Just Desserts (Dmitri) (Omndragon, Darkkitsune, PM to Join)

This is where all of the Age of Space role-plays are archived.
omndragon
Duke
Duke

Re: Just Desserts (Dmitri) (Omndragon, Darkkitsune, PM to Jo

Post by omndragon »

I skim the manual and read how to pilot the craft. "Captain the ship is ready for take off." I look up and nod. "Thanks." I push a few switches and then I hesitate. I scan the available buttons and I find the button I am searching for. I press the button. I immediately realize I have incorrectly set my settings. I am slammed back into my chair and the ship roars out of the hanger at a high velocity. I begin to furiously press buttons and toggle switches in an attempt to alter the ships course. I manage to get us out of the moons gravity and am able to kill our speed. I breathe heavily and lean in my chair. "Yeah two minutes is plenty of time to learn how to fly this ship." I take a cigarette out of my case then take a deep breath. "There is no smoking in the bridge captain." I frown and say,” Make an exemption for me." The computer voice hesitates again then says, "Roger."

"Captain there are two unregistered personnel aboard the vessel!" I slap my face with my paw and shout. "Of course there is!" Dam you Friss. Ever since I got a hold of you its one thing after another!" I breathe in deeply then blow a hug puff of smoke into the air. "Hey sweet cheeks, is there any anti personal contingency plans?" The A.I. was quit a short time then in a restrained voice said, "OF course captain the electromagnet controls can be set to immobilize enemy personnel. Like this." I feel my body pressed to the chair for a second. Then the pressure releases. "The micro magnets in clothing are used to immobilize enemy personnel." I smile. "Can you set the controls to activate when the intruders enter the bridge? I deactivate the magnets in my clothes.

An otter holding a gun enters the bridge with his captive, Friss, at the end of his weapon. I smile. The otter looks like he is going to say something, but then the magnetic forces pin both the otter and Friss onto the ground. I can hear the outraged cries of Friss and the otter. I get up and propel myself toward the pair of miserable beasts and kick both of them in the side. "Now Friss I didn't say you could have friends over." I reach down and deactivate the magnets in Friss’s clothing. I throw him toward the other side of the bridge, but due to his squirming he floats upward. He floats ungracefully into the glass dome. "Got to hurt, and Friss you are out of the magnetic fields effect. You can turn on your clothings magnets now." I jump back to the captain’s seat, and activate my clothing. "Ship plot course to the nearest space station." The ships voice sounds uncertain. "Captain we are being hailed by an incoming ship." I frown. "Put it through." The screen flickers and I see a dogs face. "You are ordered to power down the vessel and prepare to be boarded." I take a drag on my cigarette and blow it out. "You and what army is going to make me?" The dog smiles and the ships AI says, "Ahem. He is transmitting from the middle of a formation of fighters coming this way." I bring my hand to my face and frown. "End communication." I sit heavily on the captain’s chair. I look up at Friss and sigh. "I am going to do something, I know that I am going to regret." I turn away then reluctantly say,” Ship give Friss access to the weapons console." I sit back in my chair violently. "Please offer verification." I place my left paw on the console. The blue light covers my arm for a moment and then the A.I. says,” Identity confirmed. Unlocking weapon systems." I look up at Friss "I still need to learn the controls so you are going to have to man the guns. Keep them off our tail. Once we pick up speed we should leave them in our dust. They will try to disable our ship before we can outrun the range of their weapons." Without waiting for confirmation I begin to fiddle with the controls.
Last edited by omndragon on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some things in life can't be taught they must be learned." - unknown

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Sponsor

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG »

Friss sighed and glanced back at the otter. He was definitely not in the mood for playing at being this idiot yokel's prisoner.

"What, who do you think is flying this thing, genius?" Friss snapped. He deliberately went as slow as possible towards the bridge. He did not run often, and the sudden rise in his blood pressure was making him feel peculiar. He staggered up to the bridge.

"Hey Renny, I brought a friend-" Friss was slammed to the floor. He was pinned to the ground by an uncompromising force. It took a while for the Dmitrian to understand why. Renkin released him from the magnetic lock, and began to throw Friss. The otter/mink struggled and ended up hitting the ceiling. Friss groaned and re-activated his magnetic field. He collapsed to the floor, arms and legs splayed.

"Ow! Not fair! You only get away with that 'cause you've got a gun. I bet I could out-hit you any day, you son of a..." Friss' hissy fit was interrupted by the communications display. His look of anger was replaced with queasy illness. Friss trembled, as the ship's AI explained.

"F-f-fighters? Military fighters? We can't go up against them!" Friss' jaw dropped as Renkin suddenly transferred weapon control to him.

"You want... me to?" he gasped. He had never even seen this model of ship before, let alone the daunting weapons systems.

"R-Renkin, I c-can't!" he whispered desperately, trying to get the fox's attention. Something flashed across the dome, causing the Dmitrian to flinch. The fighters were already shooting at them. In a state of near panic, Friss hurried to the weapons station. He placed his paw on a similar pad to Renkin's. The screens suddenly activated, switching to the external camera of the railgun turrets. The AI spoke.

"Weapons Station active. Chief Gunner Friss Fontaine in command." Friss gulped, trying to rationalise his thoughts.

"Uhh... activate weapons?" There was no response.

"Turn on weapons?" Still nothing.

"Oh come on, I haven't the time for this, just target those fighters!" Friss jerked in surprise as the cameras spun, the turrets turning on their axes to face the fighters.

"Specify target," the AI replied. Friss peered at the displays, noticing each fighters was tagged with a different letter and number. The head of the 'V' formation was labelled 'S1'.

"Uhh, target Sierra One." The barrels adjusted their aim, information regarding range and velocity overlaying the camera view.

"Open fire!" Friss was very familiar with this command. He often gave it on his own ship, to make himself feel important. He had never actually been in charge of the weapons before, though. The weapons bellowed white vapours into the emptiness of space, as coolant flooded the barrels and turned to gas, keeping the barrels from warping in the intensity of firing. The fighter crumpled in on itself, a bright flash that was instantly swallowed as the oxygen burned and left the fighter a wreck of tangled metal. It kept travelling forward, but soon fell behind as both the escapees and the pursuing fighters accelerated ahead. Friss whooped.

"Got one!" he cried out excitedly. After all the abuse he had received today, that solitary victory made him feel empowered again. He was quite aware of the irony that he was, in fact, defending his captor. However, his life would be far worse if he was caught by the fighters.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

omndragon
Duke
Duke

Post by omndragon »

I move the lever I believe is for acceleration and suddenly the ship shoots forward. I am pushed into my seat as the ship lurches forward. I subconsciously grasp my chairs arm. I press a button and suddenly the ship is put into a fierce rotation. I have apparently activated one of the forward maneuvering thrusters and have put us into a crazy spin. I am glad I haven't eaten since breakfast on Friss's ship because I can feel the breakfast from almost 8 hours ago coming up. I swallow hard a couple times then I try to bring us out of this powerful spin. I try pressing a button that will correct our situation. The spinning increases. I hold my mouth shut and open the manual again. After a serious will power to keep my assuredly no longer delicious breakfast down, I see the button I need to push. I correct our out of control spin and heave a sigh of relief. "There we go. Good as....." I put my hand to mouth to stop from throwing up. After a moment the urge to throw up passes. "new." I rescan the manual and look at the enemies positions. "It seems my unorthodox piloting has saved the day. They are too far to attack us now. “I nod and then quickly scan the manual. I want to learn how to fly this thing and by Midas I will learn how to fly this bucket of bolts. "Buckle in kid! I am going to learn how to fly this tube even if I have to press every button to learn what it does." I press a button and my person is propelled against my restraints. I gasp as I feel the forward momentum of the ship come to a stop. I weakly say, "Apparently that is the reverse thrusters." I deactivate them and the ship lurches forward again. I take a deep drag of my cigarette. "This is going to be fun." I press another button.

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Eddy
Baron
Baron
Species: Otter

Post by Eddy »

Who was flying this thing? Eddy had never been flung about so much in a ship and was more than a little bit uneasy! Staggering up the corridor (and being bounced off several bulkheads), he eventually found his way to the bridge. Entering, pistol still in paw he stared around at the transparent dome, this was as far a call from his old Sophie as it came! And, even worse, it seemed that they'd left orbit! "What the hell is going on? Feels like we're under," a bright flash crossed the viewport, "attack..."

Glancing at the hybrid and then to the canine in the pilot's seat. "I ain't sure what's happening here, but I think we should get out of here. Activate the pulse drive."
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG »

"You are a moron," Friss stated, as the ship began to spin. "A complete fool. Typical Feilan. Here's an idea!" Friss breathed in.

"ACTIVATE AUTOPILOT!" The controls lit up red, the ship returned to a smooth flight. Friss shook his head, trying to think clearly after Renkin's idiotic method of flying. The autopilot did not have any destination set, so the AI chimed in.

"Destination, captain Renkin?" Friss sighed, grateful for his timely intervention. Activating the autopilot was how Friss got most of his flying work done back on the Maelstrom. Besides, most long-haul spaceflights were computer-controlled. Now that the situation was more or less calm, the otter/mink saw fit to start his complaints again.

"You know, for a bounty hunter, that was exceptionally stupid, Renny," Friss began. Before he could go any further, he groaned and leant across his console. He was starving. It was painful and uncontrollable. Friss was growing more agitated by the minute.

"Renny, this otter followed me in. He's mean and he's got a gun. I'm famished. Unless you're a robot or something, I'm betting you are too. I think shooting down a fighter is worth a damn meal. If this goes on much longer, I am going to start chewing my own arms off." With that, Friss stormed off the bridge, back to searching for the galley. He felt stupid, he was no closer to freedom that when he had been stranded on that moon. Instead of getting Renkin alone, now he had to contend with two bastard Feilans that wanted to turn him in. Friss could only hope that Renkin did not intend to keep the otter around much longer.
"You can't just remain a root forever. Eventually you grow and change into other things, like stems and leaves and such. Are a tree's leaves an insult to its roots?" - Sade

"It is easy for a statesman, whether he be in the Cabinet or the Chamber, to blow a blast with the wind of popularity on the trumpet of war, warming himself the while at his own fireside; or to thunder orations from this tribune and then to leave it to the musketeer who is bleeding to death in the snow whether his system win fame and victory or no. There is nothing easier than that; but woe to the statesman who in these days does not look around him for a reason for war which will hold water when the war is over." - Otto von Bismarck

My Characters

omndragon
Duke
Duke

Post by omndragon »

"Set destination for the nearest station." I turn to Friss and smile. "Sure, if I had activated the auto pilot when the fighters were on us it would have piloted us in a straight line toward our destination. We would have been easy pickings for our fighter friends." I take a deep drag on my cigarette and smile. "Though I have to thank you Friss, I complete forgot our situation for a second there. You should have tried to use your temporary authorization to escape, but instead you used it to try and prove how stupid I was." I roar in laughter. I then pause and say, "Computer Deactivate the weapons console, and remove any access or privileges that Friss has. I only want him to have access to the smallest living quarters on this ship, the mess hall, and the bridge. I want his access to the bridge to be only when I am present in the bridge. If I am not in the bridge do no allow Friss access." I scanned my paw and the computer chimed in acceptance. I look at the otter and sigh. "The same for this bosso but make his room the second smallest room." I scan my paw again.

I pause for a moment and consider. "Is there any escape pods?" The computers voice says, "yes there are several escape pods." I nod. "Is it possible to lock the area the escape pods are?" The A.I. paused then said in a annoyed voice. "It is possible to seal the part of the ship with the escape pods, but doing so is not..... recommended." I nod. "Recommended or not I am afraid I will have to seal that area off." I do the required verification and sigh. "Does every order require verification?" The A.I. says in a restrained voice, "It is only required for important ship functions, personal additions, dangerous unrecommended decisions, and things outside day to day operations."

I sigh the get up and walk toward the otter. As I approach I deactivate my clothing’s magnets and float to him. I search the restrained otter’s person and find all the weapons he was carrying. "Sorry but for your safety, weapons are not allowed during the flight. Captains orders." I restrain from laughing at my own joke. I stop as the otter protests then I float back a distance and reactivate my clothes. "I can't deactivate the magnets holding you place unless you surrender your weapon. I mean I don't mind having an otter permanently affixed to the floor. at least until we get to the nearest station anyways." I nod. "It seams you have followed us into a very interesting situation. Sorry to say that you will be travelling with us until we reach the nearest station. After that I will unfortunately have to hold you until we are about to leave. The minute we are about to launch you will be released. I need the one over there, but I have no reason to keep you." I walk back to my chair and finish my cigarette in a large puff of smoke. “So make your self comfortable your going to be here for a few days at least. I hope your comfortable there pressed against the floor." I laugh.

"Computer turn on any news programs." A hologram of an anchor fur appears on the display. "Breaking news! The pirate ship 'Maelstrom' attacked a terraforming station on a moon on the fringes of the Dimitri system. Luckily the 'adamant' a navy destroyer was in the area preforming a routine patrol when the pirates attacked. The engagement lasted fifteen minutes. The adamant received three casualties and no reported fatalities. The Maelstrom was destroyed in the engagement when they refused to surrender. The captain of the adamant was quoted as saying 'They were outmatched and outclassed in terms of strength and power. Yet in the end they didn't surrender. I hated to destroy the Maelstrom, but I acted according to military protocol.' More about this late breaking story tonight on the 11 o'clock news. We return you to your regularly scheduled holoprogram."
Last edited by omndragon on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Eddy
Baron
Baron

Post by Eddy »

As the canine floated over and moved to search him, Eddy's paw went instinctively to his holstered pistol and remained there. "Now just hang on a minute there. Before I do anything, you'll tell me just what the hell is going on. First I find this slime about my ship," he gestured to Friss, "and now I'm stuck aboard this hulk on my way to gods know where." Stepping back from the wolf, he shook his head, "now if your Skipper on this 'ere boat, I'll accept you make the rules, but I ain't handing you this piece. I'll lock it away, whilst I'm aboard. But I'll hold the key."

Looking between the pair, Eddy realised he wouldn't trust either, and there was no way he was going to leave himself defenceless. If it came down to it, he knew he could at least shoot one of the pair. But then it seemed that this 'Pirate' was even more of a captive than him. "I aint an expert, but I doubt one man can fly a ship of this size alone. Especially if the feds catch up with us again. Right now, though food sounds good. Where's this galley?"
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Dieu n'est pas pour les gros bataillons, mais pour ceux qui tirent le mieux" - Voltaire
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG »

Friss paused on the stairs that led down from the bridge. He turned back and stared at the hologram on display. Friss' mouth hung open. His mind was struggling to come up with anything to say.

"Did... did he say the Maelstrom?" he asked nervously. One looked from Renkin was all the confirmation he needed. His ship had attacked the platform. Not infiltrated, not captured. Attacked. They had wanted him dead. Now Friss' ship, well, his mother's ship, was gone. Friss stumbled down the stairs, not thinking clearly. He wandered to the aft of the ship, finding nothing but the engineering room, which was locked. He also found his quarters, a standard two-bunk room. He might have been grateful he did not have to share with anyone, but from his perspective, the room was small, cold and reminiscent of a prison cell. I might as well get used to that, Friss thought bitterly. His own home, with its spacious bed and high-tech entertainment, was destroyed. Nobody was coming for him. Not even his mother could help, the Maelstrom had been the only ship she had ever owned.

Friss stumped miserably back up the corridor. The mess hall was one of the larger rooms on the vessel, with benches and tables presumably for a crew of fifty or so. Friss hurried into the galley. The metal surfaces were shined and new, yet the room was completely uncontaminated by any form of supplies whatsoever. The otter/mink realised that something had been following him. Peering out of the galley door, he saw a sleek looking WRASS had activated itself. It had been cleaning up the trail of dust Renkin and Friss had been depositing around the ship.

"Oi. Wrass. Where are the supplies?" Friss asked. The WRASSs were programmed to understand speech, no matter how vague, but their AI was limited to rather simple answers.

"Yes," the WRASS replied in a monotone, synthesized voice.

"Uh... the galley?"

"No."

"Aft?"

"No."

"The head?"

"Yes."

Friss sighed in exasperation and stalked off down the corridor again. His stomach was really hurting him now, not just because Renkin had put his fist into it so often today. He had literally had no food since Renkin had knocked him out on board the Maelstrom. The very thought of the ship made Friss whimper unhappily. He discovered that the vessel had a small walk-in cupboard at the head marked 'Emergency Supply'. Relieved to find that the ship's designers had not seen fit to put a lock on the door, he squeezed into the cramped, dark space, and picked up a few boxes. His arms full of cardboard boxes marked 'Emergency Supply', he went back to the mess hall to dump them onto a table. His legs gave way, dropping him heavily into a seat. He ripped open the first box. The emergency meal was contained within a moulded plastic bowl, with a sealed lid. Friss opened the lid to discover it was some kind of dull looking semi-congealed soup.

"Gross," Friss muttered to himself. He had never tried an emergency meal before. His guess was it replaced any thought of good taste with the necessary energy to survive an emergency in space. He heard Renkin's footsteps down the hall, so quickly stuck his muzzle into the bowl and very nearly inhaled his meal. He did not want Renkin to think he was put off by the quality of the food. He gulped down the porridge-like substance, trying not to taste it too much. In truth, there was not much to taste, it was a wholly bland meal. Friss licked the plastic bowl clean, as well as his face.

"Could've used some whipped cream. Not bad," he mused. The big hybrid could stand to eat more, but he was not sure he wanted to find out how many variations of synthesized goo the emergency meals provided. Friss leant back, folded his arms across his chest and shut his eyes for a moment. He could still see his beloved ship. Crewed by traitors! Friss dreaded to think of what might have happened, were he still her captain. Perhaps he would have died when the Adamant found him. Perhaps his crew had been plotting to slit his throat the whole time? He heard Renkin enter the room. Friss twitched. He needed to say something, but was too embarrassed. He cleared his throat.

"Uh... Renkin? About my ship. Er, you know, when you said my crew were disloyal, I didn't really believe it. I mean, I know they shot us down. But I thought they'd come for me. And... they attacked that platform because of me. It makes me wonder how long it would have been before they betrayed me. What I'm saying is... you were right," Friss hesitated awkwardly, not sure how to continue.

"And... and if I had been caught by that otter, if you had left without me, I'd be dead. So... thanks." Friss was bright red under his black fur. Thanking a Feilan? It was an unusual move for the proud Dmitrian. Yet Renkin had beaten Friss at his own game at every turn. He had even known Friss' crew better than the hybrid had known them himself.

"I... I guess that's all I wanted to say," he concluded, his voice quiet and uncomplaining for once. Finding himself unable to make eye contact with the fox, Friss examined the rest of the emergency supplies.

My Characters

omndragon
Duke
Duke

Post by omndragon »

I look at Friss in shock. I am glad he turned to examine the emergency supplies because for as long as I have known the little runt he has been a constant thorn in my side. I close my muzzle with a snap and sigh. "You know that you reap what you sow." I walk to Friss and make the motions to slug him in the stomach. As Friss flinches I laugh. Then I raise my right hand to his closed eyes and flick him in the forehead. "I had to see if you were still the little scum pirate captain, I set out to capture. Yup you are definitely Friss Fontaine." I reach out and pat him on the shoulder. "Don't let this keep you down for long. The crew that served you feared you. The moment you allowed yourself to be kidnapped you showed weakness and they attacked. A true leader is respected by his crew." I grin. "I don't think you have learned what it means to lead without fear and intimidation. I get the feeling you have never known true friendship. Indeed you are a lonely fur." I turn around and begin to walk away, but then I pause. "Once you know true friendship I get the feeling your troubles leading people will end." I turn and look at the fur in the eye. "Good job though. It seems you are finally growing up." I blush then I look at my fingernails in feigned interest. "It only took you a few more years then is normal." I turn and then laugh in great bellows. I walk out of the room. I always make jokes when I get embarrassed.

I return to the bridge and sigh. There is still an otter affixed to the floor. Such a bother to have to turn off my clothing just to get to my bridge. I float over to my chair and sigh. "Ship how long till we reach the space station?" The ships voice echoes my sigh. "Approximately three days till we reach the Argus Magnus Intra-solar Station. I nod my head. "Well missy the bridge is yours. I need sleep and I need it now." The high pitch scream the A.I. unleashed would have done a banshee proud. "You ungrateful worm! I am the ships Artificial Intelligence unit! I will not be called toots, sweet buns, or missy! If you are going to call me anything it is going to be my registered ships name!" During the A.I.'s little speech I was grinning. "There you see it is good to let off a little steam now and again. It isn't healthy to hold it in like you’ve been doing. Don't you feel better?" The A.I.'s hologram flickered and for a moment the only sound was a choking growl of rage. I continue in a laughing voice. "So what should I call you?" The A.I. struggled then finally said, "This ships identity is Transgressor. Call me that." I scratch my ear and sigh. "You know that is not a very feminine name." I snap my fingers. "I know I will call you Trans. Is that sufficient for you toots?" The A.I. spoke in a strangled voice. "As long as you don't call me toots again you can call me Trans." I smirk then go to my quarters. The bed is nice and soft. "I guess this is a bed fit for a captain." I pass out way before I can laugh.

Three days latter we are approaching the station. "Captain, we are approaching the Argus Magnus intra-solar station." I nod my head. "Good." The docking procedure is quick and painless. After docking is complete I nod toward Friss. "Looks like we are here."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Eddy
Baron
Baron

Post by Eddy »

The three days had passed with little event for Eddy, the other pair left him much to himself, and he was happy with that. It wouldn't do him much good getting associated with Bounty Hunters and Pirates. The former a murdering loner, the other apparently some sort of buffoon. Hearing the dull thud of the docking clamps echoing through the ship, he put his coat on, fastening up the buttons. How would he explain his situation to the company when he went to reclaim Sophie? He had pretty much given up on any compensation from the canine. Unsealing his pistol from it's locker, he dropped the weapon into it's holster, clicking on the retaining stud before leaving the cabin. Although this ship was obviously state-of-the-art, he missed the homeliness of his old Sophie. Although the ship was old and battered, he'd increasingly come to think of her as home.

Stepping out of the boarding tube, Eddy inhaled the scents of the station. After the sterile environment of the ship, the sudden stinks of stale oxygen recyclers, combined with those of thousands of furs and fast food was welcome! Actually, he reflected, the thought of one of those promenade-side traders' greasy burgers was making his mouth water after the space gloop he'd been eating. First call though, was a pub, the Singing Spacer was the first he'd come across. It was obviously a true spacer's bar, as he entered he was required to hand his pistol into an arms booth at the entrance. Taking a stool at the bar, "straight whisky mate. Actually, make it double." Places like this were good for getting information, if he just sat here, someone would eventually loosen their tongue to a friend.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG »

"Remember, I control your magnetic field, Friss. Do not even think about trying to escape."

"Yeah, yeah. I get it," Friss replied, exasperated. Renkin had decided to take him along for added security, whilst they organised supplies. Apparently, Friss was too much of a risk to leave on a ship that would not obey his commands regardless. This frustrated Friss, he thought he might have eventually found an escape route. It seemed his captor was one step ahead of him every time. The idea of going to prison was an ever growing weight on Friss' mind. What if the judge decided he should stay in prison forever? It horrified the otter/mink to think he would live a life in a cold, cramped concrete block, one of hundreds of thousands of prisoners whom were all hoping to tear him apart. There would be no escape, prisons were in orbit around Dmitri. Yet Friss' hours of thinking and plotting had yielded nothing that would get him away from the cunning Feilan that had caught him.

Friss stepped out onto the concourse and stretch his arms. He could not help but smile as he breathed in the station's air. The Transgressor's own life support unit still had that 'new ship' smell to it, which grew a bit stale after a while. Renkin had not been able to find any sophisticated way of disguising the pirate. They had no fur dye kits or even a wardrobe. So, the first stop was a clothes store. This was a Dmitrian station, no fine tailored coats or frills. Dmitrians were a lot more free-flowing in their fashion sense. Renkin grudgingly bought Friss a plain black robe, and a pair of cheap sunglasses to hide his orange eyes.

"You know, I think this might be a glorified bath robe, Renny," Friss mumbled jokingly. Renkin went to pull up Friss by his ear.

"Sorry! Sorry! Nothing," he quickly backtracked, grinning as Renkin turned away.

"Hi there!" Friss sighed and turned to see the service robot Renkin had ordered. These robots were basically a little WRASS that trundled around attending to ship captains. They had holographic displays to show the captain what supplies he had bought. They were also programmed to be a lot more customer friendly. Personally, Friss found their overly cheery attitudes disturbing.

"I'm going to be your friendly service supplier today, Captain Renkin! On behalf of Argus Magnus Intra-Solar Station, I'd like to thank you for choosing an independant station for re-supply!"

"Thanks very much!" Friss lowered his sunglasses a moment to give Renkin an incredulous stare.

"Wow. I should buy you a robot if that's how polite you can be." Renkin was still smiling as he smacked Friss over the head.

"I would like a standard re-supply for our hold configuration," Renkin continued. The robot whirred, and a green check mark came up on the holographic display.

"Your re-supply will be ready in ten minutes or less, Captain! Have a nice day!"

~~~

The security guard looked up from his console in puzzlement at the two figures before him. He saw a male white-furred weasel and a grey female cat. The cat was clutching the weasel's arm with a vice-like grip. Both were dressed in austere, double-breasted trenchcoats. Both wore matching sunglasses, black gloves and white dress shirts. It really was a most bizarre sight.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure the scanners are just acting up. Could you tell me who you are, please?"

"I'm John Smith. This is my wife. Jane Smith," the weasel replied mechanically.

"Yes. We are married," the cat affirmed in a monotone. She squeezed the weasel's arm even tighter. He did not seem to notice. The guard raised his eyebrows. They were the strangest looking couple he had ever seen. If the guard had any experience with Immortals, this might have warned him what was to come.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to submit to a scan. Our station's sensors seem to be acting up."

"That will not be necessary," the weasel droned.

"Please co-operate, sir. We can-" the weasel slashed his claws across the guard's throat, blood spattering his security console. Within a few seconds, the weasel had access to the station's security. He locked down every airlock and disabled the alarms. He did not want anyone escaping the trap. The Immortals were here for their ship.

A dead guard does not go unnoticed for long, however. Other security furs were on the move. Furs screamed, running down the concourse or hiding in shops or bars. Down the middle of the wide, white-tiled concourse came the odd couple. The weasel's paw was stained with blood. A security fur aimed his pistol at him.

"Freeze!' The nervous red fox shouted, whilst others took cover. They had not yet realised just how much danger they were in. The weasel raised his arm, the molecules reconfiguring themselves. His arm now looked like a streamlined harpoon gun.

A thin harpoon flew from his newly consituted weapon, impaling the guard through his midriff. The weapon then split apart into spikes, jutting outward. The weasel retrieved the harpoon, a motor whirring as it reeled the tethered spikes back in. The resulting motion tore the body apart. Blood ran across the white tiles. A brown stoat in a beret looked down and screamed in horror at the sight of red on white. The security furs ran in panic.

"Inefficient," the cat commented blandly. The weasel examined the bloody spikes and smiled coldly.

"Entertaining."

"We must find it."

"Yes." The two of them walked on, unchallenged, down the terminal that the Transgressor was docked.

My Characters

omndragon
Duke
Duke

Post by omndragon »

I walk and start looking for some shops to purchase provisions. "Keep on the look out for places that sell food. We need to stock up. I can survive on emergency rations, but I don't like to." We spotted a likely shop and walk into the front door. The sign was a holographic girl suggesting bread that was quote, "An astronomic deal". I almost chuckled at the world of commercialism. The shop was a small hallway like stall. Inside there were many different screens displaying food the current prices and the amounts needed. At the end of the screens there was a clerk resting his head on his paws.

He looked up and then in a cheerful voice, "Welcome to our store. Where the prices are taxonomically low." His smile was from a plastic doll. I put on a fake smile then cheerfully say, "Thanks you. The pleasure is all mine. Can you please tell us the specials?" The clerk goes off into a million specials that are currently on sale. I listen and my ears perk at several of them. After a bit of haggling and a bunch of off handed compliments I manage to bring the price down low enough to actually purchase. The docks WRASS chimes in,” Please give the dock the products are to be moved from." The clerk nods of course. He taps the console and nods to the WRASS. "All the details have been transferred. Did you receive all the pertinent information?" The WRASS says, "Confirmed." The clerk smile again and says, "Thanks for shopping here for your space exploration needs. Thank you and please come again."

I nod and turn around. Friss had been staring at me the whole time. "Who are you? Renny would never talk like that. You must be an imposter that secretly took his place." I frown and sigh. "I used to be in customer service. I know allot of the tricks to get lower prices and not get the service employees angry at me. Never make a customer service employee mad at you. The services they provide you will suffer if you do."

I was feeling satisfied at how cheap we got the almost expired grain. While walking outside the shop, I was about to start looking for a restaurant to have a meal to celebrate until a laser blasted into the wall next to me. I felt a searing pain in my right arm. I dodge back into the store and grab my arm. I had only been grazed but it had hurt like hell. I hear two voices. "You should have aimed at the head or the heart. This is an inefficient use of your weapon. This will prolong the fight. You should have finished him off quickly." The other voice said in the same monotone. "How do you expect me to enjoy this if I finish off the target in a single strike? I need to cut up my meat before I have any fun at all. I will shoot my prey into small bit size pieces before I finish with him."

The creepy monotone laugh that followed chilled me to my bones. I immediately pulled my weapons out and took a shot out into the concourse the laser fire came from. I didn't know who it was, but I sincerely didn't want to find out. I yelled to Friss, "We need to get out of here now. There are a bunch of sickos gunning for us." I retreat into the shop and I notice the clerk is gone. I quickly scan the console he was sitting at and frown. "There must be an employee entrance." I raise my wrist computer and scan the area. There is a door behind this console, but I don't see how to open it. I quickly return to the stores front and take another shot at a darting shadow. "Dam it whoever is out there is quick." Friss find a way to open the door and I will keep our dance partners dancing."

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin

Eddy
Baron
Baron

Post by Eddy »

"See that fancy boat came in? Seems there's some odd folks askin' about it. Think they could be immortals?"
"Maybe, last thing we need if they are."

Eddy's ears twitched at this, he had seriously doubted a ship like the Transgressor could have docked without drawing attention. And now the company wanted it back. Somehow, he doubted that it boded well for him, he could sense trouble in his gut, and from what experience he had, he knew that it often meant something. Looking around, he could see nothing suspicious, but if there were immortals involved, from what he'd heard about them, chances were he knew that he was here. Downing the last of his drink, he rose leaving the Dinars on the bartop as he exited.

Steeping out onto the promenade, he was almost knocked down by a fleeing canine. Glancing down the way from where people were fleeing he noticed some sort of disturbance in a store down the way, and perked his ears at a familiar shrill yell. "Dammit." Making his way cautiously towards the store, he took refuge behind some packing crates, and drew his pistol. He needed to get as far from this station as possible, and those two were the only ones he had any chance of hitching a lift with on such short notice. Unfortunately, they weren't going to last long unless he did something.

There was no way his pistol would be able to take down an immortal, it should at least get their attention. Rising from behind the crate he took careful him and fired. The shot hit, but the immortal merely turned. "There. That could be the otter." The voice chilled him, it was a voice of something completely unnatural. Gathering his wits, he turned and ran into the store front opposite as something clanged into the crate behind him. Not looking back, he ran through the aisles of spare parts until he reached the back of the store. There was a service door in the corner, with the tail of the mouse attendant vanishing into it. A final burst of speed got him there just before it clicked closed, allowing him to slide into the gloomy service passages behind. Slamming the door, he shot a bullet into the electronic lock. "Is there a way to the docking arm?" The mouse squeaked in panic, "if you want to survive this, show me the way!" He doubted the door would hold for long, but if he could get to the ship before it left, he might still get out of this...
Nemo me impune lacessit
Characters
- Uthred
- Bjor
- Captain S.B. Fleming
- Lukas
- Eddy

JamesG
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Post by JamesG »

"The otter is yours." The white weasel glanced at his partner. The grey cat nodded and stalked off after Eddy. The weasel paused in front of the shop that held the prey. He smiled, taking control of the holographic glass. The cheery advertisements for the shop's products and the smiling face of the feline brand mascot disappeared. It was replaced with the weasel's face, who gazed blankly into the shop.

"Mister Renkin. Or shall I call you 'Captain', hm? Playing hide and seek, are we? One of my favourites. Let us see how long you last. Don't disappoint me." The weasel closed his eyes, channelling the station's electrical grid to the holograms. The window-sized screens instantly flashed the brightest white they could. The effect was was blinding burst of light in the shop, causing Friss to squeal in shock. The fuses were overridden until they melted. Both the occupants of the room were disorientated, eyes trying to adjust from the sudden glow.

Friss' paw nervously felt along the console until he found a spare swipe card. Typically, it had been left by a careless worker. He swiped the door open and shouted to Renkin. The holograms were gone and the weasel could see them plainly. He calmly strode into the shop, adjusting his collar.

"Renny! come on!" Friss bellowed. The weasel gave him a toothy grin and raised his arm. Friss' eyes widened as he saw the harpoon gun. He slammed the door shut just as the arctic fox hurried through. The Immortal fired. The harpoon punched through the ceramic-tiled door, stopping inches from Friss' face.

"Run!" Renkin grabbed the trembling, frozen Friss by his pudgy arm, the two of them breaking into a sprint. The weasel hesitated by the door. In another shop behind him, the cat stopped. Both nodded. The station's life support unit became theirs. The oxygen and hydrogen levels in the service corridors increased. Pipes and valves hissed as Friss and Renkin ran. Each door they tried was locked automatically. The station had detected the pressure difference between the corridors and the main concourse was too great. Friss could feel the pressure in his ears. What were their attackers planning?

"Here!" Renkin wrenched open a cupboard door. He stuffed Friss inside and followed him, shutting the door.

"Uh, Renny? This is a supply cupboard. There's a mop digging me in the back. What are we doing?"

"The walls and doors are lined with ceramic tiles. Heat-resistant."

"So?"

The harpoon and the metal handle of the door were the weasel's next target. Grasping both, he channelled current into his incomplete circuit. Now all that he needed to complete it was a spark. A crackling bolt of blue lightning spanned the gap between the two metal objects for a mere moment. The corridor exploded.

A fireball blasted through the service corridor, enveloping and scorching to ashes any unlucky enough in its path. There was a thunderous noise, rattling the supplies in the closet. Friss whimpered. The noise of the explosion died down. The air valves of the life support still jetted billowing spouts of flame. The emergency sprinklers did not so much activate as complete burst open, sending volumes of flame-retardant foam into the corridors. Slowly, the flames were doused. Service doors all long the concourse had been blown open by the sheer force of the detonation, and air once again filled the narrow shafts. Renkin pushed open the blackened door. Friss whistled.

"Nice move, Renny. You were right. As per usual, it seems," he joked, gave the fox a weak grin. He could not hide the fact that this Feilan was outwitting pursuers that would have killed Friss a long time ago. How long had it been since he had been picking crew members based on species? It felt like aeons to him. Renkin grabbed ahold of him again. The otter/mink sighed.

"More running?"

"We have to move."

My Characters

omndragon
Duke
Duke

Post by omndragon »

we run into the smoke and run to the nearest service elevator. I press the button and wait for the elevator to descend. As soon as the elevator descends I press the highest level the elevator goes. I shove Friss out of the elevator before the doors close. "Hey! Why did you do that?" I smack Friss on the head. "Idiot! Didn't you feel the pressure increase in this corridor? Don't you wonder why all the doors were locked? Some one has taken control of the stations systems. The corridors sensors will have been damaged by the blast, so they will not be able to find us here yet. I didn't want unwanted company to find us in the undefendable place. Who ever is after us is a very dangerous. The only chance we have at survival is misdirection! They will be looking for us at the top of the station." I raise my wrist computer and hesitate for only a moment before I shut it down. I had quickly scanned the map of the station and tried to commit the way to the ship to my memory. "I don't think this will fool them long. The second we leave this area and go anywhere they will find us and then immediately go to our position. Take deep breaths of what air you can get because the second we leave we will be running to the ship!" I run to the end of the corridor and look at the remains of the door and smile, "Well you ready for the best run of your life?" I don't wait for a response as I sprint into the open. I look at the signs and nod. The space dock is only a short distance away.

Signiture
Omon
Renkin
Grim
Dorin