The Final Pillar (OPEN TO ALL, Adjustable plot.)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
The Crow
Baron
Baron
Species: Crow

The Final Pillar (OPEN TO ALL, Adjustable plot.)

Post by The Crow »

Jack walked through the streets, looking about. He stopped for a moment, dusting off his long black feathers. The 7" 2' crow continued walking, his leather jacket unbuttoned, dusting off his khaki trousers. He fiddled with the chip in his hand, thinking back to his father, and the stories of some long-died out entiy known as true magic, a thing of power beyond that of machines. He stopped out the front of a popular pub. His father told him that there may be an ancient ruined pillar out there, containing the final spark of magic. In memory of his father, he'd look for the pillar, or at least proof of it. He put the chip on the wall, a hologram displaying:
'Adventurers/Archeologists wanted. Untold fortune may be involved. Contact Jack Ike for details.'
Jack, the 18-year old crow, ruffling his feathers, walked back to his run-down home.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Sponsor

RavenFire487
God
God
Species: Canine

Re: The Final Pillar (OPEN TO ALL, Adjustable plot.)

Post by RavenFire487 »

As jack was crossing the street, a sleek blue Ferrari came running up the street, the driver, a young white wolf known as Ivelese Elton, one of the wealthy technocrats of the time was the driver, she was busy fiddling with the cars radio "God why do those damn government buildings always screw up my radio." she said to herself finally just giving up and shutting it off. She looked up to see jack in the cross walk, she slammed on the breaks and the convertible slid to a stop "Watch where you are walking you moron!" She yelled as she drove around him, she parked her car then walked across the street to the pub seeing the chip on the wall she chuckled then swiwed in off the wall, letting it clatter to the sidewalk, smiling she walked inside.

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

Jack shouted back at the driver. "Maybe you should watch the streetlights, it's clearly red!" He continued walking across the street, when he froze. An alert had popped up on his HUD, saying that his chip had been removed. He grumbled. "Bloody theives..." he said, walking back to where he put the chip, and looking around. He looked down, and saw the chip. "Ah." He said, picking it back up and placing it firmly on the wall. He flipped a switch, and it began displaying again.

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

Jan walked in front of her really good friend Solara. She was keeping a watch out for her brainiac friend and love. She was dressed in sleek, no-nonsense leather. Her movement was fluid and she looked very capable of fighting.

Solara on the other hand, had her head lost in the clouds. She was desgning her next invention, hoping to get some money from it. She did lots of repair and salvaging,evidenced by her dirty, grease-and-oil-stained clothing. Hers were clothes that may have been only grabbed from the floor...

Both female Minks were going to the tavern to look for small jobs. They needed a bit of a boost to their affairs, even though Solara was rich through her family. That family had all but disowned them, but Solara didn't care. She never much cared for those things. She only cared for her inventions and Jan.

Jan was scanning the board and spotted Jack's post. "This looks promising. We could do for some exercise. Been too long." Solara just nodded, rifling through her shoulder bag to locate her mini-computer. She clipped it to her ear, and put the screen down in front. Donning special gloves, she started doing a scan for this "Jack Ike."
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

There were multiple Jack Ikes, all different races. Ironically, one was named Jack 'Dirt' Ike, and the chip appeared to be a little dusty. Jack Dirt Ike was an Avian Crow from the country, who had an odd obsession with guns and old artifacts. "Interested, are you?" said a cloaked figure sitting on the sidewalk. He handed Jan a heavy, metal cylinder with a lid. "Don't open this until you leave the city, or else you'll be arrested. Follow the instructions, meet in room 404." said the person, his beak making an annoying clicking sound, and speaking with an obviously fake accent.

~ Me.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

After a few minutes Ivelese left the pub again she noticed the two minks and the figure in black she looked at the post from Jack again "in all honesty it does sound kind of interesting." Ivelese said to herself aloud "And I could use something to do, guess I'll have to contact this Jack Ike." Ivelese said looking for a phone number, though surprisingly, there wasn't one.

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

The cloaked figure gave Ivelese another heavy iron metal cylinder with a lid. "Don't open this until you leave the city, or else you'll be arrested. Follow the instructions, meet in room 404." said the person, his beak making an annoying clicking sound, and speaking with an obviously fake accent. "And be sure to be there on time." The figure began eating a loaf of bread.

~ Me.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Jan nodded and pulled Solara away from her computer. They headed out of town in their large 'Minivan.' They then opened up the container. Jan immediately had her disintegration lance ready, in case something bad happened.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

The cylinder was incredibly thick, and inside was a piece of paper. "Return to the pub, Take the first left. Take the second right. Take the fourth left. Take the third right. Park in the lot. Walk north past five buildings. Turn left. Walk past seven, turn right. Walk past three. Go into the hotel at 9:45 Exactly. Put this paper back in the cylinder, close the lid, and throw it. Ten seconds after you opened the cylinder, it will explode." The cylinder began beeping.

OOC: The hotel is run-down, and very unstable. It has eight floors, and none of the elevators work, with the stairs being extremely dangerous, one set collapsed.

~ Me.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Jan scanned the paper quick, took a snapshot that went to Sol's computer, and quickly put the paper back, closed the cylinder, and tossed it 100 feet away.

[Jan's a cyborg :)]

Jan drove them back to the pub and followed the directions. They wer walking down the street at about 9, only to realize Solara left many things behind. Jan ran back and grabbed her stuff. She lugged it back and found Sol tinkering with a passing hoverboarder's board. The kid zipped away, at a much higher speed than normal.

They made it to the hotel a minute late, panting and out of breath. [Sol actually, Jan don't breathe technically.]

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

Upon stepping into the hotel, a click is heard, and gunfire pounds it's way through the door, splintering it into oblivion. The guns continue firing.
A figure stood behind the barrage of guns. He was plump, obviously because he was a Guinea Pig. He wore oiled white clothes with large jeans. He chattered his teeth in excitement. "You shouldn't mess with people like Crow, you get yourselves killed. Why are you here?" said the 4 foot 5 inch Guinea Pig in an annoying nasal-esque voice. (Try talking while pinching your nose.)

~ Me.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

As soon as the gunfire began, Jan yanked Sol off to the side, and turned her arm into the disintegration lance. She then tucked and rolled, came in and blasted to bits one of the guns, then started hitting the others.

Solara, meanwhile, rummaged through her bag and came out with computer, gloves, and a small orb. She put on the computer and gloves, then tossed out the orb, which ex[anded into a full-sized robotic humanoid. She then starting typing rapidly, and the creation moved swiftly to join Jan, then ran up to the Guinea Pig. "We were told to come here. Apparently, you didn't get the memo," the bt said in Sol's voice,a dn launched a jab at the pig's kidney's.

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese parked her car in the specified lot beside the van after reading the note, she took the walk she was told to take by the note, noticing she was getting deeper and deeper into the dangerous part of the city "I never thought I'd be in this part of the city." she said to herself as she finally arrived in front of the run-down hotel, walking up to the entry she heard gunshots, she dropped to the ground. Once she finally heard the shots stop, she looked through the window, to see the two minks from earlier, in a stand off with what appeared to be a guinea pig.

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

The guinea pig squeaked in pain. "If you were told... to come here, what direction was the third turn you took by veichle?" he said, falling over and clutching where he was jabbed. Wheezing badly, he got up and attempted to waddle away.

~ Me.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

"Left," the bot said. It held itself defensively. Thankfully, Jan had finished off the guns, so no further need to dodge was required.