Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Clockwork of Thieves, Lies and Cheats

This is where all of the Age of Steam role-plays are archived.
Grey_fox20
Rogue
Species: Fox/Wolf

Re: The Clockwork of Thieves, Lies and Cheats

Post by Grey_fox20 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:20 am

As Jasper walked toward the buildings, he saw a very large building, stretching far and high "What's this here?" Jasper mumbled to himself, before noticing a sign being lowered from the roof, which said: CONWAY'S DEN, TWICE THE SIZE, HALF THE PRICE.
"There it is Kyle, the best example of a thief's economy" Jasper said, crossing his arms and shaking his head in puzzlement "Why would they need to expand...they already had over a hundr-" Jasper started to say before he was cut off by an old cat. The old cat pushed Jasper to the ground and went right for Kyle, grabbing him by the arm "Where did you get it?" the cat said "Answer me quickly, boy, where did you get that Golden Cog?" the cat said in a growling whisper, though the sounds of the crowds of thieve's made sure it would not be heard by anyone other than the two.

Sponsor

cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Post by cossant » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:58 am

Kyle had reacted almost as soon as the cat grabbed his arm. He drew his revolver, and pressed it against the cat's stomach.

"You've got ten seconds to let go of me and explain yourself before I decide to coat the ground with your blood."

Kyle had pulled his muzzle into a snarl, and he couldn't help the growling. He looked almost feral. Normally, he would have just beat the crap out of the cat for grabbing him, But Anderson's little visit had really set him on edge.

"And you try to run, I'll shoot out your legs and finish the job with my knife." he growled, threateningly.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 pm

"You're a bit more prepared than I thought" said the cat, Jasper quickly climbed to his feet and saw Kyle had the cat in a deadly lock "Listen...that cog you have...I know a lit'le somethin' 'bout 'em" the cat said, releasing his grip on Kyle's arm. Jasper walked round to see who the cat was, and once he got a good view, he let out an aggravated sigh "Kyle, let this one go...it's just Marley, I see him at the bar daily...he's probably as drunk as he usually is" Jasper said, motioning his hand toward COnway's Den "I think we should just head inside, we've got a note to follow", yet just as Jasper finished his sentence, Marley blurted out "I wrote that note, ya' idjit! Just take the gun from my stomac' and I'll tell ya' what i've got". Jasper froze for a minute, pondering through his thoughts and decided on a final option "Kyle, it's up to you...do we trust him?".

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Kyle glared at the cat for a second, before pulling his gun up, and resting it on the cat's neck. "One wrong move. That's all the excuse I need." he warned. He took a step away from the drunk, holstering his gun, though keeping his paw on it. "now, why'd you bring us here?"

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Marley let out a sigh of relief as the gun's barrel was no longer aimed at him "I brought you here to discuss that Golden Cog you have" Marley whispered "Where did you get it?" he asked, the whiskey smell on his breath becoming more potent "Well, there is the one I gave him, but I 'found' it inside a nobleman's manor" Jasper said, half-answering the question "You have two of them...?Even better...Follow me" Marley said, walking toward a darkened area between two buildings.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Kyle followed, his paw ready to draw his gun in an instant.

"Mardar, this is a perfect setup for an ambush. You see any movement besides his and our own, you let me know." he suggested.
Walking into the alleyway had his senses telling him to stop and leave. But he never really listened to his senses. "Life and death. And just a twitch of a finger as a distance." he muttered.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:48 am

"Any other movements? We're in an alley way in the middle of a town of thieves, an movement other than our own will be almost invisible" JAsper jokingly said, but within an instant he said "but if I do see anything, I'll tell you". As they all walked into the darkened alley, the old cat turned back to Kyle and Jasper "This is why I had to get you two here" Marley said, reaching into his coat and pulling out an old, dust-covered piece of paper "I found this many years ago, on a travel to the other lands, I was lucky enough to find it...this map leads somewhere, but I don't know where but according to this map, where ever it leads to holds a great treasure" Marley said, showing the map to Kyle and Jasper.

The map showed every town and country, but spread around the map where cryptic riddles and messages "I ain't been able to figur' this out, but you two look to be better than me" Marley said, rolling the map up and holding it out to Kyle "Kyle...I'm thinking this isn't very on the lines, it just seems a little false to me" Jasper said, thinking over this map opportunity "but I'm leaving it up to yo-" as Jasper was speaking there was the suden sound of a stab and Jasper yelled out as a knife went into his shoulder and at the opening of the alley were three Hyenas, each dressed in the same outfit consisting of waistcoats, trenchcoats and trousers with working-class boots "Looke' w'at we gots 'ere, three uppity class boys minglin' wit' a drunk, seems we gots an easy pickin's 'ere boys" the middle hyena said, brandishing a pipe.
Jasper walked slightly closer to them and attempted to talk his way out of the trouble "Listen, me and my friend here getting something from this old codger, so just leave us be and I'll make sure you get some compensation" the lead hyena showed a slight smile and, in the blink of an eye, smashed the pipe into Jasper mechanical arm, almost completely breaking it. Jasper fell backward, arm in two pieces, as the hyenas started to walk further into the alley, toward Kyle and Marley.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 am

Kyle snarled, as he drew his gun. "Bad move, mutt." He made a charge down the alleyway, shooting his gun as he ran forward. In mid-run, he drew his knife, ready to finish this close up if need be. As he charged, the back of his mind was warning him of something, though he ignored it, his rage fueling his advance.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:04 am

Jasper watched, clutching the falling parts of his arm, as Kyle charged at the hyenas, shooting bullets as he took his steps, one bullet hitting the left hyena's arm and one hitting the right hyena's leg, but the main hyena was still on the advance.
"That was a bad move yerself!" yelled the remaining hyena, a bullet whizzing past him. The lead Hyena readied his pipe as Kyle charged and as Kyle was close, the pipe was swung.

Jasper could do nothing from his current position, his heart beating a hundred a second and his arm falling apart, but he had to do something, but he couldn't muster the strength to lift himself from the stone ground. Meanwhile, Marley had watched the whole scene from the background, seeing Jasper harmed and bullets fly "These boys...I knew they wouldn'y last" he thought, slipping further into the shadows, he reached for a weapon of his own, yet he knew he had sold his pitols long ago...

Jasper saw Marley slip into the shadows and tried to think of something he could do and one thought came to mind, his damaged arm...metal and machinary, something to use...Jasper rolled up his sleeve and reached into the crumbling arm, pulling out a piece of metal ,as big as a child's arm but as sharp as a barber's razor. Jasper took this piece of metal and slid it across the ground with his fading strength hoping it would aid Kyle if the hyena's pipe missed it's swing.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:31 am

Seeing the swing, Kyle raised his arm up. The pipe collided with his arm, knocking him off balance, his arm in immense pain. As he stumbled to the ground, his paw grabbed the piece of metal. He swung over, catching the hyena's ankle, listening as the blade sank into it. Letting goof the blade, he scrambled around the ground, until he grabbed the familiar handle of his revolver. Getting up, he held his revolver with his right hand, his left arm hanging uselessly at his side. He had definitely broken his arm.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:46 am

The lead hyena fell to the ground, metal embedded in his ankle, his two companions laying on the ground in pain "O'ight, ya' beat us...halfway to death" the hyena said, looking down to the ground "I'll leave ya' two alone, let me leave alive...you can deal with the other two seperatly...I'll just leave".

The lead Hyena looked up at Kyle with remorse and slight fright, knowing he was at either the end of his life or just at another bump in the road, meanwhile Jasper had a slight smile, trying to mask his pain, knowing he had either saved a life, or helped a fighting thief "Kyle...it's up to you..." Jasper said, straining his voice "but make it quick, I think we need to get some medical help". Jasper looked around, waiting for Kyle's decision on the hyena's but Marley walked out of the shadows, breaking any silence there could've been "Boys...I think we may nee' to leave 'ere quick, if I know right, then those hyena's will be sought after...and if we're seen 'ere, we'll be killed under 'The Thieves Code'" Marley made his way to the entrance of the alley, looking out for anyone walking close to it and keeping those that do away.

"He's right Kyle...we should hurry, just a tad..." Jasper said, attempting to stand "though I could use a hand...or maybe an arm" Jasper attempted a slight chuckle, which evolved into a cough. "But we cannot forget any pieces of my arm...it can easily be used to find us..." Jasper said picking up nearby, small gears and springs.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Reloading his gun, he put it back into his holster. Kneeling down, he grabbed the piece of metal, and violently yanked it out of the hyena's ankle. "Hope it's still useable." he called back to Mardar. Looking back down at the hyena, he growled. "I suggest you get out of here, before I begin to lose my last good nerve. Muggers. Not even real thieves. Just untalented wastes of life." he insulted.

He walked away, carrying the bloody piece of Mardar's arm. "Let's go. We can fix your arm when we're safe."

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:28 am

The lead hyena yelped as the metal was torn from his ankle "You've put yer' han' in the hyena cage, matte' time befor' it gets bit'" the hyena whispered as he slowly made his way to his feet and limped out of the alley.
Jasper stood, his pockets full of metal and on sleeve hanging loosely by his side, the knife still in his shoulder "Yeah, that should still be useable" Jasper said, carefully taking the piece of metal. "We can get ourselves patched up in Conway's Den...then I can fix my arm..." Jasper said, slowly starting to walk out of the alley "Marley, you come with us..." Jasper slightly looked back at Marley, still walking toward the Alley's exit.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 am

Kyle kept his good arm at his side ready to pull his revolver out and shoot down any other threat on sight.

Anderson viewed the events from his vantage point. Using a looking glass had so many advantages.
"Not bad, Mr. Kyle. A bit reckless, but effective none the less." he praised. Watching Kyle leave, he knew he would have to play his cards right. Kyle may have not tapped into his mental potential, but his weaponry skills were still sharp.

Grey_fox20
Rogue

Post by Grey_fox20 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:49 am

Jasper opened the door of Conway's Den, to a peaceful room, no other thieves, just a Husky standing behind a desk, cobbled from different pieces of wood "Is there anything I can help you with, sirs?" the Husky asked, looking over the injured two "Well yes, we'd like a room, one with a view of the town centre...oh and we'd also like a DAMN DOCTOR!" Jasper shouted, not being the least leanient to the Husky...while the Husky quickly hurried to another room, Jasper sat on a nearby chair, sitting forward as not to move the knife deeper into his shoulder.
"Okay now, what's the problem...?" said a German shepard, clothed in a doctor's clothing, though easily mistakable for a butcher's. The doctor's question was answered as he saw the two "Okay...well, follow me the doctor said, walking up a flight of stairs.