifestation of my very being. Sort of like my soul. It can take any form I give it and, well...I like petty things. I like your wares though. I always fancied a Yamaha Katana. Those are pretty cool. As for the story...fe-ary teiru? Fa-ary teiru? Sounded like fairy tail. Main guy's name was really girly, I remember it translated to 'summer'."
Whitepaw kept looking at all the weaponry. He nibbled his index finger and whimpered. The more he stated the more he wanted it all. He put his own weapon away and grinned happily. "Do you accept mildly inspired modern Yamahese art? I can draw a little. It would probably take fifty pieces to pay for that Katana though."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Natsuki watched as Whitepaw recalled the sword he had handed her, then scowled. "Could have said that from the beginning." She grumbled. "wasted all that time pulling out swords...." She trailed off into more grumbling, and what was quite probably a few curses thrown in for good measure. In her irritation she quite honestly didn't care anymore about the story. She had started picking up swords and stuffing them back into the satchel before Whitepaw asked about taking art in trade for the katana she was about to pick up and put away. She glanced up at Whitepaw, then back down at the Katana. "Honestly...probably not. I don't normally deal in art, You may be able to sell some in town though." She offered as she finished picking up the other blades, leaving only the katana in her hand.

Whitepaw
Peasant

Post by Whitepaw » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:23 am

"You're a stereotypical merchant, you know that?" Whitepaw smiled, rubbing the back of his head and shutting his eyes in a classic display of bashfulness. "Besides, not saying's more fun."
He opened his eyes and stared out over the horizon. He wanted torso de a paw, point and make some dramatic statement about selling his art until the blade was his, but his legs hurt.
"Why don't we hit town, relax a bit, and work the situation out from there? My beady peepers are about the only part of my body that doesn't hurt."

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:04 am

Natsuki shrugged when Whitepaw told her she was stereotypical. "Could be I am." She replied. "There are some things you learn about the trade that are fairly universal for everyone wishing to join it, that may lead to some stereotypes. Not saying may be more fun for you..." She reigned herself in from finishing that statement before it irritated her all over again. "Of course you know most merchants that travel don't do it alone...makes them too easy a target for bandits." She said before stuffing the katana back into the satchel, and tossing the satchel back into her pack. She bent over to tie her pack back up then lifted it onto her shoulders. She nodded when Whitepaw suggested heading for the town, and started walking in that direction. "Been traveling a long time then?" She asked as they went.

Whitepaw
Peasant

Post by Whitepaw » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:32 am

"Long enough to cause some displeasure at the thought of taking another step. I crave some familiar territory." Whitepaw put both paw behind his head and walked, avoiding mentioning the pain he was in. He really wanted a wash, actually, and a nice hot meal. Preferably in bed. He laughed at the thought, as darkly at its low likelihood as giddily at how pleasant it was.
"What of you? Sore feet?"

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Natsuki chuckled. "Between training when I was young, and spending much of the last decade walking the roads, my feet either have little feeling left in them or are just used to it." She grinned. "Though I'm never one to turn down a night in a bed if I've the chance at it. Inns also offer their own opportunities to make a bit of coin, if you've a knack for entertaining at least." With that statement she began walking down the trail again. "Faster we get moving, faster we get there." She commented as she went. After a few moments thought she ventured another question. "So, you mentioned familiar territory, are you from this area?" She asked.

Whitepaw
Peasant

Post by Whitepaw » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:07 am

"Am I from around here? Not at all. I come from nowhere and my travels are bound for everywhere. Of course, that is just my philosophy..." Whitepaw smiled and winced as his paws screamed at him. How he wished the town ahead would suddenly up and fly towards them, perhaps to land them somewhere soft and with food.

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Natsuki frowned a bit at the response she got. "Spent time here before, then?" She probed as it was apparent she wasn't likely to get an actual location for where her new companion was from. "I grew up in Rennes, though that's not anywhere near here, this is closer to home than I've been in some time." She cheerfully started humming an old Domusian tune as they walked toward the city not too far away.

manymaniyaa
Cub

Post by manymaniyaa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 am

Whitepaw wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:27 pm
"This one," Whitepaw said with a flourish of his hand. His blade seemingly melted into vapour where it had been placed and blew back into formation in Whitepaw's paw. He smiled apologetically.
"This is a manifestation of my very being. Sort of like my soul. It can take any form I give it and, well...I like petty things. I like your wares though. I always fancied a Yamaha Katana. Those are pretty cool. As for the story...fe-ary teiru? Fa-ary teiru? Sounded like fairy tail. Main guy's name was really girly, I remember it translated to 'summer'." PhenQ | https://phenq-reviews.com
Whitepaw kept looking at all the weaponry. He nibbled his index finger and whimpered. The more he stated the more he wanted it all. He put his own weapon away and grinned happily. "Do you accept mildly inspired modern Yamahese art? I can draw a little. It would probably take fifty pieces to pay for that Katana though."
How you keep those rotating into the custom thing which are more whimpered and vapour