Endeavour [Mass Effect-based, open, all races [ME-or Feilan]

This is where all of the Twilight Zone role-plays are archived.
RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis
Species: Jackrabbit

Re: Endeavour [Mass Effect-based, open, all races [ME-or Fei

Post by RasHeart »

"This is Sgt. O'Maolomaingh. I've recieved your message, Pan! Go to Docking Bay 2 and evacuate the citizens!"
The hare booked it, trying to head to Alean'th's main area.

Citizens ran amok. Alliance soldiers were shooting some, eventually killing off most of them. It was utter chaos.

Sponsor

Gosa
Thief
Thief
Species: Stegosaurus

Post by Gosa »

Pan received a garbled transmission which he ran through his computer to clean up the sound. He heard the key points "docking bay 2 .......evacuate citizens" Pan set a course for the destination of docking bay 2 and decided to do an in-system slipspace incursion straight to the docking bay to avoid the enemy fleet. To do this he knew he had to only have the vital systems running so he shut off all nonessential systems and let the navi computer do the piloting.

The computer turned the ship towards the planet and engaged the slipspace drive, half a second later the ship appeared next to the docking bay back to front with full power to the engines for 2 seconds which decelerated the craft so the it was able to land at docking bay 2.

Upon touchdown Pan open the outer airlock and, using blast doors, created a route from the airlock to his cargo bay which had enough room for approx. 300 citizens. He had decided that this was the easiest way to get the survivors to the cargo bay without them accidently compromising any of the shops vital functions. Pan had turned all systems back on again and set all of his scanners to Auto so that he would be instantly aware of any dangers that become apparent. Pan set he external speakers to on and initiated a anti-armament sub routine onboard which would deactivate any weaponry in the areas that the citizens would be in. Pan then called out over the external fanboy system that he was at docking bay 2 with space for approx. 300 citizens. The was an initial rush of citizens to the count of 167 and then a slow trickle of 1or2 a minute for next 10 minutes.

During this time Pan had been trying locate the position of the person who told him to go the the docking bay and he finaly believes that he has the frequency so he sends a short message " to whomever contacted me about going to docking bay 2 I have got a cargo bay of anxious citizens ready to depart are you coming or do you want me to pick you up from somewhere else?" pan awaited a response and at the same time started to prepare for his departure by plotting in an escape route. He had noticed that some of the smaller ships had broken away from the main fleet and had started to head towards the planet Pan readied his weapons and raised his shields everywhere except for a small opening where his ship was docked.

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis

Post by RasHeart »

"Don't worry about me, Pan! Get the citizens to my ship, the VegaStar! She's out in the battle." He continued, opening fire on the Alliance soldiers. "Make sure you return to evac more civvies! We need to empty Alean'th!"

Another voice patched into Pan's comms, a feminine voice. "Hello Pan! I'm Ivy, captain of the VegaStar! I advise you get to me immediately. The fight's heating the fuck up here!"

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

Maesu was slipping through the firefight, laughing maniacally. She LOVED adrenaline. She was able to blow a few larger ships of vitals before being spotted. "Oh, shit," she cursed. Engaging combat mode, the ship's shields boosted, and a displacement field sprang up.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis

Post by RasHeart »

Erellan continued to advance through the fray, hearing something about "N7," and a "Commander Shepard." Whoever this guy was, they thought he was important, and that N7 was some sort of unit.

The hare stopped at a strange looking device, a voice coming from it, and again, he heard "Commander" and "Shepard."
Is this a radio? Erellan searched for a transmission switch, which was suprisingly easy to find, and made contact with Commander Shepard.

"Does anybody hear me on this frequency?" Erellan spoke, then he waited. "India Squad, this is Commander Shepard. I read you, what's your status?" Erellan snickered, then spoke, "Commander, I believe India Squad is down. This is Sgt. O'Maolomaingh, Feilan Council Guard, and I assume you're the one behind this attack." Shepard spoke again. "Sargent, if only your forces did not put up resistance, this attack wouldn't have happened. If you don't want any casualties, lay down your weapons.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ivy was alone on the bridge. She wasn't prepared for this! She gave Pan her coordinates. Another Alliance ship flew in. "Damn it!" She fired the coilgun, only dealing minor damage.

Kael
God
God
Species: Panther or Dragon

Post by Kael »

Maesu was able to dodge bullets, barrel rolling everywhere. She got out, only to end up in another firefight, between enemy and a larger ship. "Fuck this shit," she said. She weaved around, replacing a normal bullet with her secret weapon. She fired at the weak spot, hoping to pass the shields. If it did, it acted like a nuke, splitting the atoms of the ship.
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants. ~Lynn Lavner

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. ~Letter to the editor, The Advocate

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis

Post by RasHeart »

The Alliance dreadnought imploded, fission particles flying everywhere. "What the...." Ivy was amazed. That small ship, destroyed a way larger ship! The smaller ship's signature indicated it's name was the Moira. "Thanks for the assist, Moira!" She exclaimed on the comms. She soon was boarded by the Council Guard's 33rd Pilots wing, to help her out.

"We haven't time to waste. Get to your stations, and man this ship!" The Wing Colonel ordered. Now that the Vega was in good hands, she boarded her fighter, the Genius.

Ivy sped into the fray, firing EMP blasts onto the enemy ship's cores. Many of them were down for the count, allowing the Vega to knock them out. "Engage the deulists on my mark...MARK!"

Gosa
Thief
Thief
Species: Stegosaurus

Post by Gosa »

Pan replied " message received and understood sargeant" Pan altered his coordinates So that he would be able to pilot his ship to the VegaStar he was about to initiate a slipspace incursion but he saw that his mk15 infusion drive was out of energy and would need to recharge. Pan was happy though because he has approx. 40feet of extra hull platting and several shields that all worked at the same time to create a nearly impenetrable defence.

Pan disconnected from the docking bay and started his ascent through the atmosphere into space and the sight he was met with was almost like seeing Armageddon in person which for a moment intimidated him. The view that he was getting made it impossible for his ship to detect the VegaStar so he sent out hardened and shielded probes to act as satellites for his ship and all his allies ships, pan started to get signals relayed to him which didn't seem to make sense as the direction he was being told to go would take him, as he could see it, straight through some of the ships. Pan though for a moment as he was unsure how to continue and then it struck him and he modified his viewscreen to only display tactical data which resulted in him seeing the outlines of the ships and a breaches in their hulls along with any floating debris but it filtered out the flames and the smoke and dust which would cause no harm to his ship.

Pan followed the course set up by his probes which were constantly making corrections to avoid potential collisions. Pan had, the second he moved away from the planet, been under fire from enemy ships so his ship automatically initiated a subroutine which Pan himself had wrote which made all blast doors close and auto repair bots were deployed throughout the ships vital areas just incase the enemy weaponry fire had any unexpected side affects. It was lucky that Pan's ship was so well defended because those very defences made it an easy target when not in subspace.

Pan had finally made it to the VegaStar's docking port which he connected to and his ship automatically opened a route up from the cargo bay to the docking port and opened a gap in the shield network once he had successfully docked. "Attention citizens please depart onto the VegaStar and please ensure you take all personal belongings with you when leaving this transport as anything left behind may cause unnecessary delays, thank you for using Armageddon transport express have a nice day and enjoy your onwards journey" Pan left the comm open and heard a few chuckles. He had remembered hearing that if you laugh it relieves stress and worrying by releasing chemicals into the brain of most creatures which calms them down. Once the last of his passengers had left he undocked, closed the blast doors again, closed the gap in the shield network and proceeded back to the planet. He did this over and over until finally no one was boarding his ship on the surface anymore so he contacted the sargeant on the frequency he used before "Sargeant this is Pan I have run out of citizens to pick up is there anywhere else you wish me to pick them up from hearing in mind I have scanned the planet and cannot find any other life forms on any of the other continents." Pan awaited a reply.

RasHeart
Marquis
Marquis

Post by RasHeart »

"Good job, Pan! Now, I advise that you get back down to the station, and make evac runs until the entire station is empty. Move!" She instructed.

Down at the VegaStar's docking bay, the civilians arrived, only to meet Council Soldiers. "I damn well knew it. This ship's too fancy t'be Dimitrean. WE HATE THE COUNCIL! MIGHT AS WELL EJECT US FROM THE DAMN AIRLOCKS!" One civilian exclaimed, a soldier tried to defuse the situation carefully, "No need for that shit. Be glad we saved your liv--!" The soldier was knocked unconscious by a civilian toting a lead pipe. The soldiers retreated, changing their weapons to non-lethal shock rounds. It was an uprising, right in the docking bay.

"Commander Shepard, with all due respect, your forces attacked first." Erellan stated.