In the name of Liberté! (Closed)

This is where all of the Twilight Zone role-plays are archived.
Asyriel
God
God

Re: In the name of Liberté! (Open)

Post by Asyriel »

"why would they pull all their patrols back all of a sudden?" she asked as she took Howls offered grenades, and headed off a safe distance to set traps along the approaches. She pulled a roll of wire out of a pocket, and used it to attach tripwires to grenade pins, then made a couple of hasty grapeshot charges as well. once she felt that the approaches to the position were adequately covered, she headed back to where Howl had been setting up the anti tank weaponry. "I'll be ready in a minute" she said as she found herself a good spot to set up. one with a good view and nice cover. she carefully arranged herself and her rifle that it would be extremely difficult for anyone to find her position, then tied a small cloth bag over the ejection port of her weapon to catch spent cartridges. She then took up her position and peered through her thermal scope at the area below, and the raid getting ready to commence. She settled herself into a steady position, and breathing rate, scanning carefully for threats.

Sponsor

lxHowlxl
Count
Count
Species: Wolf
Location: On my ship, the Rocinante, wheeling through the galaxies

Re: In the name of Liberté! (Closed)

Post by lxHowlxl »

Right as Howl had the his rifle ready and was aiming down it's sites, a red flare shot into the air, signaling the attack. There was a loud charge as all the squads rushed the village. Gunfire broke out, and the enemy infantry was caught completely off guard. Most of the men out patrolling were slaughtered, being cut to shreds by gunfire. Those who tried to get to their defensive positions were shot down in the open. The others deeper inside the base sounded an alarm and tried their best to fight back. In all the chaos, two APCs of the NEF rolled in, blowing most of the soldiers out of their cover, forcing them to fall back into the base built just beyond the village, though the Edwinian armor was still inside the village without any pilots.

Howl took out his binoculars and spotted a radioman, he was trying to get it to work. "Dima! Radioman, 200 meters, 12 o'clock, engage!" Most of the fire being exchanged between the sides didn't land anywhere near him, and he was surprised to see friendly armor roll up into the village. "Hell, I didn't know we were getting armor support..."

When the flare shot into the air, Asminov shouted, "Go go go!" Motioning Boris and Ammy to follow him. As he worked his way into the village, two men tried to prepare a heavy MG to suppress the attackers, but Asminov had them in his sites, and he pulled his trigger, letting rounds fly right into them. They feel to the ground, both of them were dead. Once he had checked the corners for more enemies and threw a grenade into an enemy foxhole (which he assumed was now clear, since a big cloud of red mist came from it), he got into one of the houses, calling for the others. "Regroup here!"
Proudly supporting our soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq. Get the job done, then come back home.

Join me on the RP discussion channel on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=bf36 ... la-Serious

I'm an admin there, so don't be trollin' while I'm around.

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima grinned, a 200 Meter shot was no problem for her to make. She quickly had the radioman in her sights, and she squeezed off a round, the radioman never stood a chance. as soon as the shot was off, Dima unlocked the bolt of her rifle, and pulled it back, ejecting the spent casing into the bag she had tied over the ejector port of the weapon. She was sorely tempted to tell Howl to stop playing around and at least find her a target that would be a challenge, but it was a mission and her priority was to support her comrades, even if it meant spending rounds on easy shots. She went back to scanning the scene below them, watching for any more important targets. She spotted a pair of Edwinian soldiers moving to a defensive machine gun position, and without a second thought squeezed of two more rounds, and dropped two more enemies, only pausing long enough in between them to chamber another round, and sight her target. She did her work with a mechanical precision and efficiency that came through lots of training, practice, and no small amount of experience. Without a word, she went back to scanning again waiting to spot another target herself, or for Howl to find one for her.

SophieTheRabbit
Count
Count
Species: Rabbit

Post by SophieTheRabbit »

Ammy crouched in the silence, you could almost hear a pin drop. She kept her eye on the rear to make sure no one could flank from behind. The silence was shattered by multiple gunfire explorations and quickly followed by a 'go, go, go!' Ammy stuck close taking cover behinds some rocks, looking down into a small passage in the trees. One guard came running from the left, stumbling to reload his rifle in the panic. Ammy took aim and shot him down with a three shot burst to the chest. She peered out of her cover to see Asminov making his way to a small house, ordering to regroup. She ducked down as bullets hit the rocks in an attempt to shoot Ammy down. Dropping her gun, allowing it to dangle on her shoulder, Ammy reached back for her bow, extending it and readying an arrow. Crawling to a tree next to her, Ammy quickly popped out and put an arrow in the attacking guards chest. The kill was silent, not giving her new cover away. Putting the bow back she picked her rifle back up and looked over to the building, a small shattered window was roughly fifty meters in front of her. She make a quick sprint, swan diving trough the window, in cover and ready to move again.
Brother: Hey Sis', want a carrot?
Me: No thank you.
Bro: Come on, Rabbits love carrots.
Me: Don't be so stereotypical Rabbits eat other things to!
Bro: Ok, ok, don't have to get touchy. Sheesh.

Later that day...
Bro: Hey Sis' what's that you're eating?
Me: Carrot cake.
Bro: Pardon?
Bro: What cake?
Me: CARROT.......*glares evilly* I hate you sometimes, you know that?

My Character

My Characters
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5652

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

Asminov was peering throw a window, firing at passing enemies when Ammy oh-so-gracefully swan-dived into the house, which only made him roll his eyes. Great...just what I needed, a show-off in my squad. Damn command for assigning me militia! With a small hint of contempt, Asminov addressed Ammy, but only as the number he assigned her, just to add to the disrespect. "Five..." The number's sound rang in his head, and a slight feeling of satisfaction came from "dehumanizing" Ammy. "...where the hell is two? I thought he was right behind-" A bullet whizzed right by Asminov's head, making him duck, possible karma for trying to mess with Ammy. Suddenly, an eruption of rounds hit the side of the house, penetrating through it and flying all around the inside of the house. "GET DOWN!" Asminov managed to hit the dirt, his prone position making it impossible for him to be hit, since he was right under where the bullets were penetrating. He shouted over the gunfire, trying desperately to give out orders, "FLANK AROUND THEM! HIM THEIR MACHINE GUNNER, OR ELSE HE'LL SUPPRESS US EVEN MORE!"

----

Ha! I've fooled them! I can't believe it worked...

Slipping away from Ammy and Asminov, Boris was able to walk right past the Edwinian soldiers as the attack began, since they had specific orders to protect the NEF rifleman with a peace symbol on his right arm. Howl had long thought of it as a joke, since they were part of the military, with their sole purpose to use deadly force, and nobody would have suspected it's meaning as a spy. Triumphantly (though ducking from sporadic gunfire inside the base, Boris waltzed into the commanders office, a sort of confidence in his step he had not had before. In his mind, this mass deception was his big accomplishment, and over the years, Boris would continue to walk like this, only in an officer's uniform (but that's for a later story, I assure you).

Sitting behind the desk in the office was a middle-aged feline, his fur a slightly dull orange, which had lost it's vibrancy over the years. He was sipping a cup of coffee, paying almost no attention to the gunshots resounding across the base. Looking up from a crossword he was doing (which had been filled in with the word victory for each space, whether it would fit or not), the feline kept the same bored expression he was wearing. "There you are, you bloody twat." He got up, looking him up and down. "Not even a scratch...damn good spy work, though you should have at least acted like you were trying to sneak in, and not show off to everyone here that you were an enemy. Hell, I had ten separate men come in here and tell me you were here-"

Suddenly, a Lieutenant burst throw the door, breathing heavily. "Sir, sir there's an enemy trying to penetrate the b-" His eyes caught glance of the man next to his commander, then raised an eyebrow, "What in the bloody hell..." The commander just shot him a look, which made him slowly close the door and walk away.

The commander rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "You see what I mean?! I've got a whole nation ready to go to war, and I get these dolts to fight a proxy war for them. I swear, if we had our Royal Guard here, it wouldn't be so difficult."

Boris just looked down at the commander's desk, and spotted a name slip on it. It read in bland, basic and black font, "Almond Bradford." He then looked up at the man, and his eyes widened. "Wait...you're not just any general. You're THE Almond, of the-"

Almond just waved his hand, silencing him. "Yes yes, we're all familiar, the man who won the great war against Gawain, I'm fully aware of my title. And this isn't the time for introductions. I need those battle plans."

Boris nodded, reaching into his jacket, and he pulled out a map, along with two sheets of paper, which showed all the locations of the attacking force, and their objectives/fall back points. But Boris deliberately left out the hill and forest so Howl could possibly live; he wasn't completely heartless. He happily handed the papers to Almond, who quickly took them and examined them.

"Yes...yes! This is perfect! We'll know exactly when to hit them. Great work, Boris. Now, get out of that uniform and into one of our's; you're on our side for now."

----

Howl kept searching for targets to give to Dima, but she seemed to pick them off before he even said a word, making him a bit discouraged. Suddenly, though, he saw two fresh squads come out of the base, and began counterattack with deadly force. "Dima, two enemy squads, 500 meters Northeast. They're taking out our right flank! Aim for the squad-leaders." When he finished calling out the targets, he heard the rumble of two APCs pulling out of the base. "Looks like they managed to get some armor up in time." Howl got onto the radio, going on a universal frequency so all squads could hear. "Be advised, two enemy APCs, possibly Strykers, are headed towards the right flank. Expect the enemy to try to push through it." Howl then quickly set down the radio and ran for his RPG, flicking up the sites. After ten seconds of letting it settle, he aimed it directly at the backside of it, smiling. He pushed the top button, and the missile flew right out, hitting it's mark directly. The initial explosion made it smoke, but then it quickly caught fire, then exploded. The second APC pulled back quickly, hoping to not be caught by a second missile.
Proudly supporting our soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq. Get the job done, then come back home.

Join me on the RP discussion channel on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=bf36 ... la-Serious

SophieTheRabbit
Count
Count
Species: Rabbit

Post by SophieTheRabbit »

Ammy looked to Asminov as she stood back to her feet, "hey it wasn't meant to look pretty!" she said looking back for boris " besides i'd rather jump through a window than get turned into swiss che-" Before Ammy could finish her sentence she was interrupted by a 'GET DOWN!'

Throwing herself to the floor the raccoon held a hand over her head as bullets flew past from above. "crap what do we do?!" She called over to Asminov looking for somewhere to take better cover. She crawled to the doorway leading out to the back of the house, a few dead soldiers lay waste the pathway. "wait i have an idea!" she said shuffling through her equipment.
Brother: Hey Sis', want a carrot?
Me: No thank you.
Bro: Come on, Rabbits love carrots.
Me: Don't be so stereotypical Rabbits eat other things to!
Bro: Ok, ok, don't have to get touchy. Sheesh.

Later that day...
Bro: Hey Sis' what's that you're eating?
Bro: Pardon?
Bro: What cake?
Me: CARROT.......*glares evilly* I hate you sometimes, you know that?

My Character

My Characters
http://twilightus.net/feila/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5652

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima reloaded as Howl called out a new set of targets. It took her a moment to sight in on them "I've got 'em" she called back to Howl just before squeezing off the first round. One squad leader fell, and the rest of the two squads started moving for cover. Dima ejected the spent cartridge, and chambered another round just before the second squad leader made cover. She fired another round and barely caught the second squad leader. The rest of the squads made it to cover; Dima watched for one of them to move out into her field of fire. "I got the squad leaders, but the rest made it to cover, I think they might be getting wise to the fact that we're out here somewhere" she called to Howl just before he fired the RPG "well...they're definitely going to know we're up here somewhere now" she said with a laugh as she continued watching for targets.

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

Asminov watched as Ammy reached into her bag; it was obvious that she didn't take too kindly to flanking around. He wanted to argue the fact that he out-ranked her, but with bullets flying just above his head, it was hard to consider shooting down an idea that could stop this mass suppression. He waited anxiously to do something, and if she didn't do it quickly, he'd end up like Swiss cheese.

----

"Don't worry, they're far too focused on- OH SHIT!" A man with a rocket launcher had decided that his bullets would be far less effective against infantry than his AT4, which was meant for blowing up APCs, so he pointed it right at the side of the hill; EXACTLY where Dima and Howl were located. Though anyone who'd been in the military for at least a week would know that these rockets don't have that much of a fireball-like explosion (just a very loud one), the thought of a rocket flying right at you is scary enough to make you soil yourself...luckily, that wasn't the case for Howl. Though he did hit the dirt with a haste unknown to people his size, hoping that his prediction was right (that it wasn't some sort of twisted napalm rocket devised in his barracks for shits'n'giggles). When the rocket made impact with the hill, a large "BOOM" resounded across the battlefield (but it's not like anyone really noticed it while shooting at each-other). It managed to hit a pocket of rockets just above Howl and Dima, making them fly everywhere. And perhaps this was god's way of saying, "I've got your back", because each and every individual rock headed straight for Howl's head just barely missed him, landing an inch from his ears, which were pointed up from the sight of them barreling towards him. He looked towards Dima, and sighed with relief; all of the rocks were flung towards HIM inside of Dima. "Well...damn, that was close..."

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima heard Howl's exclamation, and scanned the battlefield below. By the time she caught a glimpse of the soldier with the rocket launcher, it was too late to sight in on him. The rocket streaked past, and Dima dug claws into the tree to brace herself. The resulting explosion was loud enough to make her ears ring. "Howl, are you ok?" she called down "I don't think that was coincidence" she said as she looked for the soldier with the launcher, but it seemed he had taken cover. "we may be compromised up here. we may want to think about taking up another position." she suggested, and looked down at Howl.

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

(( Sophie, if you're still reading up, you might want to post; it was your turn a long time ago, and if you don't post soon, I'm going to assume you've abandoned this RP and don't want to participate ))

Howl nodded; both Dima and himself were under heavy fire, and wouldn't be much use to the raiding party while hiding. Howl grabbed his radio, switching it to the squad frequency. "Dagger One Bravo this is Dagger One Echo, we're under heavy fire from the base and are unable to provide support, over."

---

Asminov heard Howl's voice through the radio and struggled to reply, still under significant suppressive fire. "Dagger One Echo this is Dagger One Bravo. Go ahead and displace. Find a new position to support from and report back when you find one. Out."

---

Howl turned to Dima. "Pack it up, we're moving. I'll hold 'em off while you find a new sniping spot." Looking through his pile of munitions, Howl lugged one of the Javelins onto his shoulder and took aim at the second Stryker, it's heat signature giving away it's position. He was about to lock on when another signature popped up on it. "What the..." He aimed in it's direction, and he realized it wasn't an APC...it was a tank (A Challenger 2 to be exact). But then more heat signatures popped up, and he realized there were at least 6 tanks coming in. "Dima! We've got heavy armor inbound! Radio Asminov; tell him we've got a change of plans!" After quickly locking onto one of the Challengers, Howl launched the missile at it. It shot up high into the air before coming straight down on the target, piercing it's lighter top armor and blowing it up from the inside. Giant pieces of the tank flew everywhere, and the smoldering pile became very hazardous. "HA! That's two!" Howl tossed the Javelin, picking up the second one. He knew he'd have to fire quickly, or else he'd be targeted by everyone in the base.

((I made a mistake earlier, referring to the Javelins as "LAWs", I don't know how I made that mistake, honestly))

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

Dima Nodded and dropped to the ground before picking up her pack, and slinging her rifle. she pulled out her sidearm, and was taking a quick survey of the nearby possible positions to take up when she heard Howl announce the arrival of heavy armor. "shit! alright..." she said before picking up the radio, and moving over near Howls position so she could get a good look at the new arrivals, and decide the best sniping position from there. as she watched she keyed out on the radio. "Dagger One Bravo, bad news, you've got incoming heavy armor" she called out over the radio "One Echo has Neutralized one" she said as she adjusted her rifle so she could look through her thermal scope. "at least five remaining, we'll continue to update as the situation changes." She turned her attention to Howl "alright Ive got a new spot in mind whenever you are ready to move" she said to him as she made sure she was clear of the javelin's back blast area.

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

Asminov managed to crawl out of the building and was sneaking around the very men who had been laying down heavy suppressive fire on him, hoping to get them from behind and mow them down. Then his radio went off; it was Dima. "Dagger One Bravo, bad news, you've got incoming heavy armor!" Asminov stopped in his tracks, since he knew that wasn't going to be part of the plan, but when he saw a rocket fly into the air and come crashing down, causing a huge explosion, Asminov knew he had time. He rushed from house to house before he finally came up behind the men, who were all huddled behind a bunch of sandbags. Asminov switched his AK-74m to full auto, pointing it at the three men who were now 20 yards from him. In about three seconds, he mowed down each one of them, putting god knows how much bullets into their bodies. Blood flew everywhere as each one of them dropped lifelessly, having no chance of survival. Asminov was close to the APCs, and he could still blow them up and hinder their progress a bit more. He got back on the radio, "Dima! Just buy me more time and I can light up what's left of their armor inside the base. I know Howl can't take out a whole armored platoon, but he can stall them for a bit longer...and once I blow these things, head for the woods; I don't think we'll be able to defeat their armor with what we're equipped with now."

---

Howl readied his second Javelin, locking onto another Challenger. Once it was out in the open, he launched the rocket, which had the same devastating effect as the last one. The forces on the ground fought on, and despite the presence of tanks, it looked as if that the raid might be successful...until a huge wave of Edwinian infantry came through the base, almost as if it was out of nowhere. Howl watched as the troops began to pop out from the base, and he shook his head in disbelief. "This doesn't make any sense! All of this couldn't have just been reinforcements called in; it would take a while for any sort of armor to arrive!"

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"wilco" was all Dima replied as she picked a closer suitable location to fire from "Howl we gotta keep them busy a bit longer" she said just after he launched the second javelin. Then the troops started pouring out of the Edwinian base "ah shit" she said as she unslung her rifle, and dropped to the prone in the best spot she could find on their hilltop. "what about those patrols that were called back in?" she asked before she started firing, searching for officers, and heavy weapons gunners to drop first, she couldn't afford to waste bullets on the average grunt. "they're not going to last long down there, and neither will we if we hang out here too long" she said in between shots. She was going through rounds much faster than she wanted to, and wasn't really doing a whole lot to make any kind of difference, despite the targets she was taking out.

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

Howl reached for the their Javelin when he started taking fire from somewhere, forcing him to go prone and keep his head down. "God damn it! Where's that coming from?!" The booming sound of a 50 caliber dominated the battlefield, it's sound in sync with the sound of bullets cracking over his head. "Dima! I'm being suppressed by that damned Stryker. See if there's some way to attract his attention so I can hit him with a LAW." Two BMPs rolled up from the raiding party, their large guns opening up on the new enemy infantry as two groups of arctic soldiers fell back to the trucks, most of them carrying wounded. The radio resounded with lines like, "Get the wounded out first!" and "Cover the retreat!".

Asyriel
God
God

Post by Asyriel »

"I got it" Dima replied as she found the attacking stryker, and sighted in on the cameras on the remotely operated weapons mount. While the mount was armored to an extent, there was no way it was going to stop a .408 round at their current range. Dima smiled as she aimed first at the thermal camera, and squeezed off a shot. She quickly pulled her bolt back, ejecting another round, then slammed it forward to lock a new round into the chamber then took aim on the color camera before firing another round. "ok, you should be able to move and fire from a new spot without that one seeing you, I'll see what I can do about taking out the eyes on the other vehicles" referring to the cameras used for weapon targeting systems as eyes.