Escape from Xeros (Atalfa, Various) (Sign Up)

This is where all of the Age of Space role-plays are archived.
Eddy
Baron
Baron
Species: Otter

Re: Escape from Xeros (Atalfa, Various) (Sign Up)

Post by Eddy »

Chuckling at the badger's reaction to his owning a ship, he shrugged. "Reckon I do now yeh mention it." The little cargo ship had been his home for the past months, and he had grown very fond of her. It had been a big decision for him to leave her in dry dock as he took the voyage. A decision he was rapidly beginning to regret as he listened to the badger, the numbers the badger was rattling off boggling his mind. As a yell echoed down the corridors, he perked his ears glancing back the way they came. "Another victim of the phantom cup..." Grinning, he approached the lift, watching the badger try his card with no success. "Security kiosks! They might have a control for the lock in there!" As the badger jogged back down to the security station Eddy followed more slowly, happy to take in the sights through the window.

"I've always wanted to try this." The loud smash echoed around the bulkhead's causing the otter to jump from his thoughts. "Real subtle..." By the time he'd caught up, Jack had got the emergency lights up and running, bathing the place in an eerie red glow that Eddy reckoned made the place look more creepy. As they headed back to the elevator, their disappointment was strong when the card still refused to work. As the badger went back on the intercom, Eddy knelt to inspect the device. "Eddy, see if you can break the scanner's casing open." Grinning, the otter gave a nod, "with pleasure." Drawing his pistol from it's holster, he inspected the handle. It was a heavy metal thing, designed for precision shooting and the wooden handle was reinforced with a strong metal band...which he brought down hard on the casing's corner, the blow sending the old, brittle plastic clattering noisily over the floor!
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

Sponsor

krazykatboy
Thief
Thief

Post by krazykatboy »

Rod's tail puffed up as his earpiece crackled to life, "Testing testing. This is Jack, calling Roddy. I've got a security scanner blocking my way, an old one. I think we can get the cover off it, do you reckon we could dip the electronics to get it open?"

The white-brown cat looked at Roddy. "Would you have to go to the other side to help them out? I can try and get this door open if we go through there," he asked, pointing at the open floor panel. "Maybe there's a terminal or something to force this door, or something."

"No, I can give them instructions." He thought for a second, trying to remember what he did back on the Manchester, then turned on the intercom, "Common scanners nowadays lock down if the control panel is ever opened while online, but if it's offline, you can bypass it by cutting and merging the wires to the scanning unit, usually leading to the center of the side closest to the scanner, and then putting back online." He then thought of his first attempt at bypassing one, when he didn't know that "If it's opened while online, you can force it by overloading the circuit, but that doesn't always work. To do that, just power it down, cut the grounding wire and tun it back on." he turned off the intercom, content that was all the information that would be needed.

He then turned around, making sure no one, or no thing was following them. Content that there was nothing there, he went into the shaft. His arm clanged against the metal siding of the corridor, regardless of how lightly he laid it. He was reminded of a couple of welding jobs he did in one of the Blackhawk... God awful, took months for his fur to grow back...

As he finally came out of the shaft, he heard Haru talking to Rudolf, "I used to love reading the stories about this place. They had absurd names like 'The Ghosts of Xeros,' and 'Killer Mutant Radiactive Space Wrass.' And then there were more serious things, too. Anyway, I can't help but think of them now. This place was like the ultimate haunted asteroid to us back home, and now I'm walking around in it."

He shone his torch about, making sense of the room, "Yeah, I never got into ones like that, I was more into ones that were more... realistic. One was about a pirate group that stationed here after the incident and how a merc crew stopped them... of course it was fiction, or supposed to be." He walked along with the others until he saw the battlefield, "The hell happened here?" he wondered as he looked at the door.

"P-please, lets just go," the Siamese urged, clearly fearful.

"I agree, I don't want to know what happened to the corpses, if any." A battle site like that and casualties were highly likely. He kept his hand near his pistol. Who, or whatever they were fighting may still be here.
Medieval Characters
Di' Tul, The Wanderer and his apprentice Shi' Na Fireheart-Wandering mages

Steampunk Characters
Lucile "Lucy" Frantera- Tinkerer

Space Characters
Roddy Horsen - Navy Engineer
The Retor Brothers- An obsessive nerd, his badass brother, and their ship.

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG »

Jack gave the otter a thumbs-up as he listened to Roddy's response. The casing had come off easily, exposing the internal electronics. "Uh, nowadays they do what? It's fifteen years old..." the badger mumbled to himself. "Overload it, eh? Sounds like the best option." Jack flicked the 'TWR ACCESS" switch back to its OFF position, and hurried back to the exposed scanner. "Grounding wire..." he repeated, squinting at the circuitry. He knew abit about electronics as a hobby, but was not exactly confident about where the grounding wire was on a piece of old high-security equipment in a tense situation such as theirs. He knew the live wire was brown, or red, but he had no idea why or how a grounding wire could exist on the station, much less in a relatively enclosed scanning device. He assumed that the process of grounding a current was a little more complex in station electronics, and guessed that they still coloured the wire green. The trouble was, the electronics were very finely compacted together, to save on space and resources. He found the small green line that ran from the socket at the back to the main little black box that housed the reading machine itself, and tried to pull it out. It was more resilient than he guessed, so he pulled harder. It still refused to budge. Sighing, and going against his better judgement of sticking a potentially dangerous piece of electrical equipment in his mouth, he pulled one way and bit the other, and the wire snapped. Jack wished as soon as he cut it, that he had double-checked the circuit for any more green wires, but the damage was done. He went back to the kiosk, and turned the tower access switch back on. The exposed scanner hummed to itself, it seemed to Jack, before it beeped angrily, and repeatedly. A smell of burnt silicon composite and plastic grew around the doorway, and the door clicked open. It seemed that the scanner had decided some kind of emergency was in progress, and had opened the door to facilitate an evacuation. The badger gave a short, triumphant laugh. "Ha! We're in! Brilliant!", with his earpiece on so the engineer could hear that his advice had been successful. The paramedic pushed open the door, and peered inside, in the poor lighting. There were three lifts, and an emergency stair access. The lifts were dead, undoubtably, and there had been no lift power in the kiosk. The badger tried the door to the stairs, and said to the otter. "I think the sooner we get up there, the sooner we can leave. No point in spending ages working on getting the lifts operational. It shouldn't be far to go by the stairs."

The badger began to climb, and each floor he passed such helpful signs as 'T1' and 'T2' and 'T3'. This told him absolutely nothing, but gave him a count of how many flights he had ascended. Terminal control for D-Spar would definitely be obvious, as he peeked round each door. The Terminal Control floors were the ones with windows, the administration and 4Didar floors, ones where visual identification could not be achieved by a window, were lacking in any external view. They past floors with old holographic projectors, desks, much of which had been cleared out, some in various states of repair and abandonment, with old news tablets and personal effects scattered about. One floor even had a painting on the wall, an oddly out-of-place rendition of a basket of fruit. Jack, out of breath by now, gave the painting a quick look with his torch, whilst he pondered for a second just how unusual it was. Finally, they reached the Terminal Controls for A Spar, B Spar, C Spar, and then D Spar. The dim red lights were assisted by the winodw view of D Spar, a long, spiked bulk of pier, stretching away for kilometres. Not too far from the tower was the bronze and brass coloured freighter, docked vertically, to keep her twin cargo outriggers, two smaller hulls for storage, clear of the pier. Jack smiled, panting, and said, "Ah, there she is. Better than I could have hoped for. Now, to release her from her prison, eh?" He scanned the controls. Fortunately, the Tower was still built with physical switches, a redundancy check in case the virtual hologram of the pier and its virtual switches to release ships failed. He scanned along the line of switches, and relaised he did not know which number the Sal ad-Din was. "Er..." he mumbled to himself, switching back on the earpiece. "Uh, OK, we're in the tower, I've found the controls. Have you guys found the ship's airlock yet? I need to know the Gate number to release the station lock. There should be a sign telling you above the airlock entrance." The pilot sank into a chair beside the switchboard, trying to catch his breath. There were a couple of other chairs, but they had been knocked over. It seemed strangely sad to the mustelid, but he was not sure why. He supposed it was because the place looked almost forlorn, consigned to its fate to orbit Atalfa in isolation until the end of its days. Jack would not miss it though, he could simply not wait to get on the freighter and get the hell away from this haunted house of a station.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Rainwhisker
King
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker »

Rudolf followed the siamese through the shaft, the persian also grumbling about how tight the space was to crawl through. They made their way through the dim, red-hued vents until they reached the other side of the door, Haru prodding through the grate easily. The brown-white cat followed the Yamahan out and straightened himself, withdrawing his torchlight and pointing to what seemed to be more endless dark corridors.

"I must confess, I set myself up for this kind of thing," Haru began, "for the fear, I mean." Rudolf only looked back, puzzled. "I used to love reading the stories about this place. They had absurd names like 'The Ghosts of Xeros,' and 'Killer Mutant Radiactive Space Wrass.' And then there were more serious things, too. Anyway, I can't help but think of them now. This place was like the ultimate haunted asteroid to us back home, and now I'm walking around in it."

A dry grin formed on the persian's lips. "Yes, this awfully feels like a horror movie, doesn't it..." he said, grimly. he began walking down the corridor as Roddy crawled out of the small shaft, shining his torch around the terminal.

"Yeah, I never got into ones like that, I was more into ones that were more... realistic. One was about a pirate group that stationed here after the incident and how a merc crew stopped them... of course it was fiction, or supposed to be."

"Xeros station does have its fine share of stories." Rudolf added. "They said it was never abandoned at all and some people still remain here to perform wild experiments." he chuckled. Obviously there wasn't any of that.

"If we get out of here al-... when we get out of here, I'm swearing off science fiction forever. Nothing but Romance novels for me from now on..." Haru quietly said, as they began walking through the dark, lightly illuminated with the emergency lights and the rays of their flashlights.

Somewhere along, Jack exclaimed through the earpieces. "Ha! We're in! Brilliant!"

They finally came across the golden coloured spaceship's airlock, with the ship nicely in view from outside. They went past several corridors which lead to control panels and doors that would managed the ship's airlock and docking systems. The room was clean and untouched save for an area where a lone door was at the end of the corridor - there were several weapons - self-made turrets, perhaps -- strewn about on the floor on their tripods and the needles they fired had left a trail along the wall and the roof. The door looked like it had been welded, but the it had been blown outward from the inside.

Needless to say, a wave of fear flushed over them and Rudolf's nose easily picked up the fear that Haru suddenly thought of - the three all had their own thoughts and possibly came to the same conclusion as well. The persian quickly tried to make up a possible scenario that was plausible - someone was being disagreeable, had to actually be welded into a room - a pirate maybe, then he had the explosives to escape. That was one explanation.

"P-please, lets just go," Haru urged, stammering.

"I agree, I don't want to know what happened to the corpses, if any." Roddy added.

"Hrm...yes..." Rudolf said, looking to the controls for the airlock, the door always nagging him - the words he had exchanged with Haru not long ago suddenly came back to haunt him, which he constantly tried to shrug off. "Roddy, is there anything here that you can use to open the door --"

Jack's voice then came through the earpiece again. "Uh, OK, we're in the tower, I've found the controls. Have you guys found the ship's airlock yet? I need to know the Gate number to release the station lock. There should be a sign telling you above the airlock entrance."

Rudolf looked to the sign that was dimmed above the airlock's entrance. "D-27." he replied, his eyes just looking at the blasted out door once more, his heart starting to race. "We're finally going to get out of here...thank the stars."
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Eddy
Baron
Baron

Post by Eddy »

The instructions regarding the lock meant absolutely nothing to Eddy so he happily stood back, watching the badger at work. "Might as well be speaking Yamahan to me. My electrical expertise ends at changing a plug or a light bulb." Looking out the window, he ran his eyes over the structure of the station, thinking of his own Sophie. The transport was old, battered and downright ugly, especially by modern standards. But he definitely missed her. As the panel started bleeping he turned seeing a couple of sparks before hearing the dull clunk of the door releasing. Laughing, he patted the badger's back, before helping him to haul open the heavy door. "I think the sooner we get up there, the sooner we can leave. No point in spending ages working on getting the lifts operational. It shouldn't be far to go by the stairs."

"With yeh there, let's go." The plan was made sense, but to him the stair seemed to keep going and going. "Not far?! It's like Ambition's bloody Ladder!" Like the badger though, he did stop to look through each viewport as they passed, more out of curiosity than anything else. Pausing at the room with the painting, he noticed Jack's attention lingering before following him back towards the main room. "Reckon that picture's worth anything? Might as well get something out of this venture." When they finally reached the top, he looked about, mouth agape as he peered down the whole length of the docking spar, allowing himself an impressed whistle. "What an age we live in..."

Jack he noticed, had gone straight to the controls, calling the other on the comm as he looked over all the switches that Eddy realised controlled the docking. The badger picked up his radio as Eddy joined him "uh, OK, we're in the tower, I've found the controls. Have you guys found the ship's airlock yet? I need to know the Gate number to release the station lock. There should be a sign telling you above the airlock entrance." As he spoke, Eddy leant over the console and just worked his way down the console, flicking all the switches, by the time the transmission was over, he had finished, and was grinning to his comrade. "Time's a-ticking!"
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

krazykatboy
Thief
Thief

Post by krazykatboy »

Jack cheered over the comm, "Ha! We're in! Brilliant!"

Roddy grinned and turned his comm on, "Great! That's another obstacle down." he then switched it off and mumbled "Obviously luck is on our side."

Haru, observing the airlock controls, spoke "Roddy, is there anything here that you can use to open the door --"

Jack's voice then came through the earpiece again. "Uh, OK, we're in the tower, I've found the controls. Have you guys found the ship's airlock yet? I need to know the Gate number to release the station lock. There should be a sign telling you above the airlock entrance."

Rudolf looked to the sign that was dimmed above the airlock's entrance. "D-27." he replied, his eyes just looking at the blasted out door once more, his heart starting to race. "We're finally going to get out of here...thank the stars."

"I assume you mean other than the obvious route." He pointed towards the plasma torch, "It'll work for the first door, but I don't want to ruin the ship's airlock." He looked at the control panel, "Panel's offline, digital hacking's out of the question," He took out his trusty screwdriver and found the correct head, "but maybe hardware hacking'll work, 'scuse me." He went to work undoing the panel, revealing the wires and chips behind the screen, "Let's see," using his screwdriver's head as a makeshift blade, he cut a pair of wires leading to the motherboard, one of which was still live, and tried to fit them together; they were too short, he groaned and closed the gap with his cybernetic hand, the first of the airlock doors opened. "That's all I can do, this panel doesn't control the second door... man I'm glad I sprung for that non-conductive layer... There's probably a manual override to open the other door from this side."
Medieval Characters

Steampunk Characters

Space Characters

Sade
Dysuhlian >:C
Dysuhlian >:C
Species: Toaster

Post by Sade »

It could hear voices in the darkness. Were the voices real? Perhaps it could have decided for itself in another time, but so little was left, so little of its mind had survived the damage. All that remained was hate and deceit and the will to reach a goal whose meaning and purpose had been lost long ago. It could see a way to reach it, with their help. It could see them now, moving hands on surfaces which, to the best of its knowledge, could in some way control other things in other places. The one was speaking again, his voice becoming strings of ones and zeroes coursing through the data network of the station... somehow. The other flicked one switch after another, setting distant things in motion... somehow. So much somehow, so little explanation, again it could feel the absence of what had been formidable, devious intelligence.

"Time's a-ticking!"

"Are you real?" the hushed, gravelly voice came from behind the badger and otter, from the entrance to the control tower. Torches turned in that direction revealed a large elk, male, wearing virtually nothing and standing frozen like the proverbial deer in headlights. At first glance the fur appeared to be a rather muscular elk standing easily six foot eight not including antlers, with a healthy full coat, obviously well nourished, whose face was taught and eyes ghostly still. A more thorough examination would yield problems- strange features and details where the fur's appearance seemed to break down. One antler extended from the side of his head at a strange angle; one of his ears faced a full one hundred and eighty degrees in the wrong direction; his fur appeared to grow in the wrong direction from the upper right portion of his torso, and his right nipple was simply missing. Beyond this, there were odd lines of dimples running across him like miniature impact craters, but lacking any obvious signs of injury or scarring. The fingers of its left hand were perfectly curved, completely featureless shapes, each tapering gradually to a sharp point. The fur reeked of burning plastic.

It's eyes finally moved, shifting between Eddy and Jack, while the rest of its face remained static. "Take me with you," the elk finally managed, speaking slowly as if uncertain of its own words. It advanced slowly towards them, "take me from this place. Take me home, to Feila. It has been... so very long."

"That's all I can do, this panel doesn't control the second door... man I'm glad I sprung for that non-conductive layer... There's probably a manual override to open the other door from this side."

Haru ducked into the airlock and poked about, "yeah, yeah I see it." With a grunt and a sharp tug, the inner door hissed and began to cycle. It opened to another pair of doors, bronze in color- the airlock of the Sal ah-Din. These doors opened without trouble, allowing the furs entrance to the vessel. Compared to the red glow of the Xeros' emergency lights, the inside of the Sal ah-Din was inky black, but Haru was by now desensitized to the darkness. He allowed his whiskers and smell to guide him until his eyes readjusted to the lighting.

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG »

Jack stared at Eddy, and grinned, finding the otter's solution amusing. "Uh, never mind guys, it should be open. We're on our way down." He honestly had not thought of just unlocking everything. The badger had no idea how the others were doing, he was receiving very little information over the earpieces, apart from Rudolf thanking the stars. Jack assumed that meant that things were going well on their end. It seemed they had found the Sal ad-Din with no trouble. The paramedic stood up, and peered out the window. He could just about imagine what it was like on board already. Lit, for instance. Safer. Now all the badger really wanted to do was leave the accursed station forever. He did not particularly want to go around removing valuables like paintings, it would take time, and embarass him. The mustelid was very much a law-abiding man, and would feel awfully guilty nicking Xeros' still life fruit painting. It was silly, nobody would be looking for it, and retrieving such a thing from Xeros would make it very valuable, but Jack did not have the heart to creep into a dark room and take it off the wall like a plunderer. "I suppose that painting'd be worth a bit if you got it back to civilisation, but I'm not touching it. As you say, time's a-ticking. Let's get out of here." Jack turned around, and screamed, leaping back and knocking over his chair. A man was standing right behind him. An elk, virtually naked, staring at him. This nightmare of a station had apparently regurgitated its final terror into the room just to play merry hell with the pilot's cognitive functions. The elk advanced towards them, demanding to go with them. By now, the adrenaline had begun circulating in the mustelid's body, and he drew his rapier and brandished it erratically. "No! No! Stay put! STOP THERE!" Jack had backed up so far he was almost sitting on the control panel, his eyes fixed on the fur before him, as if he had tunnel vision. He quickly activated his earpiece, but could not think of anything articulate to say, so merely whimpered into the device until his crackled brain could think of an appropriate sentence to construct. "Mff...Argh...er, hey, HELP!" was all he could manage at first. 'Help' seemed like a good word at the moment, because sword or no sword, the badger was more or less helpless at the moment, trembling, his back to the controls. Finally, he came up with something relatively understandable. "We've... There's an ELK IN THE TOWER! Living Elk! Alive! There's SOMEONE UP HERE!" He glanced at Eddy, hoping the bigger otter was on the verge of saving the day, because Jack certainly was in no position to do so. He could not even comprehend nor answer the stranger's request.

After a few minutes in which the terrified pilot managed to calm down, provided the elk kept a suitable distance, Jack tried to form a question, but he had no idea where to begin. This arrival was so unexpected. Jack had told everyone, and himself, that the station was empty. Completely and successfully evacuated, nobody here, no supplies, no life forms, no WRASSs, nothing. The creature's presence was supposed to be impossible, but it was standing right in front of the badger's eyes, defying the impossible with relative ease. The uniformed fur opened his mouth, and allowed a stream of near-nonsense to flow out. "Wha...how, who, what, huh, WHO the... Elk... Clothes... Who are YOU?" That seemed the best question, though Jack was already imagining that he knew the answer. Someone left behind in the evacuation, which was supposed to be impossible. The mustelid did not believe in ghosts, and the fur did not look like a ghost. Nor was it a hologram, holograms did not cast shadows nor did they go around undressed. As if to emphasise his question, or to assist Eddy in noticing the creature, Jack pointed weakly at the animal, as if he needed to physically direct his question in the elk's direction. He did not realise it, but his earpiece was left on. The three other furs in the station could hear every word the two furs and one apparition in the tower were saying. Somewhere along the line, the pilot realised that if the elk was threatening him, there was only one other person in at least a kilometre radius that could help him. The others could listen, but they could not render any assistance. It had not yet crossed Jack's mind that there could be any more furs on the station, the thought was too dark to even contemplate. The badger was beginning to notice things about this fur, the strange smell, his left hand, the strange angle of his antler and ear. The man had looked somewhat healthy at first, but the paramedic's trained eye was raising all sorts of questions about this man. The elk's question was slowly resurfacing in Jack's mind, but he gave no answer to it. Feila was not even on his flight plan, the planet was a significantly longer journey than Willis Bree, and so the stranger's demands seemed as incongruent as his very presence.

((OOC: This is what I have come up with for the design of the Sal ad-Din: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3986629 ))
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

Rainwhisker
King
King
Species: Lynx canadensis

Post by Rainwhisker »

Rudolf was grateful that Roddy and Haru had been able to open both doors - now the three were comfortably looking through the Sal ad-Din, as intimidating its dark walls were, it would no longer be the case once they had the other two arrive and once they were clear for take-off, they could easily fly out of here as quickly as they came, to leave this decrepit tower without a trace ---

The screaming from the other end made each strand of the persian's fur stand on end and his tail sprung. "We've... There's an ELK IN THE TOWER! Living Elk! Alive! There's SOMEONE UP HERE!" Jack's voice yelled into Rudolf's ears. He looked to his companions, confused and worried. His head was also quickly doubting the possibility that such a thing could even happen - how on Felia's name did anyone survive this long in the dark? Almost instinctively, Rudolf thought of that door. What if that, and the stories of sick, twisted experiments were true? What was behind that door? What blew it open? When? "Wha...how, who, what, huh, WHO the... Elk... Clothes... Who are YOU?"

Rudolf was already on his way out of the Sal ad-Din, his gun off his holster into his paws. "This isn't good." he frowned, thinking solely of Haru at the moment - the fact that the calmest man of the group was just screaming in fear at the moment would really send a message to everyone. Then again, if Jack, a trained paramedic was really seeing something that was logically impossible, then even Rudolf could forgive him for suddenly bursting into hysteria.

The fact was that Jack and Eddy were on the other side of the station, pretty much - a far distance away. "What's going on?" Rudolf asked into his earpiece. He obviously had no idea what kind of question he'd ask - he knew well enough that the other two were facing something irregular, either that or Jack was somehow hallucinating which he hoped was the case as irregular as that might have been - Eddy might have a still mind, but he didn't have an earpiece on him. "Eddy, what's going on?" the persian asked into the earpiece anyway - hopefully he could catch that and respond himself.

This certainly was an unexpected twist - if there were hostiles on this ship, what would Rudolf do? He had two untrained combatants - unless Roddy has had prior training with his gun - with him, and while he had experience Rudolf wasn't exactly the most trained in combat. Regardless, at least Roddy had a weapon at least, even Haru had a knife, but they don't even know what they were up against. The Sal ad-Din was their escape route, as well - perhaps it would be best if they stayed and held the fort, hoping that Jack and Eddy could make their way here? It would be absolutely foolish to leave to save two furs stranded and left their means of escape unguarded or unprepped to fly off. The persian shook his head - suddenly remembering past experiences, lapsing into the gunfights he had been through. Blood roared into his ears and he could feel his heart race - only to be stopped cold yet again when he realized -- what were they up against? Were the hostiles even real? Was it just Jack screaming frantically because he broke down due to the cold fear of the dark? That didn't even make sense considering how calm and even excited he was just minutes ago.

He motioned to Roddy, "Stay here with Haru. I'm just going to peek inside." the cat took careful steps into the control room for the airlock - this time flashing his light into the busted open door and the entrance they came in from earlier, illuminating down and up the corridor.
Image Image- I pranked/shot Felia. Mwahahaaha!

My Character Compilation

Chat on the IRC!

Eddy
Baron
Baron

Post by Eddy »

((Sorry about the delay guys...I suck x.x Love the image though, James!))))

Luckily for Eddy, he'd had no such training and, as the voice spoke, he whirled around, drawing the heavy pistol from it's holster and pointing it at the elk. "Stop there stranger, unless you want a hole in you." Biting his lip slightly, his paw ached from his gripping the pistol so hard causing it to shake slightly. He'd used guns before, even hunted, but he'd never shot another person. What worried him most was that he realised he could do it.

The badger however was no help, thoroughly spooked at the sight of the elk, he could barely manage to draw his sword. With a slight growl though, he glanced at his comrade, "put that kebab skewer away before you take your own eye out." Luckily the sight of a pistol barrel had seemed to check the elk, despite his apparent madness. James too seemed to settle somewhat, ding right in front of the badger's eyes, defying the impossible with relative ease. The uniformed fur opened his mouth, and allowed a stream of near-nonsense to flow out. "Wha...how, who, what, huh, WHO the... Elk... Clothes... Who are YOU?" His fellow mustelid's mutterings proved barely more helpful though.

The appearance of yet another voice did however make him jump slightly, causing a sigh of relief when he realised it was the radio. Keeping his pistol raised, he picked up the handset, "we've just met someone. An elk." Turning the radio down so as not to startle the elk, he stepped forward. "I'm Eddy. Who are you and what are you doing here?" A shiver ran down his spine, something wasn't right, the elk seemed barely sentient...almost feral.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

krazykatboy
Thief
Thief

Post by krazykatboy »

The radio crackled on "We've... There's an ELK IN THE TOWER! Living Elk! Alive! There's SOMEONE UP HERE! Wha...how, who, what, huh, WHO the... Elk... Clothes... Who are YOU?"

Rod's eyes widened, A living being in Xeros!? His mind went through countless calculations, pausing for well over five seconds, the stress of the situation finally getting to him.

Rudolf turned to Roddy, "Stay here with Haru. I'm just going to peek inside."

"Um, ok, uh..." He drew his pistol and turned around, scanning the red hallway that lay behind them... something didn't add up, despite the calm appearance of the room, he swore something was moving. Still, his eyes settled as he calmed down and his senses returned. He pressed his comm down.

Eddy's voice came over the radio, "We've just met someone. An elk. I'm Eddy. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

Rod sighed, his radio still on, "Well, we know he's not hostile. If he was, you'd either be dead or coated in blood." Something about the hall made him want to leave more than ever, perhaps it was gut, or maybe just paranoia, the two blended so often, they were nigh impossible for him to tell them apart.
Medieval Characters

Steampunk Characters

Space Characters