Living Out the Golden Age (the seas, mainly around Edwin)

This is where all of the Age of Revolutions role-plays are archived.
zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Living Out the Golden Age (the seas, mainly around Edwin)

Post by zen_dharia »

The sky was blue and the tides were high on this warm summer day in the port town of Scarborough. It was mid-day and the townsfolk were busy at work. The port was lively today, as a small fleet of Mazan trade galleons had docked, their wakes peppered with Yamahan junk ships. It was the perfect day to open up shop in the market.

The day was not a happy one, however. Not for Clayton White.

The white tiger sat in misery and woe in the tavern near the docks, half gone on rum and his sorrows full-fledged. He longed for his dear friend and father figure who had disappeared months ago. The fur, a muscular and rugged tiger with a scar over his left eye, was far from the type expected to be taken by such feelings, yet he was forced into war with his welling tears. The more he thought about the events of 8 months ago, the more clearly the flashback played in his head...

"Elias McCreed-" started an Edwinish official holding a parchment. He was interrupted by the captive at the gallows, noose around his great neck.

"CAPTAIN Elias McCreed!" shouted the liger. He was clapped in irons specially crafted for him in his immense size. He was an astounding giant of a beast with rusty stripes adorning his ash fur.

"By order of His Royal Highness," the officer continued in an annoyed tone,"The King of Edwin, you have been found guilty of acts of theft, kidnapping, smuggling, murder, attacking innocent folk, attacking officers of the Royal Navy of Edwin, attacking ships of the Royal Navy of Edwin, and piracy."

Before he could continue, he was again interrupted by McCreed. "I think "piracy" pretty much sums up all that mess." he said, getting a single chuckle from a faceless member of the audience. The laugh was silenced the instant heads began to turn towards the source.

The official cleared his throat loudly and continued, "You have been sentenced, by Royal Decree, to hang by the neck until you are dead. Have you any lasts words?" he asked, happy to watch his eventual death.

"Aye!" he bellowed at the end of the question, "I have but one... Dear Lord! What is that?!" he exclaimed looking to the skies.

The oldest trick in the book worked and everyone turned to the empty air. The 7'2" pirate jumped in the air and kicked the officer off the gallows, which were raised to accommodate his stature, broke free of his shackles, and proceeded to launch the other officers off the platform, grabbing the bayonet-armed rifle of one and using it to cut the rope that threatened to seal his demise. He jumped down to the ground, killing an officer as he landed foot-first on his back, and barreled through the crowd towards the port. Muskets fired overhead as he dashed through the shipyard and hopped onto a small sloop as it was leaving, threatening the skipper's life if he stopped the ship.

He disappeared over the horizon before the ships of the Royal Navy could follow him and hasn't been seen or heard of since.

"Captain..." White said despondently to himself. He dropped his guard for a second, allowing a single tear to roll down his fur. He rubbed it away violently with the back of his wrist and slammed his empty mug on the table, roaring for "MORE RUM!"

Sponsor

The Crow
Baron
Baron
Species: Crow

Re: Living Out the Golden Age (the seas, mainly around Edwin

Post by The Crow »

A 7 foot crow came into the tavern, leather jacket flapping in the breeze. His pants were well worn, making him look like a steampunk, minus the goggles, which was replaced with a fedora. He was looking intently at a map, being held open by his hands, his left holding a strange compass, his right a fobwatch. He paid no attention to shouts of protest as he rushed through the tavern, pushing people out of his way. He eventually stopped next to Clayton, and looked up from the map at him, then back at the map. He then folded it away with the fobwatch and compass, and put a talon on Clayton's chair, and slid him, and his chair out of the crow's way. He then nabbed Clayton's beer and took a swig, then gave it back. "Cheers mate, wont be long now." he said, pulling the compass back out and looking at it.
The Arc Thaums: http://feila.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6247

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

zen_dharia
Baron
Baron

Post by zen_dharia »

The stranger surprised him. Clayton stood abruptly, knocking over his chair. He didn't quite know how to take the situation at hand. He wobbled a bit and grabbed onto the table for support. He paid the drink no mind now.

"What're you on about?" he slurred, still somewhat coherent, "Won't be long 'til what?"

This crow seemed like a friendly and/or carefree type, but the tiger kept a hand on his cutlass just in case. His flintlocks weren't on him at the moment.

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

"Until my p-" there was a gentle tingle, and he pulled out the fobwatch, and grinned. "A pleasure doin buisness..." He then sat down and rested his feet on the table. "So, good sir, would you be interested in buying anything? Maybe some void chests for cargo, perhaps some void interfaces for conveniences? I've got some void compasses if you want, y'know, to find the Eldrich Monoliths?" he said to Clayton.

"I am a knight of Imagination, Creativity and hopefully, Inspiration. I shall yield to no boredom, and I will not allow this site to succumb to the darkness of Inactivity!"
~ Me.

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit

Post by RasHeart »

Kyeema smelled the air, laden with steam. "Ah... so glad that immortality spell worked." Her expression darkened. "Too bad Erellan's not here to share it."

TWO CENTURIES EARLIER
"Kyeema, I need you to channel your mana through the eastern set of talismans." Erellan commanded. His partner nodded, kneeling to put her hands on the two talismans.

"Alright, Erellan! I'm ready!" The hare put on some goggles, rolling up his sleeves. "Okay...now!" Mana coursed through the talismans, glowing bright white. "Uh.. something's not working, Kyeema!" The quetzal panicked. "Wh-What's wrong?!" Erellan tensed his shoulders. "I...I don't know!"

A loud sound, resembling a scream pierced the two's ears. "SPIRITS! I-it's a temporal rip!" Kyeema let got of the talismans, immediately stopping the flow of mana, but it was too late. He was gone.

Perhaps some void interfaces for conveniences? I've got some void compasses if you want, y'know, to find the Eldrich Monoliths?
Kyeema rolled her eyes. Another amateur. She decided to speak up. "Hey! The Eldrich Monoliths don't exist! Aand we all know that you use void compasses for tracking rips in space!"

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

Jack turned and saw Kyeema. "You've got to be bloody joking, thats the stupidest thing i've heard in my life! I've gotten into well over fifty Eldrich Monoliths, and each time the Void Compasses pointed me to them! So howabout you go LEARN about what your arguing about before you speak!" he shouted, picking up Clayton's beer and tossing it at her. He sat back down again. "Amateurs. Bloody useless." he grumbled. "Anyway, as I was saying, would you happen to be interested in? I've got a few crucibles in stock, but not for long!" he grinned.

~ Me.

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis

Post by RasHeart »

Kyeema was infuriated. "And what do you know about Void Studies?!" When Jack ignored her, she went to grab his shoulder, turning him around. "I know what I'm saying from experience! A friend of mine was lost experimenting on void energies!" A tear ran down her cheek when she mentioned that, but she still retained an angry expression.

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

"Void Studies?!" the crow laughed. "Its called Thaumology. And if you lost a loved one, you were either an idiot and either knocked them into a crucible, got them stuck in a Monolith Safe, or you squashed them." he replied, leaning back on his chair.

~ Me.

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis

Post by RasHeart »

Kyeema grabbed Jack's collar before he could sit, and propped his against a wall. "Thaumology! Whatever! I don't give a rat's ass about what it's called!" She raised a wheellock pistol to Jack's head. "Don't you ever say that again." She gave a deep scowl to the crow, studying his face. "Judging by your looks," She continued. "You've never lost anyone close."

The quetzal let go of Jack, aiming her pistol at his foot, shooting just an inch to the right. "You insensitive bastard. Don't you dare ever let me see you again."

The Crow
Baron
Baron

Post by The Crow »

Jack got up, drawing a rifle and holding it by the barrel. He swung it, striking Kyeema in the side of the head. He then flipped it and held it to her heart. "I may be insensitive, but I can assure you I've lost more than you have you pathetic woman. Where I come from, your wings would be clipped and you pushed off a cliff. Now shut up and get out of here before I do just that!" he shouted angrily.

~ Me.

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis

Post by RasHeart »

Kyeema swiped Jack's feet, felling him. She stood and grabbed his rifle, aiming it at his head, placing her talons across his neck firmly. "Now I can assure you, I come from the very same place."

One of the patrons in the bar looked at the quetzal inquisitively.He knew who she was. "HEY! Thart's Snowman! World-class brigand!" Everyone gasped, Snowman was here! Suddenly, the whole bar was against her, weapons up. They were going to kill her, get the 1250 guinea reward on her head.