Welcome to the World of Feila!

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Mercenary (Open, Loose plot)

This is where all of the Age of Steam role-plays are archived.
The Crow
Baron
Species: Crow

Re: The Mercenary (Open, Loose plot)

Post by The Crow » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 am

"We walk by foot. Teleporting in the direction would simply relocate it. If i must, I can give us up to twelve extra hours, no more. Teleporting would simply cause me to be more locatable too. You see..." he paused before continuing, "Well, I would say i'm being pursued, but that would be underexaggerating. I'm quite simply being hunted, and i'm pretty sure I saw him a few moments ago. We need to move fast." he said, picking up speed.

"Not in the slightest." replied the figure. He quickly knocked the gun out of the wolf's hand and fired once. Without any form of sympathy or care, he turned to the building the wolf came from. He held out a gloved hand and pointed to the building next to it, and uttered a single word. "Boom." And thats exactly what happened. The wolf's building was protected from the blast, but about several other buildings were destroyed in the blast. The figure turned at the wolf's house, and shouted, "One word, one chance! Come out and answer my questions, or else."
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Sponsor

cossant
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Post by cossant » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Kyle and Doc picked up the pace, matching Jack's pace. Kyle gave an amused exhale. "Looks like we have more than our original hunter, now." Doc gave him a side-glance. "And what, may I ask, is so funny about that?" he questioned. Kyle shrugged. "Hopeful thinking. Maybe the two guys will meet, fight over who gets to kill us, and end up killing each other."

Doc rolled his eyes. "Well, that's one theory."

A dull thud caught there attention, as they turned around, and looked at the distant town. A small pillar of smoke was rising from one of the buildings. Kyle pushed his hat up, idly. "Either we're missing one hell of a raid, or someone's still looking for you." he said.

No response came from the building. Not even a stir. Alpha lazily pushed himself up. Their was a small spread of red where he was "shot", but at closer inspection, it wasn't blood, but a red paste. "You missed." he chuckled. His paw, coated with the red paste, finished the symbol he had written across his arm as he talked. With a flash, Alpha was gone. The building was abandoned, Alpha's crew using the same technique to escape.

But near the entrance, dropped by the hyena before he escaped, was a wanted poster. Kyle and Doc were on the poster with a bounty of five hundred dollars. On the back was notes Charles had written the previous night. "Definitely our Kyle. Doc is son of a war medic. No name. seems to be traveling with a crow with impressive arcane abilities. Going tonight to scope out and find out more. Anderson may be in pursuit."

Kael
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 pm

[i don't have much to add, other than following.]
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:38 am

A mountainous range came up ahead. Jack began climbing up a cliff face with his bare hands, obviously using magic to get up.

The figure held out his hand to the paper, and it came flying to him. He grapped the paper, scrunched it with one hand, then dropped it. "Boom." he said, and the building exploded. He walked out of town, toward the leaving group. "Your not getting away, Jack."

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Kyle looked up the cliff, pushing his hat up from his eyes. "Nothing's ever easy, i guess." He muttered, as he began climbing up, using the rocks and crevices as climbing points. Doc was close behind, seeming to be at ease with the climbing. Looking down, Kyle commented, "Thought you were a doctor, not a survivalist. You've done this thing before?" Doc, Finding a good foothold, made a small jump, and grabbed a piece of rock jutting out. "Did this kind of thing back in boot camp. Plus I was stationed at a Kahun mountain range for awhile. Had to know my way around a cliff to get the injured out." he explained. "What about you? This isn't the kind of thing the 19 year old son of a farmer does." Kyle shrugged. "I've been running most of my life. You do what you have to in order to survive."

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Kael had just flown to the top, his head back in the tower. When the others reached the top, he was gazing off, holding a mental debate with a colleague of his.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:23 am

"Well hurry up then, we're going to be late!" called Jack from his large head-start.

The cloacked figure walked in the direction of the group. Despite the fact it did small steps, it was catching up fast; It was less than two kilometers behind now.

~ Me.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:15 pm

As Doc managed to climb up, he brushed off the dust of his clothes, before turning, and extending his paw to help Kyle up. But as Kyle reached up, the rock he was leaning on suddenly gave way, and Kyle slipped about six feet down, before grabbing another piece pf rock. His legs swung down slightly, as he looked down at the ground below him. A fall would definitely not be good at this point. But something caught his eye. About two miles off in the distance, a small figure was walking towards their direction. Kyle stared at it for a second, before dismissing it as a passerby or local.

"Kyle! You alright?" Doc called from above him. looking up, he nodded at the fox. "Yeah. I'll be alright."

Climbing back up from the cliff, Kyle and Doc caught up with the other two.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:51 am

(I'll take Kael's silence as a 'Continue without me')

Jack continued walking speedily. He was hovering just above the ground, being propelled by an unseen force. There was a sudden bang, and a bullet whizzed over Kael's head. Two more whizzed past Doc and Kyle. The figure was pointing a revolver at the group, and was racing towards the cliffside with speed equal to only Jack.
Jack heard the shots, and began running. He was a long blur due to his speed now.

~ Me.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 am

[if you gave me more to work with..... I would post!]

Kael had been moving a bit slower. When the bullet sounded and raced past, his reflexes kicked in. He turned, quick-casting a lihtning bolt, then following up with earth spikes. The lightning blot came from Kael towards the figure. The earth spikes came from below it.

In his tower, small alarms were ringing. His familiars were waking groggily. Suddenly Caldor cursed. "Dammit, Kael left without us!"

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Sun May 06, 2012 5:40 pm

The bullets caused Doc and Kyle to dive to the ground, before Kyle drew his own revolver, muttered a few words, activating a templar rune on his gun, and standing up and returning fire. Doc picked up his repeater, and began leveling deadly and accurate shots at the gunman.

"Can I go one day without someone trying to shoot me?" Doc shouted as he aimed a specific shot at the man's head. Kyle yelled back. "Yeah, when we're dead and buried." His next shot, charged with electricity, sped just after Doc's shot, ready to explode on impact.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Sun May 06, 2012 7:48 pm

The bullets were deflected somehow by magical means. The figure sped towards them at well over 100 Km/h. He simply ran up the side of the cliff and jumped into view. The cloak flew off the figure, revealing a true monster beneath.
The attacker was an abhorrid mix of multiple different species mashed together, looking like Frankenstein's monster. His head alone had the beak of some avian race on the end of a grey wolf's nose, attached to the head of two diffferent types of snake. His body was that of a bear, with an arm of a crocodile, the other arm being that of a shark. His right leg was of a dingo, with the left leg of a pig.

The figure stood there snarling, drool practically pouring out of his mouth. "Uhgthly, arthenth I?" said the figure in a grotesque voice, spraying saliva all over the place. Jack was nowhere to be seen; he'd fled when the figure appeared.

~ Me.

Kael
God

Post by Kael » Mon May 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Kael simply didn't react. He rune-cast a blast of wind, followed by a quick-cast of Centralized Earthquake, shaking the ground beneath the 'monster.' Pitiful thing really. Back in his youth, TRUE monsters never revealed themselves like that.

cossant
Marquis

Post by cossant » Thu May 24, 2012 6:19 pm

"What the hell is that thing?!" Doc shouted. Kyle readied his weapons. "Who cares, just shoot the weak points." Kyle responded. Doc looked over to him. "What weak points?" Kyle answered by shooting just below the beast's legs. The bullet was blocked again, but the magic became more visible, its waves and movement sight-able. "Those weak points!" he shouted.

Doc and Kyle kept shooting, their bullets being deflected, but making some progress. It was obvious, though, that Kael would have to be the one to take the brunt of the force. Bullets were just taking too long for such a short distance.

The Crow
Baron

Post by The Crow » Fri May 25, 2012 1:15 am

She grinned. "Silence." she said, swiping her hand from left to right. The guns instantly fell silent, including hers. She then swiped her hand from top to bottom, slicing the wind in half. She had been floating above the ground the whole time, making the earthquake have little to no effect. She grinned. "Finished? Good. Now..." she held an open hand to Doc, and he was drawn to her to the point she was lifting him by the collar. "... Where is Jack Dirt Ike." she spat.

~ Me.