The Final Pillar (OPEN TO ALL, Adjustable plot.)

This is where all of the Age of Cyborgs role-plays are archived.
Regret
Outlaw
Outlaw
Species: Canine

Re: The Final Pillar (OPEN TO ALL, Adjustable plot.)

Post by Regret »

"Hmmm... a twelve leg you say? Ya, I think that I can handle a big twelve leg. You won't mind me having my AI as my co-pilot do you, unles you already have a co-pilot?" Rune said as he cleared off some space on a table to set his damaged leather curiss for repairs. Then Rune just turned around and leaned against the table before crossing his arms across his green tunic.
The word of Tobuscus is now Law... Boop!

Thou shall access Youtube and clickith the search bar.

Then thou shall typeith within the search bar the search term Tobuscus.

After thou has typeithed within the search bar the search term Tobuscus thou shall pressith thy enter button.

Thou shall not pressith thy enter button before the search term Tobuscus has been typeithed within the search bar but pressithed only after Tobuscus thy search term has been typeithed within thy search bar.

Capiche ?

Sponsor

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

Solara was delighted. "Perfect! Needed an upgrade to this thing's vision. Now I can add heat vision!" She nabbed it and quickly put it carefully in place. Looking over, she found a good chip had fallen out. Picking it up, it was an auditory chip, identical to the one she needed. She put the last in place, and closed the head and started the thing up. It jumped up, then curled into an orb, which Solara stowed.

Jan was happy for the repair, but she needed Sol. "Hey, Sol, hack the Edwinish database, if you would." Turning to Jack, she replied, "The Edwinish Government has many secrets in their database. Solara hacks it regularly to find new blueprints and sells them on the black market. She can get-"

"Done," Sol aid from her computer.

"There, now let's see... Here! Looks like they have an identical one in storage on an 'abandoned' facility." Jan pointed to an exact copy of the cube in front of them.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Regret
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Regret »

"Well now this sure is an odd crew. We have Mr. Boss Man, Guinea man, Sol girl, Jan chan, Miss Social Butterfly overthere (Ivelese) and myself.Now what?" Rune couldn't think of a fitting pet name for himself since people don't pick their pet names.

After thou has typeithed within the search bar the search term Tobuscus thou shall pressith thy enter button.

Thou shall not pressith thy enter button before the search term Tobuscus has been typeithed within the search bar but pressithed only after Tobuscus thy search term has been typeithed within thy search bar.

Capiche ?

The Crow
Baron
Baron
Species: Crow

Post by The Crow »

Jack nodded to Smithy. "He's been my co-pilot the whole time, but i'm sure he could use with a break."

"Heat vision? Your thinking too small my dear!" said Smithy, watching the bot turn on.

"What else? We're goin to this run-down warehouse thinggymajig... Blocky." said Jack, grinning at the name he gave Rune.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Regret
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Regret »

It took Rune a second to realize that Jack had just call him Blocky. Rune silently took a moment to face palm and thought 'Geeze, how the dog-biscuits did he come up with that, I've got such a shining personality. ' Then he quietly wondered if it deserved a double face palm. "Any chance you have two micro-shield capacitors, a field inverter chip, four compact micro charge core chips so I can fix my curiss? You used quite the explosive for that cylinder case." Then Rune opened up his leather creation to remove the fried parts. He nearly tossd them aside before he remembered that he could use the parts to craft more Caster shells for his Caster rifle.

The Caster rifle actually looked more loke an oversized handgun than a rifle. " You wouldn't possibly by chancr have per say some of those outdated shotgun shells? Doesn't matter if they're spent. I just need empty shells to make some Caster rounds."

Capiche ?

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

"Here, let me," Sol said, shifting through the chips. She grabbed the needed ones and headed over to the cuirass. She went promptly to work. "And maybe add Infra-red, and X-ray, too. Will need to expirement," She said to Smithy.

Jan nodded at Jack. "Yes, that seems like the most logical path. Maybe with more of these cubes, we can get more clues to location." turning to Rune, "It's Jan." She pointed her arm-turned-Disintegration-Lance at his head.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Regret
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Regret »

"Ok 'Just Jan' at least it isn't ....Blocky...." Rune does another face palm. " Sorry that didn't come out right...gah that just sounds even worse!" He tuns to Sol and just stares, his expression looks like that of someone who just saw a person get hit by a car."Xray-za-wha... wait what are you doing to my...." Then he sighs in defeat, "Might as wall let you finish but if it blows up on me I will personally force every little chunck of me to get up an dribble on you" then more to himself " Ha, that's about all I'd be able to do." As he chuckles to himself.

Capiche ?

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

"Right, we should probably get some rest. Take any room in the hotel you want, other than Rooms 404, my room, and room 207, Smithy's." he said, clapping his hands together. He whispered something into Smithy's ear, and smithy nodded. Jack then walked up the stairs and into room 404.

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Sol turned around. "Done! and I think I improved it a bit." Indeed, the armor now had higher blocking capabilities, and wouldn't melt so easily.

She then went back to Jan, who hugged her. "You okay?" Jan whispered to her.

"Always. You operating at full capabilites?"

"Takes more than a storm of bullets to destroy anything in me. You made sure of that." Jan released Solara.

"That I did. Come on, we should take a room." They moved off towards the room next door.

Regret
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Regret »

After the others left the room Rune decided to find a room to get some rest. Since the number nine poped up a lot around him he decide to check out room 9. When he entered the room he was relieved to finally have a chance to sleep in a real bed and not outside on the hard ground.

Capiche ?

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

A mysterious, purple light ebbs from within room 404, and a strange energy pulses from it.

A loud blunk noise is heard as Smithy hops into bed and falls asleep... and starts snoring.

~ Me.

Regret
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Regret »

(OCC- Crow, it's kind of difficult for us to do a follow up post when it's going to be a new day and what-not at least it is for me since I'm not the DM for this RP. I really don't want this story to die. Just my opinion)

Capiche ?

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

[Sorry about the delay guys.]

The sun rose, shining rays of light through the boarded-up windows.

~ Me.

Kael
God
God

Post by Kael »

Jan was the first up and about, even before the dawn broke. She needed no sleep as a full cyborg. She had been guard over Sol while she slept like a log. Wehn Sol woke, her first sight was of Jan. "Hello, Heart of Mine," she whispered with a smile.

"Hello, foolish love. Have a nice sleep?"

"Not since your transfer, you know that."

"That I do." Jan helped her out of bed, and Sol quickly dressed. After checking their gear, they moved into the hallway.

Regret
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by Regret »

Rune got up before the sun had risen out of habit to do his morning workout and meditation. After he finish he went over to inspect his armor upgrades.

"Please run a systems diagnostics on the new armor upgrades Pepper, thanks.” Rune said to his AI companion.

“One moment please, …. running systems diagnostics… diagnostics complete. The new upgrades have increased the survivability of the armor by 73%. Please talk to ‘Sol-ly-Polly’ on how to access the new armor features. I will make alterations to the programs to integrate the upgrades into the suits computers.” (then in a more sultry voice) “Will that be all Rune?”

“I swear Pepper, If I didn’t know better I’d think that you were coming on to me.” Rune said with a chuckle.

“You know I only do it because I find your responses ….. curiously amusing.” The AI added emphasis to the last two words.
“Besides… I ENJOY poking fun at you.” Again the AI added emphasis.

“I knew it! But why did you pick me?” Rune asked Pepper out of curiosity.

“Mmm, well out of all the personnel files I found that both your personality profile and your personnel file did not fit the Hard-Ass personality norm. I found this most curious. Then your response to my message about AI’s and what you would do if an AI was exhibiting abnormal behavior. Your response was the only one indicating that you were willing to let the AI evolve and develop on its own. And as I recall you even said word for word in your response that ‘If it were female and had a sexy voice why would anyone not help her, err .. it?’ Would you like me to repeat your full response, Rune?” Pepper replied.

Rune’s inner ears turned red.
“Wait-… you read- er I mean sent that? I thought it was another one of those bogus assessment messages…. Ahh.. er… well,… I’m not really sure how to respond to that…. ahh thanks?... I guess? Wait did you say Sol-ly-Polly? I like that more than Sol Girl. It’s catchy.”

With that Rune got ready and left the room to find Sol-ly-Polly before he went to find Guinea Man the guinea pig.

“We also need to take a look at that 8-legged mech-“ (Pepper interrupted Rune) “You mean 12-legged mech, Rune.”

“That’s what I said Pepper now would you stop correcting me, you’re starting to sound like my older sister.”
With that Rune headed off to Sol-ly-Polly and ‘Just’ Jan’s room.

Capiche ?