The Magicians Regather (KatKry, Kitsunegami; anyone else:PM)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
KatKry
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Black Leopard

Post by KatKry »

(For all of you that don't know or don't remember, tannie means auntie in Afrikaans and Luckless often calls Nameless that and also, this has to be the longest post I've ever done XD)

Nameless got a shock from her wings suddenly being fixed and yelped. She then recieved the ring but before she could say anything, Luckless leaned over and yelled, "Wow! That's sooooooooo pretty! Let me see, Tannie! Let me see!"

Nameless put a hand on her neice's chest to hold her at bay because there was a reason she was called 'Luckless' and that's ebcause she had to be the most unluckiet person alice and would probably break the precious ring just by sneezing on it but holding her neice at bay was hard because at seven feet tall, Luckless towered over everyone and was easily able to push her tannie's hand away. She grabbed the ring and stared at it. "Wow, Tannie! It sure is pretty! Your boyfriend has good taste."

Nameless snatched the ring from her hand then placed it safely in her pocket. She still felt a little hostil towards her niece so snarled and glared at her when she got the ring back.

Nameless then turned to Brisby and said blushing, "Well, I'll have to thank him when I get back." She chuckled mischeviously.

Luckless ran inside. She saw the targets then asked Rosa, "Wow! You're good, Ma'am. All I can do is heal things and do wind magic like my tannie can."
http://www.twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?t=3584
All of me characters!

Sponsor

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer »

Kolin winced as he heard the wing bone being set in place. Until cybernetics had replaced the majority of his skeleton, he'd broken bones like no one's business. Having them set was either painful, or in extreme cases, a cause for invasive surgery. "If we could find a way to bottle that healing energy..." Kolin wondered aloud, then smiled. "Perhaps someday we'll be able to." Growing up in a pharmaceutical environment had had it's effect on him.

His eyes widened at the ring, and even more so when he got a taste of just how large and powerful Luckless could be. Kolin had to flap his wings a few times to keep from falling on his face when the mystic lion nearly bowled him over to get at her aunt. "Whoa, whoa, calm down, calm down. Please be a little less impulsive next time; you might break something." He caught the glare Nameless gave her niece, and frowned slightly. He knew it was too much to expect all their past animosity to instantly disappear, but it would make things more difficult later. Another thing bothered him, too. *Why didn't Arlion propose in person? Who is Brisby that he would be trusted enough to convey such a message?*

Putting aside these thoughts, and the train of following associations, he straightened himself out. "Well, if this is everyone who is going to arrive, we may begin now. The purpose of this meeting is twofold. The first is to familiarize each other with the extent of your abilities, and the second is to brainstorm ideas on how to put them to practical use. On that note, don't be afraid to suggest the outlandish when the time comes; this is magic we're talking about."

Raymon, meanwhile, was still coming to grips with the fact that so much rationality was being expended upon what one could say did not apply to logic, mathematics, or physics. *Although, that might be a misconception.* The mouse thought.

Kolin went on. "One final point: you will be showing the extent of your abilities as you know them. You may actually be able to do much more than you think, which you will later find out if you stick with us. Who will be first?"
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami »

"Well, I've pretty much done what I can by setting up these targets, and healing her wing." Rosa said as she motioned toward Nameless.

"I'll require a few moments of rest to get my strength back up so I can work on more. Since our last meeting, I've been trying to increase my stamina and keeping my energy up." she said as she sat down and pulled out an apple.

KatKry
Marquis
Marquis

Post by KatKry »

Monifa was a little confused when she saw the reptile pull out an apple. She looked to Nameless who just shrugged.

The white lioness walked over to Rosa and said, "Baie dankie. My healing magic is terrible so I would have never been able to fix my wing like that. All I can do is heal little cuts and scraps."

(Baie dankie=Thank you very much)
All of me characters!

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami »

"Well, I kinda specialize in healing magics. I can do more than just that, but it's not something I do often. I'm only good at shaping earth because I make my own obstacle courses to keep in shape and keep my reflexes up." Rosa said as she bet the apple in a matter of seconds.

"It's so strange, but I find apples to have a bit of an invigorating quality. It's odd for a carnivore to like something that isn't dripping with blood, if not still kicking, but to each their own, ya know?" she said with a grin.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Kolin looked over the targets, then turned back to Rosa. "Don't get too specific. In general, your earth-shaping abilities extend to making lumps of rock rise from the ground. This can be accomplished in a short amount of time. The things I want to know include: Can you fill holes as well as make small hills? Does the material of the lump depend upon the ground where it is made? What happens to anything at the site of the uprising? Is there a distance limit? A size limit? Are they permanent? There are also the potential applications. One could potentially halt any vehicle in its tracks by spiking its axles or treads; conversely, one could make their progress easier by filling potholes. In both cases, there is an advantage over the heavy equipment usually doing the job in terms of portability, operating costs, and detectability. And that's just for starters."
He paused for breath, aware that he was starting to lecture. "That is, of course, an incomplete list. But I think you get the idea of what I'm trying for here."

Now Kolin turned towards the Mystic Lionesses. "The same concepts apply to all kinds of magic. It doesn't matter how much power you can put behind a spell, but in how you use it. Now, you mentioned wind magic. What exactly can you do with the wind now? Please demonstrate."

KatKry
Marquis
Marquis

Post by KatKry »

Nameless agreed completely with what Rosa was saying about meat. Nameless would never be able to eat veggies. She then turned to Kolin and said, "Wow...you talk a lot. Anyway, I'm not really an expert on wind magic. I can do the basics though like manipulate air causing things to move like throwing a chair against a wall. There's not really all that much to it though and, Rosa...how can ya eat that anyway?! It's so icky!" Nameless saying 'icky' was a once in a lifetime thing but then again, she really hated fruits and veggies.
All of me characters!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Kolin gave a shrug and a sheepish face at Nameless. "Guilty as charged. I tend to be loquacious about things I'm passionate about." He listened to her assessment of her wind magic. "Yes, but think about what that means. Your mind is capable of tapping into enough energy to move air molecules in such a way to move a solid mass at a considerable speed, airborne too, I might also point out. Now, do you constantly manipulate the chair, or is it moved by a sort of 'explosion in the air? Can you stop objects in mid-air? Also, lightning and electricity are covered under wind magic. Can you do any of those?"

Raymon came back carrying a box of LED's. Kolin smiled. "Ah, my demonstration! Here's what I mean. Most people don't think about magic and technology interfacing, but I discovered that they can."
Raymon, at Kolin's signal, spread the LED's on a table. Kolin then concentrated hard. Little sparks began to appear at the wire ends of the LED's, and one by one they began to light up. When they were all lit, Kolin opened his eyes. "Not very precise, but a good promise of what's to come." He smiled at Luckless. "I'll be happy to teach you how to do this, if you like."

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami »

After several minutes at rest, Rosa stood up and looked over at Kolin. "I haven't tried to do anything like that, though I suppose I can try." Rosa walked over to a side area, and held her hands out in front of herself, palms to the ground, making a 'ring' with her thumbs and index fingers. She closed her eyes and cleared her mind, allowing her subconscious to form the magic circle she needed. Once the circle was completed, she began slowly pushing her hands down, and spreading them apart.

As Rosa did this, a hole began to form, and extended out from in front of her over 30 feet across, and 10 feet deep. Then she brought her hands back together, and overlapped them, and the floor returned to normal.

(she didn't refill the hole, just to let you all know.)

KatKry
Marquis
Marquis

Post by KatKry »

Nameless looked at everyone's displays of their abilities and she then began to feel quite foolish. She was a 'noob' as they say when it comes to magic and still didn't quite understand how it worked.

She then decided it best to answer Kolin's questions. "I can't do stuff like lightning magic but I know someone that does. He ain't very good at it though. The dude once electricuted himself. It was actually pretty funny. Anyway, I can't stop stuff in mid air but I can blow it back with a strong gust of wind. Also, I'm not really sure how my magic works exactly. It's just something that come naturally to my species. We may be a curious bunch but we haven't really questioned much on how it works..."

Luckless, meanwhile, was far too interested in what Rosa was doing to really pay attention to much else. She had never seen anyone move earth before and found it very interesting. She then heard Kolin offer to teach her some magic and her eyes instantly lit up. "Mrow! That would be awesome, Kolin!"
All of me characters!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Kolin watched Rosa make the hole with interest and approval, hovering unconsciously for a better look. "Very good. I trust you can see the possible uses of this, and perhaps of other tricks you may find you never knew before. I dislike the authoritarian nature of 'homework,' but I would really like to see what you could come up with on your own."

Kolin remained airborne as he turned to Nameless. "Hmm, I'd like to meet this lightning wielder, though if he's who I think he is, we've met already. For his own safety he'd better have some instruction. As for your kind, you specialize in the winds. Fair enough. From what I gather that mostly involves directional forces, that is, almost equivalent to the way a 'natural wind' works, except more concentrated and able to be harnessed. What I'd like to see," Kolin gestured to the still-standing targets, "Is how much power you can concentrate, and for how long. If no one's investigated it, well, that just means we're the first."

Kolin smiled warmly at hearing his offer accepted by Luckless. "All right, consider it a date!" The mild shock at hearing that particular free association come out of his mouth was enough to ground Kolin. Although, he was rather warm to the idea. She was the first person he'd met who could inspire him to express any strong emotion other than a directed anger that melt a hole in Titanium. *Definitely worth looking into.*

KatKry
Marquis
Marquis

Post by KatKry »

Nameless grinned at her neice who just smiled at Kolin, completely ignoring her aunt. Nameless roleld her eyes and pulled out her cell. She pressed a few buttons then looked at Kolin and said, "I sent the lightning dude a message. Now, to show you a little trick with wind my brother taught me."

She held the cell flat on its back on her palm. She looked at it for a few seconds then it lifted a few inches above her palm and began spinning wildly in circles. "I can keep a little trick like this up for hours. I once did this with a car too but it spun three times, I lost control and it fell. Man, my neighbour was really pissed at me for recking his car."
All of me characters!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Kolin had been pulled from his reverie by Nameless. "Ah, good. I await his arrival with anticipation."
With effort, he managed to restore outward emotional neutrality. For 25 years, it had been his default state of being. Having all of these internal disturbances was unfamiliar, but not unpleasant. *Maybe because it's normal. Got to keep concentrated on the job at hand for now, though.*

Nameless' demonstration with the cell phone definitely piqued Kolin's interest. "Now, that is interesting. Incidentally," Kolin turned aside to address all the attendees, "I'd like to to try and restrict property damage should you practice at home." He turned back to Nameless. "Can you make it spin on the x-, y-, and z-axes?"
Idly, Kolin picked up one of the LED's from the desk and started to spin it in the same manner. It wasn't that difficult, but the LED wasn't that big. He'd have to practice more. *If I used it with a blade, it would make a good rotator saw, much more portable. I wonder what else I could do with it, besides wreck a stationary vehicle.*

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami »

Rosa stood up, having recovered her strength, and looked at the targets. She suddenly stomped into a fighting stance and drew several tiles from the floor to shoulder level, then drew her hands back to 'punch' at the targets.

As she did this, the tiles seemed to fold in onto themselves forming something like arrowheads before she then punched forward. Upon finishing the motion of the punch, she spun and flicked her tail as well. The 'punch' sent the 'arrows' flying at the targets, and the flick of her tail seemed to snag-and-toss several more tiles from the floor striking more targets in an arcing pattern. The arrows struck the targets at high speeds, piercing the solid stone, and the tiles did severe damage.

KatKry
Marquis
Marquis

Post by KatKry »

Luckless stared in amazement at what Rosa was doing. "I wish I could bend earth like that..." Nameless looked at her neice and rolled her eyes saying, "Why would ya wanna do that when we can do stuff like this?" She then began making the cell spin in all kinds of directions. One of the spins she did was when she made it spin in a vertical manner. "Now, this is really hard to do. It's easier to do it on it's side, back or head but this is the really tricky way of doing it." Luckless looked at the ceel, laughed and said, "Yeah! That's what you were trying to do to Mister Johnson's car when ya smashed it!"

Nameless looked away from ehr neice slightly embarrassed about that little comment but as soon as she broek eye contact with the cell, it went flying straight into the wall and shattered. "Ah! My cell! Damn you, Luckless! Ya made me lose my concentration! Grah!" She felt like throtteling her neice but knew that would only upset Kolin so she simply clenched her fists and breathed in deeply tot ry and calm herself.
All of me characters!