A backdrop of Stars (closed. racken, asry, oz and me only)

This is where all of the Age of Space role-plays are archived.
Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion
Species: Ferx

Re: A backdrop of Stars (closed. racken, asry, oz and me onl

Post by Rackenhammer »

The comments on his blade, Baxter let pass. It was not by any means a work of one fur's dedicated craft, but the metal was good and the machine calibrated. Anything more would have been to him wasting money on prestige instead of service, which violated what passed for the feline's morality.

The pheremones, however, did draw comment, as well as a rebreather mask from Baxter's pocket. "You are not the only one who has sustained loss by trust." He went through the door, closing and locking it himself via his pendant. The action naturally drew his attention to Catalina's own. *Interesting. I wouldn't have pegged her as part of the raver crowd.*

The interview began as both felines faced each other, each outwardly calm. "You have gone to great lengths to secure my attention and arouse my curiosity. What is it that you want to tell me?" The best way to begin this, he felt, would be to put the ball in her court. After all, if she hadn't been so disruptive, she wouldn't have earned this early interview. It gave the interviewee a sense of control, which could be used later to gain cooperation. Hopefully, it would at least calm her down.
Be Humble in Yourself, but Adamant in the Truth.

Discord: PrinceBlueblood#8840
All my characters in their insane length

Sponsor

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Sakura listened, trying to catch as much of the conversation between Catalina, and Baxter as she could before the door was shut and it was no longer possible to catch any of it. Sakura still wondered about Catalina, something about the large feline still struck her as just a little off, but she couldn't put her finger on it. She sat and mulled over the idea for a while, she had been friendly but seemed to flip to frothing rage in an instant. Sakura shook her head to herself, maybe she would try to find a chance to talk to Catalina herself, if she could, later.

She shifted her attention to App, and noticed a bit of tension in her younger friend. She frowned for a moment, wondering if it was just youthful impatience or if he had something on his mind. Either way, Sakura decided that she wanted to give him a bit of a distraction. She reached into one of her pockets, and rummaged around, finding several titanium nuts, and pulled them out. She began juggling the nuts with a smile, and gave App a light nudge to get his attention. Once it seemed that nobody was paying attention to the pair of Dmitrians, she whispered "watch." and moved her hands to her sides, and watched the nuts continue spin in their circle. She flashed a grin as she waited for App's reaction.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

(Posting for OZ again)

App was so lost in his musings he didn’t notice what Sakura was doing until she nudged him. He watched the spinning nuts in a distracted manner, recognizing a pattern of movement, but not really intent on what was happening.

"Watch."

All at once, the young hybrid sat straight up—they were moving on their own! He glanced around the hanger to be sure that no one else noticed this impossible feat.

He looked at Sakura, unable to form a coherent thought. “Wha—how—huh?”

Catalina Tamiko
King
King
Species: Feline-Tiger/Panther

Post by Catalina Tamiko »

Catalina's eyes narrowed. "I have lost far more than you in my long life little man. I have seen more than you ever will and I pray no one has to see what I saw ever again." She leaned against the remains of a desk. She closed her eyes at his comment. "My original intent was not to draw your attention. More so the pheromones were so that everyone would continue to disreguard my entire presence. But seeing as you...." she noticed him looking at her pendant, "have placed you attention on me, I will tell you a few things. I'm old. And I'm tired. I asked for this assignment after retirement because it got me away from the blasted planet. It got me away from general population. It let me come where I can close my eyes at night and sleep. I wanted this position. I've done a lot in my long life. I've seen the governments change paws so many times I lost count. I've served each as best as I could. I've been hurt more than I care to remember. I'm the last living fur of my bloodline. There are no more once I die, if that ever comes."

Standing up she towered over him and glared down at him. "You can ask what questions you want. Just bare in mind the answers will not be pleasant. And more so will the ideas you get from me. I'm the last of a dying breed. Well trained and well tested. I was killing in my infancy. You wouldn't even register on my conscience." with her threat over, she reclined back and watched him. With the mask on she couldn't get a read on his face. But her nose worked perfectly, as did her other senses. If he tried to lie, she'd know. His pendant was no problem. One well placed flick of her wrist was enough to put that out of his reach.

The feline didn't notice her own amulet. It flickered, as if responding to her anger. The sapphire gem in the center pulsing softly.

Derigo got as close to the bay as he could. THere were more guards now and he was known. If he tried to get any closer, he was going to get unwanted attention. He did the only thing he could. he moved to a storage closet, went inside and locked the door. He sat to wait. He was quiet, calm outwardly. but inside he was as jittery as a bag of bees.
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

My Cast of critters. (INCOMPLETE) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6514

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Catalina had succeeded in doing what few furs had done: defy categorization in the mind of R. Baxter. His was a mind analytical, used to dealing with discrete, if exact, quantities. But if Catalina's remarks were to be taken seriously, he felt, that could only mean that she was far older than any fur had a right to be. An Immortal, in fact.

So far, that was familiar. In fact, it was the entire purpose of his audit to find where such had infiltrated the station. Only, if Catalina was a member of the Immortals Club, why would she practically admit that to a person who was, by official appointment, dedicated to their eradication?

There was another possibility, somewhat tactlessly suggested by his first question. "When was your last psych evaluation, Miss Tamiko?"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Sakura's grin widened as she watched App react almost exactly as she had expected. She hadn't been actively keeping this particular ability of hers secret from him, but she had never really found a good way to bring it up either.

"telekinesis" she said quietly as she tapped her head. "part of being a genetic experiment I suppose...never figured out if it came from the draconic DNA or from the modifications my father made." she explained. "It can be quite useful though, especially if nobody else knows about it." As she spoke she continued to watch to make sure nobody was paying attention to them, and the nuts went from spinning in a circle to a figure eight, then to them orbiting around one like an atom.

after a few more moments, she held out a hand, and dropped them all into her hand. she looked at the door that separated Baxter and Catalina from the rest of the station, and wondered to herself how much longer their talk was going to be. "maybe we should see if we can get someone's attention and get permission to familiarize ourselves with the rest of the station." she commented

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

(Posting for Oz again)

App never took his eyes from the spinning bits of metal as Sakura explained. “I can see what you mean about it being a handy skill if no one else knows about it.” Again, he found himself privately marveling that the two of them had grown so close in a relatively short amount of time—how much they trusted each other.

He thought about Sakura’s theories as to where this strange ability came from. “Could be either,” he said quietly. “All the legends you hear about dragons—well, some of the stories are pretty impressive, if you know what I mean. Then again, how much of the legends are truth?” App shook his head slowly. “Either way, it’s pretty cool.”

"Maybe we should see if we can get someone's attention and get permission to familiarize ourselves with the rest of the station."

“Good idea,” was the immediate response, and the young hybrid found himself looking around or Kuril—though he admittedly didn’t know about how many strings the friendly Feilan could pull, or what sort of authority he had.

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina snickered, "Six days, twelve hours, forty-seven minutes ago. I am not crazy. And I'm not one of you so called "Immortals Club". I'm even older dear....they were hundreds of years. My life is measured in thousands." Just to prove her point she leaned right down to his face, and eyes gazed through the mask into his. "I was walking this world before your kind even realized there was more than one way to...." Her amulet flared to life, flooding the whole station with bright blue lights, each containing an image from her past and some from the more recent events. Catalina stood and looked around. "show me..." she said. The images all began to display the same thing. The Amulets of her family. Gems each as big as a fist, clear as glass and filled with energy. And each was missing from their resting places.

Catalina waved her paw. Her mind now elsewhere. "So....someone found them and was stupid enough to remove them...." She rubbed her chin, glancing at the feline, then back to her carvings on the walls. "Open the doors, let me leave. I have an emergency to take care of. If you won't do it willingly, I'll just cut that thing off your neck and do it myself. There are no other options little kitty."

Derigo was standing close to an auxiliary door for the docking bay. He was preparing himself for a run when the images flooded the station. He stood staring. The images he saw were amazing, though some darker than he could have imagined. Entire cities in flames, and only one cubi left in the aftermath to walk away like she didn't exist. Ships torn to bits in mid flight, important people having "accidents". He knew she used to kill for a living, but even this was beyond what he had imagined. Licking his lips as the images of the amulets took over, he reached out as if he could touch them. "Sweet mother of Shiba....those must be worth a fortune....."
With power comes responsibility. With responsibility comes duty. With duty comes honor. With honor comes shame......

There is no purpose in denying that you know nothing in the grand scheme of things. In an effort to prove otherwise, you would simply go mad.

To gaze at the Elder Scroll is to look into both the past, and the future, all possibilities of each, all at the same time, and believe that each, even the false ones, are all true, all at the same time.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Baxter's brain ingested all the information given to it by Catalina, and promptly vomited. *There is no possible way any competent inspector would have given a passing grade to this obvious lunatic. Not only does she threaten massacre unprovoked, but expects me to believe these delusional statements? Hm, the pheromones would certainly have aided in passing this deception...*
He nodded to himself, keeping his thoughts internal. Of course, it all made sense. Von Drake station had an attraction for the less than sane, as it was a convenient place to put inconvenient furs. As long as they didn't make trouble, no one asked questions. Of course, that also made it the perfect hiding place for infiltrators, as everyone here had gotten into a habit of not asking questions.

And then Catalina's pendant began it's holographic display. The inspector viewed it calmly, used and jaded to similar technological wonders and capabilities. He peered at the tigress over his spectacles in a condescending way when she threatened him. "All crystalcomms worth the money are DNA-locked, as you well know. I should like a more clear and sane explanation than you have so far been willing to give. If you will not be cooperative, my position and duty will force me to be interfering. Any significant emergency is very much my business to know about."

~***~

Kuril noticed App looking around for him. "Feel like getting the run of the station, lad?" He asked, his manner frank and friendly as ever. "Don't know the place much myself, so I guess I'll tag along with you. Might be no bad thing to know where the infirmary is, especially if they," He cocked his head towards the 'interview room,' "Come to blows. My boss is an Auditor, not a diplomat."

The canine gave hearty laugh, and set off in an expeditionary manner. As the main door seemed crowded, he headed for one of the auxiliary doors, so as not to take a Dmitrian through an uncomfortable crowd.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Sakura chuckled softly as App spoke of the legends that spun about dragons. "well it is said that every legend grows from a seed of truth, it's just hard to figure out which part was that seed" she commented with a grin, a slight blush darkening her scales at the compliment App paid before he got up, and started looking for Kuril.

Sakura got to her feet behind App and followed her friend over to Kuril. She put on a friendly smile as Kuril looked up. She listened quietly as Kuril spoke. "Hello, I'm Sakura. I don't think we've met yet" She said as she started to hold out a hand, then stopped herself and pulled it back, rubbing it on her hip as if she didn't know for sure what to do with it as her smile turned sheepish. "so, do you mind if I ask what your part is in all of this?" she asked as Kuril led them through an auxiliary door into the station proper. "you sure there's going to be anything left if it comes to blows in that room?" she asked, half serious as they walked.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

(Posting for Oz)

App had been about to make introductions, but Sakura had beaten him to the punch, introducing herself. Still, he couldn’t help adding, “This is Kuril, the one I was talking to while you and Baxter…” he trailed off, gesturing towards the ship, since wasn’t quite sure what had actually happened.

"Feel like getting the run of the station, lad?"

“That’s the plan, at any rate. Since it looks like we’ll be here for a while, might be best to know where things are.”

"Don't know the place much myself, so I guess I'll tag along with you.”

App nodded his welcome, noting gratefully as they set off, that Kuril steered them clear of most other Feilans. Still, he could feel the glances tossed their way, but he did his best to pay them no heed.

While Sakura and Kuril conversed about the results if Catalina and Baxter began fighting, App noticed an unusual figure by the auxiliary doors. *Is that a unicorn?* Then he reminded himself: *Well, you’re traveling with a dragon!*

He nodded politely and a bit distractedly, because Catalina’s little ‘light display’ began at that moment, and the young hybrid felt his jaw drop. It all went by so fast, he couldn’t take it in. “What—” He began when he could speak again, “what was that!?”

Catalina Tamiko
King
King

Catalina growled softly, "As you so wish it mortal." She stepped back to the center of the room and clapped her paws together. "Brace yourself child...This hasn't been seen in over 200 years." She spread her paws, easily touching the side walls. Instantly all the runes lit up. Ceiling, floor, all four walls. Everything glowed with an unnatural light no technology could ever replicate. The office also seemed to flood with shadows where the runes did not touch. Catalina's body shifted, getting taller, her muscles bulging and rippling, her curves becoming more pronounce. Then the ugly part. Wings tore through her already stretched suit, ripping it apart and spearing at least twelve feet, easily denting the metal walls. Her head wings shot up, then her horns sprouted, curving down and coming to her cheeks. razor sharp at the tips, thick as the feline's wrists at the base.

Her eyes flared with white light, that dimmed to a burning blue glow. her shoes burst open, unable to expand with her growth. Her mechanical parts shattered and were replaced with crystalline like replicas. her suit tattered suddenly caught fire and burned off in seconds. Then the same crystalline armor covered her boy. As the light show faded, the woman stood at her full size. "I am...Dutchess Catalina Tamiko, Ruler of Tamiko County of the Realm of Inferno. Priestess of Shiba herself." The succubus towered now, a full 10 ft tall, easily over 300 lbs. The office was never designed to contain a creature of her size. The ceiling and walls were bent and distorted from her size alone.

In the station, every electronic device had malfunctioned. Gravity had shifted lightly, making everyone heavier for a moment. As everything began to stabilize once more, several systems were screaming alarms. Most of them were detectors for energy forms. All were blaring violently, and one was even in critical. Catalina took a step toward Baxter, and her paw shifted, coming even with his face, palm open and aimed right at him. "I don't have time for your nonsense mortal...But this is the emergency. My family were all very powerful, I the most. We all had amulets like mine, and when they died I sealed each amulet in their burial places on Feila. Someone has taken them from their resting places. These amulets can generate power on a scale of thousands of Battleships. And each has different powers. You can either stand aside, or die trying to stop me. But I am leaving this station immediately. You can go of your own freewill or in a pine box." She glared at him, but a rueful smile passed her lips, revealing the large fangs behind them, "Now...are you "keeping calm?" she whispered, making a pun at him from his own earlier comment.

Derigo licked his lips, wondering just what to do. He looked at the door, and then toward the hall. No guards near him for the moment. But Cat's little display would bring them running soon enough. He had to think fast. He knew it would take him about two minutes to get hsi ship ready for flight. at least another three to get all weapons online and ready for a fight. The core was shielded, so he didn't worry about it being hurt by that energy pulse. What worried him were the cockpit computers. He always left them on in case he needed to make a fast exit.

His ship was swift. Four main propulsion jets, two on pillions that moved to steer the ship. He could out maneuver the big battleships. The smaller ones he could out gun if he absolutely had too. In all his years he had managed to avoid getting a bounty on his head. He knew that now, breaking cat out of the station, he certainly would draw attention. He was trying to decide if it was worth the life debt he owed her. She was beautiful, and terrifying. He could only imagine what she was fully capable of. It was now or never. He reached for this PDA, preparing to activate the circuit break. It would put the sub tunnels in darkness and draw attention from him for about five minutes, he hoped. He just needed a signal that Cat was able to make it. BUt with that contengent of guards right outside the door, he wondered if even she could just waltz out. He had only seen her going against a couple of pirates before. Not fully trained and armed guards. And never this many.

Rackenhammer
Spanish Scion
Spanish Scion

Post by Rackenhammer »

Kuril had a wide smile as he greeted Sakura. "I am what you may call Baxter's diplomat. I pour oil upon the waters that the Audit troubles." He started off through the corridors, explaining his position to the two Dmitrians, or rather the one Dmitrian, who naturally didn't know much about the office.

"Not many think about it these days, but both Feila and Dmitri are both fighting the same thing, and almost came to war by forgetting about the Club. The Auditors are our answer to all subversive influences by that body; I confess I don't know so much about Dmitri. How do your people fight Immortal influence?" His friendly curiosity was, however, shortly interrupted by a dazzling display of lights displayed all throughout the station.

"Was there a hallucinogen in those pheremones?" The canine wondered aloud, echoing the thought of many in the station.

Baxter as well was of nearly the same mind, though he continued to gaze through his spectacles at the transformed Catalina with the exact same air of reproach. Given the enormous shift in sensation from the eyes, ears, and balance, that maintained mildness was rather impressive in it's own right. It recalled earlier officers of his country, whose composure was legendarily maintained in the most chaotic of circumstances...

"I still don't know if you're mad, I am rather beginning to suspect that I'm mad, or at least hallucinating. Perhaps it is your pheremones. Regardless, I have my own duties to pursue and uphold. Therefore I cannot, with due propriety, allow-"

But it seemed the universe did not care what Baxter would or would not allow any more than Catalina, for at that moment the stress she put on the weakened circuits made them fail at last, and a huge swath of Von Drake Station was put under emergency power, and plunged into a dingy twilight of emergency illumination.

Also, the doors opened, revealing the startled guards, caught for just a moment off-balance.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Sakura listened with interest as Kuril explained his position in Baxter's crew. She thought to herself that it made sense for Baxter to keep a more diplomatic member. as it was, Baxter himself wasn't winning any awards in that department anytmie soon. Sakura had watched the display with some fascination, but shook her head when Kuril asked the obvious question. "I doubt it" she replied as she looked around. "it's highly unlikely that any hallucinogens would affect us all at the same time, let alone in the exact same way. Which I'm guessing that if we compare notes, we all saw the same thing." She looked at App. "At the same time, I've got no idea at the moment what it actually was. I can't find any evidence of any projectors" she looked around again, and that was about the time that it seemed that just about everything on the station went haywire all at once.

She stood there in the dim emergency lights and all questions about the light show flew from her mind as more immediate problems reared their heads. "that can wait though, I think we should head to engineering." she said as she took off down the corridor, mapping out the station as she went. She used all she had learned of engineering, and what she had see of other station schematics to lead the group to what she determined to be the most likely location of the main engineering station.

osprey77
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Black Cat/Raven

Post by osprey77 »

((ooc: Sorry for the delay, been a bit tired since the move.))

To say that App was having an interesting day would be an understatement of mammoth proportions. Part of him marveled that he wasn’t going mad—part of him wondered if he already had. And still, there was a voice in his head that said that he was enjoying the adventure.

Then the lights went off.

Or, rather, the station switched to emergency power, and Sakura changed courses to head to engineering. App turned on his heel to follow her, wondering in the back of his head what good he would be when they got there. Shoving that thought aside, he began to trot after the dragon eyes constantly darting around, though what he was looking for—escape or opportunity—he couldn’t quite say.
"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C. S. Lewis

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere."
C. S. Lewis

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"
C. S. Lewis

All my Characters:
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5253