Outbreak (Deadly Virus RP in modern America) [Open]

This is where all of the Twilight Zone role-plays are archived.
Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron
Species: Fox

Outbreak (Deadly Virus RP in modern America) [Open]

Post by Sonnet Raven »

"Day 1: A body has turned up in a North Carolina morgue. Upon an autopsy, the body is shown to have died from several causes, including liver failure, kidney failure, and by the looks of it, the final blow being a massive heart attack. The mortician unknowingly contracting an air-born pathogen.
Day 3: The mortician dies by the mysterious virus and government funds to identify the killer are being made.
Day 4: Scientists call this super virus NCV-131.
Day 6: More deaths pop up, the virus is spreading.
Day 12: Public awareness of the new virus is now on the verge of panic. The plague is spreading rapidly, and there is no vaccine. Scientists aren't even fully aware of what exactly it is yet.
Day 20: All international airlines in and out of the United States have been closed down to prevent spreading. The virus has begun spreading in other parts of the world as is.
Day 25: North American government begins to collapse. The virus is a pestilence that is killing people by the 100'000's of thousands a day.
Day 32: World Trade and borders have begun to shut down. All attention from world powers are spent on vaccinating this virus.
Day 40: United States and other world powers have crumbled. The Government is no longer in control. Vaccination is no longer a priority to the people, survival is. Anarchy breaks out, riots in the streets, and gangs forming for territorial control.
Day 53: Containment is not an option, the virus has spread to every corner of the earth(Even Madagascar). Military's have been disbanded and local authority is null.
Day 71: The furry race is thinning, and the spread of the disease is slowing rapidly. Populations are not moving as much, and the virus has no one to spread to.
Day 103: The virus seems to have died out for the most part, the world has lost over 3 Billion people, almost half of the entire fur population. Rebuilding has begun.
Day 122: The virus suddenly reemerges as a water-born pathogen. People are now getting sick as a result from drinking impure water. It's evolving."
- Journal of D. Nicole Lieving

Nicole sits in the loft of her "home" on the second floor of an old abandoned textile factory located in South Tennessee, on the outskirts of Chattanooga City. She was a brown lynx, wearing a pair of light glasses, a thick BDU jacket for protection, and a pair of khaki slacks. They were simple, but rugged, perfect for survival gear. She closes her notebook, where she was recording the events regarding the outbreak. The current day was Day 134, or at least she thought it was. Her life as a micro-biologist went down the drain when the Virus hit. She didn't know how many more were alive, but she prayed that someone would find her soon enough.

The lynx glances around the plain room, a few blankets on the floor and a pillow serving as her permanent bedding. The walls were barren except for a dull grey paint, giving the whole area a downtrodden atmosphere. She stands up and walks to the open doorway. She turns to her right, climbing a large staircase. She opened the door at the top as a bright light shown through. The sun, it was glaring at her from head on, the evening only beginning.

She thinks to herself, "August... 17th?..." she spoke to herself, recalling the current day. She assumed the current time to be about 5:00pm. She rounds the corner of the stairway hub on the rooftop and watched her red flag flying high in the air. Anyone for miles around would be able to see where she was. She had been waiting for months, yet no one has come her way in the past, and she didn't believe for a moment that some Deus Ex Machina moment was going to happen anytime soon, but she kept vigilant.

Nicole stepped back inside, closing the door and returning to her dark abode. There was the light of one window shining through, although it was on the east side of the room, only really catching the light of the morning sun. She walks to her room doorway, staring over the railing, looking down onto the first floor, scanning the subtle darkness for anything more than a rat or two. She was a paranoid creature, never knowing when someone will sneak in and take her only provisions. She turns to her right and walks along the catwalk that ran parallel to the wall, leaving only about 4 feet of walking from between the mottled grey wall and a 30 foot drop into a concrete floor. As she rounded left, she walked down a a steel staircase, onto the first floor. This was where all of the machinery was kept. The mills and sewing machines, the fabric weavers, you name it, it's here. She didn't know the technical name for each machine, nor even its function, but she didn't really care.

Nicole walks along the rows of metal working and stops at a door. It was similar to those in a garage. She grabbed the chain on the right side and began pulling on it, raising up the gate slowly. Shafts of light breaking onto her feet, and the scent of fresh air wafting into the dank mill. She does this for the other 3 doors, strafing the 200ft long warehouse. The light and the breeze made it feel almost bearable here, but she could never stop that burning feeling in the back of her mind. That feeling of loneliness that she's kept for a little over a hundred days now.

She begins to cry softly, tears rolling down her cheeks one at a time, leaning against the edge of the doorway, still unsure on how she's to make it through this alive...
List of My Characters
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5895

Sponsor

lxHowlxl
Count
Count
Species: Wolf
Location: On my ship, the Rocinante, wheeling through the galaxies

Re: Outbreak (Deadly Virus RP in modern America) [Open]

Post by lxHowlxl »

"I've lost my home, my work- my whole life is gone..."

Howl was probably in the worst place at the worst time when the virus broke out. He lived in the Massachusetts Capital of Boston, a hub of trade and business. He moved from Russia after escaping Soviet tyranny there, hoping to make a new life for himself. With both military experience and survivalist tactics engraved into his mind, he'd be ideal for the fall of civilization...too bad he was in the center of it all. The 6'10" timber-wolf giant stood out in the crowds of people, and in his community, was known as the Russian giant. He worked in the meat-packing industry for quite some time, and when reports came out of a deadly virus spreading like mad, Howl left on "vacation" in hopes of avoiding slabs of contaminated meat. It was in his apartment in Dorchester, just East of Boston that he realized it was time to leave; local policemen were having a heavy shootout with the local gangs, who were trying to seize power. Those few men dedicated to order were trying their best to maintain it. The police seized the apartment in hopes that they could operate from it, since their station had been raided by a crowd of rioters. So, hoping to avoid the conflict, Howl took his Mossberg 500 and Colt .45 and left his home.

Once the violence and death receded, Howl moved from city to city, hoping to find supplies...and a place to live. Sadly, he began to get lost, and with street signs and entrance posts smeared with blood or merely blown to piece, it was impossible to tell where he was. Being on your own for such a long time can almost drive a man crazy, so much to the point of seeing...

Howl was down to his last 24 shells; he had been through a lot of firefights, since bandits and local governments posed threats to scavengers and wanderers. His legs were getting tired, and the area around him looked clear, so he sat down on a pile of rubble, swiping the dust off his blue, torn jeans. He analysed the rest of his clothing: his black hoody had some blood on it's sleeves, and a number of holes lined it. His brown boots had been through quite a lot, but they were still in good shape and kept the elements away from his feet. His hands were more rugged than ever, scars and calluses covering nearly every inch.

He proceeded to take out his journal and write into it, but anger and frustration welled inside him, and since he was supposedly alone, he lashed out. His accent was thick, his r's rolling off his tongue very smoothly. "Why does it fucking matter anymore?!" He threw his journal at the house across from him, and more emotions flowed from his tough, cold and beaten body...he nearly cried. "Everyone is either dead or crazy! What have I got to live for?! Isn't there someone out there who is at least-" Howl caught something in the corner of his eye while yelling, and his glare fell upon a red flag flowing across from him, his journal now covered in dust in front of the doorway. He smiled, picking up his equipment in wild excitement.

"HEY!!! IS ANYONE THERE?!" Howl sprinted to the door, knocking on it repeatedly. "HEY! I'M A SURVIVOR! PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE IS STILL ALIVE IN THERE!"
Proudly supporting our soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq. Get the job done, then come back home.

Join me on the RP discussion channel on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=bf36 ... la-Serious

I'm an admin there, so don't be trollin' while I'm around.

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Nicole blinks and looks behind her, the door being banged on. She began to get scared and ran back upstairs, into her room and grabbing her M4. She wasn't a very good shot, nor did she have that much ammunition for it, but she typically used it for intimidation purposes, scaring away bandits. She ran back down stairs and stacked on the door, "Who is it? Are you a carrier?" she called out, her gun at the ready, but not in any position to be flagged by the door if it opened. She decided to inform him in case this was a robbery, "I'm heavily armed, if you're looking for supplies, I suggest looking elsewhere..."

A carrier was a type of person who had the virus, but it didn't kill them. It would lie dormant in people until they infected someone else, by which meaning that the infected would soon die, and leave the carrier to expose it to more victims.

Nicole grabs her Shemagh (Large cotton cloth about 3' x 3') out of her pocket and tied it around her neck, pulling it up in front of her face. She didn't want to take any chances with this one. Although she did feel relief, if this person were friendly, she may be able to work together to find a more suitable shelter.
List of My Characters

RavenFire487
God
God
Species: Canine

Post by RavenFire487 »

"All this work, and this is all I've got left."

This was exactly what Ivelese said to herself as her car, a plain white Jaguar XJ, covered on scratches, dents, and blood. Flew down the abandoned Tennessee road.

Ivelese could be considered by some as lucky, a few months before the first report of the virus, NASA had selected her to go into space, she had returned a few weeks after the anarchy had ended, she had returned to her home to find it turned upside down and most of her car collection destroyed or stolen. Taking her white jaguar, she planned on driving up through the country from her Florida residence, looking for someone alive and uninfected.

A few of the interstate signs remained as she drove, when she reached Tennessee, she had been forced to leave the interstate due to a large amount of wreckage sitting on the road ahead, as she drove, a bright red flag stood out against the Barren landscape, then something else caught her eye, a fur outside the one door, banging on it. She swerved her car towards one of the open garage doors and drove in, the automatic headlights turned on and Ivelese stopped just quick enough to avoid slamming into and industrial size sewing machine "Anyone here?" she yelled, stepping out of her car after turning it off and removing the key.

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

Howl stopped when she asked if he was a carrier; he knew for a fact that he wasn't...but his best friend had been. He had a whole family, and infected his kids, wife, hell, even the maid was killed. Living in such madness can drive a person to the point of no return, and this was the case for him. Howl had to kill him as he attempted to rage across the small village they had set up, putting a shell into his chest. Howl shook the thoughts away, then returned his attention to the person inside. "No...I'm not a carrier, and trust me, the last thing I want right now is to steal; I've been without any contact from anyone for months...given madmen, bandits and hostile new governments don't count. Now will you please let me in? If I try to pull anything, you know you can just blow me away, so what's the risk?"

The tension of the moment was broken (to some extent) when a white Jaguar XJ swerved across the street, nearly slamming into some debris in the road. The driver got out, asking if anyone was in the house, and Howl replied. "Yes! Someone's in there!"
Proudly supporting our soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq. Get the job done, then come back home.

Join me on the RP discussion channel on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=bf36 ... la-Serious

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Nicole was paranoid enough as is. When the car swerved into the building, she opened fire. Sending rounds through the glass and the hood of the car! She thought that it was bandits. The lynx quickly climbed the staircase, walking along the catwalk, aiming at the car and the fur, but not firing unless she had a clear shot. "GET OUT!!" She shouted, firing another round at the car, this time, shattering the windshield!
List of My Characters

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese ducked behind one of the sewing machines, covering her head with her paws as the shots ravaged the car, as what seemed like the last shot was fired, Ivelese was about to stand up when another shot was fired, it shattered the wind-sheild. Ivelese stood up slowly "P-please! H-hold your fire!" Ivelese said as she stepped into the light "Please, I'm not armed." Ivelese said, turning completely around revealing that she was in fact unarmed. She then looked at Nicole "Please." she said quietly "Please help me.'

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

Howl ducked as bullets flew past his head, hoping that the woman firing that gun wasn't a good shot. Luckily, Howl managed to dodge the rounds that came his way. The other woman was also unharmed, to his relief. Now the only problem was making sure the woman inside the house wouldn't open fire again. Howl kicked out his Mossberg 500, raising his hands to show he was now unarmed. "I'm not a bandit...and I don't think she is, either." Howl couldn't quite see the woman in the shade of the dark house; the lights in the house were either dead or not on. "Look, I've been traveling since Boston...hell, I don't even know where I am. The last thing I want is to have to shoot another human being just to survive."

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Nicole raised her firearm at Howl, "What do you people want? If you're not trying to attack, why would you be so STUPID as to veer into my home at 30 plus miles per hour?!" She emphasized the absolute ignorance of the girls actions that nearly got her killed. She continued, "Are either of you infected or carriers?..." She still wasn't going to risk anything.
List of My Characters

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

"Well I know I'm definitely neither infected or a carrier, NASA had asked me to go up on the space shuttle a few weeks before the virus even started." Ivelese stated truthfully "When I returned I figured I'd leave my home in Florida and go to my grandfather's cabin up in the mountains in Canada, thing has been empty since he died a few years ago, and it's totally isolated, there isn't even a road directly to it."

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

Howl looked at Ivelese with one eyebrow raised, skeptical of her rather odd story, but it wasn't exactly the main issue at the moment; a rather emotionally comprised woman had a gun pointed at him, and he'd rather not die after all the time he's fought. "I'm not a carrier; the last settlement I stayed in, though it was a while ago, didn't have infection problems, and I was usually in contact with 10 people a day, and I know for a fact I'm not infected right now...I haven't seen anyone in a week."

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Nicole's hand quivered with nervous tension, "Okay... I don't have any supplies for you people... If charity is what you're looking for, you've come to the wrong place... I can provide shelter... but food and water, you're on your own..." At this point the fur was hyperventilating at an uncomfortable rate. She often suffered from Anxiety attacks and the current situation obviously wasn't helping her any in the health department. She lowers the guns barrel to the floor and walks along the catwalk and into her barren, grey room. To be honest, she just prayed that they would stay. She hated being alone, fortunately for her survival, she feared infection just a little bit more.
List of My Characters

RavenFire487
God
God

Post by RavenFire487 »

Ivelese walked over to her car, opening up one of the doors she leaned in and came back out a few minutes later with a letter in an envelope, she looked over toward the stairs that led up to the catwalk, she started heading towards them, winding through the labyrinth of large sewing machines, eventually she reached the stairs and started up them, reaching the top, she started walking in the direction that she'd seen the figure with the gun go, she walked into one of the rooms with an open door, inside the room she saw barren gray walls and the fur with gun, it was a brown lynx, her gun lay on the floor. Ivelese handed her the letter "In case you thought my story about NASA was a bit fishy." she said, the letter said that they would be coming to pick her up, two days before anything involving the infection happened, and also stating the date she'd be returning to Earth, the current date was the 17th, and the date she returned was the 10th.

Sonnet Raven
Baron
Baron

Post by Sonnet Raven »

Nicole looks at the figure and takes a breath, "Don't get close to me!... I can't take the risk of getting infected... even if you say you aren't..." She kept her distance from the girl, seeing it in her best interest to at least attempt to stay healthy. She kept her Shemagh tied around her mouth and nose, just to give her at least a little more security than bear skin.
List of My Characters

lxHowlxl
Count
Count

Post by lxHowlxl »

(( Sorry guys, but I'm dropping out of this one. I had posted here weeks ago, but for some reason, it didn't go through. >.> But either way, I haven't got the time to keep up, so by all means, go on without me. :P ))