The War[closed][WWII]

This is where all of the Twilight Zone role-plays are archived.
AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke
Species: undecided

The War[closed][WWII]

Post by AmeVulpes »

OOC: (( OK, first part of this is the typical beach invasion. Allies attacking. i'm not sure where to attack. suggestions?))

Thyrest was sitting on a boat with his squad. He scanned the beach, and after several minutes saw the first MG nest. He silently signaled for his shooter. The shooter[sniper. don't ask why but they were called shooters back then >_> ] moved over to Thyrest and whispered. "Yes, sir?" Thyrest pointed at the spot and told him to line up a shot and fire.

Through the thick fog, James could barely see. He could see the outline of a person, however and chambered a round. He slowly squeezed the trigger as the boat hit a small wave. His shot was knocked off, and the round hit the concrete of the MG bunker, spraying concrete dust in the gunner's face.

Men on boats left and right opened up fire with BARs and M1s. Their fire was inaccurate, but should at least be enough to make the enemy keep their heads down.

(James is armed with an M1 Garand, modified as a sniper rifle, with a 1911 colt .45 ACP as a sidearm. Thyrest has a pair of .44 magnums, and a BAR.)
Last edited by AmeVulpes on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh hey guys.

My sig's kinda naked, lol. Sorry.

Sponsor

SnowFire
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Monkey!

Re: The War[closed][WWII]

Post by SnowFire »

Aon who was leading her own squad of gorrila soldiers had landed on the beach and was working their way inland. She had encounted miminal resistance. Eat target delt with quickly. She had reached the beach in which she was to meet up with the rest of the the squad. She had her team set up morters in the trenchs and landmines as a perimeter. She shifterld a bit her pistols clanking against the spare ammo clips and her grip tights on her PPSh.
If I don't have to do it, I probably won't
and if I have too, I'll do it quick.

My characters page

cossant
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Wolf

Post by cossant »

(Joseph has a scoped Kar98k and a Luger P08)

Joseph was located farther back into the bunker, his eyes were half-closed, as he fought off sleep. "Soldat! Wake up, before the enemy closes into range." an officer berated him. He straightened up, scanning the beach for any enemies.

A bullet ricochet just above the gunner's head. The reactions were immediate. The four soldiers, including Joseph, returned fire. The gunner let loose with a deadly barrage of bullets, cutting down the beach. The two other soldiers fired their respective weapons, and Joseph leveled his rifle at the incoming fire. He could see the faces of the approaching forces. Aiming for one that had a BAR, he pulled the trigger.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Thyrest had his ear punctured, and the bullet kept flying, right into the head of his medic. "FUCKERS!" He grabbed the medic's pack and bandaged his ear, before opening fire himself on the bunker. Each round went into the bunker, but he was still far enough away that he couldn't properly aim. Several rounds perforated his boat, and took out a fair portion of his squad. He grabbed the medic's bag, and jumped off the boat, still in waist-deep water. James and their grenadier followed, wading as fast as they could.
Oh hey guys.

SnowFire
Marquis
Marquis

Post by SnowFire »

Aon watched the battle unfold. She signaled for the mortarman to take sight. "Fire!"
She said giving the signal. A small wave of mini morters shot through the air. Some striking a bunker. Other blowibg big holes in the ground. She then signaled for another wave. More mini morters struck home. She stands up. And looks at the results of there metal rain. "alright men. I want the rifle men with me! Jax, your in command of the morters!" the fur salutes. She turns snd begins to run down the side of the hill to meet up with the rest of the squad. Some morters flyover head. Aon takes some shots at the furs. A few go down the combined bullet and morter fire. She sees the rest of the squad on the beach and races toward their postion. Providing coving fire when neccessary.

My characters page

cossant
Marquis
Marquis

Post by cossant »

Joseph aimed another shot, when the OberJager pulled him back. "Ankoi! Fall back to the second line of defense. Alert the Artillerie to fire on the planned fire points." Joseph looked a bit hesitant, though he quickly recovered for it. "Yes sir!" he saluted, before running out the back of the bunker, and making his way through the terrain.

"Feuer Frei! (Fire at will!)" the OberJager shouted, as the enemy advanced. Joseph was breathing heavy, as the young wolf retreated from the line of fire. A sudden series explosions caused him to stumble, and look back. The bunker was now a flaming wreck. Out of it, a figure dragged himself out. Joseph's heart sank, as he recognized the form of his friend, Adrian. The wolf had pulled out his sidearm, and was dragging himself to get a better shot at the advancing forces. Two weeks before, they were discussing what they would do once they got home. Adrian was planning on his marriage back home. Now, he'd never get to see her again. Even still, his fighting spirit was at its strongest, as he shouted over to him. It was too far to hear most of it, but Joseph got the message. Keep running to the second line.

Blinking back the tears of leaving his buddy behind, he continued moving.

Adrian looked as his friend moved out of sight. "Good luck, Joseph." he muttered. His injuries were not fatal, but were still serious. A quick decision had saved his life.

He saw a group charging up the beach, and aimed his Walter P38. He pulled the trigger, but it did not fire. with a sigh, he realized it was jammed. The sounds of battle raged on, and Adrian rested his head on the ground. He wasn't dying, but it might as well have. He didn't have a weapon, he couldn't get up. He was useless now.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

OOC: (I've grudgingly decided to stay.)

Thyrest and what was left of his team took shelter behind whatever they could find. Thyrest had managed to get a half decent cover-- a beached boat in front of a mortar crater. Everything seemed to be on fire, and there wasn't much of a place to go aside from where he was. He reached down for a grenade, but quietly cursed when he found he had lost them jumping into the water. There were still several bunkers left, and his BAR was just proven not to be the best for taking them out. He waited for his shooter to make his way to cover, and signaled to James to take out the nearest bunker. Then he saw Aon and he signaled her to his position in a get-the-fuck-over-here kinda way. He couldn't see his grenadier anywhere, but he thought he heard a grenade go off over to the right somewhere. He risked a glace and saw the familiar form on the ground. He let out a soft whimper at first, but then slightly shook with rage.

James had decided to attempt getting away from the main battle. Using his extraordinary small size and quick speed, he sprinted for a tree. He didn't go without taking a hit, though. A bit of shrapnel to the back, but nothing deadly. After getting most of the way there, he felt small scraps of brass dig into his torso, and something slam into his waist. He did his best to ignore it, running for cover. Both too small for real shrapnel, and too small to mortally wound him. Once he got to the target tree, he reached down to his hip and found a hot mess, a shredded bandoleer, and quite a bit of blood. How the hell?! He's been grazed by a machinegun bullet, that somehow managed to blow one of his clips! Damn it all. He took a shot at the gunner nearest Thyrest with a level of accuracy that wouldn't be expected of someone who had just been shot once and fragged twice. After he pulled the trigger he let out a low wine. My wife specifically told me not to get shot!((Project: Snowblind reference there.))

((the grenadier's side of this, yay!))

Niro had made it to the beach, but he had lost his Thompson somewhere along the way. Not that it would be any good yet... He sprinted for cover much like James, but he didn't go nearly as far. He stopped at the nearest Hedgehog and pulled his sidearm up from his side. He pulled the trigger once, and got much more than he has expected. His weapon was plugged with sand from the dirty water. The weapon exploded, slamming the slide into his cheek. Luckily he hadn't done that with a rifle, or he wouldn't have survived. He was knocked to his back, and given a notable concussion. He shook his head slowly and threw what was left of the pistol aside. He wasn't feeling well enough to stand, not by a long shot, and didn't feel well enough to want to breathe, but he did it anyway. Blood ran down from his face, and soaked into the sand. Anyone who didn't look closely enough would think he had been shot in the head.

((in the spoiler is a "hedgehog" by the way))
Spoiler:
Oh hey guys.

SnowFire
Marquis
Marquis

Post by SnowFire »

Aon sprints over to where Thyrest was taking cover. She runs faster, her boots kicking up sputs of sand and used bullter cartrages. She dives as she hears the 40mm motars fall and the deafing sound of their explosion the screaming of furs falling on both sides almost shakez her to her core. She hops up and shoots round into enemy furs, cursing all the while. Aon checks to make sure Thyrest was still there. She fires a couple rounds and runs to his positon. She almost reaches him when a pain shoots through her leg she falls down screaming and swearing. Warm blood seeps through her amy pants and into her hands. She squeezes it to try and stop the bleeding, as more warm blood rushes from her knee. "fuck me." she says under her breath. "Ty!" she screams hoping he would hear her. The sound of mortars, greandes and automatic fire didnt help much.

My characters page

cossant
Marquis
Marquis

Post by cossant »

Joseph was well away from the battle. The gunshots and explosions became just muted sound-waves. He didn't like this. He should have been back defending the first line, not delivering a message. Regardless, he had his orders, and he wouldn't question them. The terrain had changed from the entrenched beach, to a flat piece of land, completely exposed. Farther ahead, on the horizon, Joseph could just barely see the outline of a town. In front of it was a sizable force. He was breathing hard from the sprinting, as his body showed signs of fatigue. Fair enough, since he had barely stopped sprinting. Now, with the sight of the second line of defense, his morale strengthened, and he was fueled by another burst of adrenaline. They wouldn't be caught off-guard this time. The second line would put up more of a fight.

Adrian had crawled from his position, and had made his way farther up to a point that overlooked the beach. The gunfire was lessening, as he could hear bunker after bunker silenced. The beach was being lost, and he had little time to do something. Anything that would at least cause a significant strike to the enemy. He got his chance. As he made his way farther up against the beach, he caught sight of a sFH 18. It looked like it was ready to fire, but the soldier was slumped against it, un-moving.

"If I'm doomed to die or be captured,..." He didn't finish the sentence, as he dragged himself towards it. Behind him, he heard another small explosion. Someone had threw a grenade into a bunker. Another gun had been taken out. The beach was no longer a hectic firefight. This was more like the enemy killing off the rest of the opposition.

As he got up to the artillery piece, he looked towards where it was pointed. The invading enemy had a large ship in range. This was his chance. AS he used the artillery piece to hoist himself up, he readied himself to fire it. As he was about to fire the gun, he thought of his friends farther inland. Maybe he could give them the time they needed, or weaken the forces enough for them to survive.

He looked just below the hill. One of the few bunkers left fell silent. The enemy had charged it, and had overtaken it. Though it wasn't too close to him, he could still identify the uniforms of the enemy. This was it. Once he took the shot, the enemy would be drawn to his position. Whatever happened then would be up to them. Kill him outright, capture him.

With determination set in his eyes, Adrian fired the gun. The loud boom echoed loudly around him, deafening him. The shell streaked toward the ship.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Thyrest ran for Aon, picking her up and carrying her back to cover. He'd had to leave his BAR behind, as well as Aon's PPSh.

After returning to cover and readying his pistols, he heard the thundering boom from just over the hill. He signaled for James to investigate, and set to bandaging Aon's leg. It hadn't been totally destroyed, but it would be painful to walk on. He dug through the bag for a syringe and bottle, before injecting the Morphine into Aon's wounded leg. He pulled her close and held her for just a moment, before taking aim at the last remaining gunner and firing.

James watched the scene. Friendly and enemy soldiers were too close and moving too much for a sniper to be much good now. He ripedthe sleeve off of his jacket and started bandaging his side, vaguely finishing when the gun went off. he saw a small fireball and a silver streak flying through the air. He didn't have to be able to see it to know what it was. He saw Thyrest give him a signal, and nodded back, climbing from the beach, using the side of a disabled bunker for cover. He saw the shooter, wounded and effectively taken out of the battle already. He silently commended the enemy soldier on his dedication before taking aim and firing at his head. The clip sprung out of his rifle with that telltale "TWANG" that lets everyone within a mile know that you can't shoot back.

Niro was just starting to stand, shaking slightly and swaying noticeably. He lazily wrapped his head with a bandage, vaguely clinging to consciousness.

**on ship**

Only gunners, wounded, and necessary crew were left on ship. The round rocked the ship and tore through the hull, damaging one of the engines. The explosion and fragmentation totally disabled the engine, and killed about 8 crewmen. The ship stopped moving altogether as the crew frantically set to fixing the problem.
Oh hey guys.

SnowFire
Marquis
Marquis

Post by SnowFire »

Aon felt Thyrest lift her up and bangade the leg. She pulled out her our pistol and took a few shots at some enemies. A few furs died. She reached down searching for a better gun. "Wheres the rest of the group?" she screamed over the explosions.

My characters page

cossant
Marquis
Marquis

Post by cossant »

Adrian dropped from the seat, though it was more because a few bullets crashed right above his head, smashing into the artillery piece. The metallic ring off to his side told him a soldier had a clear shot at him, and just had to reload and shoot again.

Someone grabbed Adrian's collar, and dragged him behind the artillery piece. A few bullets crashed into it, as Adrian realized someone had survived. Looking up, he began to thank his savior, when he visibly flinched in shock. It was a kid. for a second, Adrian didn't say anything, as the wolf boy, unarmed, produced a few medical supplies.
"How old are you, boy?" Adrian questioned, a bit weak from the pain.
"18 sir." he quickly stated, producing a shot of morphine. But as he went to inject it, Adrian grabbed his arm firmly. He repeated, his expression a bit sharper. "How. Old. Are. You." he pronounced each word with an authoritative air to it. The wolf's ears pinned slightly.
"14." he finally admitted. Adrian couldn't believe it. "Damn, kid. What the hell are you doing here? You should be in school, not in the damn front line!" he said in an unbelieving tone. The kid shrugged. "My Dad was killed fighting this war. If he could die in a foreign land, I can do the same in my own." he affirmed, though his voice was shaky. Adrian couldn't believe it, but he released his grip on the boy's arm. He responded by administering the morphine.

"My name's Todd, by the way." he said. Using the Artillery piece as cover, Todd dragged Adrian to a nearby trench. Near the end was a door arch. Todd moved toward it. "It's a small tunnel system. It's being used as a temporary medical field hospital. Most of us aren't armed." he informed. He suddenly stopped. The explosions had suddenly ceased. Their was no heavy machine-gun fire, no mortar explosion, and barely any side-arm return fire. That meant the remaining small artillery teams were dead or captured. The contrast of the first hectic gunfire and explosions was eerie against the sudden silence.

The beach was lost. They had been over-run.

Adrian, through the haze of the morphine, felt himself being dragged back into the tunnel, as the light dimmed. His observation told his mind that they we're using the darkness to hide their field hospital.

AmeVulpes
Duke
Duke

Post by AmeVulpes »

Thyrest sighed and held his lover close, relieved that the battle was over for now. He saw his grenadier stand, and instructed some nearby soldier to assist him. "We've got to get off of this beach." He picked up Aon after holstering his pistol, carrying her off of the beach.

James swore under his breath and reloaded his rifle with one of the few clips he had left. He looked around and picked up a Luger. He'd heard good things about them, including that they were more accurate than the US M1911. He picked up the arm and dropped it, chambering a round and putting it in his back pocket.

Niro, not having to move on his own, slowly started to feel better. The support of his fellow furs told him that he was at least worth saving. As he looked around he realized he was seeing double, but this would pass in some time.
Oh hey guys.

SnowFire
Marquis
Marquis

Post by SnowFire »

"Hang on. I need a better gun." she looks around and finds a dead fur. she goes over and grabs his gun. "MP44? not bad?" she says checking the magazine. "Fully loaded too." she takes a few extra clips from the fur and pockets them as well as a couple grenades. she limps back to thyrest, "geez this is gonna be a pain in the ass." she swears under her breath.

My characters page

cossant
Marquis
Marquis

Post by cossant »

Adrian was vaguely aware of others around him. Todd was working on getting his broken leg into a splint. "It's a bad fracture on your right leg, and most of your ribs are either cracked or shattered." he informed. Todd looked up from his work. Only a dozen or so soldiers had made it here, and none of them we're in any condition to fight. He was one of the few people that weren't seriously hurt, and the only one who managed to keep his sidearm in the confusion.

As Todd used the remaining medical supplies he had, he could hear a ruckus from the far entrance. The enemy was approaching. Two soldiers had made a makeshift white flag and were waving it. It was obvious they couldn't put up much of a fight. No officer had survived, only those with little experience, if at all. "We lost this one." Todd whispered. Then, he felt a strong grip on his shoulder. "kid." he addressed. "I'm obviously in no condition to fight, and you look like you couldn't shoot your way through a paper bag, but we can still use you to our advantage." Todd looked confused, but Adrian explained. "You're small enough to hide where most soldiers can't. You have no rifle, no heavy equipment, nothing that will hinder you. How far does this tunnel system go?"

Todd thought for a moment. "Pretty far, but it leads to a gunner's nest that's been destroyed." Adrian nodded. "Move, then. Hide until its all clear." Todd shook his head. "What if I get caught?" Adrian laughed. "They'll take you prisoner, and you can at least say you did what you could."

Joseph had finally reached the second line of defense. It was a field set against a small farming town. A train station used as a supply line was just behind it. As he walked through it, he could see the different soldiers getting ready for the fight. People were mounting MG42's in strategic locations, some of them hidden until they decided to open fire. Even a few Panzers were set up in a defensive line. Still, the odds were stacked against them. He had alerted a high-ranking officer of the numbers he had seen. It was obvious that the officer was prepared to die fighting, and had set up his soldiers for the strongest defense he could muster.

He didn't know how far he had run. All he knew was that by the time he reached this place, he was half dead from exhaustion. Even after a few hours, he still felt winded.
"Second line, second chance, no being caught off-guard." he reminded himself.