Welcome to the World of Feila!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New to the forum? Get started by reading general information about Feila and the rules of the forum.

Need help? Send a private message to RabidFox. The staff is always willing to assist users with questions and problems. There's also a thread for how to role-play.

Don't be shy. Feel free to start posting when you're ready. We have a friendly community that is more than happy to welcome you and invite you to role-play. And don't worry about all the informational threads! You only need minimal knowledge to role-play. There's no need to do lots of reading.

Role-players wanting to write role-playing posts under five sentences, see the One Liners board.

Check out our announcement forum, The World Court, for important information about what's going on in our community.

Want to chat with other Feilans? Check out our Discord server!

The Lost Technocrat (Domus, Open)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
United States of America

Re: The Lost Technocrat (Domus, Open)

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Sasha stepped into the dim light of the small warehouse she had appropriated for her stay in Domus. The female kangaroo would never have come all this way in person if it were not for the sum involved in the transaction, but she had her reputation to maintain, and didn't trust any of her usual proxies to handle the details of this one. She cycled through the feeds of her various surveillance drones, each of the video feeds flashing over her vision as her cybernetic eyes projected them in her field of view. She watched carefully for anyone who was showing too much interest in her activities. The large cargo truck had just shown up, and now a decent number of large crates were being unloaded and taken into the warehouse.

A notice flashed in her field of view that she was receiving an incoming call. She mentally opened the channel and listened as one of her smuggling contacts poke, the voice coming through an implant.

"yes, everything seems to have made it as we arranged" she spoke to the air, sub-dermal mic picking up her speech. She paused, listening again to the contact.
"payment will be in the usual location, I will contact you when it's time for the return trip." She cut the connection, and once again checked the surveillance feeds. I don't like this, I will be glad when this deal is done. She thought to herself as she tapped her foot lightly against the floor, and waited impatiently for the rest of the crates to be unloaded.

After a time, the truck was unloaded and drove off and Sasha got to work. It wasn't long before the small warehouse had been transformed into a rather secure facility and all without affecting the outward appearance. Automated weapons systems inside, and surveillance drones in several locations outside gave her the ability to see anyone before they ever made it to the door, and blow them away as soon as the came inside...if it came down to that. She smiled as she surveyed her handiwork, and checked the time. "still plenty of time to get something to eat, and relax a bit before the deal goes down" she said to herself as she headed into another room in the warehouse, and changed out of her coveralls and into a pair of pants and a tank top.

"Alright Sekhmet, make sure nobody breaks in and takes anything" She said as she patted the large weaponized robot on a shoulder joint, and headed out the door. She locked up the warehouse behind her, and headed off to find somewhere to grab a bite to eat.

Sponsor

Rainwhisker
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 am

((I'm incredibly sorry it took me this long to reply. The exam period did worse to my muse than I thought.))

Luke stood outside the apartment, waiting. Not terribly long later, Kolin arrived. The hybrid smiled. "Well, you're here earlier than I expected, not that I'm one to talk. Good hunting?"
The feline stood, looking visibly more vibrant than he did in the morning. The lodestone of information was sure to prove helpful - and he told Kolin everything he was told. The issue of Matthieu Leblanc being literally absent on records - or maybe just well hidden - then the rumours of the failing health of Deuvrey. Then he added information about Vassikin and Tassos, and their regular hangout at Rue de Champlain.

"I don't know -- pairing everything we got here, something's definitely up." he added at the end.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Post by Rackenhammer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:58 am

(I know what you mean. And asyriel, I'm sorry if I can't get you involved directly right away, I'll try to move on as fast as I can.)

Kolin could tell that Luke was bursting with information. And it was good information, background and leads. "You have good informants, friend. It seems that this is rather larger than an overcomplicated book theft. Hmm..." It was rather obvious what the next move would be, but the hybrid was hesitant. First of all, he was not certain he relished the prospect of meeting with two goons who assaulted, and came close to killing him. Second...
"Do you think we ought to wait for Rosa before getting lunch on the Rue?" He asked his companion. "She may have helpful information, and I'm not sure if we two alone are match for what we might face."
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Rackenhammer's RP Experience "blog"

e-mail: [email protected]

All my characters in their insane length

Asyriel
God
United States of America

Post by Asyriel » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:41 pm

(not a problem, I'll try not to inadvertently affect the storyline too much in the mean time)

Sasha left the warehouse, and walked through the city as if she were walking through her shop in Gawain. Her strides were confident, and she seemed as if she had every right to be wherever she wanted to be. It was an air and posture that had taken her some time to perfect, but usually kept her from being bothered when she didn't want to be.

Instead of getting a ride, Sasha decided to walk, and have a look around while she decided on a place to eat. After a time, she came across a place called Rue de Champlain, and it sparked a memory. She recalled one of her contacts mentioning it on an occasion or two. She debated briefly for a moment before her stomach made the decision for her, and she headed inside to get something to eat. Inside she made sure she had a seat with a view of the door, and relaxed a bit as she thought about her order...

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:58 am

Luke nodded. "It'd be best." he said, but he took this time to take what information he could get. "So it looks like you've known Rosa for awhile - at least, from what I gather she saved you, yes?" he leaned against the wall, curiously asking the hybrid. His tail swooshed gently, scraping against the wall. Following his question, his thoughts traced back to the meeting with Marc, and it only served to remind him of his earlier years. Far too much had been taken for granted, then. And yet, here he is, trying to make do in his daily life, doing something not entirely different with a drunkard father who lived in the past.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Kitsunegami
Marquis
Species: Kitsune

Post by Kitsunegami » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Rosa arrived about 20 minutes after Kolin and Luke met back up. "Sorry, I haven't had a chance to do much in regards to our situation. I've spent the whole time making cross-town deliveries. Luke, I think that I should let you know something about myself. Kolin is aware of this already." she said, somewhat hesitantly. She unlocked her door and led the pair in.

After drawing the curtains, and making sure that she couldn't be observed visually she turned to Luke. "I have to ask, Luke. Do you believe in the old legends of mages, witches, and magic?"

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:53 pm

"Hm, depends on how you define a 'while'." Kolin sat, or perhaps perched would be a better word, on the balcony as he waited for Rosa. His avian heritage tended to show itself especially in positions like that, with a wind ruffling his feathers.
"Dunno how much you follow foreign news, but about one year ago you might have heard of what they called 'The Seige of Bayreuth'? Well, long story short, one of the major crime bosses had a psychotic breakdown and tried to tear the city apart. Nearly did, too, about 3/4 of the metropolitan area was in chaos at the worst of it. Well, law enforcement had to bring in any who'd help restore order, and that's where we met." That was incredibly short, and left out 90% of the really interesting facts, but Kolin was still not sure how much he could tell Luke without letting out any secrets.

Any potential awkwardness was precluded by Rosa's arrival. Kolin deferred her apology, "We all have day jobs; I'm not sure how long I can play detective until Raymon calls me home." After being led in, his face lightened a little bit. It seemed Luke was about to be let in on at least one of the interesting facts...

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:41 am

Luke listened to Kolin's story, with intent. "I've heard of it, kind of - just in passing over the Web," he explained. The year before was a rough one, after all - the feline barely spent much time for himself then, with his own problems piled against him. "Seems you do a lot, doesn't it?" he surmised. "Despite being a courier...you participate in big sieges, and today you play detective," he chuckled.

Rosa arrived next, then they were led inside.

His eyes lit up when Rosa mentioned old legends of magic. "Of course - I learned Kahunian out of interest in it's ancient history." As Rosa shut the curtains, he knew that he was in for a surprise. His ears and tail flicked in anticipation - though he couldn't help but feel a bit vulnerable, hidden in the curtains. "Why do you ask?" he said, feeling nervous.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Kitsunegami
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Rosa smiled softly, "Because the churches would probably call me a witch." she said, pulling out her stone-looking sphere, the same kind Luke had seen Kolin with in the cryogenics lab. The sphere lifted from her claws, glided around the room, then 'landed' in Luke's paws. "If you think that was a trick of technology, explain this." she said as she focused on the base-ball sized stone, amplifying its weight to that of a large bowling ball, then back again.

"I am a practitioner of earth and light magic. The healing arts, to be more specific, though I can use them for less noble purposes when need be." she said as she created dozens of firefly-like dots of light in the room after making multiple motions and shapes with her hands...

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 am

Rosa smiled at his question. "Because churches would probably call me a witch," she said, taking out one of those stone spheres that he saw Kolin with yesterday. It slowly began to float, a light resonating sound gently reaching into Luke's ears, which turned towards them. It began to glide around the room slowly, the cat's eyes wide as they followed the sphere making rounds over the furniture and coming towards him. The cat instinctively raised his arms and took hold of it. He remained speechless, mouth agape. He was doubtful of what he just saw - it surely was some remote control - but this, this just felt so surreal, he just wanted to believe that this was something different.

As if she had guessed his doubts, Rosa continued to affirm him. "If you think that was a trick of technology, explain this," as she said so, the light sphere became incredibly heavy within miliseconds, bringing the cat down who struggled to prevent himself from dropping down to the ground, and just as quickly it became light, making the blue fur nearly toss it upwards. "I am a practitioner of earth and light magic." she explained. "The healing arts, to be more specific, though I can use them for less noble purposes when need be."

She summoned dots all over the room, which soon became shapes that moved fluidly and glowed around the room like something out of a well planned rave party - all conjured up from her hands. Luke was spellbound by how the colours flew out, how they shifted shapes and moved around.

Luke was without words. There was nothing that he could do to describe it. This was out of the world. For a moment he forgot everything - Maman, Papa, the days he spent before she died with gangs and turf wars, the years he spent living with Papa which all but spiraled out of his control - everything. He reached out to one of the dots, and felt all its warmth. He almost cried then - he barely held himself, only managing to say one word. "Belle," he summed it up. Beautiful.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Kolin watched the double show, both Rosa's magic and Luke's reaction to it, with obvious amusement. "Yes, it is quite beautiful, and most certainly real. I'm not sure I buy the more mystical explanations of it, though." He reached out towards one of the lights, not quite touching it. Concentrating hard, he snagged it from Rosa's control into his own, and made it dance around his fingers. "Not that I've got any better explanation of how I can do this. I think it has something to do with genetics; Avians and Lizards tend to be better at... magic." As a modern technocrat, and something of an engineer by training, the word was hard to get out, like a cracker stuck in his throat.

"It's a secret, I don't think I need to tell you." The hybrid spoke to Luke. "We may have to put this to use pretty soon, and we'd like it not to shock you, but don't tell anyone what you've seen here, unless they're somewhat mystical themselves. Our kind's got to stick together, you know."

He straightened as he spoke to Rosa next. "Unless you've got anything more to show him, we'd best be off. Now that I've sorted my accounts, I can treat you to lunch on the Rue de Champlain. Luke's picked up a few leads to follow up..."

Kitsunegami
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Rosa let all of the lights dissipate, and drew the sphere back to herself. "The gifts of magic are particularly rare these days, and I've been privileged enough to have 5 other friends capable of such talents, as well as a few newer friends, since Bayreuth. It wouldn't hurt to give you a test." she said, pulling out a few stones and placing them in Luke's paws. "These indicate whether a fur can, or cannot use magic, as well as what elements they are in-tune with. If you have the talent, I can give you what amounts to a book I learned from."

Rainwhisker
King

Post by Rainwhisker » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 am

Luke watched the lights fade away, and his mind returned to reality, almost a disappointed look on his face. "I won't tell a soul," he said quickly, still dazed from what he just saw, something out of a fairy tale. So magic truly existed - hidden away from the eyes of the world. Rosa then offered the stones to Luke, placing them in his paws. "How...how do I use these?" he said, examining them, rolling them about in his paws.

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am

(I'll let you finish this little exchange before I bring us to the Rue.)

Kitsunegami
Marquis

Post by Kitsunegami » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:48 pm

"You just need to focus on them. Not everyone has the stillness of mind to get it right away. If you've ever meditated, that's essentially what you'll need to do." she said, pulling the stones from his paw, closing her eyes for a few seconds, and causing 2 stones to illuminate brightly. One in dull, mixed brown hues, and the other in a radiant brilliance. Those were the only two stones that illuminated, both from deep within. She placed them back in his paws and left him to figure them out.

"Whatever you do, don't take them with you. Those are the last known set, to my knowledge."