mercs are the true worriors (Edwin and open)

This is where all of the Age of Musketeers role-plays are archived.
dragon51117
Assassin
Assassin
Species: Dragon

Re: mercs are the true worriors (Edwin)

Post by dragon51117 »

"What ever you say, O' Immortal One." Chuckling, not wanting to use up too much energy, Ryn begins walking behind Servare. He makes sure he has one hand behind his back, holding onto his bow in case anything happens. "So, what do you have anything to do with any of this?" Ryn quickly reaches into his pocket and pulls out a cross, kissing it before putting it back.
Scratch that, I'll do it bareback.

ImageImageImageImage

Sponsor

fox the cubi legend
Assassin
Assassin
Species: Incubus

Post by fox the cubi legend »

servare feels a chill down his spine, he turns his head half way and looks in your general direction "i sense an increase of faith... and your feremone level has also increased... you can take your hand off your bow, i will not hurt you, besides, in my condition you could probably hit me quite a few times before i hurt you... also to answer your question, i knew someone once, he was high up in the loyalist familly...but when the war started he betrayed our friendship and used me against the parlamentarians, when i found out, i left his side and tried helping the parlamentarians...turns out they were no better.... god it's like nobody has ever met another cubi... jesus, but yeah after that i decided to become a merc, nobody tells me what to do and nobody tells me how to do it. i go my own way, end of story" he looks back in front of him and keeps flying, noticing a small village in the distance "over there, it'll be nightfall by the time we get there, we had better get a room and see if there is any news on the war"
.,:;~:Never Stand Back And Watch Someone Suffer:~;:,.

it's times like this i wonder what Chuck Norris would do...oh yeah,
Image Image
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5404

ImageImageImageImage

dragon51117
Assassin
Assassin

Post by dragon51117 »

"Alright, sounds good." Ryn pulls the cross out one more time and takes a good look at it. Shrugging, considering he has never been the religious type, rips it off the chain and throws it to the side. "And that seems like a legitimate answer."

ImageImageImageImage

fox the cubi legend
Assassin
Assassin

after a couple of hours servare notices a familiar smell... "mmmm.... that smells familiar... can't quite put my finger on what it is but it reminds me of something...or someone..." he follows the smell and realises it is comming from a nearby cottage "keep going, head towards thee village, i'll go check this out... i'll be with your shortly" he smiles, nods and flies towards the cottage, as he gets closer he soon feels sleepy... his eyes grow weary and he flies slower and lower... his leggs drag alone the floor, soon he finds himself unable to stay awake and he falls unconcious, just as he was passing out he realised what the smell was and has a dream... it was an early summer morn, his mother was preparing breakfast, his father sitting near an open fire, servare walks closer to his mother, he smiled and yelled "good morning mum!" but there was no answer... he runs up to her, his smile now a frown, just a couple of feet away he says "m-mum? you ok?" but no answer... he grabs her arm and pulls, spinning her around to face him, her face was nothing more than bone and specks of flesh, her skin burnt, blood coverd her clothes and she fell to the floor, dead. servare runs out of the kitchen screaming, he runs to his father, kicking the door open he finds his father... with another woman... on the living room table, her clothes torn and wet, they both turn to him, servare yells "mums dead!" his father smiles and replies "i know son... isn't it great?" servare turns and runs out of the house, running into the wintery forrest, he kept running until he could run no more, the cold seeping in as he finds himself in the middle of nowhere... he tries to find his way to saftey but he grew tired...not long after he passes out onto the ground. he wakes up sweating "oh god....it was a dream....but that smell....it was the smell of buring flesh..." he curls up onto the floor, crying.

Image Image

ImageImageImageImage

dragon51117
Assassin
Assassin

Post by dragon51117 »

"Alright, whatever, dude." Seeing Servare go into the cottage, Ryn waits by a tree, expecting him to be out shortly, probably with someone else. Minutes went by, and he figured maybe it was more important than that. An hour past, and Ryn began to worry inexplicably. There's no way something got him. He's a cubi. They're practically unstoppable, he thinks to himself. Finally coming to a decision, Ryn gets up and runs into the cottage, bursting in with a flurry.

As he stands for a moment, he hears soft crying. Looking to the right, he sees Servare laying on the ground, balling. "Whoa, dude...Are you okay?"

ImageImageImageImage

fox the cubi legend
Assassin
Assassin

the door kicks in and servare jumps, he looks up to see ryn, he wuickly turns, not wanting someone to see him like this, he slowly stands and wipes his eyes, he points to the other room "go see for yourself" he walks out of the cottage, taking in the cool air, he leans against the cottage wall, looking up into the sky he says a short prayer, "mother...i wish i could have helped you, it's been hundreds of years but i will never forget you, your comforting smile, your always loving embrace... i was never scared when i was around you...i pray that you are happy up there... as for my father...when i find him i swear i will kill him for what he has done to you, i swear it upon my children, and my childrens children, i will NOT fail!" he feels his face get hot and tears stream down his face, he thinks back to what was in the cottage, a family...3 tied to chairs and set on fire, claw marks suggest they were still alive when burned, the 4th member was in a corner, killed by a thrust through the chest with a sword...his position suggests suicide... servare could relate to what happened to that family, but they are all at peace now, he had to keep going, he had to find his father and put an end to his tyranny, he notices ryn leave the cottage and he stands, he holds out his paw and offers ryn to take it "i can transfer my thoughts into you, you will see what i have seen and you will feel how i had felt"

Image Image

ImageImageImageImage

dragon51117
Assassin
Assassin

Post by dragon51117 »

Hesitating as he holds out the paw, Ryn looks at him for a moment. "But why? Is there something important?" Thinking for another moment, he reaches forward and grabs his paw. "Ah what the hell? Why not?" He tenses up, expecting some heavy stuff to flow into him. He focused his mind, wanting to see everything.

ImageImageImageImage

fox the cubi legend
Assassin
Assassin

Re: mercs are the true worriors (Edwin and open)

winds turn around them, the world slows and stops, everything fozen in mid-air, the smoke from the cottage, the birds in the distance, the sounds stop and servare's eyes glow a blinding blue, his wings stretch to full length, including his head-wings. servare's muscles all tense, his paw clamps shut onto yours, almost crushing it. his breath slows and flames erupt from around you both, engulfing them in a bubble, soon images appear around them, they start to move, memories come into life.

a child version of servare wakes up in his bed made of straw, his face bright and his smile large, he throws himself up out of bed and runs into the halway, he hears noises... moaning from another room, he was about to investigate when he smelled something good, tastey even, he spins around and runs towards the kitchen "good morning mum! whats for breakfast?! smells like your pork chops! hahaha that's for dinner though!" he bursts through the door then freezes....the kitchen was being swallowed by fire, he hears quiet wimpering and realises it's his mother "m-mum?! is that you?!" he hears a soft cry for help, he freezes on the spot...he is unable to move and tears rolls down his face "m-mum....g-gotta help her" he tries to run into the fire but yelps in pain and falls back "MUM!" he screams, his voice croaky because of his crying "i'll get dad!" he yells as he turns and runs towards his fathers room, it was locked, he bangs onto the door yelling "DAD! DAD HELP!" he feels a strange power corse through his arms and the door exploads, splinters rain through the room, his father was ontop of another girl... she looked... dorment, unconcious maybe, servare froze on the spot, knowing about intercourse he soon makes the connection and figures out his dad is cheating on his mum, his dad turns to face him, a broad smile across his face "now now son, go back to bed, this is just a dream" servare runs out of the room, tears dripping onto the floor, he runs back to the kitchen, he throws his arms up and charges into the fire, he soon finds himself surrounded by a body of water, in the middle was his mother, lying face down in the water, she had tried using her water magic to get rid of the fire but she was too injurd to do much more than creat a barrier, which seems to have failed.

he grabs her and pulls her head out of the water "p-please....please mum... don't die" she opens her eyes slightly, her face coverd in burns, unable to see anything of what she once was, she tries to smile but her muscles are burnt and destroyed, she stares into his eyes and vice versa, a tear rolls down her face as she whispers "i-....i lo-....lo-..." she is unable to finish her sentance as he eyes rolls back and her eyelids close, servare hugs her close, ignoring the intense pain all over his body as the flames close in on him, his arms coverd in burns and his clothing starting to catch alight, he was ready to die there and be with his mum again, but something moved him, something picked him up onto his feet and he heard a voice, it was so much like his mothers, she said "...run... this is not your destiny..." he smiles, knowing his mum was with him, he kisses her bodies forhead and says as he swings her over his shoulder "i love you mum, and i will make sure you get a buriel not a cremation" remembering his mothers wish of being buried, scared her spirit might be destroyed through fire, he runs further into the fire, he holds his arm infront of his face as he charges through a window, he crashes onto the floor, he calls for help but soon realises he breathed in too much smoke and he passes out, his last sight was his mum laying next to him, she was facing the otherway and she seemed...peacefull, asleep not dead, he smiles at the thought and lets go of reality, drifting into dreams and memories of all the fun the family had together.

the memory pauses, older servarestands above himself and his mother, he looks up at ryn and sways his arm, the memory fades and they soon find themselves back where they were before, not technically moving but sorta...awoken from the dream like state, servare dosn't speak one word, he simply turns, looks up, mutters a few words and walks towards the village (note his leg has fully healed now)

Image Image

ImageImageImageImage

dragon51117
Assassin
Assassin

Post by dragon51117 »

Ryn winced at the entire memory, trying not to look but catching every detail. As the fires blazed, he felt as if the fire was close enough to kill, but he did not burn. The sadness seen was strong enough to make another go insane, but he did not cry. As the memory faded away, Ryn watched as Servare turned the other direction and start walking. He could not conjure any words, nor could he move from the spot. He was stuck there, thinking about what he just saw. Why did he show me this? What does this have to do with anything? Ryn thought to himself. Looking back at Servare walking away, Ryn shook off the paralysis and began walking after him.

ImageImageImageImage

fox the cubi legend
Assassin
Assassin

"hehe, it's obvious what your thinking, and i'll tell you what this has to do with the situation... we all have something that we strive for, why we do what we do, and for us to be partners we need to know how each other thinks, and why they act the way they do, you know now that i am not the kind of person that hurts people for no reason and maybe you will trust me a bit more, all i ask is that you let me know the same thing" he never stoped while he was talking, just kept walking without any emotion, change in speed or eye movement, his body was in a zomby like state but his mind was active

Image Image

ImageImageImageImage

dragon51117
Assassin
Assassin

Post by dragon51117 »

"I could see..." Ryn leaned his back while he was walking, putting them against his hands, looking as if he was walking while laying down. "Well...Not nearly as traumatic as your story...Is mine...

"You see, I'm actually...well...a son of one of the barons around here. Wealthy, powerful, all that stereotypical crap. Being the son, I was sent off somewhere else. Long story short at that place, I ran away from some bad treatment. I returned to my father's previously small village to a large town. Apparently, my father conquered a few other villages while I was gone. Well, that's all fine and dandy until I saw that the villagers from the conquered places were being used as slaves. Naturally, I couldn't stand it. I ran away to the Arctic Islands, expecting to find a fortune in crystals. Never happened. Came back here...Which I have lost track WHERE I'm at, actually. But yeah...Not much to my story other than that and some fighting to survival.

"I never hurt anyone that doesn't deserve it or doesn't have it coming. I just have a code. You can trust me. Never stolen, never smuggled, never murdered. Just self-defense." Smiling Weakly, Ryn quickened his pace, getting a bit behind.

ImageImageImageImage

fox the cubi legend
Assassin
Assassin

servare looks back and smiles, "so i see, well then, i guess we borh have our conducts and our goals... lets just hopoe they don't get crossed...i'd hate to see someone get hurt over squables" he laughs and faces forward again, as you catch up with him again he feels a faint spiritual aura around you, as if something was hiding from him, he ponders for a moment... thinking out loud but very quietly "hmmm...his spiritual energy is higher than most would have...but even so... everyone has a certain level... but this... this may be a problem in the future, i will have to keep an eye on him..." realising he was talking out loud he yawns loudly and says to you "wow i should stop mumbling to myself huh? hahaha not very healthy i'd say haha"

Image Image

ImageImageImageImage

dragon51117
Assassin
Assassin

Post by dragon51117 »

Chuckling, Ryn turns towards him. "Yeah, I guess. What were you saying, anyway? You said something about...energy?" Ryn thought to himself, "Man, not another seeker...Those guys seem to fall me all the time. I still need to learn how to sense energy...I won't kill this one though, he doesn't seem like a deadly one or even one of the others." The smile from Ryn's face slowly goes away, going deep into thought.

ImageImageImageImage

fox the cubi legend
Assassin
Assassin

servare watches your smile fade away and he places his paw on your head, he mutters something as you fall to the floor "did that wake you up?" he frowns looking down at you "i just traced your thoughts, it can be tiring for both parties if there is a lot to absorb, luckily for us both it was only a few seconds worth..." he kneels down and moves his wings to show several large and small blades, he grabs one by the grip and pulls it out, you being too tired to do anything other than stare, he places the end of the sword against your forehead "if i wanted to kill you, you would be allready dead... don't forget that, true your energy is higher than most but nothing that i am after, if any other cubi was around then you would be in trouble... guess it's your lucky day that you met me then huh?" he sheaths his sword and picks you up, he places his paw onto your chest as a burst of spiritual energy lashes into you, almost throwing you backwards, he smiles and says "now you have more than before, sadly i think i may have caused more problems...but you will be able to use more powerfull magic and wounds will be less fatal" he turns his back to you and returns to his usuall pace

Image Image

ImageImageImageImage