Bending Time [non-canon, medieval/modern,check discussion]

This is where all of the Twilight Zone role-plays are archived.
Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Bending Time [non-canon, medieval/modern,check discussion]

Post by Kael »

[Ame gave me permission to start this]

Kael was in his floating tower. He was experimenting with different rune combinations. He had recently bought a unique item that it was hard for him to identify. It was a yellow, and the merchant had claimed it had the power of time-control. This had interested Kael, and he was working right now to see it's power. So far, he had gone back only a few seconds, but it seemed to have more power. He was now working to go forward, but knowing the complications possible, he outfitted himself with his spellbook and a fresh arrangement of spells. He then attempted a few seconds of forward travel. It worked and he prepared for a longer jump. The Panther went down to the town to gather a party of willing adventurers to accompany him, in case of an emergency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humba was working his way up the floating tower. He knew where there was magic like this, there was treasure galore. He was scaling freely, and was having a sure time of it. He found every crack and chink on the weather beaten surface and scaled fast. He reached the window as the wizard inside was leaving. He flipped himself inside and an alarm rang. He quickly shushed it with a silence scroll, then moved toward the table. He found the alarm and deactivated it. He then began searching for expensive reagents.

He found a bunch of common items, but none that were expensive. Then He went farther in. There was a rustle of wind with no source, but Humba paid no mind. These servants were not able to hurt anyone. He then came to a room with finery and gold everywhere. He started shoveling it in, until he realized the bag wasn't filling. It was just an illusion. A masterful one, but an illusion. He silently applauded the magician as a cage of force surrounded him. This cage shined light, eliminating shadows. Humba was trapped.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Sponsor

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron
Species: Fox

Re: Bending Time [non-canon, medieval/modern,check discussio

Post by Sonnet Raven »

[Please tell me if you don't like my RP]

A petite white wolf girl walks into the room. She held a medium sized blade, tapping it against the wall. She was one of Kael's Head Security advisers. Her long career of shady jobs and mercenary work made her into an almost emotionless assassin. Even though she was fairly bland in the emotional sense, she was a very attractive young fur. She nods at Humba, "Well, well, well... do you enjoy our little security system that we have in place here?... Either way, you had better get comfortable. I just might leave you here for a while... Let you simmer on the last bad decision you made before carrying out my master's punishment." Alexis sits down right at the bars of the cage, "While you're here, let's get to know each other. I'm Alexis Winters, your new, only friend. If you're nice, I might make your punishment a little lighter... Maybe..." She managed a slightly sadistic smile. She seemed entertained by the fact that she was in control, taunting him, trying to pull a reaction out of the thief.
List of My Characters
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5895

LilMissFortunes
Outlaw
Outlaw

Post by LilMissFortunes »

((OOC: Sorry this post ended up so long; please let me know if I've done something wrong or my style doesn't work and I'll edit or delete the post ASAP.))

[Modern Day Edwin]

The city streets sat glumly in the shadow of the overcast sky - a scene not entirely unfamiliar in Nottinghamshire. Not too many people were outside that afternoon, and those who were quickly began to make their way home. But not Lucky. No; in fact, she barely noticed the thick grey clouds looming above her. All she was interested in right then were the large set of sliding automatic doors before her and, more importantly, the supermarket beyond them. Or, more specifically, the food in said supermarket. It was chow time~

The tiny kitten homed in towards the store, greedily licking her lips. She was evidently young, perhaps no older than 7, with black white-tipped hair (which blended seamlessly with her similarly-coloured fur) pulled into pigtails with ribbons that resembled 4-leaf clovers. The rest of her outfit - a green hoodie and baggy denim jeans, were tattered and worn. This, her overall unkemptness, and the complete lack of supervision suggested that, despite her young age, she was a budding veteran of street life.

The child was quick to notice that, despite her standing so close to them, the doors were not opening. She jumped up and down in a bid for the sensors to notice her, but still nothing happened. Attempts to pry them open, pound them into submission, and shout "open sesame!" whilst making exaggerative 'magician' gestures all failed as well. With a huffy little sigh, Lucky leaned on the doors, clearly unamused. Why was she the only Feilan she knew that had to give way to a long, tedious battle with the doors just to get into a supermarket? She swore the government had rigged them to stop her specifically - they probably knew that she was the best shop-lifter in all of Feila.

The very generous thought of such a compliment made the little girl break a cocky smile - just as her support gave way and she quickly found herself laying face-first on the ground. The doors had opened! As Lucky scrambled to her feet, the doors closed again, clamping against the feline's temples. "NyeowowowowowowowOW!" She only had to struggle for a few moments before the doors released her, sending her flying back to land in a heap.

"Nyaaa..." As Lucky got back into her feet, clutching her now-throbbing head, she noticed another Feilan rush into the store without issue. "What is your problem, door?!" The kitten threw an accusatory glare at the closed doors. "Well, fine! I'll go find food somewhere else, and it will be a trillion times betta than the stupid food in the stupid store you're guardin'! So there!" She stuck her tongue out at the door, before storming off in a huff.

Grumpy and empty-stomached, the kitten made her way to the nearby park, clambering onto a swing and laying with her midriff pressed against it, her top and bottom halves dangling off rather limply, like a ragdoll. She almost could have fallen asleep like this, if not for the large drop of water splashing her nose. Lucky looked up, just in time for the inevitable downpour to start. She let out a small groan - this was just typical.

She wished things could be different. That something new and exciting would happen to liven things up!

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

Kael returned grumbling from the Town's tavern. Why was there never any Adventurers or mercenaries when he needed them?

He floated up to the door and let himself in. The ward was keyed to him and his security head only. He quickly came up to the room where there was a magical emanation that wasn't there before.
---------------------------------------------------------
Humba clapped his hands. "I must say, it is rather impressive. Never knew You could make real illusions. Who is your master?" He quickly drew a knife and threew it. It passed right over Alexis' head. "And by the way... Never get close to a prisoner. That's a sure-fire way to get killed." His knife reappeared back in its sheath.

Humba froze as Kael showed up in the doorway. <No Way> He thought. <Why did I go after THIS tower. It could have been any tower. Not this one...>

Kael was equally surprised, but not really. "Humba? Did you go all kleptomaniac again?"

"Yes, I needed to steal something, and I had no clue it was your tower. You got me."

"Well, I could use your help. And yours too, Alexis. I am making a small jump in time. I need someone to accompany me. Care to come with?"

"Delighted." Humba said with a grin. Being with Kael alwyas meant an interesting time.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron
Species: Fox

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Alexis growled, as Humba would be released, she punched him in the arm, "Throw a knife at me again and I promise you'll find yourself limping back to Old Nottingham with my foot broken off in your ass..." she growled. She looked at Kael, "What Kind of a jump in time? You mean forward?..." she paused a moment, obviously not very happy about it, "I've read the stories about time travel... people losing limbs and dying... awful things..." she said, crossing her arms. She trusted Kael, just not his magic at times.
List of My Characters
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5895