Bahamut Uprising (Open)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
CyanWolf
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by CyanWolf »

In the kingdom of Gawain, in Revera City (if I'm allowed to create city), it appears to be a normal day. It's the middle of morning, and people are doing their daily routines in the central hub of town. Shops are full of customers, children are playing on the streets; everyone is having a regular day. That is, until, the city is shaken by an earthquake. It wasn't a big earthquake - just a small tremor - and instead of panicking, people just raised their heads, a "what the?" expression on their faces, looking around to see if everything is all right. Now, if this had happened a week ago, people would have been more alarmed. The reason being, over the last two weeks, there have been multiple tremors. Small earthquakes, not strong enough to do a great deal of damage, but still worried some people. The government tried to calm the people by saying they were caused by the military testing their weapons. Some believed it, thankful for an explanation, but others could guess that it was something else, and that thought had many people on edge.

Not long after the tremor, after the population had calmed down, a small, green-haired fox girl is seen running through the streets, seemingly being chased by a group of hooded characters. "Somebody!" she cried out, "Please help me!" The girl darted through citizens like electricity, leaving many people staring after her, confused. The hooded ones appeared to drift through the crowd like clouds, continuing their pursuit of the girl.

Sponsor
 

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by cossant »

"You really think those tremors are caused by weapon tests?" Marcus asked his brother, Jeremy. Jeremy shrugged. "Its strange, but not unlikely." he dismissed.

Jeremy shook some dust from his whitish grey fur, and brushed off his hooded sweatshirt and jeans. "I just wish these tremors would stop happening when we're in some rundown alley. I had to wash these things about six different times in three days." he complained. Marcus, looking similar to his brother, even in attire, laughed. "Well, now you're ready to handle combat AND a laundry crisis." he joked.

Jeremy was about to voice his retort, when the cries for help reached their ears. "That doesn't sound good." Marcus observed, as he pulled out his hover-board, Jeremy doing the same.

They sped off towards the cries for help. As they sped out of the alleyways and down the streets, Jeremy pointed to the person who had cried for help. A small green-haired fox was running through the streets. And Jeremy's eyes picked up several hooded figures pursuing her. "This might be a bit tricky." Jeremy muttered. He signaled for his brother to arm up. They drew their handguns, Jeremy heading to cut off the hooded assailants, and Marcus going to make sure the girl got away.

As Jeremy swerved a few yards in front of the assailants, he let two rounds off in the air. "Everybody down!" he shouted, as his brother bolted past him.

Marcus shouted after the girl. "Hey! Wait up!"

CyanWolf
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by CyanWolf »

The hooded figures clearly saw Jeremy, but didn't slow their pace; in fact, they began to run even faster, their long cloaks making them look like clouds of smoke drifting above the ground.When they got within a foot of Jeremy, they paused briefly, then launched high up into the air like springs, landing behind him and continuing their chase.

When the girl heard Marcus, she quickly turned her head to look at him. This proved to be a huge mistake, as she tripped and feel to the ground, the assailants now quickly closing space between her and them.

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by cossant »

Jeremy was slightly stunned that they jumped over him like was nothing but an obstacle. But he soon recovered, this time chasing after the assailants, his sights trained on them. He shot three more times, aiming to wound and prevent them from pursuing.


Marcus reached the girl, bringing his board up in a sudden stop, and landed on the ground. He knelt beside her, his own gun aiming towards the approaching hooded figures, hoping that he wouldn't have to shoot them. "You'll be okay, Miss." he assured her.

CyanWolf
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by CyanWolf »

The figures dispersed, forming a ring around Jeremy, Marcus and the girl in the blink of an eye. Two sharp object shot out from one of the assailants cloaks, flying straight into the barrels of Jeremy's ad Marcus's guns. The daggers were lodged deep into the weapons, and appeared to glow an eerie red colour. The girl quickly got to her feet,a fearful look on her face. Several glints of steel could be seen under the cloaks of the attackers as they closed in on the trio.
"Great," the girl suddenly spoke, "now we're done for."

"What is going on here?" a tall blue wolf said from beyond the circle. a few of the figures turned to look at him. "I don't know what you guys want, but it can't be important enough to hurt a little girl," he said, cracking his knuckles.

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by cossant »

Jeremy silently swore as he holstered his now useless gun, Marcus doing the same. "If it ain't one thing," Marcus stared, backing up slightly. "It's another." Jeremy finished. They watched as the group closed in.

A tall blue wolf called over to the crowd, catching a few of the assailants' attention. Perfect.

With a sudden movement, Marcus drew a combat knife, widening his stance, and shifting his weight from one foot to another, constantly. Jeremy pulled out two switchblades, keeping his stance low.

"How about we make this a competition, brother?" Marcus suggested. Jeremy expertly twirled one of his blades around his fingers at a fast pace. "One point for every incapacitation. Half a point for every kill." he enforced. With a laugh, Marcus addressed the assailants. "You guys must not be too smart, trying to harm a girl in public. So, How about you turn your tails around and slink back off to whatever pit you crawled out of. Unless you think you can handle three trained mercenaries."

He pointed over the the blue wolf. "You see that guy right there? Been trained to kill his entire life." He bluffed. He hoped that his bluff would work. Otherwise, this could get messy. "Last chance, fellas, before we turn this killer of a blue wolf on ya."

Jeremy remained silent, eying each of the assailants' movements. Still, he couldn't believe his brother was trying to bluff these guys with a bystander.

CyanWolf
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by CyanWolf »

However, the bystander proved to be more than capable on his own. Moving at amazing speed, he delivered a powerful punch to one of the enemies, roughly between the eyes (he guessed since he couldn't see his face), making a sickening crack and sending him to the floor. The wolf now stood in the ring with the other two mercenaries, fists raised in a fighting stance. "That may have been a bluff, what you said, but it was dead on."
The other assailants simple glanced at their fallen comrade, then back towards their targets. They pulled out all sorts of weapons from their cloaks: swords, knives, guns, whips; All of them ready to eliminate their adversaries.
"Name's Aleph." the wolf said to the brothers, "Before we start knocking some skulls, we'd better get the girl out of here." He looked to the mysterious girl, but to his surprise, instead of a frightened look she held an emotionless glare. "I'd worry about yourselves first," she said, as one of the assailants dashed towards them, sword raised.

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by cossant »

Marcus met the attack with a lunge, bringing his knife to the hilt of the sword, before kicking out the leg of the assailant, and falling backwards, bringing the assailants' head to the ground with a loud thud. He didn't get up, as Marcus rebounded up. Jeremy had tossed up his switchblades to drew two more throwing knives, returning the favor by throwing them into the barrels of the guns. "Keep it to a melee, boys. Our guns don't work." he taunted, as he caught his switchblades. Finally, a time where his carrying a lot of knives was more useful than a set of makeshift tools. Marcus sprinted off at the rest of the assailants, howling at the top of his lungs. When the adrenaline hit, Marcus went borderline crazy.

CyanWolf
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by CyanWolf »

A large crowd had gathered round, too fearful to interfere but too curious to leave. Then, shocking everyone, one of the figures pulled down their hod, revealing a blue, short-snouted, dragon head. "Drop your weapons men. It's about time." Without question, the rest of the assailants dropped their weapons. Swords, guns, knives, and unknown silver objects hit the ground.

"Are you giving up already?" Aleph questioned, not a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"I had hoped that we would not stand out too much if we had used 'regular' weapons to fight, but now I see it will take a little more to defeat you three," The blue dragon said. He tore off his cloak, revealing a tall muscular build, covered in a red vest and baggy khaki pants. "My name is Aoi, not that it will matter, seeing how you're all going to die." His arms seemed to catch fire, blue flames sprouting from them. The flames then focused into a fireball in his hands. With a devilish smirk on his face, he tossed the ball at Aleph, Marcus and Jeremy, destroying the road as it sped towards them.

Thinking fast, Aleph grabbed the girl by her collar and jumped to the side, taking the girl with her and barely dodging the blast, with only the tip of his tail being burnt.

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by cossant »

"Holy-" Marcus yelped in surprise, diving to the side at the last second. "-hell" he finished, face first on the ground.

Jeremy had taken out his hover board at the last minute, and swerved out of the path of the projectile. His tore off his sweatshirt, as it caught fire, revealing a vest with several knives and other equipment attached to it. "Close call." he muttered. A fire flinging dragon. Great. He rolled his shoulder a few times, the muscles preparing for a tough fight. Most likely one he would lose. He looked over to Aleph. "You might want to get the girl out of here." Jeremy suggested. Marcus got back up. "I guess thats what they call a fiery personality!" he laughed, readying his knife. "Let's dance, compadre!" he taunted.

CyanWolf
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by CyanWolf »

"I don't think that girl needs help," Aoi said, arms folded across his red vest.
As if in response, the girl dropped her frightened, weak look, replaced with a mysterious, emotionless glare. "If you're so reckless to reveal yourselves, I might as well do the same."
Aleph glanced at the girl, clearly confused. He then pulled out his sword. He could tell that something was about to happen, but he didn't know what it could be.
Without warning, Aoi dashed forward with amazing speed for one of his bulk. Aleph instinctively raised his sword to attack, but the girl stopped him by placing her finger on the blade, her other hand extended in front of her, Aoi looming over her. Something occurred to Aleph; it was the look in Aoi's eye. He looked almost as if he was afraid to attack the girl.
"Don't move," she said, "or else I'll completely erase your mind."
For a moment Aoi didn't move. Then he smiled a very disconcerting smile. "Nice try Aile," he said, "but your powers won't affect me again."

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by cossant »

While Aoi was distracted, Jeremy had set his board to hover without him, as he silently crept from his board and onto the street. If their was one thing Jeremy was good at, it was being as silent as a shadow.

Before Aoi could react, Jeremy had jumped onto his back, wrapping his arms around his neck. One of his switchblades was pressed right next to Aoi's throat. "Cool it, pal. I don't know what in Celeste's name is going on, but i think you should take your little posse and walk on out of here." He pressed the blade closer to his neck, not enough to draw blood, but enough to feel the pulse through the blade.
"Or I can kill you. Personally, after you ruining my favorite sweatshirt, I think it would be a fair trade." he added, almost casually.

Marcus, meanwhile, had drew his gun, trying to clear the blade lodged in it. "Come on, stubborn piece of metal." He growled.

CyanWolf
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by CyanWolf »

"Wow, you must be pretty forgetful," Aoi said. "Remember what my abilities are?" he said cockily, as Jeremy felt the air around him get hotter and hotter as flames began to burst from Aoi's body. The rest of the dragons stood and watched as their leader fought against the mercenaries. Aleph was about to g and assist Jeremy, when Aile grabbed his arm. "Wait!" She said. As soon as he touched his arm, Aleph's mind raced with hundreds of different images. For what seemed like hours, he was lost to the world, mindlessly watching the images flying through his head like a super fast slideshow. He saw a war, a giant crystal, a dance of flames, a dark sea, red eyes. When he finally regained his senses, He had a blank look on his face, trying to grasp all he just saw. Then he realized he had been gone for only a moment; Jeremy was still on Aoi's back, Marcus trying to fix his gun, and Aile looking oddly at him, and then at Marcus, whos arm she had also grabbed, and he appeared to have experience a similar epiphany.

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by cossant »

Marcus had just cleared the gun, when Aile grabbed his arm. His mind flooded with images he could barely comprehend. With a sudden movement, he knocked the girl's paw away away, breathing heavily. "What the hell?" he gaped. For a second he forgot his situation, as he stared at Aile in shock.

"Ow! Hell!" Jeremy jumped off Aoi's back before the flames appeared. Marcus's attention snapped back in focus. He aimed his gun straight at Aoi. "Make a move, and I drop you where you stand!" he shouted.

CyanWolf
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Wolf

Re: Bahamut Uprising (Open)

Post by CyanWolf »

Aoi stood his ground, glaring angrily at Marcus. He was about to charge at him when he noticed several armed officials in the distance. "Damn it," He cursed. "You get away this time." Then he turned to his men. "Time to go boys." He clasped his hands together, as if in prayer, then suddenly, he and is gang vanished in a bright flash of light, leaving a burn mark where they once stood.
Aleph was trying to wrap his mind around what took place. "Okay, that was....weird," he said, unable to think of a better word. Then he looked at Aile, who was trying to shy away into the shadows. "What we do know is that this girl isn't normal." He walked up to her and glared at her. "Who exactly are you? And what was with that freaky slideshow in my head a while ago?" She opened her mouth as if to answer, but just then several police officers arrived on the scene. they noticed the damaged road and the burn marks on the ground. Then their eyes finally rested on the four individuals.
"What the flippin' hell happen'd 'ere?" one of them, said.
Last edited by CyanWolf on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Locked