A Wild Goose Chase? (Gawain and beyond)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: A Wild Goose Chase? (Gawain and beyond)

Post by Asyriel »

Sasha gave a small smile "let's just hope Ronny's good enough to keep anyone else from listening in or tracking the two if you" she replied "could be a bad day if somebody catches advanced warning" she said before turning toward the semi-sub "let's get this show on the road" she said as she headed to the vessel, and made her way inside, Sakhmet following close behind. the semi sub was big enough that the crew wouldn't be cramped, but with all the gear and supplies loaded, it wasn't exactly spacious either. she pulled up a map in the common room of the vessel. "and here's our route" she said as a route through the sea was highlighted, as well as the rendezvous point with their over land transport as well as their final destination. "it should only take us a few hours over water to get to where we meet our land transport" she said, and as she spoke the transport began to move away from the shore, and pick up speed.

Sponsor

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

[should we time skip? I have nil to add here...]
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

[may as well]

it was a few hours before the vessel pulled into remote docking site on the Edwinish coast. The craft glided silently to a dock where the crew unloaded, and the supplies followed shortly afterward. the supplies and crew transferred to a cargo VTOL that was modified to fly close to the ground. a short time later they landed in a clear area in what was left of the Edwinish countryside. Before the group lay a forest, and within it was the facility the group was about to attempt to break into. as supplies were unloaded, Sasha began pulling drones out of shipping cases and checking them over to make sure everything was operational before launching them into the air with mental commands of areas they were to watch. "well, here we are, last chance to look everything over before we move in" she said with a smile as she pulled a pair of hand guns, and a rifle out of a crate as well as a satchel full of ammo, and other items. "from here it's a three kilometer walk to the outer perimeter of the site. everyone ready?" she asked as Sakhmet walked out of their ride and over to her side.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Solara and Jan checked all they had brought, and Solara checked Jan's bionic body's levels.

"All set to go." They said in unision.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Post by cossant »

((OOC: Sorry about taking so long to reply.)

Jeremy and Marcus did a quick check of their own weapons, as they landed. As they were greeted by the sight of the forest, Marcus sighed. "We're a long way from the mountains of Lourdes back in Domus." Jeremy's eyes scanned the forest, obviously a bit tense. Marcus, sensing this, turned to his brother, putting a paw on his shoulder. "Relax, man. We're not doing any military missions against the Party. It's just a simple salvage run."

Jeremy looked over to his brother, smiled, and nodded. "No one catches the Shadow." Marcus nodded back. "No one ever does."

Jeremy turned his attention to Sasha. "What's our next step?" he asked.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Sasha nodded to Jan and Solara then was silent a moment before replying to Jeremy and Marcus. "I've got surveillance drones scouting ahead. If you have any kind of visual displays, I can patch you into the feeds; if not, then I'll let you know how things are looking. we can start the hike to the facility now, I'll have Sakhmet ahead of us as a ground scout" Sasha paused, flipping through feeds, and adjusting commands to her aerial drones before she spoke again. "if everything is as the data says it should be, then we head in, deal with a few automated defenses grab the loot, and head out easy as pie, but I tend to prefer to be prepared for the worst case scenario, hence the heavy drones and aerial support. we're looking at standard electronic locks on the facility doors, duracrete wall with an electrified razor wire topping, but we should be able to hack the gate...hopefully" she said with a grin "lets get walking, we can hash everything else out on the way" she said as the large robot at her side turned and dashed off into the forest with a surprising lack of noise for something it's size. Sasha turned to follow it.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Solara got out her small computer and set it on its usual spot. She then told Sasha, "Patch me in." She got out her keyboard gloves, and then the small robot orb. It expanded and went full size, and went on ahead of Solara. "Meet Minime version 3. Version 1 is a child's toy, while 2 is a laborer for dangerous missions. Version 3 is mine and mine alone, and is meant for combat."

Jan, meanwhile, trusted Solara to patch her in when the feed came to her. She put her combat glove on her right fist, leaving the left bare so she could get her lance out fast. She then clenched her right fist, and a sword shot out of her arm. She grabbed it quick and headed out in front of Solara's robot, silent and swift.

cossant
Marquis
Marquis

Post by cossant »

Marcus tapped his earpiece once, causing a thin visor to snap out over his right eye. "Patch us through, and we're all set." he informed, his brother doing the same.

Both then began the walk toward the facility.

"Make sure you bring me back something, guys. I love messing with any sort of technology." Ronnie quipped over their earpieces.

Jeremy sighed. "Just try to keep quiet, Ronnie."

SnowFire
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Monkey!

Post by SnowFire »

((ooc: Sorry. Haven't had access to a computer all weekend >< )))

Tyger-i stepped out of the vessel last. He followed behind as rear cover. That and he liked making a grand enternce from time to time. He looked around the area. Mentally marking areas that could be used for later. "a bomb here. Some traps there. Nice place if it didn't have to go up in a fireball" he though as he kept other sensors open for detection.
If I don't have to do it, I probably won't
and if I have too, I'll do it quick.

My characters page

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Sasha patched the others in the group through to the feeds she was watching from her aerial drones. while they couldn't control the feeds, they could see what she saw as she switched among the different feeds, getting different views of the surrounding woods, and the facility itself ahead of them. Sakhmet fed her a whole different set of data, 4DIDAR translated to a different set of visuals to her, though nothing of note came up.

After a bit of walking, the crew came to the outer wall of the facility, the entire place was eerily quiet except the faint buzz of electricity coursing through the charged razor wire atop the wall itself. "well...here we are" she said quietly as she cycled through the video feeds from her drones. The video confirmed that nothing moved in the open area between the wall and the building itself. Sasha moved along the wall quietly until they came to a small personnel gate "time to ring the bell" she said, looking at the mag lock mounted next to the door, then at Solara. "think you can get it open without setting off any alarms?" she asked, then turned her attention to the pair of wolves, and Tyger-i "be ready for automated turrets once we reach the building itself."

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

"That? A rudimentary lock. Simple." Solara pulled out a little rod-like object. One end buzzed and glowed blue, and she pointed it at the lock. There was a click, and the door swung inward. "After you," she said with a smug look.

Jan headed through cautiously, waiting for something to go wrong...

SnowFire
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Monkey!

Post by SnowFire »

Tyger-i grinned. "you know what they say. What can go wrong will go wrong" he says stepping through and looking around. "here's my question" he says turning to Sasha. "if you said this place was wiped clean off all known maps how do you know that there will be turrets. Or even anything in here at all? Time to spill what you know about this place before we all go in and get ourselves 'killed" he says putting emphasis on the word.
If I don't have to do it, I probably won't
and if I have too, I'll do it quick.

My characters page

cossant
Marquis
Marquis

Post by cossant »

((OOC: sorry for the delay, again. My modem kinda died on me, and i had to replace it))

Jeremy and Marcus moved through the gate, guns shouldered. Their gaze swept over the immediate surroundings. "See anything?" Jeremy questioned Marcus. "Nothing right now. Keep your guard up." Marcus replied.

Jeremy, keeping his eyes watching for any type of hostile movement, questioned the dragon. "Do you really think the Edwinish government would let anything of value go unprotected? Honestly, I'm not surprised that their air force hasn't dropped a strike team in yet."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

(no biggie...I've been kinda absorbed in skyrim lately)

Sasha shrugged at Jan's smug look, and headed quietly into the yard between the wall and the facility's building, Sakhmet following close behind her. Shasha heard Tyger-I's comments , and rounded on the dragon "I told you what I know at the mission brief, or were you not paying any attention." she replied "I got the information on the place from an ex party member, and he didn't really have much to say on the matter of what happened to take this place off the maps, and neither did the info he gave me. I imagine it probably wasn't anything good whatever it was, but we're about to find out....you're welcome to leave if you don't think you can hack it." she turned to Jeremy and Marcus "the place was locked down from the inside, and all but completely purged from any record of existence...I imagine the party thought that was enough" she shrugged "that or whatever was of value to them was taken out before it was locked down...only way to know for sure is to go in and see for ourselves" she said as she started off toward the building...

once they arrived at the main door to the facility, Sasha took care of getting the door open. the door slid silently to one side, close inspection would show that it was made of thick blast resistant materials, heavy, and well constructed. lights flickered on the inside, casting a dim, and erratic glow in a hallway that led off to the right, then made a left turn the ground floor of the building seemed to be, for the most part, intact, minus the disrepair from being abandoned.

"we should see if we can find a terminal and pull up whatever went on in this place before it was locked down." she commented as she moved carefully inside...

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

[continue, I got nothing, Solara and Jan are following...]