A long time gone. ((Edwin and Domus Monarch Meeting))

The third most powerful nation of Feila, ruled by the Canine. The current system of government is Feudalist/Absolute Monarchy, with the monarch as the control of power and the aristocracy. It's military is fourth largest in number, and weaker than Gawain's or Edwin's. It consists of the Domus Army and Navy. It is geographically one of the smaller nations of Feila. Similar to Earth's medieval France.
Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Re: A long time gone. ((Edwin and Domus Monarch Meeting))

Post by Brimstone »

Fenrir seemed a little off. "I haven't the faintest idea your Majesty, but I strongly advise against you sending anyone to talk to him. He makes the potion himself, which causes problems. The first idea would... could possibly work but we don't know what a rapid purge would do to him. Sending Freya would be... Highly dangerous. He may be weak physically, he can do horrifying things with magic. I wouldn't even attempt such a thing, and I'm relatively safe... He seems to like having me around" The wolf said, grinning sheepishly.

"However, I don't think he would leave Domus unless he was going on this trip. Which gives me a fairly underhanded plan... But I think it could work. It would be seen as an act of war if it failed though..." The hound finished, seeming to be a little nervous.

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Gavin chuckled. "In the end, perhaps that's what he really needs. A swift kick in the ass, and someone to defiantly lay the naked truth at his feet." he grinned. "Freya has her own magic, and is not nearly as fragile as you seem to think her." Freya gave an agreeing nod at this assertion.

He leaned back in his chair and sighed slightly when Fenrir mentioned having a plan of his own that so far sounded riskier than Freya talking with Brimstone. War put far more lives on the line if the plan failed. "Well, let's hear it at least." He replied before taking a drink from his mug, and waiting for Fenrir to explain what he had in mind.

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

OOC: Sorry for such a long absence again, life got a little complicated, old roomate tried to kill me, had to spend five grand I didn't have moving, and just getting back on my feet. I should be around a little more often now though.

Fenrir nodded, but sighed. "I mean no disrespect when I warn against Freya going to speak with him... But please remember that while Edwin has technology, Domus is the land of magic. The king has incredible stores of magical energy, and shows no mercy to those who angers him. I have seen him strip the flesh from the bones of one of our court magisters without thought. Do not under estimate him please. He had a love and affinity for magic that I have never seen before. I say this not out of disrespect for Freyas ability but for fear of her safety" He stated. He did not wish for anyone to be hurt.

"As for the war plan, I don't quite see failure as a likely option, so long as everything goes to plan. You have to swear to me though... Neither he, nor anyone in Domus will be harmed more than they must be" He said before shaking his head. "I trust you though, so here it is. Accept the exhibition. The ploy will be you and him will go to this new land and settle it together as a show of your respect and admiration for the bond between our countries. The trip will last several weeks with even our fastest large ships. Once you are out at sea, lock him up. I don't care if you must use chains or what have you, make sure he cannot do anything of his own volition! I will give you what you need to block his ability to preform spells. Not only that, but to ensure you do not have any problems, I will not only provide you with Domus Uniforms, but I will send a few Domus Naval Captains with you who are fully briefed on the situation. They are loyal to the country and king to the very death, but I will make them understand. I know many of them personally, and they trust my judgement" He continued.

Fenrir paused, then sighed. "By the time you reach the new land, His Majesty should be rid of the poison for good. He will start to understand why you are doing what you are doing. When you reach the new land, claim it with him, and go on from there. The event will have passed, and it will all be water under the bridge" The Wolf added. "To give the impression that half the crew is f Domus decent, you will have the uniforms. The King will expect nothing, especially if he is as confused as he usually is" He finished.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Gavin smiled. "I think she might surprise you both. From the histories I've read, and the very few dragons I've met, I do believe that an affinity for magic is a trait they all share." He replied, "but if you insist, I'll ask her not to confront him."

He sighed at the plan, it was not really ideal, but would work if it everybody followed the plan. "there's a lot of risk in that plan if you're wrong about him. It's hard to explain holding a monarch captive, and that could easily be used against me should he decide he resents the actions taken even after the poison is purged from him." He mused quietly before he looked at Fenrir again. "I suppose we'll see how things go...I think I may have Freya accompany us after all."

Brimstone
Assassin
Assassin

Post by Brimstone »

Fenrir shrugged. "Best I could come up with. However, if I can get one of the lovely Arctic monarchs to meet up with you... His majesty has an affinity for the middle daughter I believe. We have not had much contact with them though. Last I heard she shared his feelings so maybe we can get her assistance? It would be a way to calm him down and see reason" He said thinking, before sighing.

"There is only so much I can do. If you have a better plan please. If you are one hundred percent certain that Freya will be able to do something, you can do it. She is yours to command, not mine or his Majesties. I'm just worried about him. He used to do such an amazing job. He was loved by the entire country at one point. I just want to see him how he used to be" He finished.

Finally, he stood to the side of the room. Footsteps could be heard approaching the room. "I would appreciate it if you waited a little bit before doing anything. I like my head where it is" He whispered, just as the door opened. The king walked in, and walked over to the chair he sat in before.

"I apologize for my long absence. Something held me for longer than I expected" Brimstone stated. He seemed stronger now. His footsteps were not near as shaken. "Anyway, we were talking of a possible expedition yes? If you are interested, then I would honoured if your country would assist me" He smiled. "I can see a great many things coming should we be successful, for both of us. With all the wars that are happening, I feel the world may come down around our ears. With the resources we will find, we could be the pillar that stops it from falling" He said, having obviously done some thinking during his walk.

"After we solve the more pressing issues at least. Cannot let ourselves take too many steps before the first has passed" He finished, looking to Gavin for his response.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Gavin listened as Fenrir spoke, but he was thinking of a different direction he could take Fenrir's plan that could possibly be a little less risky. "Perhaps his potion making supplies could just go missing on the long voyage." he mused. "That combined with whatever you have to keep him from using his magic." He nodded to himself. "Either way, I'm sure we can take care of it." He offered a smile to Fenrir as the wolf left the room.

"Think nothing of it." He responded to Brimstone's apology. He nodded with enthusiasm. "I do believe an expedition would be a fine idea" He wasn't so sure he saw the state of the world as quite as bad as Brimstone made it out to be, but he couldn't deny the possible benefits if the new land Brimstone spoke of was all he made it seem.

Gavin held out a paw. "To a continued alliance, and success in future endeavours." He offered.